It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitians chant USA! USA! after LA firefighters pull survivor from the wreckage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by MysterE

I think this has done more for Americas image then anything in the last decade!

Unfortunately, the bad always seems to overshadow the good we do.

well, the bad things have been pretty bad

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

the bad things have been pretty bad

Never said it wasn't. But should a country be judged based only on the bad things?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
Gee, I wonder why they would do that?

Could it be because the US is actually helping them, unlike what MINUSTAH was doing? Could it be that being raided and murdered in their homes by the UN because of their political desires has made the Haitians beg for help from the US? For many many years now?

Nah, that couldn't be it.

Because the US CAUSED this quake, right? Because the US has absolutely no humanitarian credit, it is all negative agendas. The US nuked Haiti, or used HAARP to magically cause an earthquake (on a fault line that was predicted to go off BIG for a long time now); and now are invading and exploiting the poor stupid Haitians! Geez, don't you guys know anything?

Sorry, do I sound a bit peeved?

1000 threads a day demonizing US efforts to save these desperate people, every little move that the military takes is dissected and announced malignant, but yes, lets IGNORE that Haitians themselves, who are HAPPY the US is there, and have invited them to stay for a very long time.

Deny ignorance my **s. Do some research, theory monkeys. Try starting with Lavalas and Aristide, and MINUSTAH massacres in Cite de Soleil.

Thank you for posting this OP. But the idiocy and deliberate averting eyes of obvious fact on this site lately has seriously ticked me off. Not every damn thing is a conspiracy people- even on a conspiracy discussion forum.

Hate to shatter your happy little paranoid world, but sometimes the US is NOT the bad guy. Shocking, but true.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by cjcord]

Well said sir.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Its like a breath of fresh air to see that video. A lot of the things I've seen past few months have been negative. Its good to see people like that doing good things

God bless

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallwater

Originally posted by cjcord

Hate to shatter your happy little paranoid world, but sometimes the US is NOT the bad guy. Shocking, but true.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by cjcord]

In this video, the "american government" isn't doing the rescue. These are just regular citizens. The way it should be in a crisis. I didn't see anybody wearing FEMA garb. Are we talking about americans or the american government being the bad guy?

You are so correct! the "American Government" doesn't have 16,400 military personnel in the area.

The "American Government" didn't fly in 160 members of the L.A. Disaster Team. They all just decided to show up after bowling night ended.

What a ridiculous post for you to have typed.....with all due respect of course.

[edit on 1/21/10 by StonyJ]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think were hypocrites.

We are killing people who are yelling "F--- USA" on one side of the world.

We are supposedly helping people who are yelling "USA!" on another side.

Are we trying to redeem ourselves?

Or will Haiti become another permanent base of operations?

[edit on 1/21/2010 by die_another_day]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
the USA is NOT the greatest country in the world.

but, we are a pretty great country anyhow...

I am not proud to be an American, I am lucky to be one, and I am proud at what the people of the country do when they are beneviolent and helpful.

I dont mind the rest of the world constantly counting on the US and Europe to come to the rescue...we got the cash and tools to help out in alot of areas, but they should also respect the fact that we cant do everything, and we want to get paid something in the end...even if it just means opening up trade more and letting us sell our crap there more freely once the dust settles.

Well done firemen...its encouraging when foreigners are chanting USA and not having the words "death to the" before it and no burning flags anywhere in sight...but give it a few years and things should be back to norm.

we as human beings are at our best when the situation is at its worst.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i feel many in this thread are confusing something, the u.s. government and the people of the u.s. are two totally different things. the government would not be over there to help if they were not in some way gaining from it. many of the people in our country however are not this way, many of us help for nothing more than to know some one else is now better off

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow it says this when I post now. Sweet.

"You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter."

ok then

LOLOL AM3RIKA IS TEH EVILZ

------------

Anyway seriously, I was going to say that not every person, action or effort by a country or america is evil and has ulterior motives.
Just enjoy when good things happen because if you can't, you've become too jaded and cynical to be able to enjoy life which means evil wins!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
See what happens when we use our resources for good.

We can really do incredible things. Wasting money, time, and effort on wars is diverting money, time, and effort to noble causes.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Of course it is great to be recognized as a Nation that is willing to lend a hand in need and I am proud of every American that is helping out but let us be realistic. Haiti is in our backyard, China is there and was one of the first to have relief teams in place despite the distance involved. Since they are part of NATO they already had 125 security police there before the earthquake and have since sent loads of supplies. Others involved include Netherlands, Iceland, Canada, Puerto Rico, Gyana, Brazil, Morraco, France and i am sure many others but because of the quick Global reach of the USA we usually take the forefront. Let us be proud of all those contributing to helping the Haitian people and be ready to help again when and wherever a diaster strikes.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, the US government hasn't done squat, imo. Sorry, but the govt. pretty much donated chump change and relied on volunteers the most.

They have the power to whisk money from straight out of nothing, straight into the pockets of bankers, by the trillions.. but an epic disaster with untold suffering leaves them reluctant.

There should have been an unbelievable amount of money/resources sent by the government before the quake stopped. This is what I expect my tax dollars to go to the most, emergencies, foreign or domestic.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Cool video, thanks.

They don't call us the home of the brave for nothing. We're the first ones in and the last ones out whenever there is a disaster.

Thank you to the Haitian people for recognizing that.

Humm....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Not much to say here really.
I mean yes, this is great! I love to see that America can at least SOMETIMES live up to that status it set for itself years ago.

But honestly, my Government has a LOT to do in order to balance the "karma" it has collected through years of underhanded bullsh-t that they continue to this very day.

Once again, good on the firemen, piss on the fed.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Are you complaining that they are shouting "USA!, USA!"?

They are saving people for GOD's sakes, they deserve the recognition for a act like that.

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Thanks and congrats to all the fire fighters, police officers and rescue teams that put their lives at risk on a daily basis to save the lives of people that they never met and have no reason to care about in this modern world mentality. My profound and unconditional respect to you all.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
See what happens when we use our resources for good.

We can really do incredible things. Wasting money, time, and effort on wars is diverting money, time, and effort to noble causes.

I don't think we could ever even IMAGINE what the world would be like if everything were done for truly good causes in the name of science and happiness. The world would be unrecognisable.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think it's great for all the nations who are there helping. It's brave and thoughtless to do so.

I swear.. for many here, I have no idea why they haven't moved out of the country by now. If it's THAT corrupt, THAT evil, THAT wicked and worthless.. (staged? lmao..).. MOVE. If you are not IN this country, you don't know the U.S. You know media and propaganda. There are idiots in every country. Greedy people, con artists, thieves, you name it. But there is a LOT of good in the U.S. as well. I see it daily. Stop painting the entire country with such a broad brush. If you don't like it here at ALL, why in the hell are you still here? Move to the country of your dreams, there has to be one out there for you, yes?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
all you anti america a-holes need to shut the f-up ,we americans may not be perfect, but we are always there to help a "man,when he is down". Iwork for an international frieght airline and have taken supplies etc to many disasters for the US gov, Samaritans Purse,Red Cross etc.We Americans give more in help charity andand gov subsidy/help/relief than any country on earth,we do because we want to.and we pay for it in our donations and our taxes.Many countries give what they can and kudos to all who do,but, do not bash us for doing good ,w.e are not perfect ,but our intent is good and well intentioned.Picking apart the efforts of our relief org.,gov, etc is wrong.It is a disaster folks nothing goes perfect, you must be flexible and adaptable to the situation.My co. has been taking supplies to Haiti and believe me the situation is not fluid or easy ,but we are making progress.Let us all trake a breath and realize this is a very difficult situation which will take time to sort out but it will get done.and by nthe way it is in the US's back yard so that is why we are so heavily involved.Semper Fi and good day

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have compiled everyones viewpoints on what Haiti would look like if we compiled our ideas to the crisis. After two hours of remote viewing I have sketched the outcome of our intelligent design.

...I had to take a cold shower afterwards.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Blood Eagle]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
lool
eight fireman and a camera man, taking one wounded man out...
I smell bs, thats staged and its easy to see..
It is an emergency sisuation there are mulitudes of people stuk in the rumble, one would hve thought that the 6 standing around straching there nuts could have found something better to do...
land of the brave my butt... more like land of cheap plastic entertainment and lets feel real good about it...

kx
¥ Submoronic would be giving this poster too much credit.How dare you criticize an obvious act of selflessness.Dumbass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join