It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin gets 100G for mag cover

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm glad i don't think in such narrow and shallow terms. I think there's a lot to learned by asking why... especially about the popularity of someone who doesn't possess any redeeming qualities. From what i have gathered by her most avid supporters here, that she is loved her "spirit" for lack of a better word, her unapologetic stance on values that most Christians hold dear.

...and that might just be the crux of the enigma right there, if you are one of the few who gain enough visibility to speak up for the bible-thumpers, it doesn't matter if you sound like an idiot and aren't qualified for the job, they will vote for you, because in their world if you repeat some of the rhetoric they hear every sunday morning, then you can do no wrong for they know god will show you the way when you are lost.

Am i getting closer?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
...and that might just be the crux of the enigma right there, if you are one of the few who gain enough visibility to speak up for the bible-thumpers, it doesn't matter if you sound like an idiot and aren't qualified for the job, they will vote for you,

Wasn't Obama in a black church today?
Obama sounds like an idiot, he definately isn't qualified for the job, and 99% of the congregation voted for him.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

especially about the popularity of someone who doesn't possess any redeeming qualities.

i.e.

Obama, his wife, almost ALL movie stars, and celebrity types, especially playboy models and "super" models. It sounds like your just pissed that its Palin....

What about all the shows, mags, etc...that these bimbo "models" get because of T&A??? Its the world people created...its what the majority wanted...so now we ALL live in it...

you can choose to look the other way and say who gives a hoot about all of it and enjoy your own lifestyle...or you can get caught up in it! Keep in mind, even when you complain about it, it still generates a "buzz" which brings attention to it, which brings in $$$$$$$$$....so bottom line, the folks that have NOTHING to offer us or the world accept T&A get the last laugh because their bank accounts prove people can't get enough...good or bad.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I love how all Palin supporters are as vague as she is, what is Palin effective at? She didn't accomplish anything governing Alaska, only made a fool of herself in numerous interviews and then proceeded to step down from being governor and become another talking head on a cable news channel.

Yes I find it a bit silly that she gets paid to be on magazine covers, but then again, the public is talking about her and so she will be asked to do what the magazines can make money off of.

The "conservatives" need to realize that the "liberals" aren't driven crazy by her antics, but rather find it entertaining as the personally held political views that they hold differently from Palin are made even less threatening when she can't answer basic questions. Then again, liberals need to learn that Palin is fresh for the conservatives as she is a young outspoken female, which differs from the old boring white guys that are so prevalent in American politics (on BOTH sides of this silly debate).

I do want to point out that blasted Churchill quote which I've read more times on ATS than any other quote, is a quote from a political leader from a foreign country really prove any points?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by JohnBadger]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Jeez, you guys have to bring political crap into everything don't you? Use your brains folks. Sarah will NOT be nominated for 2012. Anyone that thinks differently is deluded and desperate.

Secondly, what's wrong with her using her popularity and looks to make a living? I'm waiting on that Playboy issue Marg. Then again, I'm a pig.

I'm all for that issue also but it's pretty hard to not bring in politics when its a politician the topic is about. I don't see her even running in 2012 anyway, she is in it for the money.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Money....money......even more money.....might and power? (logic?)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Good for her....I am not american and do not know very much about american politics but from what I have understood Mrs Palin is not a very liked and bright public figure.

Therefore I say good for her.....if there are companies to pay that much money for her attention than she is a very lucky person.

Why not take the money....it is these idiots from that magazine who should be questioned.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sarah Palin repulses me for so many reasons, most of which have to do with her politics and her corruptness, dishonesty and lack of integrity. BUT... if anyone here were offered $100K to pose for a few minutes, I don't think there is ONE of us who would turn it away. I certainly wouldn't.

Yes, she's in it for the money. Yes, she's an airhead. Yes, she's a liar and a selfish conniving woman... the worst kind. And her followers don't know it and she doesn't care. But she's doing a really good job at making money. And if that's her intent, then more power to her. If people are willing to pay her money for her... whatever she's got, then I say good for her.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I feel a whole lot better about Sarah Palin making some fat cash than I do about the skeezballs of the month raking it in off the "reality shows" and walking red carpets at Hollyweird events. Then again, none of them would make a dime if there wasn't an interest.

She probably needs a better agent. I think 100k for a cover was a bargain. Cash in while you can, Sarah. I have no problem with that.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
That would be Fox News, not faux. Saying faux is really very grade schoolish and may have been cute when the first person came up with it years ago, but saying it now makes you look foolish and uneducated.

Yes...how childish to refer to such a respected news organization as "Faux"....maybe we should all watch more Fox News see how grown-ups act...

Fox News calls Michelle Obama "Obama's baby mama"
www.salon.com...

Calling the first lady a "Baby Mama" ...well that is "grade-schoolish" and frankly racist....and but a drop in the well of hateful BS that Fox produces on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

you got anything to back up these allegations of corrupution and stupidity?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

I can't blame Her for taking the money,I would also!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I find this behavior by former Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin as being nonsense. That woman is only in it for the money and not the country. However, not to single her out, but most politicians are in it for the money, fame, and notoriety.

It is no longer about legislating or governing, but about hundred-thousand- dollar speaking engagements or multimillion dollar book deals. They are cashing in our gullibility about their true intentions for seeking public office. It isn't about moving the country forward, stemming corruption, or reducing the deficit, but fattening their pockets and stroking their egos. The modern politician is repulsive money-grubber, and I am sorry, Ms. Palin falls into that space with the rest of them. To have support of the people and getting elected to govern or legislate should be a humbling experience; not a get rich quick scheme! This type of behavior is appalling, and should be vilified not celebrated.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
but we are not running for or holding public office.

i would take 100k to pose for a pic if someone wanted me to.

don't tell me anyone of our illustrious elected officials wouldn't jump at the chance to try to keep the money and stash it in their freezer.

if i was in office, i couldn't take the money but a cover is a cover, eh?

let the macho men of world leaders change their undies, sarah is coming.

lol, walk soft and carry a big stick!

hey! what ever happened to that advice?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by fooks]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate
I feel a whole lot better about Sarah Palin making some fat cash than I do about the skeezballs of the month raking it in off the "reality shows"... Then again, none of them would make a dime if there wasn't an interest.

I almost see her part in the political circus of spin alley, as a sort of reality show. The crime here is that she can do some real damage. On the note of interest, this is what fascinates me the most, that there is any interest at all... but then i feel the same way about reality shows.

She probably needs a better agent. I think 100k for a cover was a bargain. Cash in while you can, Sarah. I have no problem with that.

Actually i don't think you could find a better agent then hers, hmmm sparked my curiosity on what other clients her agent represents... might be revealing. Palin's greatest asset right now is her visibility, even without the mag money the free press she is receiving from this venture is invaluable. Remember her book is still in hardcover and she also has a part on a show at Faux News to draw people to. The higher her book sales and on air ratings... the more of an "asset" she will become.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have no problem with her making money off of the publics ignorance. What is scary to me is that there are many people out there who would support her in some stupid political bid. I think the main reason many like her, is that many americans tend to be pretty ignorant and simple.... its what we are known for, as many other countries often point out, we have no knowledge of history, of our own foreign policy, and indeed most americans are so egocentric that the rest of the worlds history and policy are largely immaterial to them. Therefore, they like Palin because she contains these same characteristics, and the media has painted her as worthwhile so it makes them perhaps feel as if they are worthwhile as well. Obviously, if she were put into a political position of more authority, she would cater to those offering her cash (as most politicians do) but she would also, i think, be much more of a complete tool in their hands, as she could be talked into doing whatever they needed. Not that Obama isnt a tool, and bush obviously was, but one more such president might be all we need to plunge us into a third world war or some other such catastrophic disaster, rebellion, economic collapse, etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Sarah is a good,down to earth Person who speaks for the average Person on the street. That is what makes Her attractive as a candidate for so many People.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDSJR1967
reply to post by pexx421

Sarah is a good,down to earth Person who speaks for the average Person on the street. That is what makes Her attractive as a candidate for so many People.

How do you know she is all the things you think she is? Could she be wearing a mask as all politicians do? Have you been to her home for dinner on numerous occasions, or gone on hunting expeditions with her in Alaska, or even sat down for an innocent cup of coffee to talk unscripted without a coach? Probably not, and personally, she hasn't been down to earth or average since the gravy train with biscuit wheels started rolling after she hit the national stage in the 2008 campaign. She is just another phony politician meticulously crafted by her MSM supporters and political party handlers.

Do you really think she has any grasp of what is going on at the moment or how to deal with the epic crap storm heading our way? This not a slight to Ms. Palin, because there are other shifty and oblivious politicians on both sides of the isle. Essentially, looking for the easy buck, as she is. I would be truly terrified if America in all its wisdom elected such a candidate as Sarah Palin in 2012. I am not joking either, because I think the job is more than she can bare.

It's as though the American voters are in a trance and have lost their critical nature when supporting a certain politician, whether it be last election or the ones proceeding. You can't pour syrup on excrement and call it pancakes! I don't mean to be disrespectful to you if you are a supporter, but I think the GOP has lost their marbles with propping up a candidate as dense as Sarah Palin. It is almost an insult to the intelligence of their supporters, party members, and voters. She may be an outstanding woman when you get to know her, but I think the President of the United States is raising the bar a little high for her, don't you think? Really think about it for a moment. . .

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

What's up with this, what appears to be an endless flow of easy money? ...and for what... accomplishment/talent? ...is this some sort of a new politico-celebrity status niche she has tapped into? ...or could she be fulfilling some hole in the soul of the GOP? Please someone enlighten me, for i am completely baffled.

I could probably ask the same of some sports celebrities. What talent/accomplishment do they have that justifies the multi-million dollar contracts, multi-10+ million dollar endorsements and speaking engagements they go to?

As far as Palin, you ask what accomplishments has she made?

* Being elected governor
* Enduring the most lie-ridden, hate-filled, yellow-journalistic attacks in memory during an election and then taking that and turning it into an advantage for her and her family like she's doing now
* A multi-million dollar grossing best-selling Book

What about some of your other politicians? How many of them would hold up under the same vicious attacks in an election year, having their families exposed and out in the open, being called every hateful name under the sun? I daresay that the majority of them would most likely eat a bullet after suffering the same humiliation Sarah Palin endured.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well, a good down to earth person is another way of what i was saying. Ie: she doesnt talk about things that may sound above their heads or worldwise.... mostly because, like them, she doesnt KNOW anything above their head or lofty or worldwise, and this comforts them because they dont like it when how little they know is reflected to them. It is her very ignorance and simpleness that makes her non-threatening to them, and it is these very characteristics that make her unable to truly stand up for the american people, or even to realise who it is that is the true enemy. The military industrial complex, and the very corporations that our congress and leaders cater too ARE the greatest threat to our freedom, our liberty, and our people, and yet palin would likely sit there as those very enemies pointed out the nations that had resources they wanted, painted THOSE nations as our enemies, and sent palin like a good little dog to fetch them, just as they did with obama and bush.

The problem with simple, down to earth americans, is that they cant fathom the truth of the battle being waged, or even the depths of depravity that our enemies would go to, and so refuse to recognize who the true enemy is, or who we should be fighting. So they buy into the pro war slogan, and accept the fact that we MUST be fighting for freedom, because the alternative reality is just too horrific, and they run off to pick up a rifle and kill muslims while the military industrial complex, our arms manufacturers, our oil industry, and contractors like KBR haliburton and blackwater just sit back and rake in all the trillions in profit. Meanwhile the rest of the country crumbles into depression, our economy collapses, and our actions inspire "terrorists" around the world to retaliate against our planes and our people, as the average american wonders, "how can they hate us so much". Why? Because our corporations and governments have been assasinating their leaders, installing dictators, establishing embargo's and sanctions on their people, and meddling in their politics and policy for decades....and yet most "simple down to earth" americans have no clue of this. So they think we are the "victims" and they are the "terrorists". Up is down, black is white. Education is bad, and ignorance, as seen with Palin, is seen as "good down to earth americanism". Thanks, I'll pass.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join