It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Projection

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hello all,

1st, Thanks for Skyfloating for a interesting and important thread. At the first when I saw this thread I knew that it wouldn't attract mass posting as you pointed out too - I wonder why that is, for this is a topic that should interest everyone

Each time we think something about of something, we should also think the reasons why we just thought that; or rather instead of thinking about the reasons, we should be conscious about them. Indeed almost all insults and denials projected here on ATS are based on the fear that: "Oh noes, he/she with his/her comments are threatening my world view, I must defend, vigorously!". And that is regardless of better knowledge whether one is wrong or right.

2nd, for Watcher-in-the-shadows, stars for your thoughts. Indeed, I also find myself often being critical and in-denial towards thoughts of other people. Then it occurs to me that we all are having different understanding about the reality, and it is not my task to correct anyone - nor it is my task to force anyone to think in similar ways that I do.

-v

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I figured looking at Projection isnt too popular around here, but zero replies? Wow

From time of post to this complaint is only 6 minutes. Are you projecting a sense of over importance?

Actually, I found it to be an interesting read.

Another good example of projection is the way people who are hearing impaired will often speak very loud as they project their deafness on others.

Another way we project is to transfer human qualities to our pets. "Green is Fluffy's favorite color" and other such nonsense statements as people presume to speak on an animals behalf.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
From time of post to this complaint is only 6 minutes. Are you projecting a sense of over importance?

No it wasnt. Look again.

By the time I had posted that, it was about the 12th thread on the Forum list. And after that there were no replies for several days - not a single one.

Not that there is anything wrong with that of course. It was a matter of curiosity.

Another good example of projection is the way people who are hearing impaired will often speak very loud as they project their deafness on others.

Now that you mention it I remember...

Another way we project is to transfer human qualities to our pets. "Green is Fluffy's favorite color" and other such nonsense statements as people presume to speak on an animals behalf.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

All "sides" of any issue.
Second lines love trees!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

And you sir are projecting. You are answering arguments I never made. All I said was that your stance of "I wish it was true" was nothing more than words that makes you sound like you are less holding to a illogical bias towards the answer to a perhaps unanswerable question and attempting to pretend that somehow "evidence" and "proof" supports you despite even strong wishes otherwise. Otherwords it's a PAINFULLY obvious ruse with obvious objectives.

Not mention your stance is illogical. Lack of proof is not proof of existence OR lack of existence, which is what logic dictates. But then again from past experience I know you think I am religious because I oppose you, which strengthens my analysis.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You enable and affrim delusional thought. This is why i oppose you...

You are the one who promotes agreeing with everyones delusions because you cant "prove" they dont exist. When a mother comes to you with blood on her hands saying she killed her children because the devil was after them... you can agree with her to and tell her how right she was for stopping satan from stealing there souls.... after all you cant say she was wrong for doing it.

You believing i think your religious only shows me how right i am.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Really now? By promoting tolerance and understanding instead of self-righteous condemnation of ideas that I do not agree with and through bias blinded selective perception convincing myself that somehow MAGICALLY this idea causes mankind's darker nature to be, I am delusional?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yes you are delusional because according to your own logic you would have to agree with a mother who kills her own children. You cant prove she ISNT right. Or the people who hear voices in their heads telling them to go murder babies in a hospital... your logic prevents you from dissagreeing with them also.

Because you take the stace that all ignorant imaginary fairytales are true untill some "unobtainable imaginary proof" appears..... this means youve got alot of gods to pray to, unless your just to weak to draw a line in the sand online.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Yes you are delusional because according to your own logic you would have to agree with a mother who kills her own children.

By putting your friendly fellow ATSers in the company of child-murderers you are projecting something onto that friendly fellow ATSer that is not there.

Neither is any of us particularly religious, so you're really projecting here, arent you?.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Wertdagf you seem to denounce religion in every thread you post in! I wonder what that says about YOU?
Haha, oh wait.. what does me saying this about you say about me? Argh...!

Psychology is great in small doses.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Im saying you HAVE to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

You have to pick a side. You have to tell the child murderer they are WRONG or RIGHT in their descisions. If you refuse to do that then you might as well be dead, because you are useless to humanity and all of the universe.

We throw down our staves and turn them into snakes... then one devours the other. Atleast thats how they discribe it in the bible.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Im saying you HAVE to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

You have to pick a side. You have to tell the child murderer they are WRONG or RIGHT in their descisions. If you refuse to do that then you might as well be dead, because you are useless to humanity and all of the universe.

You wont get anyone around here disagreeing with that.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I have put my line in the sand... i pick up my sword and i charge at anyone holding a weapon in sight hoping for it to be the death of everything i know.

This is the differance between us.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I am sure Sky appreciates the wonderful example of projection you are providing. Now, where exactly did I take that stance? Where exactly did I say I agree with murder of any sort for any reason hm? I am talking a quote here, not some sort of blind and ignorant character asessment from you. Because I do not wish to attempt to force a belief on anyone I agree with infanticide? And since you seem to not understand what logic means:

Main Entry: log·ic
Pronunciation: \ˈlä-jik\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English logik, from Anglo-French, from Latin logica, from Greek logikē, from feminine of logikos of reason, from logos reason — more at legend
Date: 12th century
1 a (1) : a science that deals with the principles and criteria of validity of inference and demonstration : the science of the formal principles of reasoning (2) : a branch or variety of logic (3) : a branch of semiotic; especially : syntactics (4) : the formal principles of a branch of knowledge b (1) : a particular mode of reasoning viewed as valid or faulty (2) : relevance, propriety c : interrelation or sequence of facts or events when seen as inevitable or predictable d : the arrangement of circuit elements (as in a computer) needed for computation; also : the circuits themselves
2 : something that forces a decision apart from or in opposition to reason
— lo·gi·cian \lō-ˈji-shən\ noun

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You said that just because there is no evidence it doesnt mean it isnt reality.

Therefore if a mother comes to you saying that the devil is trying to steal her babies body and she must kill it because the voices in her head told her to......

What leg do you have to stand on to tell her that she is wrong? What leg do you have to stand on to stop her? You have drawn NO LINE and have used only flowery language to appear to agree with everything.

You have done the opposite of me.

"Simple. Don't be a denier. Consider all arguments, give them all their fair shake. Not just the ones that suite you."

"All "sides" of any issue."

"Problem being, the "truth" is a subjective thing. Only those who can't see beyond their own boxes think otherwise. Which is most of humanity admittedly."

AKA infanticide.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Most certainly have not. Like your statement about wishing it did exist it is a stance taken to support your rather biased view. Also, if you going to quote me quote me completely, what I said was:

Lack of proof is not proof of existence OR lack of existence, which is what logic dictates.
Do I need to break it down into simpler terms?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

No skippy, where did I say VERBATIM infanticide was acceptable or even everything, every action is acceptable? Seeing as to how you changed your post.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Thats what delusion dictates........

Logic would dictate that you should NOT conduct your life with concideration of thing to which there are is no evidence. Or even support openly the deluded actions of others who live their lives according to things to which there are no evidence.

i cant live my life thinking that i will someday sit on an invisible purple unicorn unless i do the invisible unicorn dance to make it move first.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Hate to inform you we do not live in a black and white world. Just because I think people should be allowed to believe what they wish does not mean I think they can harm people. In fact quite the opposite, but I don't expect you to believe that given past antics. So, any further things you wish to project upon me to suite your self-righteous ideological crusade?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

And no, logic dictates that a null answer NOT a no answer is required as the needed information to make a informed decision does not exist and is perhaps non-existent. Something more altogether to convince one's self that contrary beliefs are somehow inherently dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join