It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hang on folks it's unfolding.............Job Losses mount!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I know things are going to be much worse this year than the previous. But yikes I don't know how much more unemployment our country can take.

www.businessweek.com...

You'd think this news would be all over the media but I had to find this on the internet.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oops that first one is from last year. Second is from this year.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Think about it, the more jobs companies cut, the less customers they will get in the end.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Doesn't matter. They've made their cut.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Home depot to lay off another thousand. I mean in an article on the anonymous internet it's just another thousand. But that's 1000 more Americans boom out of work. Verizon is 13,000. I mean that's like an entire neighborhood and then some.......just boom out of work.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Home depot to lay off another thousand. I mean in an article on the anonymous internet it's just another thousand. But that's 1000 more Americans boom out of work. Verizon is 13,000. I mean that's like an entire neighborhood and then some.......just boom out of work.

Sam's Club is cutting over 11,000 jobs as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am often amazed at the numbers involved with some redundancies. Today I read about Sony Ericsson who recently laid off 5000 people and now a further 1500 .... but then it turns out they employ 82,000 people so not such cuts after all.

Thats seems a hell of a lot of people employed with a phone manufacturer.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Its swings and roundabouts though.

Unlike in the '80s when the government changed the criteria for inclusion - this time the DWP hasn't moved the goal posts.

I've always believed that if the MSM started talking about the economy in a more positive light the economy would recover faster.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
I've always believed that if the MSM started talking about the economy in a more positive light the economy would recover faster.

It won't. Gas will shoot back up and people will have a hard time paying bills and mortgages again.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Think about it, the more jobs companies cut, the less customers they will get in the end.

Of course this is true but nobody thinks in the long term anymore. Here's how it goes. You are a mid-level manager at some company. Your superior says, "cut expenses in your department by next quarter or you are fired." So you turn around and fire a bunch of people under you so you can preserve your own job.

There is no calm, wise elder hand on the tiller here...just a bunch of scared, greedy, clambering individuals motivated by lust for power on one hand and gibbering fear of loss on the other.

"Long term" these days = Next quarter. Beyond that, for 99%, it's: "Well, we'll think of something else when the time comes, we always have before, right?"

top topics

join