It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin gets 100G for mag cover

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As I can see, you foolish americans will make her president in 2012 - so she has one year to destroy the whole earth - that fits.

I know she has a kind of rough, sadomasochic aura, and the most of you think she is sexy (in a cheap manner). She will use this fact until she has the Power to bring america 200 years back in time...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
OHHHH NOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

www.palin4pres2012.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Any news if she already has been offered to pose for Playboy yet? it seems that big interest is all over guarding her back.

Wake up people she is been prop like a Saviour on the cross and people are falling for it.

Big interest funding her political career now.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is my fear - if you are dumb enough:

Palin’s Dangerous Anti-Intellectualism:

sarahpalintruthsquad.wordpress.com...

forgot this?

or this???!!!!!

PLEASE.....

[edit on 17-1-2010 by cushycrux]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Excellent scary point, we shouldn't underestimate her ability to leverage all the publicity and money she has been receiving into a run for a higher office.

Ronald Reagen, Sonny Bono, Jesse Ventura & now Al Frankin show how easy it is to make the transition from celebrity/actor to positions of great power and influence.

If at this time next year, the accolades and interest in her hasn't died, i think it would be fair to say that the GOP has her positioned for "greatness".

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Palin is demonized, scrutinized, villified, and made fun of for one reason....she is effective.

A strong effective female conservative is the Liberals worst nightmare!

I got some word of advice for you lefties out there. If someone or something offends you so bad, try to hide it! Us Conservatives have realized a long time ago, that if liberals hate something, then it might be a good thing, and it usually is!

Effectiveness is easily seen on ATS, just start a thread about Palin, Cheney, Limbaugh and you will see what I am talking about!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

How can they all forget this in one year, listen:

But you know, I'am a leftist....so I don't understand people on the right, right, mega right people.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

OMG
You mean she would whip this country into shape and we'ld enjoy it!! .... Maybe some voters feel they need her to do this to them ... OTOH I really like her boots!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
$100,000 is actually really low..

Celebrities take in a million for one shot on average..

.. and Sarah Palin is a celebrity

I don't see the issue besides jealousy.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
That would be Fox News, not faux. Saying faux is really very grade schoolish and may have been cute when the first person came up with it years ago, but saying it now makes you look foolish and uneducated.

I'd say censoring someone's parlance is childish and uneducated, as well as rude.

Perhaps if we only spoke in Latin or Ancient Greek you'd be happier non?

As for Palin... Celebrity is just another way of keeping the news from important matters, the sooner we stop watching it the faster we'll get something worthwhile done.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
A strong effective female conservative is the Liberals worst nightmare!

I got some word of advice for you lefties out there. If someone or something offends you so bad, try to hide it! Us Conservatives have realized a long time ago, that if liberals hate something, then it might be a good thing, and it usually is!

What you have described is analogous to a self-centered punchy know-it-all teenager mouthing off to a much more worldly aware adult. The public persona/personality of the conservative is such that callous tough talk and minimal understanding of others reigns supreme. It's almost as if the developmental stage of the right is frozen in high school... and on a larger time scale frozen as far back as the 50's.

Palin fills this role perfectly. What scares me is to see so many people championing her as someone to be proud of. How soon i forget about the demographic that put shrub in power.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye

What you have described is analogous to a self-centered punchy know-it-all teenager mouthing off to a much more worldly aware adult.

Liberals considered adults?

I know it is early, but that is the funniest thing I heard all day.

"If you are 20 and are a liberal you have a heart. But if you are 40 and are still a liberal you have no brain." Paraphrasing the Churchill quote.

Liberals are well known for being wrong on just about everything. Being wrong on every issue leads to hatred for those who are right. This explains Palin, Cheney, and Limbaugh.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sarah Palin could be doing a lot of things with her time to prepare her for any kind of serious political activity in the future.

However, instead of doing diplomatic work, international relations, political coordination, aiding with the war effort/learning, etc, etc, etc she is taking on the role of the standard political hack and displaying all signs of said hackery.

I feel, that while some will be enamored by... well who knows really, most will turn against her and she will train wreck any GOP attempt to use her.

She will be destroyed again, and her words and actions during this time used against her to great effect. She is not a rogue, but another similar cog in the wheel.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
"If you are 20 and are a liberal you have a heart. But if you are 40 and are still a liberal you have no brain." Paraphrasing the Churchill quote.

Liberals are well known for being wrong on just about everything. Being wrong on every issue leads to hatred for those who are right. This explains Palin, Cheney, and Limbaugh.

Applause! ...for flipping the whole reality on it's head, a favorite technique among the "righteous". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to note how the three figures you have listed have used the craft of spin to distort reality to their own advantage, while leaving their fellow citizens to clean up after the mess their warped ideologies create. These are very selfish childish foolish misguided people, no one worthy of praise or defense, let along a set at the adult table.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I almost thought for a minute I want to get a job doing this.

Then I realized I do not look like Sarah Palin. I am some ugly guy.

Therefore, that sucks, because I cannot just go do a super easy job like hers overnight.

I will do mag covers for 50 G each though! Half Price!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye

Sarah Palin and her daughter, Bristol, earned an eye-popping $100,000 for their new In Touch Weekly cover, sources say. For just eight hours' work at her own home, Palin pocketed nearly as much as her $125,000-a-year salary as Alaska governor. It seems her decision to quit her political role is making big financial sense. Palin also reportedly earns $100,000 per public-speaking engagement, while she has a multiyear deal as a Fox News Channel analyst. Reps for the magazine and Palin refused to comment on the deal. But in a classic example of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, Bristol -- who gave birth to son Tripp in 2008 after a brief liaison with Playgirl-posing flop Levi Johnston -- told In Touch the experience has made her a born-again virgin and announced, "I'm not going to have sex until I'm married. I can guarantee it."

Read more: www.nypost.com...

What's up with this, what appears to be an endless flow of easy money? ...and for what... accomplishment/talent? ...is this some sort of a new politico-celebrity status niche she has tapped into? ...or could she be fulfilling some hole in the soul of the GOP? Please someone enlighten me, for i am completely baffled.

Reminds me when I was watching Cable News reports of celebrities getting so much money to appear on a magazine.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Jeez, you guys have to bring political crap into everything don't you? Use your brains folks. Sarah will NOT be nominated for 2012. Anyone that thinks differently is deluded and desperate.

Secondly, what's wrong with her using her popularity and looks to make a living? I'm waiting on that Playboy issue Marg. Then again, I'm a pig.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So she got paid for a magazine cover. Big freakin deal.

And how much does Clinton, Bush (both of them), and every other former political hack gets paid for a speech? I wonder how much Obama will be charging for speeches when he gets kicked to the curb in 2012?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
And let me guess...you actually think Michelle Obama didn't get paid BIG $$$$ for posing and being on like 12 magazine covers? This is no story, no big deal, no anything...simply a woman making money off her looks, just like MANY other women do, and they make a HELL of a lot more that $100g's when they pose....clothed or naked.

Again..NON issue, unless you get off on bashing someone for kicks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join