It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are not a Native American, you're an 'Anchor Baby' (the decendent of an illegal alien)!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Seems most people forgot that the United States of America was the Indians (and that includes Mexicans) land first......

So it looks like if you're not American Indian or Mexican, you're an anchor baby...

Put that in you're pipe and smoke it adifferentbreed...

S&F

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
If they were being treated fairly they’d all be in prison, like I would be if I didn’t pay my taxes.

I just have to point out, they'd still be leeching your tax dollars if they were in an American prison...at least on the outside they contribute by (to avoid a horrific stereotype I'll let you assume what jobs an illegal immigrant has while they're here).

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Ok, thats crap. Want to know why? because if it wenrt for the "illegal aliens" i.e. settlers (FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD) who settled in north america there would be no USA. So, I would say the descendants of the founders of this country have a say in whats considered to be a "natural born" citizen since it was their ancestors who fought and died to create the USA. Also, if the USA wasnt prosperous, no one would even want to come here and there wouldnt be a problem.

Now I know you have probably just been re-educated *coughs* I mean educated by some grandiose liberal school system or the media, but step back and think about this. The USA is a country founded in the same way Russia was, Britain was or you take your pick of countries.

And for the record.... native Americans in the US ARE citizens of the USA! Mexicans i.e. those who fall under the rule of the state known as Mexico do NOT! Why? because Mexico is a sovereign nation and our border stops at theirs! We recognize this fact, why don't you?

If I go to Mexico I'm a gringo. Do you know what that means? It means "foreigner" Why? Because I'm an American! Not because I'm white (BTW there are white Mexicans, you're probably ignorant of that fact).

I personally have nothing against LEGAL Hispanic immigration. Stop making this a race issue!

The US economy is in shambles right now and we cannot afford to annex Mexico! If Mexico wants to become a state of the US, then they need to make that fact known.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

'Seems most people forgot that the United States of America was the Indians (and that includes Mexicans) land first...... '

yea except they were in no way United. Didnt have the concept of a state, and didnt call it America.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm a human being. I was born on Earth. I have as much of a right to be anywhere on it as anyone else does. The sins of my father are not mine. I never asked to be here. Here just happened to me. Get over yourself and your skin color and your borders...all of you.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

If they were being treated fairly they’d all be in prison, like I would be if I didn’t pay my taxes.

I just have to point out, they'd still be leeching your tax dollars if they were in an American prison...at least on the outside they contribute by (to avoid a horrific stereotype I'll let you assume what jobs an illegal immigrant has while they're here).

I never said the rules made sense, just stating what they are.

If it were up to me, stealing would result in your hand being cut off.

Guarantee that would give people an incentive not to steal.

Hammurabi Code all the way.

[edit on 1/27/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Isn't the whole point of this anchor baby stuff due to the economic effect is has. And people complaining because the children of those who have not paid taxes, and should not even be in the country, because they are illegal aliens (which means they are breaking the law by being here).

So after all that has been said surely the main point is that 'anchor children' (meaning children of illegal aliens (defined as this is the US legal system)) are draining the funds put into the system by the ones who are legally here, regardless of ethnicity etc.

So this is the issue, and with this definition anchor babies are those children here illegally in the context of the current US legal system, regardless of what various opinions you have about the land itself.

Thus an anchor baby is not as the OP suggests ' Anyone who is not Native American' but someone born of an illegal alien as defined by the current legal system.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by asd10]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm part native american, part english, irish and swiss, how do I kick 3/4 of myself out?

As for the natives who were here in pre-colonial times they never claimed the land as "theirs". Settlers who arrived here were welcomed as brothers from across the sea. What happened after was tragic but was never the fault of ALL white americans. Many fought to help the native tribes keep their land.

How do you know what MY ancestors did or didn't do?

Are you suggesting we just live in total anarchy and everyone can just do whatever they want regardless of consequence?

I don't care to live in a country without laws; including immigration laws.

Anyone who was born within the US borders is a "native american"

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth
I'm a human being. I was born on Earth. I have as much of a right to be anywhere on it as anyone else does. The sins of my father are not mine. I never asked to be here. Here just happened to me. Get over yourself and your skin color and your borders...all of you.

I appreciate your viewpoint but borders are an extension of law which includes such things as personal property and natural rights. Surely you believe in the right to have posessions? Without borders we have no law to protect you or your stuff. They also protect your right to free speech, etc.
I agree with your principles but we have yet to work out a better way to keep order than nations. Perhaps your generation will be the one to find a better way.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

what does it matter about white mans law? its completley corrupt and immoral even more still this day!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You're right - and not nearly enough people share your view for you to be heard en masse.

Shame!

S&F!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What if I am only part American Indian(I prefer that to NA)? I encounter the same problem with my 'blackness' too. Everyone just assumes I am white.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

"If you are not a Native American, you're an 'Anchor Baby' (the decendent of an illegal alien)!"

So all the people who come here legally with the permission of our government are here illegally? You my friend are utterly clueless. GO HOME MEXICANS AND FIX YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

As for the natives who were here in pre-colonial times they never claimed the land as "theirs".

I think that this is a point that is often forgotten in these arguments. The Indians didn't claim the land as theirs and as such welcomed virtually anyone. It was only when the newcomers treated the "natives" badly that they got a little ticked, and from my understanding, not because "their land was stolen" (since they had no concept of landownership) but because of how they were being treated.

I think many times, in these arguments, people apply our contemporary thoughts onto peoples of the past, which doesn't always equate to how the people then thought.

I love it as well when people equate the people living in America today as "illegal" or somehow not native because, based on the definition of "native", people born in America today most certainly are native.

If there are people that are in America though that feel so badly about what our ancestors did to Native Americans back a few hundred years ago, by all means, feel free to sell your stuff and go back to your true "native" land.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

In re: OP

I don't think there is any arguing the point that the American Indians were wronged in a hundred ways. But that being said, I honestly don't know anyone alive today who took part.

It's true... and unless we are talking familiar accountability; holding relatives and descendants accountable for the sins of their forebearers, I'm not quite sure why I or my family or my neighbors should be lined up against a wall for something we had no control over. Beyond that, it becomes a form of racism because... if I am white, I must be of the same mind set as those who committed those atrocities in the past.

Also, those popularly identified as 'Native Americans' are really no more native to North America than those of European ancestry. True, they arrived sooner but the terms is still misleading.

As for illegal immigration? I personally have no problem with the legal version of it. All I ask is that current laws be respected. If you want to move to another country, begin a new life and such, why make your first act one that breaks the laws of that same new home?

I also have no quarrels with those who would like to see immigration laws rewritten. But let's please do this part first.

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigspud

Anyone born in this country is a native american!
That includes,blacks,whites,redskin,yellow,brown,tan...
A lot of people have a wide variety of races in their genetic
background.I am not fully white,I am also part cherokee and
blackfoot.My legal race is white(caucasian).

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe so many agree with this fallacy. First off, "I" din't do anything but be born here after these events of imperial dominance by europeans. The fact that soo many illegal immigrants live here is testament to our great society, however it does not make it right. And saying that we are all illegal is nonsense because we live in a long established government and country that PRESENTLY considers us "LEGAL". Just because my ancestors aquired this land has no bearing on my status as a citizen today.

Sure it sucked for those Native Americans.... I am part Cherokee. However , my hands as all of us these days are washed of acts committed by our forefathers. Unless you want to argue that all germans are still Nazis and want to kill jews, or all christians want to burn everyone else at the stake stilll... then u would be a nonsensical bigot.

Basically your argument does not fly... or even walk.

If you want to live here , follow our laws. Dont disrespect them and then try to pony up some sympathy when you get caught. If I were president I would throw you out on ur ass.... just like if you disrespected my house. Then maybe next time you would remember to bring manners and respect.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You are all missing the point completely.

Immigrants in the past, payed their dues and became AMERICANS.

read the OP again, you seem to have missed the point.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
like it or not immigration made america and canada what it is today. without immigration there would be no america.i dont see what all the hubub is about.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

That was so mature........if fact, statements like those make me better understand alot of your posts. In the history of the world, expansion happened through conquest. I will not apologize for what my ancestors may, or may not have done. This land was conquered and became the U.S., it's simply history. Should the many people in Europe be mad at others for the massive changes that occured in history? People who have no respect for our laws, nor the companies that benefit from them, deserve anything from this country. I keep hearing how hard it is to become a citizen here.......may well be. However, it is easy being an illegal here, try the things they get away with here, anywhere else. Something else as an aside.......I didn't write the article in my thread, it was in the news......make whatever opinions you may have about me, as they have no consequence to me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join