It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE NEWS: BROWN WINS! Coakley calls Brown to Concede Election in Massachusetts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Why would just Replublicans deserve to pay higher taxes under your theory? If your theory is correct and if they should pay more because of war costs, then democrats should pay more for all of the other taxes they have spun out of control and raised over the years.
And once again we have an ignorant fool talking about spending and the Republicans yet there is not a mention of the TRILLIONS of dollars we are now in debt due to obama. If you are going to mention one, why not mention the other. I can see what side you are on. Lets bitch about 650 milllion but not about trillions, that makes a lot of sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This was a referendum on Barry and His leftist policies. They took exactly one year to spend all the political capital. Can't blame Dubya for this, but I'm sure that they will try. Sad trombone for you all. Epic Fail!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fio71

Are you old enough to post on internet forums? lol

I think this is a great example of the will of the people forcing a correction in government.

A super majority is not good for anyone to have because it effectively turns a democracy into a dictatorship of the majority.

So, ousting the dems in Mass is good for the country overall.

I think the playing field could be leveled a little more on both sides. Neo-Cons should be tossed a little more from the GOP. their thinking and ideas are poisoning America and have damaged it greatly in the last decade.

Democrats should try to shed their loopy members who are too far left for the good of America.

so, out with the extremists and level that thinking in Washington.

good for the GOP and congrats to them. Now, if only they can get rid of the malcontents and wicked ones as we see in the above post. these types of people saying these types of things are NO help and contribute zero to society.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I just have one thing to say.

CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?

It funny but you know what I heard?

Division.

Like so many elections for a long time now the electorate is just about split down the middle. For nearly every voter cheering, there is a voter downcast.

More polarization.

More gridlock in Washington.

More stagnation as a people as the rest of the world leaves us behind because we cannot see beyond political ideology and decide who we want to be and where we want to go. In the meantime wars rage unchecked raping our tax dollars by orders of magnitude more then any health care proposal.

Please try and rouse yourselves from the waking dream before its to late.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Not a resident of MA, but was pulling for Brown. Funny, now all my friends who have been of the same mindset and have appeared to be awake, are now enraged that a Republican got into office. I'm talking rage! Apparently, they think one should just blindly vote for a Democrat, regardless of where they stand on the issues. These are people who are against the health plan and everything else that has been forced on us lately.
I still don't see how this one seat is going to stop the health care bill. Seems to me the big O is going to make it happen no matter what.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The only stick in the mud is Olympia Snow. She is actually RINO and may defect to them for healthcare. In any case, Obama threw down the gantlet and the people of Massachusetts again fired the shot heard around the world. But he will push onward to the cliff of healthcare and he will throw the democrats under the bus to achieve his goals. Hopefully they will see this and refuse to be his cronies any more.

As for Repubs, they better understand that the Independents have the force and power now. It's not about the R or the D, it's about the people and they will work for the people or they're going to be fired come November 2010 and 2012 as well. America is done with this joke and we're not taking it anymore.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by serendipitynow

As a resident of MA I'm not as concerned that a Republican got in but that THIS one did. Most people are viewing this from the national perspective but we have to live with this decision. It ins't going to help our state one bit.

I'm all for health care reform. We already have near universal healthcare here in MA. But the current bill is far too damaged --- not for all the BS reasons the GOP has been throwing out there but becuase of real and legitimate flaws. I hope Obama et al just throw it back to Congressional Republicans and let them fix it. They say they have the answer so give them the opportunity to author a bill, bring it out so it can be analyzed and vetted as the current one has and see what we get. It's only fair.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Haha LOL.............throw out the democrat only to vote in another Republican. Republicans are as much of a joke as democrats. Both are extremely corrupt and extremely tyrranical. The people's voice wasn't heard in Massachussets. And this won't change a damn thing. Partisan politics killed this country DECADES ago and is just beating a dead horse.

I can't stand democrats...........but I quit standing republicans YEARS ago as well.

There is only one TRUE republican out there and his name is Ron Paul. Until I hear politicians talking about what really matters..............militaristic foreign policy, ending the federal reserve, dismantling the CIA etc...........NO ONE matters!

Why not stop judging people on what party they belong to, and start judging them by their character?

Just sayin . . .

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Dont get me wrong here, I'm happy MA can widen its tunnel vision at least enough to see the other head of the beast but is a 50/50 split really a referrendum on anything? Is it really the "people" being heard when for every person who voted for another person voted against?

These 50/50 elections make it seem like we're either on the verge of civil war or like we really have no real options to choose from.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think it was cut closer after they cheated on the vote. I was listening on the radio to multiple interviews as the voting was going on from around the state with the people in charge at the polls. Everyone of them including several that were upset by Brown winning said that 70 to 80% was coming in for Brown.
I would be that he "REALLY" won by a wider margin.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

I just have one thing to say.

CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?

It funny but you know what I heard?

Division.

Like so many elections for a long time now the electorate is just about split down the middle. For nearly every voter cheering, there is a voter downcast.

More polarization.

More gridlock in Washington.

More stagnation as a people as the rest of the world leaves us behind because we cannot see beyond political ideology and decide who we want to be and where we want to go. In the meantime wars rage unchecked raping our tax dollars by orders of magnitude more then any health care proposal.

Please try and rouse yourselves from the waking dream before its to late.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Helmkat]

WHat is wrong with Grid Lock?

That is perfect, and that is how the founding fathers intended the government to work.

It slows everything down so things aren't rushed through. If the ship starts going down, it will go down slow, giving people a chance to reverse it, rather than plummet straight to hell.

Common sense . . .

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
Since there is no clear difference between Dem and Repub anymore, can someone explain to me how Brown's win is a "good thing"? Is there some "victory" for the people here I am missing?

Someone can say it better then me, but this is a break from party lines IMHO,

I heard Scott mention independents twice in his speech, also this was people from all parties sending a message of discontent to Washington.

VOTI

[edit on 113131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

Thanks Stormdancer, I had to get to page 4 before someone pointed out the fact that he stated all along that he was no Republican, but used it as the ticket.
How soon does everyone forget that this guy was out leading Tea Parties and 912er's against BOTH parties.
If this guy hold's true to his colors, like only a few others have, this is what the big deal is.
This is the time that another Party can and will come into play. He would drop the Republicans in a heatbeat if something else in line would come to power.

I also love in this thread how several people that were bashing the Tea "baggers" for a year now, are posting like nothing happened.
The same one's that got really nasty with everyone.
I guess they do not hold true to any convictions.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I cannot remember the channel I had seen it on last night, but they did a poll on the different parties and movements in the US.

The Tea Party movement had a 33% favorable rating. It was higher then any other party or movement in the US.

Even with the perverse denigration and attempted systematic dismantling of the movement, they are still regarded highest when compared to any other Political movement in the US.

Take that!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Health care can't pass now though. They have to rewrite the bill. Good. Forget about carbon tax.

My only worry? Brown might use this to be a dictator to the republicans. He could easily force whatever he wants with his position. Lucky bastard. Hopefully he uses his new power wisely.

Yes, because how could they ever dream of passing it with only an 18 point majority.

For crying out loud, that's more than Bush ever had...and we all know how many things he passed!!

They loose 1 State, and suddenly people are calling everything a failure. You guys are dillusional

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Star for you! That is exactly what we need and have needed for over 30 years.
Why the Helll do we need 300 bills a year passed for?

They should be working on Repealling Bills, not making new ones.

This is why I hope the Democraps take it off a cliff with the 51 votes. Brown does not stop them from doing this as far as I know.
Or, better yet, fly it through in the next week before he gets there.

This would start off a firestorm for Repeal.
This is what has been need for a long time, to start Repealing all the BS of too much Govt.

Maybe, if this happens, Ron Paul my finally see some action with the fight he has made For the People. By the People.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by j2000

I cannot remember the channel I had seen it on last night, but they did a poll on the different parties and movements in the US.

The Tea Party movement had a 33% favorable rating. It was higher then any other party or movement in the US.

Even with the perverse denigration and attempted systematic dismantling of the movement, they are still regarded highest when compared to any other Political movement in the US.

Take that!

I wish they would change the name, I really hate the Tea Party deal.
How about the 76er's Party?

How about "The Peoples Party"?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

What a crock. You're clearly not from here are you? Just cause he mentions independents twice in his speech that makes it so? He's a politician for the love of God. He'll say anything. He already proved that LONG ago here in the Baystate --- saying one thing in the campaign and then doing exactly the opposite when he was seated. This guy is going to be the consumate GOP puppet. Mark my words. This won't do anything positive for anyone.

And as for 'cheating' give me a break. Just cause some people's impression was that 'everyone' was coming out for Brown doesn't mean it's true. I was at the polls. I saw nothing of the kind. My impression was that it was just about 50/50 from what I heard and saw. Some areas would vote more Brown (his state senate district for example) but others would not. This was no sweeping referendum up here dude, trust me.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by j2000

What a crock. You're clearly not from here are you? Just cause he mentions independents twice in his speech that makes it so? He's a politician for the love of God. He'll say anything. He already proved that LONG ago here in the Baystate --- saying one thing in the campaign and then doing exactly the opposite when he was seated. This guy is going to be the consumate GOP puppet. Mark my words. This won't do anything positive for anyone.

And as for 'cheating' give me a break. Just cause some people's impression was that 'everyone' was coming out for Brown doesn't mean it's true. I was at the polls. I saw nothing of the kind. My impression was that it was just about 50/50 from what I heard and saw. Some areas would vote more Brown (his state senate district for example) but others would not. This was no sweeping referendum up here dude, trust me.

Glad to strike a Lib nerve.
Your welcome.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Big deal. This won't change anything, because corporatism will continue to do what it wants to do. The Obama administration was compromised a long time ago, before since before it's inception, by the economic powers that be; the bipartisan health care bill that cozied up to Big Pharma and the insurance industry, not mention the bail outs that saved Wall Street's ass and continuation of War Capitalism in the Middle East.

I feel this is the beginning of the end for the Obama administration. 2012, I believe, will mark a shift in the status quo back to the Republican party. I'm almost excited, though, to see the looks on everybody's faces when their Conservative leaders continue the same stuff and nothing changes. What goes around comes around, I guess.

Let's give the propaganda tools on the television screen a round of applause for dumbing people down and steering them away from the truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It slows everything down so things aren't rushed through. If the ship starts going down, it will go down slow, giving people a chance to reverse it, rather than plummet straight to hell.
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

The ship America is heading toward the rocks and there are two competing helmsmen, one wants to go left, the other right, their strength is equal so the ship holds course even though they can clearly see the danger ahead. All we can be sure of that they will blame each other for the disaster...

Also there is another term for Gridlock, its called stagnation.

stagnate - To cease motion, activity, or progress; to come to rest; to cease to advance or change; to become idle or cease to flow

America risks becoming an anachronism if we cannot break the gridlock.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join