It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin gets 100G for mag cover

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

pexx you rock!
If i was a mod i'd be hitting you with multiple applauses for your input on this thread. Your articulation on Palin and her kin in mind is dead on target. Thank you for the clarity, sanity, depth and intelligence.

So they think we are the "victims" and they are the "terrorists". Up is down, black is white. Education is bad, and ignorance, as seen with Palin, is seen as "good down to earth americanism". Thanks, I'll pass.

Well said, reminds me of one of George Orwell's brilliant lines from his novel "1984":

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by whoshotJR

you got anything to back up these allegations of corrupution and stupidity?

As does anyone who actually knows about her. Just do a little research and you will find all you need to know. Heck, a trip to youtube for her greatest moments is priceless in itself.

I also work with a guy who lived in Alaska and still has family and freinds up there. She actually scares people up there.

Google about her house and you will find corruption.

Google about her stance to the bridge to nowhere and you will find how much she "stands" for issues. She flip flops not because of her morals but she just doesn't understand the issues.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Enough of Sarah Failin!
The only thing I'll give her credit for is the fact she found out a way to turn her 15 minutes of fame into 30 minutes. Now POOF! Be gone with this one hit wonder chic from the frozen Alaskan waste lands of yor.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by The Blind Eye

Sarah is a celebrity/politician.
Even James Carville says Sarah Palin is "compelling".
She already has $$$ Millions from her book selling like hotcakes.
Go Sarah!

Yeah Sarah, go away!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As for all this cheerleading for mediocracy, greed and showmanship...

from a big picture perspective there is only one positive that i can gleam. It's a warm proud feeling that all is going according to plan. For the powers that be, Shrub and his dream team were truly without a doubt a "Mission Accomplished" and now with Palin in the wings, there is promise that even more money can be made off of people's ignorance and misery. The support for Palin proves that there is still a very large active/motivated voting segment of the population, eager to punch another ballot.

My warming would be this, do not underestimate Palin's chances at a higher office, need i remind you again of our former fearless leader of the past decade? We are talking about a female version here... note all the same personality characteristics; tough-talkin, conservative, clueless, inarticulate, down-to-earth/simpleton/folksy... etc

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Some of you act as if Palin is a threat to you in some way,

More power to her,

She paid her dues,
she had to run the gauntlet of ridicule,

I Hope she laughs ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Laughing all the way to the bank is one thing. Ignorant leaders, however, are a threat to us all.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I agree with you, Blind Eye...pexx rocks!

Roger Ailes (of Fox tv) helped sell Richard Nixon (and later RR and GHW Bush) to voters via media images, and that type of marketing of image over substance has helped sell presidents since. Fox tv was ready made to crank out image over substance, helping candidates Fox favors and hindering others.

This type of image making met its match with SP, however. The distance between image and substance was too great to bridge.

The marketing of SP as the purveyor of the simple life was easy. It was the image of her as someone capable of being POTUS that was difficult, and in the end could not be pulled off with success.

There is an older interesting book, The Selling of the President (1968) by Joe McGinniss.

So the country should be thankful that this image making got derailed, and we should be disgusted with those who want to manipulate American voters. In these times of corporate control of politicians, and hence our govt and affecting our lives, we should be angry.

SP's wanting to cash in on her fame in this case is benignly human. Using her to gain votes is monstrous.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What's the saying? "A fool and their money are soon parted" Well, In Touch Weekly has parted with $100,000. Wonder how much more quickly Palin will be parted with it? Oh, I bet it's done been spent

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert

The marketing of SP as the purveyor of the simple life was easy. It was the image of her as someone capable of being POTUS that was difficult, and in the end could not be pulled off with success.

The more i go over this, her premature VP ticket was a test to gauge how well she would be embraced and vilified by the public. Like putting a new product out on the market, to test it for strengths and weaknesses. I figure 7 years before the next change-of-watch is a sufficient amount of time for them to work out the kinks in palin's public/private persona. When you consider how easy it was for her to go from beauty-queen to news-reader to governor... i can see why they picked her, she has proven herself to be a gifted chameleon/charlatan that can charm the pants off the blind (the willfully ignorant).

... interesting book, The Selling of the President (1968) by Joe McGinniss.

An excellent point/example, a brilliant expose of how a political campaign was won by the "media manipulators." It was McGinniss's contention that nixon was marketed as a POTUS just like madison ave would sell a pack of cigs. Matter of fact, the original dust cover of the book had that very image: nixon's face on a tobacco pack.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Some additional observations in support of my previous post:

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Google about her house and you will find corruption. ... Google about her stance to the bridge to nowhere and you will find how much she "stands" for issues.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here we are, 4 pages into this crap, and not one mention of the $$$$$ (five-figure) "speaking fees" Barack Obama earned while he was an elected representative of the State of Illinois.

Oh; and no mention that it is ILLEGAL to receive "speaking fees" while serving as a representative of the State of Illinois.

Hypocrites.

jw

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I think they have a name for that, it's called 'fund-raising' a necessary evil in order to win at the game. Speaking of 'speaking fees' that is one of the theories behind why palin resigned as governor, so she could capitalize on her new found name recognition as a republican icon. Why have all your speaking fees go to a campaign war-chest when you already have enough GOP political clout backing you up and grooming you for a future run. She's not a complete dumbing, she can still add and subtract.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Another key tool in palin's magic purse, is prayer. Which could explain why she has had such good fortune. From what i understand, if you are good with god, he can pull a lot of strings for you.

Interesting to note how much of her fundamentalist's views have been strategically kept out of view of the media. Yet has some how reached her demographic in faith through 'word of mouth' via a network of churches? ...or is it as simple as being public about her pro-life and pro-war views, that signals to the christain right that she is one of them?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

not for anything, dude, i'm glad things are going fine now for everyone.

why not sarah?
what more could she do that hasn't been done?

unless you don't want her pissin off other world macho leaders by being a WOMAN! who likes to hunt and doesn't mind using guns.

lol, just need some vids of her in the chopper taking out game for her run for president.

better than bush photo op in a tank or who ever that was.

"listen lil' kimmy, i'll fly in there myself and take you out"

you guys know it's all over if a woman is POTUS.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
i dont see her going for 2012 you really think shes electable after her failed govt to be a fox newscaster? no shes out for the money is all watch her debate videos she has NO grasp

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cdn_infanteer

If we didn't have shrub as an example of how such an individual could go from unelectable status to electable and win and win again, i would tend to agree with you. The publics' depth in understanding the issues and the candidates is shallow at best... and their memory is even shorter. A multi-million dollar ad campaign can change the receptions/perceptions of a product virtually over night, same is true for a politician... 7 years is a lot of time to work with... her nature is one of a chameleon so i'm sure we'll see many shades, hues and colors over the coming years, till they find just the right combination to fool enough of us to vote for her.

...and based on shrub's elections, technically she doesn't have to win by vote, ballots can be physically and electronically dismissed and others added as the powers that be see fit.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Apparently to many of you Liberals, its only bad when Palin signs books deals, or is paid for speaking engagements. Thats pretty much what all prominent politicians do, whether Republican or Democrat. Neither is wrong. You can always spot blind hatred and intolerance when you see double standards and hypocrisy of opinions and standards.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Typical black or white, all or nothing, heaven or hell ... conservative mentality. Could it just be, that the progressives are too embarrassed to have such public figures masquerading around as if they represent american values to the rest of the world and most importantly afraid that they have more of the 'bush doctrine' to come.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
reply to post by johnny2127

Typical black or white, all or nothing, heaven or hell ... conservative mentality. Could it just be, that the progressives are too embarrassed to have such public figures masquerading around as if they represent american values to the rest of the world and most importantly afraid that they have more of the 'bush doctrine' to come.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

The Progs. weren't too embarrassed when they were once holding former Presidential candidate Al Gore and his Global movement up on their respective gold plated pedestals.

How much has Al Gore earned off of his Progressive Climate Change BS??

P.S. I've got some Carbon Credits I want to sell you!

[edit on 25-1-2010 by jibeho]

[edit on 25-1-2010 by jibeho]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join