It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Projection

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

yes one more thing

According to your logic the first thing you would HAVE say to this deluded insane woman is..... "well you might be right that the devil is taking your childs body and that you might have to kill your child to protect it." We have no proof that it CANT happen... We have no proof that the devil DOESNT take childrens souls.... we have no proof that you DONT have to kill them to stop the process.

So how can you possibly help prevent the death of this womans chidlren when you take such a flasid approach.... you would get done explaining to her how you cant say she is WRONG and the children would aready be hacked to peices and in body bags.

Just dont become a 911 emergency operator. You would get alot of people killed with your openmindedness.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

And there you go assuming once again.................
You do not know how I would respond and are twisting my words beyond their context to support your equally twisted view. Really care to know how I would respond? Alright I shall tell you not that I expect you to believe it but instead I am sure you will use some cop-out to keep your illogical self-righteous iconoclastic view and further convince yourself your right.
If someone told me that I would make sure they sought help or at the very least made sure they couldn't do what you say they would. Otherwords I would move to protect the child.
Also it's worth noting that such things are not a given and not pre-ordained to happen if someone has spiritual beliefs which you assume that it is.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I haven't really read through this thread but what does your analogy and discussion have to do with psychological projection?

If, for the sake of argument, you were a 911 operator you would obviously treat the woman like a loony (no offense) and get her help as soon as possible, all the while in your head treating the possibility of such an event as true. You don't have to act on your thoughts, just as many people don't think about their acts.

I'm sure I'm on the wrong track though because I don't know what yas are talking about.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You would move to prevent something you have no evidence of being wrong?

Do you think the devil is imaginary? Do you not think god will protect the children himself? There has to be some basis of logic to your actions... although you give none. Its almost like your saying you blindly throw darts at a board to decide what to do....

because afterall you cant PROVE shes wrong. So just keep talking out of one side of your mouth to pretend to agree with everyones delusions... and then out of left field when a dart hits the intervene sticky note youll call for the cops.

You definitly are a watcher in the shadows. Afraid to be seen.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
In another thread, a fellow poster used deflection in her post. I, in response, linked this thread. Does this make me a projector? Or, by linking this thread, do I become a deflector myself?

Argggg!

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

And you are not paying attention.

Cue self-righteous response insinuating you know me better than I know me.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

When are you going to finnaly believe that what i want is for what i have created to be distroyed and for all that i know to be confused. Im making a huge target.... all you have to do is form an oppinion with more substance than we dont "know" everything, Or that i couldnt possibly know you better than you know yourself.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I have my opinions thank you very much. But, I am smart enough to know my opinion is not the be all end all of reality. Unlike some people. Getting lost in my own illusions is not a goal of mine.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

My friend you are someone who above all else just needs to be deeply loved and cared for a really long time. It seems like all the messages you bring to this forum are just meant to bum people out, and even your avatar looks wretched. It's as if negativity is all you know. Which is why I say someone needs to track you down and love the hell out of you. Because that is literally what will happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Just be ready... so when you learn that i am right you will not despair. This is what i fear... i fear your own dissapointment.... your own desire to not live in a world where magical things do not exist.

I do focus to much on the future. I just want all of you to be ready to live in it with me. i dont think alot of us will make it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ahhh son I am a hardy, survivalist country boy mofo. I'm looking forward to hungrily munching down pine needles, holed up hiding in the mountains during harsh winter. That's about my cup of tea, literally (you can make tea out of chopped pine needles, which have 5x the vitamin C of oranges -- prevents scurvy during winter). Down under the Earth to boot because I'm paranoid of heat vision singling out people trying to survive. Also near suburbs because I'm also paranoid of being too isolated in the wild for the same reason. Trust me, I am your classic "paranoid" except with a happy face.

I know "s" is going to "htf" but man that's what history's all about. I'm just happy to be alive in such a time, everybody has to die eventually but not many people get to live in such interesting times as these!

I still say somebody needs to hunt you down and love the hell out of you, lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Im afraid we have differnt veiws of the apocalypse. You are adressing all sorts of physical stresses without recognizing the point at which i fear you are weakest. Its your spiritual crutches.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

What do you think is going to happen that's so bad exactly?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Well since i am apparantly the one whos the perfect example of projecting i suppose its on topic.

I believe that religion will be completely destroyed. Artificial intelligences that mirror humanity will be created and the intricate workings of the human mind will be displayed for all to see. The mechanistic understanding of reality will remove all concepts of freewill and create a new concept. Belief in deitys and the soul will be seen for what they really are.

Many will have grown up expecting a reality that does not exist. Many will lose sight of the hope that they will see their loved ones in heaven. They will choose to die.... they will choose to give up living in a reality that no longer suits them. It is going to be a great and terrible day.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Sounds like a great science fiction movie. And I can see that your view there depends on your own views that the human mind and reality really ARE mechanistic and deterministic, which are views I don't happen to share.

Looks like I'm going to be expecting one of the realities you don't think will come to pass. That's fine with me though; most people on this planet disagree with me on a lot of things.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I just want you to be ready for me to be right. There are goign to be so many people dropping like flies. This is why i can say i hope im wrong... its only your future mental suffering in my veiw of reality that bothers me.

Wouldnt my reality just devestate you? Just take a second to imagine it.

Imagine.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Yeah, you are basically saying everyone is going to wake up to such a "grim" reality that they have an anti-orgasm and kill themselves out of wretched hopelessness?

I don't see me killing myself so I don't really know what the problem is unless terminators are going to start coming for me.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
In another thread, a fellow poster used deflection in her post. I, in response, linked this thread. Does this make me a projector? Or, by linking this thread, do I become a deflector myself?

You`ve probably become a deflecting projector

In any case, I made this thread primarily so that people could link it in their post when they are dealing with extreme-projectors

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Well since i am apparantly the one whos the perfect example of projecting i suppose its on topic.

I believe that religion will be completely destroyed.

A-ha! ..and of course religion is the first point you addressed.

Anyhow, you seem hellbent (excuse the pun) on there being some 'revelation' that will force the human species to see themselves "as they really are". Since this isn't a psychology forum it would be wrong, not to mention intrusive, to publicly announce how I view the inner-workings of your mind however I would like to ask you WHY you see reality in this way? U2U me if necessary.

What makes you so sure that there are no deities, or that the deities that exist are evil? What makes you so sure you know what the truth is about humans? Is not that just as naive as believing in God?

I, personally, see nothing wrong with a belief in (a) God - especially if it allows the person with that belief to live a happier life and make other peoples lives happier. Even if there is no God, surely you can see how the teachings (that put forward love, not hatred) are beneficial to society. Furthermore, if there is no God.. and we ARE just animals that are lucky (or unlucky to you I assume) to have consciousness and the ability to live and evolve mentally the way we have - why should this be a sad or depressing thing? Why is it so bad that we have created a reality that isn't natural to us?
This reality is all we know to be true.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Projection is an unconscious process. It is difficult for anybody to detect his or her projection unaided, and few other people can be relied upon to provide good advice about it. Almost everyone we deal with, after all, has an ax to grind. Almost everyone we deal with also is prone to their own projections.

Sometimes, though, you can work out higher or lower odds. Not to pick on anybody, but

Another good example of projection is the way people who are hearing impaired will often speak very loud as they project their deafness on others.

Probably not.

Speech performance requires feedback about yourself speaking. If you have learned to speak by relying on hearing yourself, then if your hearing declines, speaking louder is a lot cheaper than learning how to rely on bone conduction, if you still have that, or jaw muscle reafference.

"Green is Fluffy's favorite color" and other such nonsense statements as people presume to speak on an animals behalf.

Could be, but maybe not. Presumption isn't projection. All human inference is subject to error, and while projection is a source of error, it isn't the only source by a long shot.

Assuming that Fluffy can make any color discriminations (what usually passes for color blindness is the inability to make some color discriminations that another animal can make, as opposed to the inability to experience color at all), then there would be no a priori reason to suppose Fluffy couldn't have preferences in the matter.

I could be mistaken in my inference drawn from seeing Fluffy sleeping a green sofa, and never on an "otherwise identical" red one, and other overt and consistent demonstrations of vertiphilia, but it is clearly my conscious inference that is being expressed, not my unconscious contents.

Just to even things up, I'll agree with the quoted poster that the second post in this thread was unusually hasty. What is troubling about that haste is that it was accompanied by the unfounded imputation of a motive to the leisurely pace of reply (obviously refuted by the volume of subsequent posts, which have appeared in abundance, and in good time).

And that's the good news about projection: we never have to diagnose it in others (unless that is our job, and we have been hired by the person in question to do that sort of thing). We need only establish whether or not the proposition in play is well-founded. That can be resolved impersonally.

We never reach the question of why a particular unfounded assertion is put forward. Founded is good, unfounded is bad. Story ends.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join