It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin gets 100G for mag cover

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I just don't get it, how is it that any rational mentally stable person, could not be embarrassed by the likes of shrub and palin? ... and to go public with your support... is just crazy. Do any of these people realize how close they are to being rammed or driven off the road, with their 'W' and "mccane/palin" bumper stickers.

These people shouldn't even be on the ticket, let alone running anything.

For all the conservatives, you should have noticed something was wrong with the system when ron paul wasn't selected... paul would have been someone to be proud of, hell i would have seriously considered jumping ships if the GOP had his back.

...but back to palin... those who support her, have a way of derailing the effort here in understanding why she gets any press at all.

Maybe instead of playing dismissive games, in your attempt to dodge reality, try replying directly to the inquiry at hand. May of us on the left and center want to know what makes this woman so special.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
reply to post by johnny2127

Typical black or white, all or nothing, heaven or hell ... conservative mentality. Could it just be, that the progressives are too embarrassed to have such public figures masquerading around as if they represent american values to the rest of the world and most importantly afraid that they have more of the 'bush doctrine' to come.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

Wait so you are telling me the problem you have with what I said was that I believe everyone should be held to the same standards, while you think only those you agree with should be given a pass. Typical intolerance and hypocrisy of the liberal left. Tolerant and understanding to terrorists and other cultures..... unless you are republican or Christian. Then there is no tolerance, just all hatred and bile

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I actually believe she was one of the best candidates for office in awhile. She really had no experience in D.C. but plenty running Alaska. Aside from this she wasn't far pulled from your average middle class woman which means she had a good chance of understanding the People's problems. Now she is in the corporations pockets and she ain't coming back.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

I suppose i shouldn't expect any more depth then what you have provided. The palin conservative mindset is one of self preservation and self interests... profits always take precedence over people, there is no interest in understanding others, all that matters is one's one selfish shallow interests. When such self serving individuals are put in positions of power that influence others lives for the worst, it infuriates the progressives, that such ill conceived application of values derail and stalemate the progress they seek to make. Now do you understand the anger?

To care about the welfare of others, is what being a public servant is all about. This care is not just confined to our own citizens but also people from all over the world. This desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others leads one to ask deep probing questions about why people do what they do. For instance a palin conservative would look at the surface of the palestinian/israeli conflict and label the palestinians as barbaric and crazy for their acts of 'terrorism'. The progressives on the other hand, will seek to understand why the palestinians react/act as they do and in the process uncover the deep rooted reality of their anger... and as a result recognize the true cause of their angst.

In short, palin much like shrub, represents a segment of our society that is not interested in others... only their own paranoid delusions of grandeur.
Now can you see why we are so pissed off? ... or where you, once again, to busy admiring your own navel.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We obviously have two parties that are bought and paid for. So no matter the outcome the true rulers of this country still get their way. Though despite this fact, one party has a tendency to represent one set of values versus another... to governed their lives by one set of teachings or another.

The right is generally more religious (the mental in fundaMENTAList) and therefore most of their values come from the script/bible that they believe in, which causes them to be very naive about matters of the real world, for they are not inclined to ask questions, for all the answers are already provided for them.

The left on the other hand have no oracle to lean on, so they have a tendency to be independent thinkers, always asking questions and seeking new and better ways/answers to our problems. Science is their reference guide.

One set of teachings keep the populous on the surface, the other promotes a more in depth understanding of the true cause of our societal/environmental/moral deficiencies. So in short, Palin is on the surface and it appears that most of her supporters are just as clueless as her on the issues. Such people shouldn't be allowed to vote let alone hold any significant government position... and yet here we had shrub and co. for two terms and now a female version of shrub waiting in the wings for a shot at leading us further astray... whom the likes of, i seriously don't think our country could survive. So next time any of you blow this off as insignificant, think again... a little longer and deeper.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Interesting to see how her new post at faux is taking shape. Here she is with hannity giving a critique of the obama's state of the union address. www.foxnews.com...=palin notice how many times hannity addressed her 'governor' and how they repeat themselves and one another in that smart-ass way. The line she used at least twice was "the governments take over of 1/6th our our economy" in reference to the health care. At about a quarter of the way through i couldn't help but see two teenagers doing a school assignment.

Now she's been getting a lot of free press with her slam on Emanuel for using the word 'retarded'... reminds me of when she went after Letterman last, but now it's really paying off, in more ways then one, she feeds an image of being righteous, fox gains more viewers from the free publicity she can whip up and most importantly she maintains her face and name in the public eye.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
and now with Palin in the wings, there is promise that even more money can be made off of people's ignorance and misery.

Okay, ya, uh-huh, whatever: Palin's in the wings, but OBAMA is on stage. Who really knows if we'll ever have another president. Stay focused.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

Not sure if you are referring to the 'end times' or if you think obama will become a dictator? Either way, if we are fortunate enough to see another president... we don't want it to be palin.

For those who still don't think she's a serious contender... then you have to check out her facebook page www.facebook.com... ...note the 1million+ 'friends', her often/current news blurp postings and most noteworthy is her donation PAC link at the bottom left corner of the page.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am sitting here in bewilderment. I can't believe you Anti-Palin people are still going on about her-OVER A YEAR LATER. You and Obama are stuck in the past (which will be his doom).

What I find even more odd is how all our lives we are taught "anyone can be POTUS etc". A Female, from Alaska, with experience only in the local and state govt's can in 1 night-turn the whole national political scene on its ears. Everyday in the MSM- Palin this-Palin that.... SHE AIN'T WORTHY!!

Keep telling me she is irrelevant. Keep beleiving it. Keep spewing you baseless hatred and apparent sexist comments. The common folk have had enough of that crap and if only fuels them more. Palin and the rest of us will be laughing all the way to the White House and a Full Fledge Republican take over of Gov't.

Oh yes, sitting here in bewilderment. I can't believe you who speak against her think that you got the better end of the deal with Obama. With all we know and have seen with him and his leftist agenda.... You got to be kidding me/us.

Paling in 2012- Which-I will be offering my place to run the Palin Central PA office out of. Yep..... I will post my PALIN sign. I got one when she ran w/ McCain. Her name on top/over McCains :-] Now I have it folded in half with just Palin expose (of course). And, my wife and I got to meet her last year.

Do yourself a favor-stop mindless commenting and go check up on her BEFORE she was nominated. If I may suggest-obtain the CNBC/WSJ interview and review of Palin done in early 2008.

Transcript: www.cnbc.com...

Video clip: Drill Baby Drill: www.youtube.com...

I can't seem to find the whole hour clip. If anyone could help me there. Ten to One you can'/don't find if. CNBC is the owner of the tape-they have appeared to have locked it up. Hope I am wrong on that.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Here are a couple more segments from the same interview
www.youtube.com...

I see her selling Alaska as the nation's cure. As governor of a state that has proven to have huge untapped oil reserves and very little else to offer, it makes perfect sense that she would push this angle. As for your notion that if people were to review her prior to the election, that they would be won over by her, i'm not seeing it.

But if you are so taken by her and feel motivated to be one of her active supporters it looks like you have your work cut out for you... it looks like she's already campaigning... just this morning she gave the keynote speech for the Tea Party Convention:

Palin tells 'tea party': It's revolution time

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Sarah Palin declared "America is ready for another revolution" and repeatedly assailed President Barack Obama on Saturday before adoring "tea party" activists. They make up a seemingly natural constituency should she run for president.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 7-2-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Apparently we saw the speach w/ different glasses on.

Time will tell.

Right now, she would be Obama in an election.

Tell me one or two things that any American could disagree with. Please.

Strong National Defense
Cut Spending
Support people around the world fighting for freedom (Iran)
Develope alternative energies w/ Nukes and Drilling our oil.
NO Civilian rights or trials for enemy combatants.
No terror trials in NYC or on American soil (they are worthy of it).
Cutting taxes
Encouraging small business growth and developement.

We'll see soon enough......

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

A page taken from the right-wing play book. Source: Chicago Tribune 1934.

Need i say more?

For full image click files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-2-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

Yes you can say more Sir. First starting with: This cartoon was about F.D.R-a DEMOCRATE.

Please explain how you came to think this was about Repubs/Right Wing. I'll wait.

Maybe you can start here: newsbusters.org...

or here: newsbusters.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Yes you can say more Sir. First starting with: This cartoon was about F.D.R-a DEMOCRATE.

Please explain how you came to think this was about Repubs/Right Wing. I'll wait.

"I'll wait" lol... very cute ;P

Since we are not looking at this from the same perspective, I suppose i need to clarify. The current right wing media lead by Faux is using this page from the past as a template. Granted the characters and some of the commodities at play have changed, much like players of a football team do, but the same strategy is still in play. As long as the Palin/Beck/Coulter/Limbaugh/O'Reilly Crew are here to drum up ill will and fear that we are turning into commies, a dictatorship... distracting the masses from all that has transpired during the bush years, too preoccupied with fighting one another, then focusing on the power-that-be who manufactured this financial mess in the first place.

In sum, when you take in the view of the bigger picture, Palin is only but a player... but represents a visceral response to the government coming to the aid of it's economy which is built on the backs of it's citizens.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

Interesting political cartoon, Blind Eye. I'm also seeing in it anti-(Northeast) intellectual and associating intellectualism with Communism (Columbia/Harvard "pinkies").

So down through the years, we end up with the Republican party needing to transplant the Yale/Harvard Bush to Texas and downplay his education, to promote his image of "one of you". Folksy language and accent as he talks to reporters while clearing brush on his land.

Finally, to outdo themselves, the GOP promotes Palin as the epitome of anti-intellectual and "one of you". I hope this branch of candidate selection dies out and a new branch starts.

Conservatives are in need of a visit by the ghost of William F. Buckley. Nah, they've ignored the warnings of Eisenhower, so poor Bill would be better off continuing to roll over in his grave.

Oh, I heard this on a call to a talk show the other day: would Palin fans be as enamored of her if she were ten years older and fifty pounds heavier?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I think you made the most important connection yet in noting the common thread in persona that runs through both bush and palin. A resent expose on her speech at the tea party convention, revealed that she wrote notes on the palm of her hand... apparently a sign of having painted herself in the corner citing that she ridiculed obama for reading his speeches off a teleprompter. ... which in itself proves that she is doing everything off the cuff, nothing is prepared/rehearsed... and the strange thing is, it doesn't matter how ill prepared or naive she appears/sounds, her supports love her for it... they interpret her incompetence not as a weakness but as a strength... that she is real, folksy, down-to-earth... just like bush, as you had pointed out earlier.

source: www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

"She is not very bright.
She has verbal ticks that make it so she can't say a bunch of things.
She has no clue about any of our or the worlds history. "

Funny, Bush couldn't do most of those things either and he was President for 8 years!!! Sarah is a celebritician

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FedSen
Obama by the way doesn't have the best background in politics either but to be the puppet for the people who really run things, Obama was a good choice.....and because of Bush, NO Republican could of won this last election!

lol I think the campaign slogans 'CHANGE', 'HOPE' & 'Yes We Can' says it all... patronizing at best. Like reading your children. 'The Little Engine that Could' minding the fact that we are in a political playground riding on a seesaw... elephant, donkey, elephant, donkey, elephant, donkey, elephant, donkey and on and on and on ... giving us the illusion of change... like a rocking-chair, it makes you feel like you are going somewhere, but you aren't going anywhere at all. lol

Palin is a casted player being groomed for the role she will server in the GOP's future productions to service the rulers of this country in their games of deception to they can continue to rob us blind.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Finally watched Palin on Leno via TiVo... and three days later the most lasting impression i was left with, was how she had the same jovial and affable persona that shrub did... and that she talked about how her choice to join faux was based on wanting to make the media more 'fair and balanced' lol

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
With further thought/reflection... no wonder she has been hand picked to be among our future choices for leader... she is a master at 'doublethink' who has charmed/conned the bible belt into embracing her... much like they did shrub.

To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which canceled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself -- that was the ultimate subtlety; consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink.
The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them....To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies — all this is indispensably necessary.

~ George Orwell

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join