It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Uses Teleprompters When Giving Speech To 6th Graders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by Stormdancer777

And that is why we now use teleprompters.

well it took the fun outta it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yea it says we don't like them but still choose one. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

The President gives many speeches and has other things to do with his day which are more important than memorizing a speech. It doesn't bother me one bit that he reads from a teleprompter.

I think you may be onto something with your statement. I think he gave too many speeches within the last year. 411 speeches in fact. The poor guy doesn't know which end is up or who he is even speaking to anymore. He was far too busy stumping for Obamacare!!

He steps up to the mike, reads and departs. Meanwhile, the man has not given a press conference since July 22, 2009 (the now famous foot in mouth/Harvard professor/precursor to the beer summit press conference). I wonder why??
Oh yeah, he can't effectively answer or dodge unrehearsed questions.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
His speaking abilities have nothing to do with how he "runs the country."

This thread derails from the real issues we are facing as a country.

[edit on 1/25/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

Super, he's not suppose to be running the country, you know that, and IMHO it IS indicitive of the issues we're facing.
What is the challenge in speaking to or answering to a group of 6th graders?
The questions would be to difficult,? or do the words need to be so prepared and delivered with such measured power that theyre internalized without question?

Its important enough for him to be there delivering the speech, so he obviously feels its an important task, important enough to NOT be doing something.......USEFUL......correct?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Well of course any president is going to have notes to refer to for a speech, but as far as I can tell Obama is incapable of even using outline notes and ad-libbing in between AT ALL. He has to have everything to say read to him on a teleprompt. I don't think the guy ever had an original thought in his entire life. It's a free country, and that's what I believe.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If the POTUS is gonna need telepromters at every speech, i guess thats cool with me... I mean everything he does is scrutinized by everybody...
ATS included... Is it nesaccary to have a prompter in plain sight during a speech to middle school kids, probably not... At the U.N. i'm sure of it, addresses to the nation, hell why not...

I mean seriously everybody watches him like a hawk, Its America's favorite new reality/actuality series, Obama's presidencey, PRIME TIME, 24/7, whats he gonna do next and how can we spin it so he looks like an ass, or that he's not fit to be the POTUS. There is no school for learning how to be a president, and yes he is "just wing-in it..." they all have

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
For the digs at President Bush, for all his fumbles in speaking, at least with him he made a point of looking at the camera and when he spoke he gave the impression of talking to you an spoke with feeling.

Bwhahahahaha, spare me please... Please.

So let's see here

Obama - Reserved, getting to the point + substance in speech

Vs

Bush - Fumbling, pretending to care + no substance whatsoever

And Bush gets credit?

I'd rather have a president that gets to the point, emotions aside...than an emotional fumbling fool.

If it was a competition on who could post the best blog, yeah I guess you could go with Bush, LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

His speaking abilities have nothing to do with how he "runs the country."

This thread derails from the real issues we are facing as a country.

[edit on 1/25/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

Super, he's not suppose to be running the country, you know that, and IMHO it IS indicitive of the issues we're facing.
What is the challenge in speaking to or answering to a group of 6th graders?
The questions would be to difficult,? or do the words need to be so prepared and delivered with such measured power that theyre internalized without question?

Its important enough for him to be there delivering the speech, so he obviously feels its an important task, important enough to NOT be doing something.......USEFUL......correct?

You hit the nail on the head...he doesn't need to be speaking to 6th graders. It's a distraction that is working.

We are talking about a gosh darn teleprompter. A TELEPROMPTER!!!

what is wrong with this picture?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

This is really pathetic Johnny. Obama uses a teleprompter, many other presidents use teleprompters, and your going on about this? You would rather spend your time worrying about what the president uses to read off of and not give a damn about the fact this country was sold off to the corporations by the supreme court?

I mean, with the rightwing media telling you to worry about birth certificates, flag pins and teleprompters, who cares about the fact this country was sold to the highest bidder?

Ignorance has consumed this nation, but yes keep yourselves distracted by irrelevant issues.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

» Breaking Political News » Obama Uses Teleprompters When Giving Speech To 6th Graders

No insult intended...just honestly curious...Are you just a little dim witted or just dishonest?

Your link has a video that begins by zooming in across the heads of not 6th graders, but reporters....

Did you miss that?

And if that wasn't clear enough...The caption....on YOUR LINK...reads

White House: This morning the President and Secretary of Education Arne Duncan paid a visit to Graham Road Elementary School in Falls Church, Virginia. President Obama was addressing pool reporters.

So I have to ask....are you genuinely that dull witted? Did you not see that it was a pool of reporters in the video? Or did you not read the 3 line caption below it...in YOUR OWN LINK?

He was giving a speeche TO REPORTERS on the topic of EDUCATION....

Arne Duncan was also speaking...are you saying that they should be ridiculed for preparing a speech on education rather than winging it?

I suspect you are just so used to be being fed BS that you feel comfortable propagating it?

Maybe take another look at your own link and look at the begining of the video...

Maybe read the actual caption where it explains who he was speaking to....

Or just keep lieing...that is what I have come to expect folks of your given ideology...though I keep hoping for something different.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I understand that the White House is going to set up Obama with an ear piece instead of a teleprompter.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Annee

Yea it says we don't like them but still choose one. lol

I'd say it is more that we have been mass conditioned to believe certain ways - - like who ever is the "people's choice by vote" - - is in charge.

Presidential decisions are "group thought" - - no one person runs this country.

Figureheads are important - - so you have a single focus to blame.

Look at all the little peons enjoying themselves throwing darts at Obama. When the real power is invisible.

I don't waste my time and/or energy on parlor games.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
When you look at his teleprompter antics as a joke because it is at a classroom and shouldn't be taken seriously then perhaps you are missing the point.

Obama is an actor and the venue is his stage. He is not looking at the crowd, for they are just background.

Funny when it is 6th graders he is doing this to but not so funny when it is

- concerned citizens at a town hall meeting.

- soldiers at a military base

- sick people in a hospital

When you take this example and extrapolate his disdain for people into these other situations though, it goes from humorous to sad.

Sad that this is acceptable to people.

A puppet president looking through you, his strings clearly visible...

only these strings are not above him....

they are just out of frame camera-left and camera-right.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

what is wrong with this picture?

That is the game I play whenever I am watch magicians on TV.

Magicians use extravagant hand movements and narrow spotlights for a reason.

When they are dramatically waving one hand in the air and the light pans over to it...always look what the other hand is doing.

The Supreme court rolls back campaign finance laws by easily a half-century and we are treated to some BS about teleprompters....with the first posted response by G-Idiot race baiting calling Obama the finest example of Affirmative Action ever...

They wave that hand over in the air over their....getting the public off topic....While the other hand quickly shoves democracy in the back pocket.

And the dim witted among us stare blankly and say "oooo did you see that dove fly out of his hand!!!"

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

or do the words need to be so prepared and delivered with such measured power that theyre internalized without question?

This is exactly their problem, they wont let him look human, they are over protective and he never gets to show his human side,

He is not god,

They might have took notice of the way Bush was treated for his gaffs.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

This is also from the whitehouse.gov website.

This morning the President and Secretary of Education Arne Duncan paid a visit to Graham Road Elementary School in Falls Church, Virginia where they had a chat with about 30 6th grade students. The conversation put a face to the people they were trying to help with the President's latest investment of more than a billion dollars in next year's budget to amp up the President’s "Race to the Top" program

dyn.politico.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing... I haven't laughed that hard at a video in weeks. After I was done laughing it kind was creepy to me out that politics is really that much of a machine these days. It makes me question whether Obama uses some sort of high tech earpiece in his more impromptu speaking events.

In good time, all that technology will be invisible, and what well be left with is your ideal snake oil salesman pitch for every single politician. And maybe that will be a good thing because even those of us who are idiots when speaking (possibly like Obama) will have a level playing field.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OldManReilly

" Its very embarrassing when they constantly give the impression that our President is just a glorified teleprompter reader. "

Its very embarrassing that the ursurper in chief is just a glorified teleprompter reader.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well we have continually been told how eloquent and intelligent he is, they ought to let him show it,

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I really don't see what the fuss is about. President Bush used teleprompters as did presidents before him. Before teleprompters, they all probably used cards or sheets of paper.

I really don't blame him for using teleprompters for everything. One simple mistake in what he says becomes the Fox News and radio talking heads big issue of the day. You better believe Fox News and the radios shows have someone go over every single thing Obama says publicly to see if they can attack him on something.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join