It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Human Species Have Become A Virus *Graphic Images*

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightWish
We humans are the only species that kills outside of our survival instinct. Other species kill in order to survive... They kill to eat or they kill in order not to be killed themselves. Some (sick) humans kill for pleasure, they kill for religion and believes, they kill as a sport and even congrat each other when they are good at it (hunters).
Humans are the most cruel species on the face of this planet.

I guess you've never owned a cat then.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Yes I do, I have a cat for about 10 years now... Still not as crual as a human being.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Is the recycling of metals, paper, plastic, and glass going to stop humans from seeking power, and control over other humans? How many children do you have? Are you going to fall on your sword first, so you can set a good example? Do you ever fly in an airplane, ride in a car, or sleep in a house? Or maybe you don't drink filtered water, or use any electricity. The reality that humans are just now learning to use renewable, natural energy systems, only points out the fact that humans do not plan very far into the future. The same way that your knowledge does not include anything about the past. Humans are far from being organized enough to stop their own self destructive nature. I am afraid that the "cycle of civilizations" theory (or fact) is still in action. Be the change you wish to see.
ergonomic531

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I happen to agree that genus homo is an "infection" of Earth. That does not make us malicious.

Every organism is guided innately by survival. Some kill to eliminate competition, some for food, some for varying measures of each.

To the extent men kill men you must be extremely satisfied, regardless of motivations.

Read "The Naked Ape" or audit an 'Anthropology 101' course.

Mankind is no more destructive of his environment than his environment will allow. Same is true for ants and polar bears.

This thread is nothing more than a vent for frustration at your lack of control. You can do your part right now to eliminate "man's" impact. Take control. Are you ready or are you a troll?

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This is so so true. if you also have a look at the movie AVATAR, there is such a good example of what we really are. Pests, bullies, destroying everything in our way for economic gain.. We are actually pathetic as a "intelligent species"! we will never reign supreme the way we are going!
if i were an advanced civilisation, and looked at what goes on here, i would not get involved with us! the idea derived from "the day the earth stood still", and "Avatar" is true, we suck as a species. we kill everything !

[edit on 24-1-2010 by GerhardSA]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GerhardSA
This is so so true. if you also have a look at the movie AVATAR, there is such a good example of what we really are. Pests, bullies, destroying everything in our way for economic gain.. We are actually pathetic as a "intelligent species"! we will never reign supreme the way we are going!
if i were an advanced civilisation, and looked at what goes on here, i would not get involved with us! the idea derived from "the day the earth stood still", and "Avatar" is true, we suck as a species. we kill everything !

Says the guy on the internet, consuming power, fuel, food, and a thousand other things that impact the Earth in an unnatural way. Yet another environmentalist hypocrite ...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Nope. Anatomical humans have existed for longer than our own species. While 200,000 years ago our form, as you see today, evolved, we as a species evolved much later down the line. Our species is only 50,000 years old. 50,000 years ago our species, which had already existed in this form for 150,000 years, evolved not externally, but internally. Our species was cast to the forced of nature, and we had to change our ways to survive. The problem? Those ways are not fit for the modern world. Modern humans, our species, evolved 50,000 years ago. And since then, we have been growing exponentially. It took 20,000 years for the first formal cultures to form, 10,000 more from that for the first villages. Then we were delayed for 10,000 years from the ice age, but we got back to it after.

So actually, it is our nature to be this way. We can only hope to find world with resources to feed us and eventually direct data imports tot he brain will allow common sense for all.

Got any sources to prove these notions?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamoverrated
Hi,
According to theses sources:

1.) Environment, Land use / Resources, Economy, Population / Demographics, Infrastructure, Health -- CIA World Factbook, 2005

2.) Forest Cover, Forest types, Breakdown of forest types, Change in Forest Cover, Primary forests, Forest designation, Disturbances affecting forest land, Value of forests, Production, trade and consumption of forest products -- The FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS's Global Forest Resources Assessment (2005) and the State of the World’s Forests (2005, 2003, 2001)

3.) Protected Areas, Plant and animal biodiversity -- United Nations Environment Programme - World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC). 2004. World Database on Protected Areas.

4.) Biosphere reservers -- United Nations Education, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) - Man and Biosphere Program. 2004. UNESCO - MAB Biosphere Reserves Directory

5.) RAMSAR sites -- The Bureau of the Convention on Wetlands . 2005. The Ramsar List of Wetlands of International Importance.

between 1990 and 2000, the US has gained an average of 364,600 hectares of forest per year. We've made major strides since the 1930's with programs such as the Civilian Conservation Corps tree planting program and Soil Bank Program in regards to reforestation. I believe I even saw a chart pointing out that we currently have more forest and a higher tree population today than we did back in the 1950's. I hate to crush all the environmentalist propaganda going around concerning deforestation in America, but the rhetoric they're spewing simply isn't true.

Also, whats wrong with deer hunting? Whats wrong with eating animals? Without consuming protein we wouldn't even be having this discussion, as it lead to higher brain function development. Without protein we'd all simply be monkey's / apes / chimps / etc. picking fruit from the trees. But then again, given your stance, I suppose that would make for a perfect world, wouldn't it? No people whatsoever.

Thanks,
- iamoverrated -

[edit on 24-1-2010 by iamoverrated]

I've heard this argument far too many times from "tough-guy" anti-environmentalists thinking they've disproven the entire environmentalist movement (which is not one thing, it's multifaceted and includes all walks of life/politics). Not saying you're necessarily anti-environmentalist...

Even if such an argument were true, however, it's a good example of quantity over quality. It's well known to scientists/environmentalists that simply replanting a few trees still does not completely save or even redeem an ecosystem from being destroyed and altered. Trees are but one part of a complex ecosystem, imbalancing an ecosystem can have quite detrimental/long-lasting effects to the natural order/cycles of a region. So, once again, replanting trees doesn't necessarily fix that (but it's definitely a good/necessary start).

It seems the reality is that there were quite a number MORE trees in this country when settlers landed here (and natives actually lived here). Some figures say we only have 60% of the original amount. When intensive settling and logging took root (no pun intended), entire forests were stripped for hundreds of miles from east to the Mississippi River. Only until the early part of the 20th century (as you've said) did we even do anything about it. Essentially doing what we do best and waiting till the last environmental minute to self-correct. Perhaps we have more total trees now than we did in the 1930's, I'm not entirely sure, though in some areas we do have less. However, many of our trees have been planted in the plains regions (which didn't normally have as much tree cover) with the East coast still lacking original levels. Development has spread far and thick across this country. Many trees existing now are small and/or saplings, old growth forests have been decimated and fauna chased off (only to return in trickles recently).

Anyway, here are a few links to relevant facts on the matter:

www.gsfc.nasa.gov...

www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

www.madsci.org...

forestry.about.com...

To conclude, it was only recognition of how much we destroy the planet and a rapid-response correction that brought tree levels back (and in a semi-sloppy way) from the brink. I am quite glad those conservation/environmental programs were put in place, but we have quite a long way to go before we see substantially eco-friendly lifestyles amongst most humans (especially in the first-world).

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
People virus......that is like right out of the matrix lol!
I don't think that people are a virus, because even if we do harm the environment, we try to help it as well. A virus wouldn't do that-it would be like betrayal...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ergonomic 531

Is the recycling of metals, paper, plastic, and glass going to stop humans from seeking power, and control over other humans? How many children do you have? Are you going to fall on your sword first, so you can set a good example? Do you ever fly in an airplane, ride in a car, or sleep in a house? Or maybe you don't drink filtered water, or use any electricity. The reality that humans are just now learning to use renewable, natural energy systems, only points out the fact that humans do not plan very far into the future. The same way that your knowledge does not include anything about the past. Humans are far from being organized enough to stop their own self destructive nature. I am afraid that the "cycle of civilizations" theory (or fact) is still in action. Be the change you wish to see.
ergonomic531

Nice post! Though recycling isn't going to stop humans seeking power and control, ofcourse not, nobody ever claimed it would. That doesn't mean its a pointless exercise.
I believe we can stop the cycle of our destructive nature, we just need to realise in some form or other, we can make a difference, all it requires is a change of our attitude, we need to stop wanting so much every peice of material junk being thrown our way, and start appreciating and paying attention to whats really important in life, and what is for the most part, freely given.

Be the change you wish to see

I coudn't agree more with that statement!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've seen the movie avatar too, and we humans as a whole, are a scourge on the face of the planet.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

It would have been wonderful if you wouldn't have needed to see a movie to realise drastic consequences of many actions of human beings. Instead your personal interaction with the environment, wild life would have made you realise that. Nonetheless, better late than never

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think your confusing humans with the NWO sub humans. I haven't caused life for to become extinct, have you? But in any case, nature will take care of itself. If the karmic needs of a spirit require a particular life for then it will be provided. If it isn't currently needed it will become extinct.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

To the OP.
If you think that humans are a virus I have to inform you that humans have suffered already enough even from the first day they set foot on this earth.
They are in pain when giving birth, they are very fragile at their first stages of growth both physically and psychologically, they have to be in pain even when they die and their short life span roughly 75 to 85 years is not enough for them to do everything they set their imagination on. They live in a very fragile and unforgiving environment which might change radically suddenly not being able to support their living conditions, think of asteroids, solar flares, nearby supernovas and other cosmic phenomena. If we are still here it is only a miracle and through the auspices of a divine grace which might actually see us in a very different light than you do.

I say we already suffer enough.
Also i don't think that BS movie Avatar did any major good since we keep seeing such threads, at least not to the majority of its viewers but only to the one who was responsible for its making which btw should be laughing right now all his way to the bank.
Keep making threads, he keeps making money.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
We can use electricty without destroying the planet. Solar power, wind, even water. Two trash can sized vertical windmills can fuel a modern day computer and a couple lamps.
[edit on 1/23/10 by ohsnaptruth]

Solar absorbs energy that would have nourished the soil. Also, semiconductor fab requires toxic chemicals. Wind power absorbs energy from the wind, affecting weather patterns, and kills birds. Absorbing energy from water kills fish and adversely affects downstream habitats. All of these technologies involve mining, plastic manufacture, toxic waste disposal, and infrastructure development which further impacts the environment.

Face it: Your lifestyle harms the Earth.

Can it be that the coming "green technology" the PTB is envisioning will produce such spin offs that will actually hurt more the environment than what normal technology is doing?
Combine that with this new trend of the eco-terrorism which is sponsored by this TPB will it have as an outcome that they want to pit humans against humans to actually destroy their own present infrastructure and everyone's life will turn to hell beyond any hope for salvation while they will keep ripping the benefits? As I see it they are already paving the way through mind control and propaganda and once again all that will be disguised as actually efforts that manifest to "save" us.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by felonius

Just remember, if food sources deplete to 0, vegans are next on the spit!
BARBEQUE VEGAN WITH A NICE CHIANTI!!!!

GOOD OLD CORN FED GREEN FREAKS! side order of cream gravy, biscuits, maybe some black-eyed peas! OOOOO! Collards too! Chocolate pie for desert!!!!

This gives a whole new meaning to Soilent Green!

You are hilarious man, starred for making me laugh in the face of such a depressing subject.

Hey. If i can make one person happy a day, it was a good day! glad to be of service! also nice to have someone with a dark sense of humor!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
lead the way. Take yourself out.

careful with that. i considered saying the same and then remembered my brother.

dont want anyone's family go through that.

understand your point though.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
ok heres my straight answer, people are not a virus. Our minds have become depraved and as the result of an ever growing population more resources are going to be consumed and expended from the earth. We are too comfortable with the way we live and there is a balance between mans influence and nature. There are other ways we can use our technology to make something beneficial energy wise while at the same time harmless towards the planet. People these days happen to know too much or not enough, technology has took its toll on the people and planet.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

OP you need to rewatch the Matrix.

"Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Theres no stopping us. Even with all the damage we have done so far, It'll be a long shot if nature can still recover at this point. Although I appreciate the activists. Especially organizations like Green Peace and their help in trying to slow the killing process, I'm very pessimistic that it'll help in the long run.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join