It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitians chant USA! USA! after LA firefighters pull survivor from the wreckage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
They don't call us the home of the brave for nothing. We're the first ones in and the last ones out whenever there is a disaster.

I think Americas global image might step up a notch or two further if there was a little less American martyrdom like this comment. It's audacious sentiments like this that has America taking it upon itself to police a world that doesn't need it's policing in many cases.

They don't call us the home of the brave for nothing. We're the first ones in and the last ones out whenever there is a disaster.

Thank you to the Haitian people for recognizing that.

No, you're just putting words in their mouth. Sure they're appreciate but I only heard them chant "U-S-A" and not "We-recognize-that-Americans-are-the-first-ones-in-and-last-ones-out-whenever-there-is-a-disaster". Aside from being long-winded, it's simply not what they said. It's what you heard.

And yes, as many American members will point out, the American people and the American government are two different things. Then again, the people are responsible for their government.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
[edit on 22-1-2010 by nepafogo]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Wow it says this when I post now. Sweet. "You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter."

That actually means their keeping an eye on your posts before they ban you.

I got it too after some politically incorrect responses.

Now I am glad to see something positive about the American people coming out of Haiti.

Believe it or not a large majority of Americans have a affinity for the Haitians because they told Napoleon to pack sand.

We don't want them to come here and abandon their country,We want them to stay there and build a democracy.

If they leave the crooks win.

America has a very long history in Haiti. I have never heard a bad word about the people just about the corruption they have to live with.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I love being reminded of the potential of this country. This is Americans and American spirit at its best. This rescue has nothing to do with the American nation-state and its horrendous foreign policy - and domestic policy at that.

All we need is the right political will and incorruptible elements in Congress and the Presidency and America as a nation-state could bring about some truly amazing change worldwide.

Kucinich Paul 2012

Am I dreaming? Of course but we have to start somewhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Well, the US government hasn't done squat, imo. Sorry, but the govt. pretty much donated chump change and relied on volunteers the most.

They have the power to whisk money from straight out of nothing, straight into the pockets of bankers, by the trillions.. but an epic disaster with untold suffering leaves them reluctant.

There should have been an unbelievable amount of money/resources sent by the government before the quake stopped. This is what I expect my tax dollars to go to the most, emergencies, foreign or domestic.

Excuse me, the government hasn't done much? Hummm let's see, the 82nd airborne, Marines, the U.S.S. Carl Vinson, the hospital ship U.S.S. Comfort, plus other navy ships. Who's flying all those C-17 flights of supplies, etc? Volunteer pilots I suppose. Our military is providing the air traffic control for all aircraft to land safely. On another note, a previous poster listed other countries who are helping. I'd like to point out and thank Israel for sending in a fully equipped field hospital. Oh I wonder what "sinster" motives they have.....uhhh that's sarcasm.

---hunger

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallwater

Originally posted by cjcord

Hate to shatter your happy little paranoid world, but sometimes the US is NOT the bad guy. Shocking, but true.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by cjcord]

In this video, the "american government" isn't doing the rescue. These are just regular citizens. The way it should be in a crisis. I didn't see anybody wearing FEMA garb. Are we talking about americans or the american government being the bad guy?

ditto
and ditto...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Home of the Brave and home of the proud.

Anybody else notice the Peruvian teams, though? Every time I see footage on CNN there's a Peruvian on the spot. Their rescue teams have been pretty bad ass.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The US has done amazingly under the circumstances, they deserve all the credit they get. I'm not a fan of US foreign policy, but can recognise a genuine act of aid and relief. Other countries may have helped, but without the economic and military resources of the United States,many more haitians would be dead by now.

Well said. Genuine acts of kindness and compassion for fellow human beings should be commended and credit given when it is due. You don't see many threads on here that are exactly "praiseworthy" of the USA or the people that live there. But it's refreshing to see positive stories such as these given the recognition they deserve, as opposed to the endless threads that are negative.

On behalf of the nation of Haiti and the worldwide community, we applaud your efforts and thank you for your generosity America!

[edit on 22/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
We can't rule out the possibility of US initiated disasters based on hidden NWO agenda. Because of that, I reluctantly applaud.

All I can say is ditto ... Maybe I have become a bit cynical but I too will applaud but watch and see where things go from here. My experience is that the USA never does anything without there being something in it for them.

That said, I also have to echo what others have suggested ... That these people who are helping, are not the government ... they are indeed doing their work out of commitment and dedication to helping others in need ... but then, that's their chosen vocation or calling and they would so so anywhere in the world - so I don't doubt their motives in the least.

Lets be looking out for what the other hand is doing ... you know, the one hand giveth and the other hand ...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud...

This whole thread (as is evidenced by the title) is is wholly based around those who would like to pat themselves on the back for providing minuscule assistance to the Haitians. Note that the OP makes a big deal of the US involvement, yet mentions other nations involvement almost second-handedly as if - oh yeah these guys helped too but whatever....

Don't make me spew.

If the world's government actually gave a # about the Haitians we would have seen an immediate, overwhelming response to the earthquake and millions may have been saved.

[edit on 22/1/2010 by Kryties]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
S&F

Great thread!

Where's France? Venezuela? China?

How about the nations of the religion of peace and love (Islam)?

But the US is the only evil thing in this world. mm-hmmm

[edit on 1/21/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

Venezuela sent some earthmoving equipment and a few personel and food. China sent food I think... You know when it really come to it, The US and EU really help... Imagine what the world would be like with out America? I know we are a far from perfect nation, but we try.

Haiti is close to USA so it s normal for you to be there... During the China earthquake Jpan did the same for china ...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallwater

Originally posted by cjcord

Hate to shatter your happy little paranoid world, but sometimes the US is NOT the bad guy. Shocking, but true.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by cjcord]

In this video, the "american government" isn't doing the rescue. These are just regular citizens. The way it should be in a crisis. I didn't see anybody wearing FEMA garb. Are we talking about americans or the american government being the bad guy?

Tallwater speak the thruth, The world doesn t like americans they hate your corrupt government and your corporate system...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Lets not forget other countries are doing their bit saving lives in Haiti.....the UK firefighters were there pretty damn quickly as well.

Source

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind when I heard that our initial investment would be 100 million was the thought that we are still spending three million dollars a week in our mid-east wars. I know that thet amount we are spending there is great. Think about how much good we could do for the world if we spent our war funds on humanitarion and aid funds across the globe.
1/30th of our war funds (per week) has been spent in Haiti and has made us look quite magnanimous to the world at large. Who the hell could call us the great satan if we spent our money on peace instead of war? How many more could they recruit? I hope that our leaders learn from this act of selflessness.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Ok ok ok!

2 things

1) If its a conspiracy, then its obviously working.

However, if its NOT (and I urge everyone with a good mind to consider this option too, as there is no concrete proof either way) and the earthquake was just again, mother earth shouting at us - (chaos theory anyone) as she has done for millions of years

then Here, #ing here.

Do you think Bush would of ordered such a big aid from the US? I don't.

Fair play to Obama, I don't care if anyone else here thinks he's a man of evil, I honestly think he's a man of peace. And I look at both sides thoroughly.. sometimes you can never express your own values because of those super-imposed from around you - but genuinely I think this is the sort of thing Obama wanted to show - that America with its greatness, can help the world round instead of being evil as the Bush Republican party pretty much showed. Discontent for the world round.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Cool video, thanks.

Thank you to the Haitian people for recognizing that.

Hopefully, you are the last ones out.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

0945 GMT:The first boots on the ground in the worldwide effort appear to be Chinese. An Air China plane loaded with ten tonnes of tents, food and medical equipment landed at Port-au-Prince this morning. Aboard, in orange jumpsuits, was a 60-strong earthquake relief team that had first-hand experience in the huge Sichuan quake two years ago, in which almost 90,000 people were killed.

And just out of curiosity, who called you the home of the brave?

BTW, there are many other rescue teams, and I am sure they also saved a lot of people.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by dreamspark]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Millions saved? Millions have'nt died. I think "a pat on the back" for those folks who went there to save lives and help people is well deserved. As someone else pointed out ealier, all Americans who want to help are not there because His Majesty Obama sent them there.

Peace and Light
Heracat

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The biggest contingent in Haiti is from Brazil to begin with, so you can safely bet that they are the ones doing most of the work there. But who really cares about these measurements when there are people lives at stake?

Probably just the ones that are too blind to see that this is too big of a tragedy to be held and managed by a single nation alone.

I just hope they keep finding survivors in there and that the country reconstruction becomes a reality before permanent chaos is installed.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Nice thread and all, and I feel glad that these people are being helped out.
No, not by Americans, but by other human beings. Does it matter who helps these people out? Does America really need to be chanted like that? How does it make the other teams feel? I think those men are brave and honorable, but they are being cheered for being an AMERICAN rescuing that person, and not a HUMAN being.

Americans are the last ones out? Lets hope not in this case, don't want to ruin this heart warming feeling with a permanent military base 2 years later.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
God forbid that I should attempt to be patriotic here, but what about all the other countries that have been involved in the rescue effort?

There is no mention of the fact that it was British Search & Rescue experts that actually found this guy (and many others) or the fact that most of the medical effort is being provided by the French.

Now I'm British, giving the French kudos is a really big deal, but there is a make-shift hospital set up especially for the pregnant women in Haiti who have been sent into labour by the shock of the Earthquake that is being run by French doctors and they are doing a fantastic job!!

Let's not forget that this is a worldwide effort. Not detracting from the great work that the USA is doing, obviously due to proximity, they were first on the scene and were the obvious choice to run the whole thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join