It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Streetview captures sky anamolies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

the SUN is not the source of the pics, google is and there are other links to this story incase people try to dismiss this as a hoax cause its from the sun. any ideas what these pictures could be cause they look weird as hell..

one is over portugal and another over italy...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Google Streetview captures sky anamolies

This doesn't look like a tree branch to you..?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d012b49dae93.jpg[/atsimg]

And the other is a rain/liquid drop...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
any ideas what these pictures could be cause they look weird as hell..

the tree branch has been posted here before, even showing the tree it came from, the other one looks like water on the lense, you can see the road is wet and other water drops on the bottom right

[edit on 27/1/10 by dereks]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

"wow" nothing to see here as long as you are in denial and think everything can be explained.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

"wow" nothing to see here as long as you are in denial and think everything can be explained.

I believe we are not alone - spiritually or in regards to universal neighbors, I believe energy can be left behind when someone dies, I believe in miracles, ect

But I don't believe in this crap - especially since it is quite obvious (to those with open minds) that it is indeed a tree branch...you on the other hand would more than likely buy any story that fits your agenda, huh..?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That raindrop photo is a cool looking picture.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The photos are clearly bunkum. The Sun has a reputation as tabloid trash, which is well deserved.

While there is something to be said about the alien/contact/disclosure popular culture meme going around at the moment. However, if you are looking for evidence or journalism, look elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The thing that cracks me up is statements like these that are coming more and more popular here.

Even more so that this statement is the "solid contributor" tag the member has.

Such a "solid" contribution this was.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

No -- not everything can be explained, but these can.

As some told you before, just open your mind to the idea that these pictures aren't necessarily "alien". Don't be in denial that there are possibly mundane explanations for these pictures.

Here is another view of that twig. This is two "clicks" to the left of the picture in the OP's. You can see the object is magically in front of the utility pole.
Google Maps
It's probably a twig stuck on the camera lens.

[edit on 1/27/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by samblakkk

Joining so you can post a new thread? Don't believe it for a second.

Why would you join a site to find out about moon halos and have to post so many posts to create a thread?

Ask google to get your answer here home.hiwaay.net...

Seems like another admin or mod account to boost threads.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
ok heres a twist for you...

if these are just your simple rain drop and tree branch ufo's... why is the MSM jumping on them as UFO's? wouldnt they do the same 5 minute homework like the ATS folk and figure out they are just a tree branch and a rain drop??

and being from google, why would google doctor them as such? whats the agenda here for doing so?

[edit on 28-1-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
ok heres a twist for you...

if these are just your simple rain drop and tree branch ufo's... why is the MSM jumping on them as UFO's? wouldnt they do the same 5 minute homework like the ATS folk and figure out they are just a tree branch and a rain drop??

and being from google, why would google doctor them as such? whats the agenda here for doing so?

[edit on 28-1-2010 by TheCoffinman]

Well, I really would call The Sun the MSM. It's just a tabloid; something like the National Enquirer or The Weekly World News here in the United States. Those are the newspapers that print stories about Elvis Presley's Sasquatch love child.

Obviously, The Sun did not do its homework on the "twig". From the other thread on this, I found that the google maps image was from L'Aquila, Italy. Going to that "street view" and moving forward and backward a few "positions", I found these pictures:

The same object is seen here in the sky:
Google Maps
and here (in front of a telephone pole):
Google Maps
and here (in front of telephone wires and a metal shed):
Google Maps
and here (in front of some bushes):
Google Maps
and here (under a bridge):
Google Maps

Actually, I think The Sun knew exactly what that was (a twig), but felt that calling it a mystery object would sell more newspapers.

...and to answer you question as to why Goolge would do this: It's obviously an unintended goof -- an accident. There are probably hundreds of thousands (millions?) Google street view photos. Even if Google DID review each of those photos, I don't think they would have gone back and spent the money to re-photograph those streets in L'Aquila, Italy just because a twig got stuck to the camera lens. Even with the twig, the photos are fine the way they are.

If Google would have edited the twig out of those photos, that would be cause for another ATS thread. I can see the thread title now: What was in the sky over Italy that Google edited out of "street View!"

[edit on 1/28/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
...as for the other picture (the spot in the sky), it looks like just a water spot, as people have suggested.

If you look at images taken along that same road outside Porto, Portugal, you will see that spot appear in all of the images.

Here is that same spot under a bridge:
Google Maps

and in front of a road sign:
Google Maps

[edit on 1/28/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

join