It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin gets 100G for mag cover

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Sarah Palin and her daughter, Bristol, earned an eye-popping $100,000 for their new In Touch Weekly cover, sources say. For just eight hours' work at her own home, Palin pocketed nearly as much as her $125,000-a-year salary as Alaska governor. It seems her decision to quit her political role is making big financial sense. Palin also reportedly earns $100,000 per public-speaking engagement, while she has a multiyear deal as a Fox News Channel analyst. Reps for the magazine and Palin refused to comment on the deal. But in a classic example of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, Bristol -- who gave birth to son Tripp in 2008 after a brief liaison with Playgirl-posing flop Levi Johnston -- told In Touch the experience has made her a born-again virgin and announced, "I'm not going to have sex until I'm married. I can guarantee it."

Read more: www.nypost.com...

What's up with this, what appears to be an endless flow of easy money? ...and for what... accomplishment/talent? ...is this some sort of a new politico-celebrity status niche she has tapped into? ...or could she be fulfilling some hole in the soul of the GOP? Please someone enlighten me, for i am completely baffled.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I mentioned to a friend today rather sarcastically how Sarah Palin derailed McCain's campaign, resigned the governorship, singed a lucrative book deal and became a Faux News contributor... all in the name of 'promoting the people's agenda'. Why can't her supporters see through her. I can't understand why people are so enamored with her. It's sick. I wish I could answer your question, I really do...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

Sarah is a celebrity/politician.
Even James Carville says Sarah Palin is "compelling".
She already has $$$ Millions from her book selling like hotcakes.
Go Sarah!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
She ran for vice president of our United States. Though this does not deserve a huge payout, noone cried when other politicians (ie her running mate and opponents) made any on the back end from their presence on media outlets, covers, books written, etc. But when cow girl Palin steps onto a cover we have to raise our eye brows in that "huh" kind of way. I'm not a fan of the gal one iota, but I can't hate those who get paid from publicity in this non female demoralizing way. At least they kept their shirts on...other celebrities suject themselves to more degrading behavior and are worshipped more.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven:eleven

Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air.
Did you see the lines of people lined up to buy her book?
The ratings on Fox News surge every time see shows up.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I mentioned to a friend today rather sarcastically how Sarah Palin derailed McCain's campaign, resigned the governorship, singed a lucrative book deal and became a Faux News contributor... all in the name of 'promoting the people's agenda'. Why can't her supporters see through her. I can't understand why people are so enamored with her. It's sick. I wish I could answer your question, I really do...

That would be Fox News, not faux. Saying faux is really very grade schoolish and may have been cute when the first person came up with it years ago, but saying it now makes you look foolish and uneducated.

As far as McCain's campaign, Sarah Palin did not derail it, she brought life to it. McCain is just another progressive douchebag, like Obama, and most Americans really don't like them - check the polls.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You said:
"As far as McCain's campaign, Sarah Palin did not derail it, she brought life to it. McCain is just another progressive douchebag, like Obama, and most Americans really don't like them - check the polls."

Well, I don't have to check the polls. Obama won. Case closed.

[edit on 1/17/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
That would be Fox News, not faux. Saying faux is really very grade schoolish and may have been cute when the first person came up with it years ago, but saying it now makes you look foolish and uneducated.

Well i guess that makes me an illiterate fool too. lol

Contrary to what you may think, "Faux News" is well on target, accurate, sharp and clever to boot. Other then the Daily Show, Colbert Report and The Onion... Faux News is as close to fake news as you can get but unfortunately the bulk of their viewers don't know this... and on this note to perceptions of reality, maybe the appeal of Palin is that she appears to be "real", in the same way shrub appeared "real". Real in that they spoke and acted as they were, very flawed people. Someone their supporters could feel comfortable with, a connection with, someone much like themselves... someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well you go Sarah! That much for just a cover shoot?! I do not envy her for being able to do such. I think it shows her savvy, I am sure she is aware of people's intrest in her, why a mag would sell with her cover on it, she is just using that to make herself and her family some money.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

What's up with this, what appears to be an endless flow of easy money? ...and for what... accomplishment/talent? ...is this some sort of a new politico-celebrity status niche she has tapped into? ...or could she be fulfilling some hole in the soul of the GOP? Please someone enlighten me, for i am completely baffled.

I am just as baffled as you are, the good news is I pay no attention to her, haven't watched Faux in years, she is out for the money, no other reason.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'd have some respect for her (maybe) if she donated the money she made from the cover shoot to the Haiti relief effort.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You think thats good? Try the house she got from the oil companies in Alaska, now thats really doing a great job for the public.

You go girl! YAY go Sarah!

100k if she can finally say Joe Biden or even know what groups are in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Hell, she should have been paid more.

I would have kicked in an some cash to keep her out there in the news.

I love how she makes the Dems and Libs just crazy.

Don't you love how they just fall over themselves to ridicule some podunk housewife turned governor?

It must be there fear of any smart, strong, beautiful women and she doesn't buy into the whole, oooh help me I'm lazy and I cannot work, routine.

Sorry, just trolling to keep your bash fest thread going.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Sorry, just trolling to keep your bash fest thread going.

You dear sir, are a true scholar and gentleman... NOT!

With all the input thus far, i think i might be getting my head around this evasive phenomenon. Maybe what we have been witnessing with Palin is essentially a metamorphosis from public servant to political pundette ... a very small group of women we love to hate... for speaking their twisted minds... the likes of Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Trolling eh?
I think your telling it as it is.
She's honest, kicked out some cronies that were in the GOP, helped out her state as Governor, and now she's cashin in. Go Sarah, Go Sarah, Go Sarah!

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think, Blind Eye, that one has to remember that Sarah Palin has a background as a sportscaster and beauty pageant contestant, which seems to indicate aspirations to be in the public eye. She went from relatively obscurity to public celebrity status, after the good fortune of being chosen surprisingly for VP on the GOP ticket.

She and those around her are doing nothing less than what others who also aspire to be in the public eye or cash in on their good fortune would do. There are some people who get 15 minutes of fame; Sarah is able to get a lot more minutes.

I don't begrudge her for going after the gold. In a way, it beats having to find it in the Yukon. There are Olympic athletes who cash in on this type of gold also. As long as someone can make money off of her, she will continue to be paid.

I don't see these personal ventures as setting her up to be political in the future, however. If she had chosen to stay in politics/in elected office, that would have signaled something else, but I think she is able to get out of Life what she wants, which is good for anyone to be able to do.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
To the people saying she is such a breath of fresh air and telling it like it is, you really need to learn about her.

She is not very bright.
She has verbal ticks that make it so she can't say a bunch of things.
She has no clue about any of our or the worlds history.
Her retention of info is on par with the special kids.
She was corrupt as hell in her former positions.
She turned her back on the public that voted her into office and was known as a tyrant to her community who took bribes from the big oil companies.

I don't fault her for cashing in because I probably would if I could. But lets not get crazy about the facts and her.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by whoshotJR]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by eleven:eleven

Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air.
Did you see the lines of people lined up to buy her book?
The ratings on Fox News surge every time see shows up.

If any high school dropout appeared on Jeopardy with Sarah Palin, she would go down like a cheap hooker. She has nothing. She is a bimbo. I am conservative in favor of guns and the death penalty, but I would not vote for Palin for the town dog catcher. She is a clueless attention whore.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's interesting to see so much support for her "cashing in".

I suppose it isn't any different then how politicians typically cash in after they serve their terms as public servants; being the route most often traveled from DC to wall street is to act as a lobbyist or serve as the head of a private org or on the board of numerous corporations. Which if i am following the logic laid out here correctly, means that many of you also celebrate this form of prostitution as well.

Since Palin doesn't have the skill-set that big business can milk to their advantange, she is left with her charm, good looks and house-hold name to feed the media industry that is closest in kin to Tinseltown but of a slightly different best, a genre of media outlets that insatiably feed off the creative gossip mill of spin alley.

There appears to be a hunger at the core of the conservative heart, that someone of her character is craved. How long can she satisfy this demographic, only time can tell.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction

As far as McCain's campaign, Sarah Palin did not derail it, she brought life to it. McCain is just another progressive douchebag, like Obama, and most Americans really don't like them - check the polls.

It could be he/she/it only made it to grade school and couldn't progress any further, and is stuck at that IQ level. Then it would be fitting for him/her/it to use that term every time he/she/it refers to the Fox News channel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join