It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Uses Teleprompters When Giving Speech To 6th Graders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This guy is such an embarassment to the USA and what made us who we are. No surpise at all for me.... this guy can't even talk to children without being told what to say. He is a puppet.....lol

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I'm not sure if MLK used a teleprompter. It is vary likely that he could have used notes or he could have memorized many of his speeches. What I was implying was that MLK had the time available to do so. Another thing to consider is that MLK's speeches were pretty much on the same topic.

No matter how we look at it, any president is going to need some form of notes during their speeches. They have to speak on a variety of different issues as well as the emergency ones that just pop up (such as Haiti).

Regardless, people will find something to make fun of the president about.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Actually Obama writes most of his speeches. His speeche writers will be the first to tell you they only do a small portion of it.

Really? teleprompters, this is what you have to worry about?

That is what I find quite sad.

Reallly sad.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
[edit on 25-1-2010 by Styki]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If Obama made just ONE misstep in his speech - - he would be crucified.

Let's face it -- he is crucified for breathing.

Speeches are carefully written for a reason. He can't just "wing it" - - not even to a 6th grade class.

Reality is what it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Which reminds me of another point. I am sure Obama is perfectly capable of winging many of his speeches.

I am sure that he is also aware that during this period in time every word spoken is going to be dissected and analyzed by everybody. If he says something that could be taken in any wrong direction the people over at FOX news would be calling him out before the speech was over.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Speeches are carefully written for a reason. He can't just "wing it" - - not even to a 6th grade class.

Reality is what it is.

Painful to watch isn't it?

Because that is exactly what people do to every politician.

[edit on 013131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Personally I find this to be quite hilarious. When you see the wide angle, you can see that the direction the President is looking in as he looks back and forth to the teleprompters is basically at the classroom's side walls. Pretty darn amusing to me that he can't even go 'off the cuff' to a classroom of kids. I wonder if he has a teleprompter at the dinner table when its just him, Michelle, and the kids.

Video Link

[edit on 25-1-2010 by johnny2127]

Yeah that is bad. But it could be worse... he could have to have a transmitter strapped to his back so his staff can whisper answers in his ear.

www.washingtonmonthly.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You know it comes with the territory, you put yourself out there and you are under the microscope,

I wouldn't want that position,

YOu have to take the good with the bad, pay the piper.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
This guy is a joke and a laughing stock.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

And Bush wasn't?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by genius/idoit
This guy is a joke and a laughing stock.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

And Bush wasn't?

www.youtube.com...

It is so fricken funny, you cannot make this stuff up.

As i SEE IT IS THE LIBERALS, WHAT EVER THAT MEANS, DON'T HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.

sorry caps

[edit on 013131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The Obama/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Regan/Carter/Ford/Nixon comparative references are useless, it would be just like me naming my turds floating around pre flush, theyre all in the same bowl, none really that different from each other. They all work(ed) for the same people (none here).
Topic= teleprompter=script=no free range thinking allowed, (aloud).

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
reply to post by johnny2127

well..did you ever prepare yourself for a speech with a big audience?

i wich i had teleprompters when i did....

teleprompters dont mean its not his speech...for me it just means...he wont forget importnat words..he maybe would forget without

sorry for my bad english...im krautish

Yes I have actually. Oh and a big audience isn't a 6th grade classroom. Which is the point. He can't even not use telepromters when talking to 6th graders!!!

[edit on 25-1-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

And that is why we now use teleprompters.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by Annee

Which reminds me of another point. I am sure Obama is perfectly capable of winging many of his speeches.

I am sure that he is also aware that during this period in time every word spoken is going to be dissected and analyzed by everybody. If he says something that could be taken in any wrong direction the people over at FOX news would be calling him out before the speech was over.

Oh absolutely! Obama is really quite eloquent - but seems to have a sense of humor that sometimes is taken wrong.

This is the information age - - this is not your grampa's politics. Every "eye twitch" is repeatedly scrutinized.

NO top level politician can just "wing it" anymore.

These ridiculous hysterics annoy me.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This thread is nothing but clown shoes.

Yes, he used a prompter, probably would have been better to use notes in this case...but does it matter? Does it matter that he was speaking to kids or adults? Each speech a president gives has a very specific purpose. He must convey certain things each time so he uses a prompter. What is the big deal?

"he can't even speak to 6th graders without help" boo hoo...

we all know he is a figure head. FIGURE HEAD. His speaking abilities have nothing to do with how he "runs the country."

This thread derails from the real issues we are facing as a country.

but by all means...lets sit back and argue whether or not our president should use a prompter...

we can just let the recent supreme court ruling fall by the wayside and lose all representation...

but by god, our president will not use a damn prompter.

[edit on 1/25/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Annee

Reality is what it is.

Painful to watch isn't it?

Because that is exactly what people do to every politician.

Yes! I'd make the same statement for any Top Level Politician.

Sadly - this subject says more about people - then it does about Obama.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Why is he even making speeches to school children? Too many speeches dude, not enough management of the disaster in progress.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

it would be just like me naming my turds floating around pre flush,

You mean you don't?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the laugh. I wonder, does his teleprompter have little highlights saying " Nod here." "make pointing gesture with finger, now- DO NOT USE MIDDLE FINGER" "smile here".
For the digs at President Bush, for all his fumbles in speaking, at least with him he made a point of looking at the camera and when he spoke he gave the impression of talking to you an spoke with feeling.
With obama when he speaks, there's nothing there, no emotion, nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join