It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE NEWS: BROWN WINS! Coakley calls Brown to Concede Election in Massachusetts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A lot of people in mass don’t like coakley. There are a lot of reasons for that. She turned off a lot of people, dems included. I think people that don’t live in this state don’t understand why she was so disliked. Brown has been around for a while and kept a fairly low profile so he didn’t really anger people like she did. She has a very long list of nonsense.

It wasn’t as much partisan, or healthcare.
She ran a bad campaign and she had way too much baggage.
Not one of my liberal friends voted for her. Hate is kind of a strong word but that’s the one they used.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Great. Just what we need. Another well manicured, Blow dried used car salesman as "statesman." Not that his opponent was any better. Keep voting Dem/Rep. You'll kepp theTPTB very, very happy.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
PEOPLES SEAT YEAH!!!!

TELL YOUR SENATOR YOU WANT YOUR SEAT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

If Obama has been trying his best then you, the people who voted him in, should feel cheated as his "best" is woefully inadequate.

Obama was the one who sold you all on "change we can believe in" and a new way to do politics. He was the one who said he could bring all of this together. You people were warned about his lack of experience and you thumbed your noses at those warnings. So now you blame his inadequecies on Congress. He has FAILED to mobilize the members of Congress the way he promised back when he was campaigning. Face it - Obama is a loser.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hopefully, the American people are beginning to realize that things just don't go well when EITHER political party is in "absolute" power. We got screwed with Bush, (and yes I voted for him because I did not want an environut as President and Kerry SCARED me) and now we're being screwed again with Obama and his merry little band of progressives.

I'm an independent and firmly believe that if you ALWAYS vote along party lines... you're an idiot.

America works best when both parties and independents are equal sharers in power. If you have a Democratic President, it is best to have a slight but not super Republican majority; if you have a Republican President the opposite is true.

It's called checks and balances people, look it up.

Unfortunately, the American people as a whole are mindless sheep who couldn't find their way out of a dark room with a flashlight and a map. Hopefully, in 2010 the GOP trend with continue and the Republicans can gain a slight majority because people, on their own certainly won't realize that anytime one party - any party is in control, the American people get screwed.

I just hold out hope that perhaps some of the newscasters will catch on. Sheep listen to the news and if the news broadcasts it, the sheep will believe and move on to greener pastures.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Since there is no clear difference between Dem and Repub anymore, can someone explain to me how Brown's win is a "good thing"? Is there some "victory" for the people here I am missing?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
Since there is no clear difference between Dem and Repub anymore, can someone explain to me how Brown's win is a "good thing"? Is there some "victory" for the people here I am missing?

Someone can say it better then me, but this is a break from party lines IMHO,

I heard Scott mention independents twice in his speech, also this was people from all parties sending a message of discontent to Washington.

VOTI

[edit on 113131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Well I suspect if there had been anyone else to vote for they would have. TPTB have a very good system for keeping everybody else off the ballots.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This was about Obama. It's not just that Obama is a loser, it's that Obama is a liar and a loser, and everybody knows it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I put it better in the post directly above yours, but NEITHER party should have complete control. I'm happy the Republican won because it might temper Democratic stupidity.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

More than anything it's a win for common sense. The people from the most liberal state in the nation have stood up and told Congress that they aren't buying into their shenanigans anymore. They have told the far left that if you try to pass crap by the American people, even with the help of the mainstream media, that the people ARE paying attention and won't stand idly by while Reid, Pelosi and Obama seek to destroy the nation's economy, simply because they wanted to pass legislation that has been tried and failed for decades.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by skunknuts

If Obama has been trying his best then you, the people who voted him in, should feel cheated as his "best" is woefully inadequate.

Obama was the one who sold you all on "change we can believe in" and a new way to do politics. He was the one who said he could bring all of this together. You people were warned about his lack of experience and you thumbed your noses at those warnings. So now you blame his inadequecies on Congress. He has FAILED to mobilize the members of Congress the way he promised back when he was campaigning. Face it - Obama is a loser.

Yeah. The Obama magic is gone.
He even turned on the reverberation sound effect on his microphone
when he went up there to boost Coakley.

Trying to sound like a preacher.

Go home to Chicago Obama. We are on to your stupid little tricks.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood

I'm happy the Republican won because it might temper Democratic stupidity.

Damn straight.

Second line.

la2

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm in the UK and this has really had my interest the past week or so, and is it just me, or does Scott Browns acceptance speach sound like a Presidential campaign speech?

Scott Brown for president 2012 - We Can Do Better?

sounds good, or maybe a Palin/Brown ticket?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I can agree with what you guys said. I think this is just an "Anti Incumbent" style scream being heard. And it's a message to Washington that no matter who the man/woman is that is running, if the party in power doesn't cut it, they gotta get out of town.

I could call it a 'victory' I guess. But I'm so Anti Government these days , my cynicism doesn't allow me.

*shrugs*

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is a big boost for those who want an overhaul of the status quo..

I couldn't imagine a more impressive example of the peoples' voice being heard...

This can only fuel the fire to get rid of all incumbents, come this November..

REP or DEM.. they are the same.. it's time for new blood, if you have an Independent that can be elected.. elect them..

If not, elect those who would be a breath of fresh air in DC.. regardless of party.

It's time to clean house, this remarkable election should make it clear...

WE DO HAVE A VOICE...

and it is still heard..

OK, stepping down off the soapbox... I choose not to look at the party here more the precedent set by this election..

forgive me for having hope

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
This is a big boost for those who want an overhaul of the status quo..

I couldn't imagine a more impressive example of the peoples' voice being heard...

This can only fuel the fire to get rid of all incumbents, come this November..

REP or DEM.. they are the same.. it's time for new blood, if you have an Independent that can be elected.. elect them..

If not, elect those who would be a breath of fresh air in DC.. regardless of party.

It's time to clean house, this remarkable election should make it clear...

WE DO HAVE A VOICE...

and it is still heard..

OK, stepping down off the soapbox... I choose not to look at the party here more the precedent set by this election..

forgive me for having hope

I VERY much agree we should all have an Anti Incumbent movement at the forefront of all our collective "ideas". Send them all a message that if they can't cut it within their 4 or 6 years allotted time frame, they gotta get get the F out.

I'd love to see all incumbents, Dem or Rep, out on the streets, replaced by not so "connected" new people. Hell, I'd even support a lottery system.

"John the Garbage Guy...ticket stub #12748435....you're the next Representative from D.C...here's your Constitution....now go do some good"

I can dream.......

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Not meaning to troll here but all politicians are "good" or they wouldn't get elected. Most of them are likable, as was Barry, before he was exposed for what he is.

What matters is will he walk the walk or just be another shill for the PTB and what will the PTB do in response? Will another senator suddenly be compromised to get the health care bill passed? Don't count the dems/marxists out yet- they are quickly shredding the Constitution to their advantage.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
reply to post by jam321

The problem was that Obama has TRIED to be too bipartisan.

CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll. Jan. 8-10, 2010. N=1,021 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"Now thinking specifically about the health insurance plans available to most Americans, would you favor or oppose creating a public health insurance option administered by the federal government that would compete with plans offered by private health insurance companies?"

Favor Oppose Unsure
% % %

1/8-10/10

54 46 1

Very true. The reason Dems are losing support has nothing to do with tea baggers and other marginal movements. Its that they got elected by promising to act on progressive ideas, got millions of grassroot progressives to volunteer. Then screwed their base by being republican light once they got power.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join