HUGE NEWS: BROWN WINS! Coakley calls Brown to Concede Election in Massachusetts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
reply to post by genius/idoit

Not meaning to troll here but all politicians are "good" or they wouldn't get elected.

Incorrect. With respect, because you did have some excellent points, I and... well, everyone I know, do not vote for the "good" candidate or the one we like. Rather, we vote for the lesser evil. I have not "liked" a candidate in the National stage since... hmm maybe Regan? And I can't vouch for him as much as I would like as I was born in 81.

People don't get voted into office because they are "good" they get voted in because their records show they are not mass murderers, because they are members of the party with the momentum, and because they are a better candidate than the other guy, or in this case, girl.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The funny part is that these elitist bastiches are so into themselves that Obama will have them walk the plank, and they'll do it. This was an amazing victory, but Obama doesn't have the experience or sense to listen to the people like Clinton did, this fool will step on the gas and go full speed ahead to a Hitlerian dictatorship. Be happy, but be worried too.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
I'm in the UK and this has really had my interest the past week or so, and is it just me, or does Scott Browns acceptance speach sound like a Presidential campaign speech?

Scott Brown for president 2012 - We Can Do Better?

sounds good, or maybe a Palin/Brown ticket?

I have heard that all over the internet tonight,

Check out Drudge, in big red letters,

NOW... WILL HE RUN FOR PRESIDENT?

It is to soon to tell, but his speech certainly seemed presidential.

You know, he has "it."

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by candide

I have a small suggestion for you and then a true statement. My suggestion, get your news from more than one source. Try watching MSNBC and *gasp* Fox. You should be able to work out the truth from those different views.

My statement, Republicans are big government, Democrats are pat you on the head and control every aspect of your lives REALLY BIG government.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

I voted for Ron Paul because he was a "GOOD" candidate. He was not the lesser of any evil. I voted my conscience and I actually LIKED him. Just like I voted for Perot...Like I would have for Nader....or McKinney...or even Kucinich.

There are "good" candidates out there.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

That's quite a list of "good" candidates, and I applaud your ability to make good choices. I, too, voted for Ron Paul for standing up for his beliefs and fighting back. While I knew that his chance was minor, at least those of us who backed a man with principle and courage could be pleased with our decision.

About the vote in Massachusetts, I am sure that part of it was anti Coakly and part of it was tired of Ted Kennedy and the democrats for so long, as well as the few who really liked Brown and voted for his great smile!

Toothpaste wise, he looks like a true study of the Robert Redford movie, The Candidate. It will be interesting to see what kind of Republican he will prove to be...as somehow or other, New Englanders appear to be a lot different from those Southern Conservatives...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

As I do not live in the state, I really didn't do much research into the candidates for this election. I'm glad that you can vote with your heart for a person you truly like. As for me, I like the Governor of our state and HATE that this is his last term and I kind of like Jeff Sessions. That's it of the elections I get to vote in.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by solarstorm

The populist movement is growing and people are getting "really" angry.

My opinion of what will happen? Eventually we WILL go after the corporations and bankers.

It HAS to happen. No one has any money. I'm barely making it myself and I know countless people who are holding on by a thread or are losing everything.

Ideology won't matter soon. I think we won't see this until after the 2010 elections...and that is when BOTH PARTIES are going to feel some major wrath from struggling americans.

It's coming...but it has only just begun. The wealthy can only tarnish the populist movement for so long. Eventually people will break.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by David9176]

I disagree buddy, same folks happily approved of Bush Whack and his less than Fiscal/constitutional ways. Conservatives will be lulled back to sleep when the GOP
regain, this is how it works. Remember conservatives do not think the problem is management, its labor, therefore the corporations will be backed overtly, until they screw up the whole thing again. This is EXACTLY what I told you about way back,
no thought, or self evaluation, get back in there a do the same thing.

Repeat

to the rest

Neocons slither forth from your self imposed hiding spots, the GOP is back baby!!!!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by la2
I'm in the UK and this has really had my interest the past week or so, and is it just me, or does Scott Browns acceptance speach sound like a Presidential campaign speech?

Scott Brown for president 2012 - We Can Do Better?

sounds good, or maybe a Palin/Brown ticket?

I have heard that all over the internet tonight,

Check out Drudge, in big red letters,

NOW... WILL HE RUN FOR PRESIDENT?

It is to soon to tell, but his speech certainly seemed presidential.

You know, he has "it."

I got a headline

"BROWN, THE REAL MESSIAH?"

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
reply to post by candide

I have a small suggestion for you and then a true statement. My suggestion, get your news from more than one source. Try watching MSNBC and *gasp* Fox. You should be able to work out the truth from those different views.

My statement, Republicans are big government, Democrats are pat you on the head and control every aspect of your lives REALLY BIG government.

And Republicans like to mitigate peoples behavior
Oh and think Corporations are gods gift to man kind

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This was definitely the first major litmus test for the Obama administration and the Democratic congress and the people have spoken:

YOU FAIL

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Star and Flag brother!

Here we go! Putting The USA back on track!
G_D Bless America!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

reply to post by candide

Huh? I check an almost ridiculous number of media sources, why the judgement?

I do watch Fox, but if you were in the same room, you would hear me giving my commentary. The main thing they do is the lie by omission, they also seem to make statements that are purely opinion and do their best to make it seem like fact. Fox=corporatist propaganda.

Progressives are not the same as democrats. Obama tapped into the progressive movement for his campaign but has thrown us under the bus since he has been elected.

Progressives and social libertarians have a lot in common. Fox caters to the neocons and social conservatives. The social conservatives being the sad dupes of the corporatists. The corporatists keep promising them things like outlawing gay marrage, outlawing stem cell research and outlawing abortion but never quite deliver. If they ever did, they would lose their useful fools. They are in it to make money. Period.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
That's fantastic, congratulations Mass! Best news I've heard this year, down with the healthcare bill, down with those closed door deals, down with the carbon tax, cap & trade, the Obama-union crooked Chicago politics payola!!

Right now Brown looks like a hero because he slayed the dragon. He is a lawyer and lawyers debate well but don't make good politicians.

We'll see how he does long term. But to throw a monkey wrench in that corrupt healthcare bill was well worth it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by johnny2127

Star and Flag brother!

Here we go! Putting The USA back on track!
G_D Bless America!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Violater1]

What has changed, are you talking 2008 track?

The thing thats is messed up is that it appears you think this country was on the right track in recent memory, thats clueless frankly.

Any Palin/Chenny 2012

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Many people here are talking about this proposed Health Care Bill and how it would effect their lives , but the biggest problem I see in this Country going into this new decade is Unemploynent . Let's face it people , creating Jobs should be Washingtons number one priority right now IMO . This double digit Unemployment rate is unexceptable , and will only create a domino effect in reducing consumer spending , and killing off most small businesses . It seems to me that both Republicans and Democrats are doing Very Little in adressing this concern that will eventually futher weaken our already sagging Economy . ..........

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by candide

reply to post by candide

Fox caters to the neocons and social conservatives. The social conservatives being the sad dupes of the corporatists. The corporatists keep promising them things like outlawing gay marrage, outlawing stem cell research and outlawing abortion but never quite deliver. If they ever did, they would lose their useful fools. They are in it to make money. Period.

I disagree. When a "credible" news caster starts crying on national television because Bush won an election, there's a problem with the media. I hate corporate America and I watch Fox. Fox News Network exists because the other media stations are flaming liberals.
Fox caters the the Tea Party members, some Republicans and some Independents. Right now, there is a need for them. I am not saying they are always right and I have seen some shoddy reporting on that station but they offer an opposing voice to the other guys.
That's important.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by sisgood]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by sisgood]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
First Republican to hold that office since 1953! 56 years of the same old thing.

Listen, I understand how a lot of you people feel when you say that there is no difference between Reps and Dems and that it's going to be the same screw job with a different face. I used to think along the same lines.
BUT ...
I honestly believe that the new class of politicians are seeking office because they are just as fed and tired of how things are going as we are. Given the downfall that our country has been going through for the last 10 years or so. Fighting two wars that don't seem to have an advantageous outcome or signs of ending any time soon. Elected officials stomping on the U.S. Constitution and impeding on our rights and privacy. Our job market and economy going in the crapper. Plus, this health care reform that is just too damn ridiculous to even believe that our government is trying to shove it down our throats.

Some people have finally decided to take a stand against what has been going on by running for office. A new breed of forward thinking people are running for local, state, and federal offices.

That's exactly why I am running for office, and why I have been trying to encourage other ATS members to run for their local offices. Whether you're Republican, Democrat, Tea Party, Independent or whatever. If you're wishing for things to get better .. Do your part and make things better. If you don't want to run for office, then support the people that are running for office that you think will make things better, regardless of party.

Disengage the "I hate politicians" autopilot thought processes and start supporting those people that are brave enough to fight the good fight for We The People.

I think we're going to be seeing a younger, more honest, constitutional driven pool of candidates that want to get this country back to where we used to be. I hope that when and if the day evers comes that I'm seeking a bigger state office or even a federal office, that there aren't people on ATS trying to pigeonhole me into that "same dick, different haircut" category.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Detailed Perfection]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

Where are you running? I'd vote for an ATS member...

they tend to do this thing called thinking.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join