posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:07 PM
reply to post by December_Rain
December, you seem to be are a very a caring person and this is very good thing. You look at cruelty and destruction around you want to stop it. Your
solution is to kill humans.
(1) One good aspect is that you are trying to dissuade destruction of animals and plants, which imo is a fabulous character trait.
(2) However, your belief that the elimination of humans would stop the extinction of plants and animals, is not a correct one, according to facts.
Thousands of species are becoming extinct. Thousands of species were becoming extinct event in ancient times. Despite your kind thoughts, you cannot
control nature so to speak and ensure perfection in our absence, There is not a direction correlation between all "bad" that occurs and the
existence of humans.
(3) You have a fantasy view of the plant and animal kingdoms. You seem to believe that in the absence of people, animals would somehow exist in a
peaceable kingdom. But the facts do not suport you in this regard. Google if you will a herd of 20+ lions in Africa that kill for sport. No lie.
Accord to researchers, this is a relativeley new development. Formerly, they didn't prey on elephants as they believed they couldn't kill them. But
in recent yrs, they learned that they as a group could bring down elephants. Further the same pack of lions among others are killing for sport. They
kill and walk away. Your view includes no room for this real fact of nature.
(4) You are lacking in a framework for understanding why bad things happen. I will conclude you do not believe in a Creator. You believe you are in
control and absent your concern, there will be no happy ending to the chaos that occurs in nature.
(5) Placing animals and plants on an equal footing, therefore, with human beings, you do not see the contradiction between killing what you believe to
be innocent plant and animal life and killing innocent human life.
The principal problem with what you believe is that it allows a slippery slope. Once you consent to th killing of huma life as a solution to what bugs
you, you must understand that the selection and volume of slaughter is beyond your selection and control.