It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was 64 yesterday, who says no global warming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So, again perhaps this belongs in the jokes section, but honestly, whenever there's a cold snap you hear people yelping about how there's no global warming.

Well, there were record highs in the NE yesterday and it's how I don't hear anyone suggesting that its proof of global warming. Maybe it's because people who have taken the time to understand global warming, know the difference between short term temperature variations and long term trends.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
OMG the temperature was warmer than average for one day, it must be global warming

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

And thus is my point proven.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i was making fun of the people who say that. lol

SARCASM

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
man ... climate is not the same thing as daily temperature ...sorry man, go research more before creating threads, thats my message for u and thats my good action for today

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think when America is colder than the poles for the first time in history, that should tell us something. Oh, where do you live by the way.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Here is another reason.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
ive lived in upstate NY for all my life. you will never find weather more crazy than here.

this isnt the first time there has been a warm spell in the middle of winter, and i doubt it will be the last.

the warm spell has to do more with the jet stream than CO2 emissions.

global warming is an agenda, not factual based science.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Personally, I tend to believe that global warming, in the current way it is being hyped is a bunch of b.s. However, in the interest of fully attempting to understand the other side I have a question. Can someone please show me that the earth has always maintained a consistent climate, that there has never been climate change before, and that the current climate change is the fault of humanity.

From what I have read, many previous civilizations lived in areas that were lush at the time, but in our time the area will now not support agriculture. This alone indicates to me that the climate changes, not only changes through time, but the changes may be either area specific or global.

It has been my opinion that the earth goes through cycles, now are we actually as important as we think we are, or is the earth simply entering another part of its cycle and we are trying to keep it stagnant. The stagnation of the planet may be beneficial for humanity, in terms of ensuring our survival, but the planet has eliminated larger less fragile species than humans.

Thanks and I welcome any and all replies.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
ok well global warming is a touch and go subject but it is what i think a natural process that we may have made go faster because there is a hole in the ozone that they have proven but then also look at the human history past of glaciers in the past right after the last ice age there was a GIANT glacier above America right beside Canada at the Atlantic ocean side but now its completely gone so to be honest i believe that "global warming" is nothing more but a natural process

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
ive lived in upstate NY for all my life. you will never find weather more crazy than here.

this isnt the first time there has been a warm spell in the middle of winter, and i doubt it will be the last.

the warm spell has to do more with the jet stream than CO2 emissions.

global warming is an agenda, not factual based science.

Well here in the southeast of the US it's freakin' cold. It was thirty three degrees yesterday morning.
Did your NY cold get reversed and sent down south?

Global warming IS an agenda I agree. The whole solar sytem is heating up. Al Gore makes as much from these light bulbs as his family probably made growing and selling tobacco.
When those bulbs break it require the likes of surgical gloves and a hazardous waste removal container to dispose of them.

However the planet is TOXIC! We have polluted the womb of the earth.
Sad really. But what a wonderful world this would be.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... don't deny man made global warming. The MMGW Inquisition will come to burn you like a witch.

Global Warming we know happens. Has been happening since the planet formed.
No question there.

Now you wanna say that Man is driving the climate change? I don't buy it. Back in the 80's science was saying we were going into a mini ice age and I didn't believe it back then. Now your telling me we are going into a global warming phase. And then people want to pass legislation letting people sell carbon credits.
To me carbon credits = MASSIVE PONZI SCHEME.

*Disclaimer*
I do not deny global warming. However I am highly skeptical of anyone saying that we are 100% the cause of that global warming.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

Just because it is warm where you are, does not indicate that "global" (meaning the entire world unless you think global means something else) temperatures are warmer than normal too.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It was colder than normal where I was yesterday..

Does that now mean that there is no global warming?

There are countless threads on this site about every aspect of the Global warming arguments.. and many of them are complete gold

Why did you have to start one with absolutely nothing except your personal opinion? No facts to back anything up.. not even a decent argument.

Its a waste of server space and processing power... after all, judging by your argument, you do believe that conserving energy will help abate global warming yes?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I say no global warming as I'm freezing over here! my phone says it's 24 degrees and that's not including the wind chill, or the snow that's been slapping me in the face as I move from one building to the next.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

well, i have lived in the south for 2 yrs now. the 2 winters that i have spent here were what the locals call the coldest weather they have seen in many yrs. so this is about as much proof in support of the non existence of global warming as your post is in support of it... infact, its been colder both yrs here in AR than many winters ive spent in PA as a child.
with out fact its fiction. and untill someone can disprove the fact that the current temps are well within normal ranges over the recorded history of temp than i will not support the theory.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by PApro]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
reply to post by kenochs

Wow, who knew there were so many people out there who don't get the lowest form of humor... sarcasm.
What a fascinating character study you could do about your run of the mill ATS'er.

Well if this was meant to be a joke then it has no place in the fragile earth forum. Will notify the mods to move it to a more appropriate forum

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You maybe having record highs, but record highs compared to the highest warm temp recorded during the winter period.

What was the last record high? If the last record was +3.4 and today it is +3.5, it is still a record high, but not by the margins implied by GW alarmists.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
[Don't believe this.] (You can play along though.)

Once it was raining, and I tried something. The rain stopped.

A few instances later it was raining more seriously, so I tried the same with the same results. I was very happy and thankful, yet imagined it as coincidence.

This winter seemed colder and different. A day before the warming I did the same thing I had done only instead thinking more for "homeostasis and life" in general.

I was surprised a little (though very thankful) when warmth spread. Though now that it's cooling again I am more surprised. Wow, ya know. We really can be friends and even laugh with nature... In the face of a loving unknown, I find myself laughing as though it was an inside joke when I sees them.

I hope it can't be used for catastrophic damage. Some of our bodies, with their free will, may have grown the wrong way. When I connect I realize I'm in a human body (a main cause of death on her) so my idea of good may differ. In these cases I hope the higher idea of good manifests instead.

-

I posted this and how it was done on these boards months before (on a public account), but it was deleted. No worries though; perhaps safety was in mind.

-

I don't know what to do now though. Are quakes, floods, hurricanes, and the others something I should connect thinking upon with the intent of stopping? They cause these akward bodies pain and death, but is it wrong? I would be more sure if I knew TPTB were the cause, but I dunno for sure. Maybe these bodies have evolved the wrong way and more good would result in their absence (or a different evolutionary path).

My guess is it's not only the physical evolution (something currently very hard to change) allowing free will. I think it's how we've been taught, the "mental evolution." I would think, then, that our bodies still have hope for true good.

(I'm treading on a weird line here; I could find answers I'm curious of with the post, but it could also cause too many bad ripples. I don't know who reads the forum so delete if more good would result in your opinion without it.)

(Sorry for any "errors" in language usage; I'm new to doublespeak so I figure there's a lot.)

[/Don't believe this.]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join