It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Uses Teleprompters When Giving Speech To 6th Graders

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Identified, it did not need it, look below your post however and see how identified it is to some. No witch hunt from me, just actuality. Please read my post again. Thanks for your help, however.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Thanks maybereal, hopefully everyone else will do the same and take note.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Get over it..... This is a non issue.

I agree. Next we'll be hearing about how he uses Northern instead of Charmin... How arrogant!

Why should he treat a speech to 6th graders any different than any other speech? I don't get it.

I see it's been debunked, but the "discussion" wages on...

Obama didn't use teleprompter

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Maybe he just didn't want to be outsmarted by a 6th grader.
At which grade level will he go impromptu vs telepromptu?

I'm sorry but there something to be said about this and people are taking note.
How can he appear sincere if he always stays scripted and never speaks off the cuff?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not an Obama supporter, but it's not due to something as silly as this.

People, if you want to criticize Obama, there are plenty of legitimate issues to discuss without acting like the DNC and The Daily Koss. I know they conducted themselves horribly during and after their campaign, but lowering yourselves to their level just makes you the same as they are.

If they lie, you tell the truth.

If they slander and defame, you tell the truth.

To those foolish enough to belong to a Party, I'm just as critical of the Republicans as I am of the Democrats. Two sides of the same coin. Wake up and become independent of both Parties, so you can clear your mind of Party Propaganda.

Every time you spread this kind of nonsense, you give them power over you, which is what they want.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I don't get it... You guys act like he is the only person in the world ever to use a teleprompter....? Do you guys realize just how many people use those things? How many politicians? How many news casters?

More than one, I will tell you that...

Get over it..... This is a non issue.

It is an issue.
Have you ever seen Obama try to speak without his crutch/teleprompter?
He sounds like a clown on drugs.
Bill Clinton was able to give a state of the union address with
the wrong speech loaded into the teleprompter.

He just used the notes he had on a piece of paper.
Bring back Bill Clinton.

Clearly, Obama is in way over his head.
The only thing he does well is play golf.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
At one time it was note cards cleverly hidden behind a podium. Now it's teleprompters...BFD! So what if he uses a teleprompter? Can anyone in here honestly say that they haven't used similar methods to deliver a speech? If you can say that you have not used these types of tools, well....I imagine that you ain't much of a speech giver.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I don't think Martln L King used teleprompters did he? For his famous "been to the mountain top" speech, did he even use one then?

I agree w/ the poster who said Obama was not ready for this and I don't think he would have ever been ready, he doesn't have the common sense and charisma, just some hot air that was rehearsed to him.

I hope our country comes up with someone solid for the next election.

Good call. MLK did NOT use a teleprompter. JFK gave many stirring speeches, without a teleprompter. Abe Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg address on the back of an envelope on the train over there, and then delivered probably the greatest speech ever.

All you Obabmabots are just saying, "stop picking on him! Everyone uses teleprompters these days."

Bush was simply too dumb to even use the teleprompter.

BUT, Obama's main qualification is as a great public speaker. However, he is just reading the lines, ergo, he is a lousy public speaker. So WTF IS he good at?

He is a mere puppet, doing what he's told. And that means screwing over ME AND YOU!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Using a teleprompter is NO DIFFERENT from using a piece of paper with a speech written on it or a bunch of note cards ..

GET OVER IT !!!!!

Anti-Obama sheep are so ...

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

And George W Bush didn't?

I've read a couple of Obama's books and at least he sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaay more intellegent and well spoken than the last ninkompoop we had in office.

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"Boy, they were big on crematoriums, weren't they?" George W Bush, after touring the Auschwitz death camp, Chicago Sun-Times, 29th January 1992

"Please...don't kill me!" George W Bush mocking what Karla Faye Tucker said when asked, just before her execution, 'What would you say to Governor Bush?' Talk, September 1999

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." George W Bush, CNN, 18th December 2000

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas." George W Bush, Beaverton, Oregon, 25th September 2000

"Will the highways on the internet become more few?" George W Bush, Concord, New Hampshire, 29th January 2000

[edit on 25-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So?

What would you tell a group of 6th Graders if you were the President of the US?

Can't please everyone, and some pedantic black kettles (such as yourself), can never be pleased regardless who's in office.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

The Obama sheep are embarrassed to admit that Obama is an
empty suit. He shouldn't be in the White House. Give Joe Biden
a chance. If Obama resigns he could play golf everyday!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
Using a teleprompter is NO DIFFERENT from using a piece of paper with a speech written on it or a bunch of note cards ..

GET OVER IT !!!!!

Anti-Obama sheep are so ...

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

No kidding! Oh, and what about power point? Nobody EVER uses power point, right?
Folks, let me tell ya something, Obama is a F'ing busy man. If he memorized all his speeches, then you anti-Obamites would criticize him for NOT using a teleprompter....I can hear it now..."Oh, that Obama...wastes valuable time memorizing meaningless speeches, when he should be focusing on more important issues"

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's not the fact that he is using teleprompters. Simply the fact that he uses them constantly regardless of setting or topic.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Apparently facts are irrelevant here. People talk about Obama supporters being sheep, but it seems his detractors are no better. Despite the fact that at least two separate posts here have shown that Obama didn't use a prompter with the kids, still the attacks commence.

Seriously people. If you want others to respect your point of view, you should keep up on things like reading comprehension and facts.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
I swear the Obama bashing never ends. If the worst he can do is read from teleprompter to a bunch of kids, then I'm fine with him. At least he wasn't sitting there listening to them read while NYC burned!!!

It's obvious by looking at him he had no idea of the name of the person next to him, what the school was called, or what spin he was supposed to apply while praising the school.. he's clueless.

Is he a sharp guy on top of things, aware of his surroundings and what he's doing?, you know.. COMPETENT.

Or just another low budget b-movie actor that, after extensive hair & make-up, goes on tour performing the "obama road show 2010" by reading what he's told and following the script? which is all ok until his writers hand him the "War with Iran" episode.

Why have him talk at all?, berry milli vanilli obama can just lip sink his pre-recorded lyrics, er speeches... to make sure el jefe is sounding off with manly authoritah! scary & bass enough to kill Ahmadinejads sperm.

Doesn't it bother you in the least these people are as phony as low budget movies actors? If your house was on fire, how happy would you be if dean kane in a superman suit, eric roberts on shrooms, and fire capt. Screech from saved by the bell were the firemen?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
I wonder if he has a teleprompter at the dinner table when its just him, Michelle, and the kids.

I heard he does

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
this is in no way an endorsement for obama.

with that said, if your job is to run a country that is in the toilet, do you really have time to remember every speech you give? i would be more worried if he had time to memorize every single speech he gived.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It is comical reading these threads because it really just goes to prove the statistics concerning the US population and the lack of reading and the resulting level of ignorance. It is overtly obvious as well as self explanatory as to why such ignorance prevails here in the US of A , of which a demographic subset of the US population is represented here on ATS.

Here are the statistics:

1/3 of high school graduates never read another book for the rest of their lives.

42 percent of college graduates never read another book after college.

80 percent of U.S. families did not buy or read a book last year.

70 percent of U.S. adults have not been in a bookstore in the last five years.

57 percent of new books are not read to completion.
70 percent of books published do not earn back their advance.
70 percent of the books published do not make a profit.

(Source: Jerold Jenkins, www.JenkinsGroupInc.com)

These same individuals have the audacity to laugh at someone who has accomplished a JD in Law degree from Harvard University with honors for using an audio visual tool called a teleprompter or the autocue ?

A tool used in television daily , by every television personality on the major television networks and TV in general ?

Ignorance is indeed Bliss !

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

And what is wrong with a teleprompter? I use them my self when I give a lecture. Its simpler then using 8"x 10" cards. It keeps you focused and on point. Any one covered by the conventional media knows they will look for sound bites. Its best to structure your presentation in to verifiable, understood "speech packets". Off the cuff comments are both important for what they address that you did not anticipate, but it has a down side.

For example, not long ago I spoke to five LARGE groups of people at the government, university, and corporate level over a 24 hour period. When I get called on something I say, it's nice to be able to look it up... I don't speek to young kids. But I would use the same technique if I did. (needless to say, I don't teach English or spelling)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join