It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Uses Teleprompters When Giving Speech To 6th Graders

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

No, the people who start changing their minds are the ones who were following the sensationalism. The ones who understand the challenges and think about them from a rational point of view realize that Obama is doing the best that he can.

The night Obama won the election he basically said the easy part was done. He stated that the difficult part was yet to come. That was a warning from him to the people. He knew what challenges this country would have to face and he knew that the problems would take time to fix.

So with all do respect, no. People are not waking up to see who Obama truly is. People are waking up and listening to the morning news talk about how our country didn't get fixed overnight.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say, but everyone trying to throw pot shots at Obama right now for this teleprompter bull# are starting to look like complete asses.

I mean seriously, your grasping at straws to attack the guy, baseless claims not even grounded in reality.

Smarten up people, the control of the United States does not lie in a two tiered political system, and if you believe so, than you have fallen into the illusion.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Whoever is filling up the teleprompter is running the country.
Obama is just along for the ride.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Take 6 minutes and watch the full video in context:

www.youtube.com...

I watched the full video and made the following notes.

1. There are number of actions we can take enhance our competitiveness, but few will make as much a difference as improving our education. Offering children an education is a fundamental obligation of our country. Countries that out-educate us today will out-compete with us tomorrow.

2. Continuing the way we do things is not serving us.

3. The "Race To The Top" competition will change the way we offer grants to schools. Rather than handing this money to schools, these schools must compete for that money.

4. There are 48 different states that have participated in setting the criteria for this competition: States must adopt more challenging standards in education; must adopt better assessments of student; must evaluate teachers; must track progress of students across multiple grades; must turn around low-performing schools.

5. The result of this program will raise the bar for all students, especially for black and latino students, to make sure that all students have a fair-shot at their dreams by achieving a good education.

You should watch the video, and then we will have something more substantive to discuss. Everyone in this thread who is giggling over this is just being ignorant. It was a complicated speech, summarized nicely. It was important to have a teleprompter in place to deliver this message accurately.

Edit: (This thread should be moved to Political Madness -- I'm not sure why I waste my time here -- I think a few people will get what I am saying, but not that many, unfortunately.)

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Axial Leader]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by tac109

The night Obama won the election he basically said the easy part was done. He stated that the difficult part was yet to come. That was a warning from him to the people. He knew what challenges this country would have to face and he knew that the problems would take time to fix.

So with all do respect, no. People are not waking up to see who Obama truly is. People are waking up and listening to the morning news talk about how our country didn't get fixed overnight.

I get what you are saying, BUT, how can he expect to fix the country if he so fixed on the game of basketball?

* January 23, 2010 Obamas head out to watch daughter play basketball

* January 24, 2010 Obama plays basketball with Malia, Sasha

* January 25, 2010 Aging basketball dunker Obama meets L.A. Lakers, celebrates Chicago Bulls

Maybe that's why he uses the prompter. he has no time to write his own speeches because he is too busy with basketball.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What's the difference between Bush and Obama?

Obama can read teleprompters, Bush can't.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Thanks for posting your interesting video, johnny2127.

I am no Obama fan.....

In fact, I'm quite the opposite......I think he's a shocker.

However in this video, where is the evidence he's reading from a teleprompter?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Anyone here want to get up and make speeches. Say for twenty minutes on your expert subject off the cuff? Perhaps the OP will take a stab at it. I've been behind a Mike for most of my life, but the most offputting thing is to stand behind one and make a speech, i've done that too, but I had it written in front of me, just in case I missed something I thought was important. This has to be one the most crass, blatantly political threads I have seen on ATS and yet the stars were flying..and you can't take them back even if you want to. There are other issues, there is one poster here, and in this thread, who's profile I cannot access and who has in other threads declared as to any means to deride the encumbent US president, which also means all that members posts cannot be accessed by me, that should not be so. All members posts in total should be accessible to everyone.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
..... there is one poster here who's profile I cannot access and who has declared as to any means to deride the encumbent US president, which also means all that members posts cannot be accessed by me, that should not be so. All members posts in total should be accesible to everyone.

G'day smurfy

That seems as if there is some sort of technical problem occuring.

Why don't you take that up with the mods?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
I swear the Obama bashing never ends. If the worst he can do is read from teleprompter to a bunch of kids, then I'm fine with him. At least he wasn't sitting there listening to them read while NYC burned!!!

Listen up.....President Bush was TOLD to remain seated in that classroom until they got his security detail and motorcade in place.

The schedule is absolute and when something or some event like 9-11 transpires, it takes a few minutes to get everything edited on back on track.

You're welcome.....know you wouldn't want to tell nasty tales about Prez. Bush if they weren't true, huh? [/s]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes I ran into the same problem...it derives from that particular poster having a name that has a backslash in the middle.

This works..
First click on the "posts" or whatever button to see his posts..
you get an error message..

Second go to the actual url in the browser and replace "%2F" with a backslash (/) and hit refresh.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Anyone here want to get up and make speeches. Say for twenty minutes on your expert subject off the cuff? Perhaps the OP will take a stab at it. I've been behind a Mike for most of my life, but the most offputting thing is to stand behind one and make a speech, i've done that too, but I had it written in front of me, just in case I missed something I thought was important. This has to be one the most crass, blatantly political threads I have seen on ATS and yet the stars were flying..and you can't take them back even if you want to. There are other issues, there is one poster here, and in this thread, who's profile I cannot access and who has in other threads declared as to any means to deride the encumbent US president, which also means all that members posts cannot be accessed by me, that should not be so. All members posts in total should be accessible to everyone.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by smurfy]

if you think this thread is crass, you obviously weren't on ATS during the Bush years. People on ATS still want the man dead and will go to great detail explaining just how they will do it. Crass indeed.

The flaw in this thread has been identified. No need for a witch hunt. You can always use your ignore button if someone pisses you off enough.

For what it's worth, this speech was made after he met with the 6th graders and it was only 5 minutes long.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Thank for posting this! Been out looking for work all day and needed something to make me laugh. There are threads on ATS that occasionally make me chuckle but this one made me laugh out loud.

This gent keeps getting more absurd every day. He is without a doubt the most scripted person I have ever seen. What that tells me is that despite his public display he is an extremely unconfident and unsure of himself. He's a fake, knows he's a fake and now is becomming a joke. Oh well, we could all use a laugh.

I can see him at the dinner table. Michelle and the two daughters at one end of the table, White House stewards bring out the chow and BO at the other end of the table with two teleprompters.

s & f

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Listen up.....President Bush was TOLD to remain seated in that classroom until they got his security detail and motorcade in place.

Just curious.

How do you know what Bush was TOLD?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi Maybe, if it is technical, it is very singular from the basis that noone else seems to have the same problem, but then I haven't mentioned a name and don't propose to do so. This might help however, there was a thread called "Is this a typical Obama supporter" started by the person of which I speak, which just disappeared. That thread was also crap and untasteful. Can you resurrect it for me?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
At least he wasn't reading The Pet Goat to those kids.

That would have been scary.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't get it... You guys act like he is the only person in the world ever to use a teleprompter....? Do you guys realize just how many people use those things? How many politicians? How many news casters?

More than one, I will tell you that...

Get over it..... This is a non issue.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi Maybe, if it is technical, it is very singular from the basis that noone else seems to have the same problem, but then I haven't mentioned a name and don't propose to do so. This might help however, there was a thread called "Is this a typical Obama supporter" started by the person of which I speak, which just disappeared. That thread was also crap and untasteful. Can you resurrect it for me?

G'day smurfy

I can't find that thread.

If the thread was really in bad taste, could it have been consigned to "Dimension 404"?

Or alternatively, could the op have asked the mods to change the name of the thread?

That's all I can really think of.

Perhaps some more experienced members or mods can help you more with this.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Get over it..... This is a non issue.

I would agree, if the words being fed to the teleprompters were his own that he had personally written.

These events where he uses a teleprompter (like other presidents have) simply prove that the president really is a puppet.

Who are the puppeteers?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You notice they’ve got a secret service agent backing up Obama.

Probably for good reasons though. As I recall very little was considered sacred in the 6th grade.

You can never be too careful, why some kids in this classroom could be be packing straws and just itching to open up on the president with some soggy spit wads.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by seasoul]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join