It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Uses Teleprompters When Giving Speech To 6th Graders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Personally I find this to be quite hilarious. When you see the wide angle, you can see that the direction the President is looking in as he looks back and forth to the teleprompters is basically at the classroom's side walls. Pretty darn amusing to me that he can't even go 'off the cuff' to a classroom of kids. I wonder if he has a teleprompter at the dinner table when its just him, Michelle, and the kids.

Video Link

[edit on 25-1-2010 by johnny2127]

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This guy is a joke and a laughing stock.Affirmative action at it's finest.
I wish they would have shown the kids,it would have looked like one of those insurance commercials

Would you like a president?
You didn't say I could have a real one.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

That is hilarious! "You didn't say I could have a real one!" lol.....

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yes he uses one for dinner as well.
www.theonion.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It seems like many of the people at the White House have such arrogance that they do not consider the image they are conveying with this sort of thing. Its very embarrassing when they constantly give the impression that our President is just a glorified teleprompter reader.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In all honesty when i saw the thread title I actually said " aw no, shut up", in disbelief. Viewing the video, only made me afraid.
This is it? THIS is the best we have? This is the intelligence, the preparedness, the understanding and competence?
This sickens me. NO AMOUNT of justification can make this right.
"Linus with his blanket" so unsure of the moment spent with 11 and 12 year olds?, or
"The great and powerful Oz" surely establishing his authority?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Wasnt this what happened the last time his teleprompter went off and he started speaking from the heart??

(Warning - Profanity in video)

I can see why he needs a teleprompter, would not want the truth coming out.

Seriously though, an adult who cannot speak to kids is hard to understand but a president who needs an teleprompter with kids?

PS the onion news link was ace.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
"Would you like a president?
You didn't say I could have a real one. "

LOL!
Beautiful.

The One looks like he's watching a tennis match there. The kids should ask if they can have a "cheat sheet" too next time they have to do a presentation.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Funny video though obviously fake. Pretty funny none the less. But your point is valid. I can just imagine the kids sitting there saying 'What is he looking at? Why does he keep look through those pieces of glass at the walls of the classroom?'

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

"Sending it alone to low level diplomatic meetings", dear gawd! why does this seem possible? Good one!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If this is the "best and brightest" the Democrats have...
Be afraid... Be very afraid.

But on the bright side, it proves he can read...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here is Obama when his teleprompter went out during a town hall. Sounds like the Democrat version of Bush

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
White House Bid Specs for Video Teleprompter Glasses

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d691958ac84f.jpg[/atsimg]

This is good for a laugh.

www.teleprompterpresident.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
tbh..whats your problem with teleprompters?

im sure you would learn all your speeches

he have to make alot of speeches so who cares if he use a hand written lil paper or a prompter?

just my 2 cent

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Anyone else notice how when the teleprompter goes out, he blames his short coming on the person in the audience? That is actually pretty slick, and shows he can think on the spot somewhat. However, it also belies his deceptive nature.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
tbh..whats your problem with teleprompters?

im sure you would learn all your speeches

he have to make alot of speeches so who cares if he use a hand written lil paper or a prompter?

just my 2 cent

The issue is he uses teleprompters for just about everything. And without them he falters badly. Its like he is reading a script and without it, he forgets what he really thinks. He always is spoken of as this amazing communicator and speech giver, but its all fake. Someone else writes the speech and he performs it. Go watch that video above when his teleprompter went out mid speech and he turns into Bush instantly

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I swear the Obama bashing never ends. If the worst he can do is read from teleprompter to a bunch of kids, then I'm fine with him. At least he wasn't sitting there listening to them read while NYC burned!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

well..did you ever prepare yourself for a speech with a big audience?

i wich i had teleprompters when i did....

teleprompters dont mean its not his speech...for me it just means...he wont forget importnat words..he maybe would forget without

sorry for my bad english...im krautish

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Obama is a well spoken, poised and confident individual... you really can't say much about his presence & competence, so you joke about the teleprompter.

Bush had a teleprompter and still made an ass of himself.

Obama gaffe: "I think I've been to about.. eh, 57 states"

Bush Gaffe: "I believe human beings and fish can coexist peacefully"

Bush Gaffe: "In my state of.. erm.. my state of the union, or state.. my speech to the.... nation.. or whatever you want to call it, my speech to the nation."

Get the drift?

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Q2IN2Y]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The great communicator, Harvard Scholar and constitutional expert should be able to give an off the cuff speech to Sixth Graders and at the very least he should be able to handle himself when his prompters take a dump on him.

Obama's words are carefully provided to him by his team of speech writers. Which is common, however, his knowledge should be sufficient enough to perform without the prompters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join