It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitians chant USA! USA! after LA firefighters pull survivor from the wreckage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Honestly, what the hell is going on here?

"Oh, thank god there is someone in Haiti chanting USA. Let us pat ourselves on the back now!"

Seriously, do you not see what you are doing? This isn't an "anti-American" post, this is a "Holy crap am I embarrassed to read this" post. I swear, nations establish consciences through age for it's citizens. Pretty telling for a nation so young, America, where people can't hold back their self-congratulatory pride and super-inflated patriotic egos until after the dust settles. Nope, people are still dying, people are still suffering, but by golly gosh let's pat ourselves on the back because a couple of survivors are chanting our name. Yippee ki-yay!! *Throws his hat in the air*

Please.. you embarrass the rest of us. Have a little humility, will you? Spare these victims the arrogance of your undeserving patriotism and just be quiet for once..

Thank you to the people and volunteers that are helping these people. That is all, this is a moment of sadness not a pause for celebration people.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone here find it extremely odd that, after Katrina, it took several days to get boots on the ground; but, after the quake, the MILITARY was there, pretty much overnight?

Oh, and like, how come it's okay to show (desecrate) dead black folks on televsion, non-stop, but you can't show people some dead soldiers?

It's propaganda folks, and you're lapping it up.

This thread is so sticky with sap I've got to wash my hands now.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Kudos to the people who are helping the survivors.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thefallenacorn

.. or how about the fact that whenever a displaced Haitian is shown on the media rummaging for supplies to survive, they are labeled as, "Scavengers".

"Scavengers are seen here, looking for food in a store."

Pretty sure they're not "scavengers", they are desperate victims.

Don't tell me this is what a person is called when they, "rummage through things". The media is the double-talk extraordinaire, they're known for making a touchy situation seem like cake and a great situation seem like crap, all with word play.

Scavengers.

A vulture is a scavenger. A distraught and desperate human being is not a scavenger.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

They don't call us the home of the brave for nothing. We're the first ones in and the last ones out whenever there is a disaster.

Well, usually you are the cause of it

I feel sad for what has happened in Haiti, and it is encouraging to see people genuinely wanting to help out, but this has nothing to do with the US of A, and this does in no way fix all your countrys shortcomings. Save the patriotic circlejerk for July 4th people.

If Obama and Georgie was doing that work, then maybe...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
We respect you helping to save lives. That's the U.S i like and remember, but you don't have to make a big song and dance about it everytime you save someone. It's a little embarrassing.

True...

However it is nice to actually see a positive thread once and a while about the US instead of the nonstop negative ones posted day and night here at ATS whether they are deserved or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

China has donated millions!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It would be nice to see a genuine program to sponsor families in their rebuilding. That would be a huge undertaking though... This is going to take so much more than just throwing cash into the wind.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
America is going to use this disaster to occupy Haiti with our military. Disgusting!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Americans don't seem able to accept any criticism.

It is not that we cannot accept criticism, it is the overwhelming American bashing that goes on on this forum day after day, year after year, I should have left a long time ago,

[edit on 013131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
No offense, but many of you are blind. Just part of the plan..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join