It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball league for white Americans only

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hey, if the black community doesn't like it, the have the freedom to make there OWN all black league. I mean, they have all black beauty contests, high schools, colleges, churches, community centers, organizations. I don't see any problem with some whites wanting to start an all white league. It's gotten to the point that the black community is far more racist toward whites, than the KKK is towards blacks.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by menjo2000
Hey, if the black community doesn't like it, the have the freedom to make there OWN all black league. I mean, they have all black beauty contests, high schools, colleges, churches, community centers, organizations. I don't see any problem with some whites wanting to start an all white league. It's gotten to the point that the black community is far more racist toward whites, than the KKK is towards blacks.

Yes. Yes.

I think they have a League NBA or something, but they let whites play.

The KKK is a loving Christian Organization that wants happy segregation.

I welcome the new League, and fundamental Basketball.

But I reserve the rigth to believe it's ill founded, and not.... exciting as a concept.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
disband the black only/orientated groups if you oppose this

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
disband the black only/orientated groups if you oppose this

Who are you talking to? Nobody here can disband anything?

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange

Ziggy Strange

OK, support the disbandment of such groups

We cool zig?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ziggy Strange

OK, support the disbandment of such groups

We cool zig?

No we're not cool.
I dont support the disbandment of any groups.

I also don't need your approval.

Do you support the disbandment of all race based groups?

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Z - I can play in this league. If they take old guys. I wondered how my buddy Alexandro felt about not being able to join me.

Z - But who wants to play "fundamental" Basketball with short wimpy guys? Sounds like riding a 10 speed with training wheels.

Ziggy Strange

Gee, I figured since I've stated twice already that I could care less what they do, that should have been enough for you to know that I wouldn't want to play.
If they don't want both you or I to play, I can respect that and move, not gripe and whine about it like a little bratty child.
Besides, who has got time to play when there is plenty of work to do anyway.

Your last statetment is my point exactly, something like this is meant for reality TV on BET slash Comic relief.
So why not make it happen?
Heck, let's even call it Def Comedy Cracker Ball, and we'll it watch over a case of beer.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

butcherguy: Why bring it up? Because Jim Crow laws are history. This is 2010. We should be well past 'separate but equal'.

Jim Crow LAWS might by history - sadly however, Jim Crow ATTITUDEs are not.

muzzleflash: You sir are as racist and ignorant as the KKK.

Cracker is actually the N word. For whites.

ATS allows the N word now? ????

You have it ALL wrong. "Cracker" is not an "n" word for whites. There IS NO "n" word for whites. I don't recall ever seeing a white man strung up in a noose with "cracker" carved in his forehead by a lynch mob. Or a "cracker" bought and sold like property, even to the point a Supreme Court Justice would rule in favor of treating a "cracker" as property (see Dredd Scott).

Cracker is nearly the opposite in origin from "n". Cracker, as the most popular theory goes, came from the use of bullwhips used by plantation and slaver foremen in the antebellum South in disciplining African slaves. "The white foremen who cracked these whips were thus known as 'crackers'." Later, after the 1960's it became associated with "poor white trash". So a "cracker" is hardly on the same level as "n", or someone of slave status. For anyone to claim that "cracker" is now tantamount to "n" is a gross miscarriage. It's racist, pure and simple, and unbelievably ignorant.

Back to the OP, three reasons make this league come across as racist.

One: it's "Whites Only". Had it been a "Caucasian American BB league" or more appropriately (since "Caucasian" is not a nationality), an English-American, Dutch-American or German-American League - no one would care about its overt exclusion of other races. Such leagues exist in many forms all over, as a way to PROMOTE a particular society.

But not this league, it's "whites only". Can a black man even view the matches, or will he be confronted by police with guard dogs lining the entry to ensure blacks are kept out? Will they have "whites only" and "colored" water fountains? Again, just naming it in this fashion smacks of insensitivity, if not racism.

Two: This league then announces that the reason for the "whites only" league is to get back to "fundamental" BB. Ahhhhhh. I believe that's called a bitch-slap, a little insulting way of saying "non-whites can't play fundamental BB." In other words these guys can't hack it in the real world and decide to exclude any ethnic groups (well, group, since I think we all know what group they're referring to) that were pwning them.

Three: "But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now." WHAAAT? Since when is a race that represent 75% of the population of the USA "in the minority now"? That's the sort of race-baiting fear mongering you usually find on a KKK brochure. "White's are in the minority." or "Blond-haired Blue-eyed people are vanishing". Another of their common FUD tactics.

Statistics (courtesy of Wikipedia):
White alone - 75% (not including white Hispanics)
Hispanics (of any race) - 15.4%
Blacks - 12.4%
Asian - 4.4%
American Indian - 0.8%

Geez. Whites sure do have cause for alarm, hm hm sho' nuff.

Isn't it a tad "racist" that none of the defenders of this league even bothered to fact check this "whites are in the minority" comment by the league organizer, instead excepted it almost too willingly? That erroneous comment ALONE earns this league "cracker" status.

Offtopic comments:

BET, by the way, shows plenty of "white" artists, like Eminem, or movies featuring white actors. BET however is designed to give Black artists and entertainers MORE exposure than on the mainstream "white entertainment" networks which generally are dominated by white people. Since BET's formations It's gotten better, black entertainers appear in more mainstream programming. Would there be a reason to start a "BET" today? Hard to say. But back then - absolutely. You don't think a black person would enjoy watching a black actor or musician once in a while? Or a black child might like to see a black Disney character once in a while - OTHER than those racist crows in Dumbo? BET is not racist, it's designed to give more representation to a typically underrepresented race.

Black Colleges exist for the same reason Women's colleges exist. Neither blacks or women stood a good chance of getting into college no matter how strong their academic achievements were. It was a white man's world. We all know it. No denying it. Whites excluded blacks from college, and left them to fill denigrating servile jobs. Women were in the same position. It took Suffrage and the Civil Rights movement to at least attempt to level the playing field. Still seems a long ways to go.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

No we're not cool.

oh dear, I fear I may have a sleepless night

I dont support the disbandment of any groups.

so you do or do not support a white league?

I also don't need your approval.

that may be so and I do not need you following me around

Do you support the disbandment of all race based groups?

If it is good for the blacks it is good for the whites, if it is bad for the blacks it is bad for the whites

ZIGGY DO YOU PLAY GUITAR?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You cannot have a white players only basketball league
You cannot have White entertainment television
You cannot have a White Student Union
You cannot have a National Association for the Advancement of White People

There now everything is equal

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
You have it ALL wrong. "Cracker" is not an "n" word for whites.

There IS NO "n" word for whites.

you have it wrong, it is exactly the same- because you are bigoted you pretend it is

I don't recall ever seeing a white man strung up in a noose with "cracker" carved in his forehead by a lynch mob. Or a "cracker" bought and sold like property, even to the point a Supreme Court Justice would rule in favor of treating a "cracker" as property (see Dredd Scott).

yeah, but you choose to ignore a "cracker" being sodomised, raped, murdered stabbed and disembowelled by a black, to you such a victim is a lesser victim than a dead black you tiresome bigot- go visit the morgues and revist victim lists for the last few decades

One: it's "Whites Only". Had it been a "Caucasian American BB league" or more appropriately (since "Caucasian" is not a nationality), an English-American, Dutch-American or German-American League - no one would care about its overt exclusion of other races. Such leagues exist in many forms all over, as a way to PROMOTE a particular society.

But not this league, it's "whites only". Can a black man even view the matches, or will he be confronted by police with guard dogs lining the entry to ensure blacks are kept out? Will they have "whites only" and "colored" water fountains? Again, just naming it in this fashion smacks of insensitivity, if not racism.

I daresay your little sensitivity is not "pricked" by any number of BLACK specific (that is right B.L.A.C.K) groups whether in education, media, law enforcement etc etc- it is the word "WHITE" which annoys you

Two: This league then announces that the reason for the "whites only" league is to get back to "fundamental" BB. Ahhhhhh. I believe that's called a bitch-slap, a little insulting way of saying "non-whites can't play fundamental BB." In other words these guys can't hack it in the real world and decide to exclude any ethnic groups (well, group, since I think we all know what group they're referring to) that were pwning them.

so when blacks dominate something they are "pwning" them, but when whites dominate blacks, in say science, it is because of a bigoted society which oppresses the blacks and not because whites are "pwning" them, yeah, great one

BET, by the way, shows plenty of "white" artists, like Eminem, or movies featuring white actors.

so what, you know "B" stands for black- up above you were wittering about how "WHITE" was the issue and it would be ok if it was "English", "German" whatever- BET is explicitly promoting a "black" identity and experience, there is no such equivalence for whites- tell me which channel is aimed at white achievement, culture etc and is explicit about it, tell me could you, I looked at my channels there and could not find one

BET however is designed to give Black artists and entertainers MORE exposure than on the mainstream "white entertainment" networks which generally are dominated by white people.

It is a specific BLACK identity channel, whites have no such channel, which channel should I tune into which will promote WHITE and I mean specifically and expressly WHITE culture and achievement?

Since BET's formations It's gotten better, black entertainers appear in more mainstream programming. Would there be a reason to start a "BET" today? Hard to say. But back then - absolutely. You don't think a black person would enjoy watching a black actor or musician once in a while? Or a black child might like to see a black Disney character once in a while - OTHER than those racist crows in Dumbo? BET is not racist, it's designed to give more representation to a typically underrepresented race.

BET is inherently racist, the clue is in the name, we have established that "B" stands for Black, hence it is a racial specifc channel, and is inherently racist.

Black Colleges exist for the same reason Women's colleges exist. Neither blacks or women stood a good chance of getting into college no matter how strong their academic achievements were. It was a white man's world. We all know it. No denying it. Whites excluded blacks from college, and left them to fill denigrating servile jobs. Women were in the same position. It took Suffrage and the Civil Rights movement to at least attempt to level the playing field. Still seems a long ways to go.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Blackmarketeer]

wee violin playing in my ear *wipes tear from eye* oh boo hoo- I am sure that is some comfort to some skint white kid from Virginia he just aint as much as a victim oh boo hooo

[edit on 26-1-2010 by blueorder]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

BET, by the way, shows plenty of "white" artists, like Eminem, or movies featuring white actors. BET however is designed to give Black artists and entertainers MORE exposure than on the mainstream "white entertainment" networks which generally are dominated by white people. Since BET's formations It's gotten better, black entertainers appear in more mainstream programming. Would there be a reason to start a "BET" today? Hard to say. But back then - absolutely. You don't think a black person would enjoy watching a black actor or musician once in a while? Or a black child might like to see a black Disney character once in a while - OTHER than those racist crows in Dumbo? BET is not racist, it's designed to give more representation to a typically underrepresented race.

You hit the nail right on the head for that. Funny how selective our memory can become....

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

yeah right, I think he hit his head with the hammer, just another promoter of race based shakedown- he would seek to oppress my white kids, so I consider him an enemy

[edit on 26-1-2010 by blueorder]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Once again, i'mma chime in...I'm going in!

tell me which channel is aimed at white achievement, culture etc and is explicit about it, tell me could you, I looked at my channels there and could not find one

*chuckles* explicit as in how...saying this programming is for white only? Wow, talk about not being aware of what you watch. This kills me when some people say what your saying that there aren't any "white" TV shows...wow i didn't know Two and Half men, My name is Earl, and The Family Stone were shows that not only have plenty of minorities but are marked specifically to black americans...i must have missed that conference.

How about CBS, ABC, NBC, or WB? Hell, The Cleveland Brown show is still relatively new...not as funny as Family Guy thou...not yet anyways. I didn't know that the WB had black americans in lead roles for their programming either. I mean damn at least with UPN they TRIED to have some black shows. Homeboys from outer space missed the mark, hehe.

Friends and 90210 are considered smash hits when it comes to TV viewers, yet how many black people were regulars on the show? As a matter of fact, NAME ONE TV program that is on the major networks now (ABC, CBS, NBC) that has a majority of minorities in leading roles.

BET is inherently racist, the clue is in the name, we have established that "B" stands for Black, hence it is a racial specifc channel, and is inherently racist.

No it's not. Prejudice yes, but racist no. If your going to make the claim that BET is racist then the same remark can be leveld at MTV...that's the reason why Bob Johnson created it. It was in response for the lack of play of black music by MTV. Go do some homework.

wee violin playing in my ear *wipes tear from eye* oh boo hoo- I am sure that is some comfort to some skint white kid from Virginia he just aint as much as a victim oh boo hooo

No intelligent response for that one eh? I think your response speaks volumes for not your position but your thoughts...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
For all the racist terrorist people on this thread here is a reminder of the past:

www.wvu.edu...

I find it sickening how people are now saying it's fine to ban people for what they wear how they look, what languages they speak, what culture they have, what race they are and what religion they follow.

It is clear that those people either do not remember the times of slavery, their oppression in the USA, the persecution and termination of Jews and other undesirable Europeans, the mindless slaughter of 1.5 million Iraqis and others.

Excuse me but USA never BELONGED to so called 'white' people in the first place - remember the Red Indian tribes?

But it seems that if you steal something and can keep it then it belongs to you. That is the terrorist ways of the day.

Blocking out and DISCRIMINATING against certain races is the sign of an ill and corrupted society.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
*chuckles* explicit as in how...saying this programming is for white only? Wow, talk about not being aware of what you watch. This kills me when some people say what your saying that there aren't any "white" TV shows...wow i didn't know Two and Half men, My name is Earl, and The Family Stone were shows that not only have plenty of minorities but are marked specifically to black americans...i must have missed that conference.

you ain't half as smart as your *chuckles* indicate you think you are.

Firstly

I never said there are no shows with mainly white cast, I said WHICH CHANNELS ARE SPECIFICALLY AND EXPLICITY EXISTING TO REFERENCE WHITE CULTURE, EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENT.

And you reply with Two and a Half Men................

How about CBS, ABC, NBC, or WB? Hell, The Cleveland Brown show is still relatively new...not as funny as Family Guy thou...not yet anyways. I didn't know that the WB had black americans in lead roles for their programming either. I mean damn at least with UPN they TRIED to have some black shows. Homeboys from outer space missed the mark, hehe.

CBS, ABC, NBC and WB exist to promote white achievement and culture, and explicity do so, REALLY!????????????????????????

Friends and 90210 are considered smash hits when it comes to TV viewers, yet how many black people were regulars on the show? As a matter of fact, NAME ONE TV program that is on the major networks now (ABC, CBS, NBC) that has a majority of minorities in leading roles.

None of those channels exist to promote white achievement, NONE of them, and you resort to programs again...........

You think Friends existed to promote white achievement and culture, did I miss the bit where Joey waxed lyrical about WHITE contribution to the arts, science etc?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

exactly so down with race specific organisations, how about those black ones

Just another shakedown merchant promoting group identity and selective victimhood

*STICKS ON MOZART*

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Jinni

exactly so down with race specific organisations, how about those black ones

Just another shakedown merchant promoting group identity and selective victimhood

*STICKS ON MOZART*

Actually, my post applies to *everyone*.

You are not playing Mozart but some Jay-Z trash. Lol, the education of today sure has dropped.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I know at least two in dental profession that this has happened to, all you have to do is look at the grades.

There are white doctors and dentists that made it into medical school not based on grades alone. Same for every other skin color in this country. Sometimes it's not what you know but who you know.

As for the dentists, they put in the work they had to right? Or are you referring to the application process? AA works both ways it's just everyone wants to concentrate on blacks gettin that "free ride." If our forefathers and government actually practiced what they preached then we wouldn't be in this situation...you know life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!
FYI: The biggest beneficiaries of AA are white women.

Heck it's even happening in the public school system, the dumbing down and the lowering of the bar just to make it easier for little Johnny and little Leroy to advance to the next level. Wake up man!

So your telling me that 25% of the population is dragging down grades and requirements of the remaining 75%? That's kind of funny there are more black americans attending colleges and universities than ever before...you may want to taste that kool-aid before you drink it

I made that point (paragraph above) to show that just about EVERYONE in the american school system that graduates are pretty much idiots...not just one group of people, contrary to what you believe.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I never said there are no shows with mainly white cast, I said WHICH CHANNELS ARE SPECIFICALLY AND EXPLICITY EXISTING TO REFERENCE WHITE CULTURE, EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENT.

Take your pick. CBS, NBC, ABC, or WB. I used two and half men as an example. Yeah really, there TV shows don't reflect the diversity i see in America. But hold up..they do throw a dog a bone though every now and then.

Did you ever watch the Chris Rock show before it got canned? Or how about Girlfriends? None of those shows said "black audience" only but it was target to black americans.

You think Friends existed to promote white achievement and culture, did I miss the bit where Joey waxed lyrical about WHITE contribution to the arts, science etc?

The fine art of subterfuge is lost upon you homie.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join