It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are not a Native American, you're an 'Anchor Baby' (the decendent of an illegal alien)!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Great thread! I agree with you. I have a friend who is 100% Native American and we have ahd some interesting conversations about this country and I feel bad for what our ancestors did to them. Their way of life is amazing and I would rather live their way than the way our country is now. We are not good to this country or it's land or animals. It's sad to see so many beautiful things be destroyed for power or money.

S&F! still lovin the avatar

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Interesting concept and being that you are a non native american you show a great compassion for your fellow humans S&F from me friend.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Am dissapointed in how many flags this is getting. Basically anyone who is native american, friends with one or part native american is flagging it.

Is just such a classic result of the education system making white people feel guilty for their supposed misdeeds in the past.

Uncontrolled immigration will destroy your country, watch.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Im a chain baby, as in I we where bought here in chains.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I wonder if this is inspired by my comments yesterday...nice.

Yes, we are sons and daughters of an occupying army whom pushed the indiginous population into small areas (reservations) and put rules up on how to live in occupied lands.

that said, there is no turning back now...sorry indians, but we are too engrained into this new world here...best outcome now is that we one day recognise the beauty of this land and stop this 500 year scorched earth policy we have been on...rebuild the natural beauty, and stop leaving such a mega footprint on the land individually.

Also, it would be hypocrtical for us to deny entry from others...

Finally...the most compelling argument to allow for immigration is not a quote from me, but from some chick I met once...wasnt much of a talker, but she wrote something down before I got there...went something like:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Idealist she is, but I like her style.

Most illegals would gladly jump on the grid and pay taxes...I do agree that those whom refuse to become one with the system should get sent back...but you will find very few who would refuse if given the chance...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by asd10
Am dissapointed in how many flags this is getting. Basically anyone who is native american, friends with one or part native american is flagging it.

Is just such a classic result of the education system making white people feel guilty for their supposed misdeeds in the past.

Uncontrolled immigration will destroy your country, watch.

uncontrolled immigration founded the country, and your blanket racist remark for anyone whom flagged this holds little weight...it demonstrates your personal ignorance actually...enjoy

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
bull .
1 we did take land from natives and yes that was wrong.
2 no we descendants are not illegal aliens or anchor babies at one time america had an open door policy unfortunately too many people started coming and the goverment had to start immigration policies yes that sucks but it is necessary.
3most of illegals who are coming here either can't afford to come here legally or donot understand the process.
4 native americans did not have immigration policy they were invaded by a group with superior technology and lost .

and before you go on much further my grandmother was 100 percent Cherokee
and on my grand mother was Sioux .

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
that lady you wrote of wasn't french by anychance with a green copper dress.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
cant we all just get along, california is broke , dont blame the peasants when the kings are what put them there, greedy buisiness owners hire illegals , cause they work at half the min wage, then,word gets around ,moe illegals,nutthin new here,greed and money by buisiness owners, lol
Them Mexicans work hard too...
ps.did i mention at half the pay !! WOW !!
pss. c what i mean..hehe

[edit on 27-1-2010 by StaceyWilson]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
All this bickering is pointless. Every race is guilty of something. period. Now the issue at hand is this. Illegal residents of the US of A. So here is the solution.
Plan 1. Set up a checkpoint at a border crossing. Everyone get in line for your picture, and you get a work ID which includes a tax number so you pay your fair share. Here for the season? Get a 4 month pass. Up tp a year in length, then you must re-submit for a new one. Is it perfect? Not in a million years. But it could be made clear that this is the best way for citizenship. Also, having a baby in the US while you are here illegaly would still make you a citizen of Mexico.
Plan 2. We invade Mexico because they have weapons of mass destruction, and take over.
Plan 3. We could always use another star on our flag. Lets make the state of Old Mexico since we already have a New Mexico. Or North and South Mexico. Whichever. This would open up the travel and vacation trade, allow us to own property there, and probably enhance the lives of both countries in the long run. (Then we can sneak back down and take back the Panama canal. But that is a different post)

In all reality, I can't see why people get so irate at this issue. All it really takes is a common sense approach to make the best out of an intollerable situation. We are never going to stop the sneaking in, so lets make it easier to get in, but also make it easier to track these potential citizens.
(think of this too..we would probably get a few more mandated vacation days if we take Mexico as a state!)
Viva Los Estados Unidos de America!!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The OP and many posters seem to be blissfully ignorant of a few definitions. For example:

Sovereignty: Sovereignty is the exclusive right to have control over an area of governance, people, or oneself. Kindly blow the One world - No borders crap out your ass. We are not Mexico, Canada, Pakistan, India or any other nation. We are America and we reserve the right to determine who we let into OUR country.

Immigration: Immigration refers to the movement of people between countries. While the movement of people has existed throughout human history at various levels, modern immigration implies long-term, legal, permanent residence.

Illegal immigration: Illegal immigration refers to immigration across national borders in a way that violates the immigration laws of the destination country.

Immigration is desirable and necessary for our country. Illegal Immigration is not. I really don't understand why so many (mostly liberal one worlder types) don't understand the difference.
Would you allow a stranger into your house? I doubt you could honestly say you would. Then why should we let strangers (undocumented aliens) into our country?

I would like to see the immigration policies relaxed and streamline the process for law abiding immigrants. I believe it should be a simple matter of verifying the identity, making sure they aren't dangerous criminals and verifying that they have work and living arrangements.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
White Americans belong to no country in that case and don't really have a long history like other countries around the world. It's a country that originally was made up of europeans.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Who did Spain invade? Why is Spanish the language of Mexico? You do know that nations have historically conquered other nations for thousands of years right?

Do you know what the word illegal means?

You need to rethink your erroneous posts and learn some world history.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So because you are "fed up" about people who are legal citizens of this country you made a thread expressing your opinions about illegal aliens who demonstrate a willingness to break the law by sneaking into the US like a terrorist, and spun the native aspect to validate your opinion.

Anyway...

The anchor baby issue is summed up in this phrase: Two wrongs do not make a right.

Meaning they need to close that loophole so that illegals do not continue to be a burden on our country, healthcare system, workforce, financial system and take money out of the pockets of hard working legal citizens.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There is a major difference here. The Native Americans never claimed to own the land. In fact their philosophy was that no man could "own" land, which is true. They welcomed the Europeans for the most part, but the Europeans were greedy SOB's. So they waged war on the Natives and overcame only because of superior technology and things like "fire water", and the fact that most of the tribes were too unorganized to fight war, save the Sioux.

In essence, we do not own this land. We just live here in the corrupt societal system that is set up. The illegal immigrants that come here are trying to escape a harsh, broken country that 99% of Americans wouldn't survive in for ONE DAY. They come here for the abundance of food, prosperity, hospitality, and the security of a relatively safe society. They know they aren't legally allowed here, but they are willing to risk everything for their families' sakes. I don't blame them.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If the "white man" did not come to the Americas guess what... Somebody else would have. Those were different times back then, the strong survived and took land, the weak lost there land. I didn't happen to see you location but if your in the United States your more than welcome to leave. Skip forward a couple hundred years, when people would immigrant to the U.S. it was done with pride, they would come here and learn english, fly the American flag etc etc. Now all the Illegals come here in the back of a van or in a tunnel with there heads lowered down, once in america they fly there flags, speak there language, bring there filthy ways with them. (Not all but living in a majority illegal area thats what I see). Open boarders is a bad idea for all you lefties, Open the southern and northern borders and just see what this country becomes, Usually people who are from the open boarder crowd live behind gates in a safe secure neighborhood and arnt affected by it.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I agree entirely! Any statement to the contrary is just plain BS. We stole this land. We killed for this land. I am sad to say being an American today is not a good thing. Our leaders are probably the most corrupt people to ever walk the face of the earth. I really wish some power stronger than them would all hold them accountable.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by asd10

Hopefully our country does change. Right now all we do is spread war. It's quite disgusting.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The earth belongs to no man, it for all of humanity to share equally.

To argue that I was here before you or you were here before me, is the argument of an arrogant spoiled child.

It is the greed and irresponsible behavior of man, which has turned many parts of our earth into a living hell.

It does not matter what your race, color, or creed might be. There is no point in fighting with one another over something that does not "belong" to any of us.

Stop behaving like a pack of pathetic jackals.

There is more than enough land for all of us. We just need to learn how to share it, responsibly.

STOP ARGUING LIKE SPOILED CHILDREN, OVER SOMETHING THAT RIGHTFULLY “BELONGS” TO NO MAN!

[edit on 27-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
It is the 'White Man' who has ruined this country within just a few hundred years have turned it into a giant garbage heap,

Ruined this country? Turned it into a giant garbage heap? Is that what you call it? Maybe your confused with some third world country, Because Americans have done nothing but flourish since they came here. What you call a giant garbage heap I call the most powerful advanced nation in the world. I see you don't have a location on your avatar, Ill make a deal with you. If you are in America, private message me and I will personally buy you a one way ticket to any country you want to go to as long as you dont come back. After all its the least I can do for a person living in such a hell hole garbage heap. You poor thing, I cant imagine living in such a place you describe. Pvt me ill be waiting

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join