It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's ark ? How ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz
Genisis

Noah lived 950 years.

Noah is older than Yoda.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
On Noahs ark was Yoda's Grandfather

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If people truly understood what Adam and Eve lost, they would understand why God had to bring the Great Deluge. Since both stories are perceived as fabricated parables this fact is lost.

If you understood the original purpose for mankind you would understand why they would live so long. Remember man was made in God's image.

I believe the flood was meant to reduce the life span of humanity. They cannot live in this broken down world for that amount of time without being corrupted, killed, suicidal or crazy.

The primary objective of the Great Deluge was to reduce the life span of man and its lesser objective was to wipe off those who took no note of God's affairs.

It was around 1600 years from the time of Adam to the Great Deluge.
It has been around 4300 years from the flood to the present day. What ever damage God intended to do to the earth was meant to be permanent.

God is bound by his own laws. Damage what was good so the bad wouldn't last.

Take a look at the Red Shift Astronomy program and set Navigation location mode to 'Stay in Solar System' and have the Central Object to be the 'Sun'. Set the distance to center at '9 a.u.' Checkmark visible Objects: Sun, planets, moons, and asteroids. The orbital paths should be visible. Take a good look at the detail of the overhead view of the solar system. Gradually increase the distance to center value to view the outer planetary system. The center should shrink. Pay particular attention to the paths of Mercury and Mars along with the clutter between Mars and Jupiter.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
O.K i havent read this whole thread but there is direct proof for the world flood.
Well in the sense of the small minded people where there little area was the world. There is absolutly no proof of the entire world flooding and there would be a lot of it.
But there is proof of a flood whih joined the mederterainian(sp) and Caspian sea. So god if he exists which i dont believe didnt do a very good mass destruction.
Also the dimensions of Noah's ark are probably a 'the fish was that big' who took his dog and cat with him then some crazy superstiiouos Christian put it all together in their little mind and now we have the Noah myth>

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdumbThe waters are now the ocean and ice and I don't understand what you mean by two mentions of the volume of water.
The waters cannot now be the ocean and ice since, the first mention of the volume of water was Gen 1:2; And the earth was without form…darkness was upon the face of the deep…the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. AND Gen 1:7 …Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters… as you can see, the very first creation was all water, where the earth being without form was nothing but water. There is no mention of land at all at this time.

To be sure you follow; these are the creations:

Heaven; earth as water; light; darkness; firmament.

All of them being creations as in, “God created" or “let there be.” But after dividing the waters to place the firmament in between, he was left with water/firmament/water, yet, he somehow managed to find land in the waters below heaven, land that was not created to make a distinction between same and water. To further put this in perspective, he divided the waters which was without form, meaning it was scattered, and if it included land, heaven also has land, which is not impossible I suppose.

Now you have decided to offer the poles which were not mentioned in Biblical text as an account of water, where ice above land can only be attributable to precipitation which as far as we can tell did not happen until after he was through creating man. If you can offer up as fact what is not in Biblical text, then so can I, and I say more emphatically that since he gathered up only water, it does not stand to reason that he gathered up air/atmosphere separate from that previously unknown land to make 3 distinct elements, since air is as important to man, animal and plant as is water, where the Biblical text excluded this, therefore rendering your source useless.

With not as much pressure on the land there wouldnt be much uprising of land like mountains under the weight of all that water pressured it.
I have no idea what you are trying to claim here since islands and peneplanes are constantly forming to this day.

The bible says in the last days it will be like in the days of Noah(Technology and evil like gays being legal and abortion-kiling babies by the millions) Except one thing is he is going to end us in fire not water and for good.
Well, the Book of the Dead claims that with the spells properly said, Egyptian pharaohs become Osiris and or Seth, the sons of the most high god, does that mean you believe that also?

With clouds miles thick all over and enough light to support life coming through there would be much oxygen because think of all the trees there would be plus huge creatures like dinosaurs.
Once again, you have decided to create your own little picture outside of scripture as to what our world looked like. If you can then so can I, and I can retort with; I see no evidence of clouds for at least 1,883 years until the days of Noah when the heavens and earth supposedly opened up and spewed its h2o contents, and I say that the mists of those days must have been far more powerful than today. Now as for the oxygen level, with all those monster dinosaurs, I am sure they would not contribute to the oxygen level but rather deplete same.

And the sun was shining through massive cloud and water on us but now its all the ocean and antarctic ice..
I see, the sun 5,765 years ago was far more capable of shining through that thick layer of cloud than it is today’s thin layer. Do you suppose the inhabitants of earth at that time had a special sun screen protective skin? Now if all of that is ocean and ice, is it your contention then that should the ice melt, the earth to the highest peak would be covered in water?

The reason we age so fast is our cells grow way faster in sunlight so google it up or something
Wait now, I was under the impression that you relied on scripture of old, has Google now replaced that, and do you have a particular site of flatulence you would steer me toward?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
SWIB you remind me of that kid in highschool that asked too many questions and one day i knocked him out. Now he justs avoids me.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
SWIB you remind me of that kid in highschool that asked too many questions and one day i knocked him out. Now he justs avoids me.
I suspect that while you were out for the count from his ounch you were hallucinating that you in fact were the victor.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wisdumb, another ATS hard-man.

If you ever feel like stopping off in the U.K. feel free to visit.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
LOL nah
U.K too far from USA, sorry. But we can have a date online if you arent too sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

Take a look at the Red Shift Astronomy program and set Navigation location mode to 'Stay in Solar System' and have the Central Object to be the 'Sun'. Set the distance to center at '9 a.u.' Checkmark visible Objects: Sun, planets, moons, and asteroids. The orbital paths should be visible. Take a good look at the detail of the overhead view of the solar system. Gradually increase the distance to center value to view the outer planetary system. The center should shrink. Pay particular attention to the paths of Mercury and Mars along with the clutter between Mars and Jupiter.

Non sequitur?? What are you supposing?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb

Funny, as you remind me of the kid from school who didn't ask any questions and just went around punching people. The last time I saw him he was stacking shelves at the local supermarket.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

The start of the flood was caused after the destruction of one of the planets in the Solar system.

i'm with you on that explaination,

the exploded planet hypothesis, might just account for the past
'inordinate ammount' of water on Mars (former moon of exploded planet)
and also the 'inordinate ammount' of water on planet earth...
'inordinate ammount' of water meaning more than the pools
and perhaps seas of liquid water
which could be expected from natural sources of cosmic percipitates; frozen comets, ices of water molecules, etc

but i, among others, also think the 'universal deluge' was an event which happened
in a previous age, probably during the 2nd or 3rd worlds/ ages....
and has 'interloped' into our present mass memory as Noahs' Flood meme

the Noah flood of this 4th world/age was most likely(imho) the great inundation of the once small lake where the Black Sea is now situated. Maybe brought on by a climate-changing mega-volcano event or even a tunguska like event at one of the poles?
which brought about a catastrophic duration of rain & resulting flooding of the Black Sea valley...
(& probably ~13to12,000 BCE and not at 3400BC)
, which is all part of the confusion of an interloping meme from a previously
forgotten earth age & civilizations(indigenous & alien) on earth.

the present constructs (Biblical), just don't satisify my doubtful mind

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You couldn't get all the nose breathing animals on all our carriers, combined, and it would have taken Noah and his brood over a hundred years to herd them from the tip of every continent, unless you christians will relent on the possibility that every species of animal evolved from two lions and two tigers that always seem to portray your vision of " load-em-up".

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
You couldn't get all the nose breathing animals on all our carriers, combined, and it would have taken Noah and his brood over a hundred years to herd them from the tip of every continent,

God brought the animals to Noah, Noah didn't have to go and get them. From studying there would have been, for example, 2 of the canine type and after they came off they ark God would have worked through them to create all the different types of canines, wolves, coyotes, dingos, wild African dogs etc.

edit Genesis 7:20...............and two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
dbrandt--then yes? God did have his hand in the worlds evolution of species--dogs into wolves, pigs into hippos, birds into reptiles, chimps into hominids.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
dbrandt--then yes? God did have his hand in the worlds evolution of species--dogs into wolves, pigs into hippos, birds into reptiles, chimps into hominids.

I won't use the word evolution because it does not define what God did. 2 canines came off the ark, then God worked through the genetic material these 2 had and brought forth all of the canines we have today.

Birds didn't become reptiles or vice versa.

Chimps,apes, baboons, etc did not become people. God made man different than animals.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If God made us different to animals why do we have such similar genetic make-up?

Should we not be "100%" different instead of "1%"?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Face it people, the Bible is a horrible piece of literature. I don't see it as a "holy book", its just the scribblings of ignorant cave men that thought the world was flat and the the entire universe revolved around earth.

If the Bible was judged as a piece of literature, it would probaly be viciously ripped to shreds by the judges who had to read it. The Bible is probaly 80% filler (meaningless nonesense) with characters that are totally one-dimensional and really no plot.

Back then, these ignorant "schlors" didnt know how many animals there really was on this earth. Those of you that fail to realize this are just as ignorant. Its the year 2005 people, quit believing in these idiotic little Bible fairytales.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One major problem I have with the OT is the fact the list of animals which fit their criteria, do not include all the animals which can be eaten. Either a man wrote that without GOd helping him or God didn't know what animals existed.

If a man wrote it and made a mistake, what other mistakes are there?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lets make some small non-christian points (so that akes me stupid well whatever you want to believe)
The greeks (pre-Christian times) regarded Jibralta as in MEditerranean was the end fo the world.
The plates shifts what 1cm a year,and the bible states the EArth is 6000 years old.
So what your trying to say is that all the animals in America swam across the ocean to Noah to go back a bit of time later.
Now all of this doesnt make sense. MAybe because I'm not Christian so I believe in things as ludicras as physics.
Well tell me all this is wrong cmon I dare you, (wiht something to back it up plaese or its just really pointless)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join