It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Businessman sues BA 'for treating men like perverts'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeg2222
What is one supposed to do.....

Dude..live your life how you want. Try to be a good person and stuff anyone who has a problem with that.

Anything else is submission, and if they want THAT, then make them fight for it and prove their reasons are justified.

Exactly what the guy in this news story is doing.

BIG KUDOS to him.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

you should not underestimate the perverts

they are sneaky, and motivated and all they are looking for is a moment of plausible disbelief to take advantage of.

You are right, the perverts are stalking you all the time. You probably saw some yesterday leering at you when you were walking down your front path, and then again at the grocery store. Later, in the safety of your own home you may have heard them rustling in the bushes outside your window.

Paranoid Delusional's like yourself are the ones fueling this kind of horse pucky.

Hint: If you're worried about your kids on a plane, make sure you're seated next to them. If that proves too difficult then wait for another plane. Or take a train, or a boat. You really can't take any chances with these perv's on your trail.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So men are being treated as potential paedophiles, just as Muslims are being treated as potential terrorists.

I often hear the question, "well why haven't those Muslims been standing up denouncing terrorism?
Would it be fair to ask why these men have not been standing up publicly denouncing paedophilia? Or should we just assume that the average man is going to despise paedophiles because most people are decent and protective of children?

We get told Muslims shouldn't object to racial profiling and strip-searches, they should blame their terrorist compatriots, not us. Can we apply this to men at airports now? Strip-search them to make sure they are not carrying lollipops?

By the way, this is not a new problem. My 2 year old daughter went woke from her nap in 1976, while I was gardening out the back, and apparently decided to go wandering off to look for me. She was found about 4 hours later, barefoot in her little nappy and singlet, about 5k (2 miles) away, by a man who noticed her walking past his house.

(I had sturdy kids and no car. They learnt to walk far early.)

This guy was in a real bind, not daring bring her into his has for obvious reasons, but needing to keep her there while he rang the police. He coaxed her to stay, taking cookies and milk out to her, and stayed outside his house with her until the police arrived.

When we could be sure it was her, the 2 coppers who'd waited with me at my house while she was searched for, (hopes were not high, there was a violent escapee in the neighbourhood that same day,) and I, joined hands and were dancing in circles in the middle of Heidelberg Road, despite it being peak hour, until we came to our senses and realised what we were doing.

- The lovely old house I was renting has gone now.

[edit on 17/1/10 by Kailassa]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thanks for posting that very interesting article, nerbot.

BA has gone to the dogs.

I do everything I can to avoid flying on them.

The service is bad.....

The food is bad.....

On my last 2 long flights with them on 747's a huge part of the side of the seat came off in my hand (twice......2 flights....!)

On the 2nd flight wherein that happened, the airconditioning overflowed & water poured all over me & the lady in front of me as we took off.....

They lost my bags for 3 days at a time, twice last year.....

.....& I'm flying businesss class or premium economy!

And the grand finale is.......

Now I'm a child molester!

Aren't these the same idiots that shove the kids through those terribly revealing body scanning machines?

Whoa there boy..... I need a scotch.....maybe 2 scotches.....

Yours in disbelief
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Sorry, pervs are everywhere. Most of them are men.

Having led a mostly unsupervised childhood, I assure you, an awful lot of your compatriots males are pervs.

Having had men sitting next to me on public transit try to molest me, more than once, I'm sorry to tell you that it is safer to sit next to a woman.

More of you are pervs than get caught by a long shot.

Does it bother me? You bet. It makes me sad that someone might judge my husband as scary because he's big. It saddens me that one day someone is going to look askance at my son and wonder if they need to be concerned about him.

My husband is a lovely man. It bothers him too.

Only he isn't angry at the authorities - he is angry AT THE PERVS.

I like him. He is smart enough to direct his energy and anger at the correct source of his troubles.

[edit on 2010/1/16 by Aeons]

Id argue its far safer to not sit the kids next to there parents.Maybe sitting next to strangers is preferable!

93% of juvenile sexual assault victims know their attacker.6

34.2% of attackers were family members.
58.7% were acquaintances.
Only 7% of the perpetrators were strangers to the victim.

From your post sounds like you have issues to deal with from your childhood but please don't blame all males for the actions of a few.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Completely Ridiculous!

I guess they should be protecting these kids from barren women too because they've been known to kidnap other peoples children. Perhaps they should take all the gay stewards of the airplanes too because we all know they are all automatically child molesters! Better sit those Catholic priests in their own section... Can't be too careful you know!

The World is becoming increasingly more insane!

Scotty... One to Beam Up!

IRM

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You know.....

If I ever fly on BA again - & I might not ever do that now that I've read the article.....

But if I did.....

I honestly hope I do not ever get asked to move because I'm sitting next to a kid.

I truly think I might dig in & refuse to move & end up getting thrown off the plane, arrested, get put on a "banned to fly" list, etc...

On the one hand, a little voice in my head would be saying "just shuttup & move".

On the other hand, I truly think I would be so affronted, I might refuse to move, say some things I would later regret & then have a huge mess to sort out.

OK.....enough said......cool down.....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeg2222

What is one supposed to do if like u are in a shopping mall and happen find a kid lost and no one there - the only thing you can do is keep walking!

There was actually an experiment like this done on British television some time ago...

A child was left standing in the middle of a busy shopping centre whilst his mum stood in a shop (in the childs view so he would not become distressed) and the film crew secretly filmed the child to see what would happen.

Now it took a hell of a long time before a man dared to ask the child if he was okay and try to take him to a shop worker... and when interviewed the man said that he had seen the child and thought he looked lost; yet waited a distance away for a few minutes in hope somebody else would try to help the child. He had been scared to come and help a young child because of the paranoia... our children are no safer today than they were before, if anything we are giving the real child molesters a better chance because no innocent man dares try to help.

And worse than that, whilst we are trying to gague whether the child is lost or not, hanging back a bit, we really do look like child molesters watching a child, even though in reality we are doing it for the exact opposite reason.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Hell, I'd kill for someone to run their hand up my leg. I'll take anything these days. Even creepy old men with sports jackets and reading glasses in the style of a pair of aviators.

Well, actually, I wouldn't. That'd be just weird. Still, though, why not seat the kid next to women? He might end up being seated next to an attractive young girl (err, legal age, of course) or a buxom older woman. Rrrrrr!

Geez, this entire post makes me look like the type of guy you wouldn't want to sit next to in-flight. If it's any consolation, I don't bite.

Rrrrrrr!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I think these guys took this wrong. BA was saving these men from having to sit next to a whiny snotty smelly little brat and they complain about it?

I love my son, I really do, but your kid I don't. What's the worst thing on a flight? Some kid crying in your ear the entire time. It's bad enough that it happens at all, but when your right next to it? You want to throw the little carpet rat out the door!

If BA billed it as "hey, you don't have to sit next to the crying baby!" men would be going, "great!" but they billed it way wrong.

[edit on 1/17/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
As a Mother, I am glad that they have children's welfare at the forefront. It is time this preventative action is taken everywhere.
There are just too many perverts and child molesters out there to take the risk. Good for them I say.

To all the good men who are offended by their safety precautions for the welfare of children,,,, tough! Get over yourself and think about it...would you like your child travelling alone to sit by a child molester? No? Well this is how they are preventing that happening.

Women have been treated like 2nd class citizens for eons and when men have a taste of it they bawl like babies.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl
To all the good men who are offended by their safety precautions for the welfare of children,,,, tough! Get over yourself and think about it...would you like your child travelling alone to sit by a child molester? No? Well this is how they are preventing that happening.

And as a pregnant mother to be, would you like your husband moved because he has been unfairly targetted for no reason as a potential pedophile and sexually discriminated against because he is a man?

I think not.

You talk about "prevention"... why let a child travel unaccompanied in the first place?

As a mother you should be with them, sat next to them and treat them as flesh and blood, not a piece of baggage to be collected at the other end!

Unbeleivable!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I love my son, I really do, but your kid I don't. What's the worst thing on a flight? Some kid crying in your ear the entire time. It's bad enough that it happens at all, but when your right next to it? You want to throw the little carpet rat out the door!

Wow! I would have expected better from you.

It seems you are more of a threat to a child travelling on a plane than a husband with his pregnant wife don't you think?

So by British Airways standards YOU are MORE of a threat to children on flights aren't you because you have voiced your distain for other peoples kids (including violence).

Talk about double standards.

[edit on 17/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Seems to me the biggest threat to a child would be a freaky man dressed like a woman.

Oh. Wait.

I mean somebody with something highly explosive in their underwear.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You need to stop living in your past . Learn from it by all means but dont let it own you. You have had bad things done to you, but the right reaction is to live your life without fear because its not happening to you now. By all means destroy the pervs when you know thier faces, but until you know for sure dont get all militant about it. Thats just ignorant, and will turn you into a monster in time. I know, I have seen all sorts of crazy bs in my time, people growing up to hate entire faiths and races because of things done in the past that have no baring on the future. The human race needs to live in the moment , not in its past, otherwise we are doomed. One hundred percent doomed.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by whatukno

It seems you are more of a threat to a child travelling on a plane than a husband with his pregnant wife don't you think?

So by British Airways standards YOU are MORE of a threat to children on flights aren't you because you have voiced your distain for other peoples kids (including violence).

[edit on 17/1/2010 by nerbot]

I can already tell that you do not fly often.

There is nothing wrong with having a strong dislike for being seated next to kids on long flights. If you are seated in a cramped jet for 12 hours, next to some kid whom may be crying, throwing a tantrum... etc... it will be frustrating. Being human and finding a child throwing a tantrum frustrating does not make one a threat, either.

That being said, I DO agree with you that this policy is sexist, unethical. At minimum it should be the child whom is moved.

[edit on 17/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
To be honest, I wouldn't want to sit next to a child anyways. Their usually playing with something or being loud. Although it does beat some fat guy with a big mustache snoring next to you *shudder*.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

What is better than my honest opinion? It is just that, my honest opinion.

Why? Because I think that other people's little diaper fillers are annoying? Like I said, I love my child, not yours. If I am sitting on a plane next to some kid freaking out and throwing a tantrum or otherwise annoying me, then yes I do find it annoying.

What I want to do, and what I would do are two completely different things. While I would find the child an annoyance, I would of course never actually hurt the child, Oh I would want to, but that's the reason god made kids cute.

Not really. Like I said, it's just an opinion. I think that they marketed this wrong, instead of painting guys to be bad, they should have told the guys that this was an effort to relieve them of the annoyance that could be caused by someones child sitting right next to them and going off like German Kid on YouTube. Guys would have been happy, moms would have been happy, kids would have been annoying. Everyone wins!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

My paranoid delusion allowed me to allow my 7 year old some extra space so that I wasn't "paranoid." Which promptly lead to within 10 minutes a meth-head and her dealer trying to kidnap her. Beside a FABRIC STORE.

Not every male is a perv.

But the pervs are around, and they see their opportunities.

That's the nature of their problem.

That's how such a small segment of the population can do the damage they do.

They look for the opportunity. They put themselves in the place where they can take advantage of it.

So pervs are a small part of the population. But they are the ones to first spot the open spot beside a kid. They are the ones who look to be boy scout leaders because they can hide behind good men, while having access to what they want.

Considering the numbers, a very few people do a LOT of damage. Because they see their opportunities, and in doing so ONE guy does HUNDREDS of children.

You want to lend them more plausibility.

[edit on 2010/1/17 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Fear is a useful emotion that lets you know that something is wrong.

I do not live in fear. I do honour it.

I also don't live ignoring the obvious because you think its mean.

Women and children are told to ignore their instincts all the time. Rather than taught to hear those instincts, so that they do not have to live in fear.

When something is wrong. It is wrong.

You have some nerve thinking that you should be allowed to dictate that I should ignore bad behaviours. Seriously.

This is the most common DANGEROUS message given to women and children in this society. Be nice. Be nice, and put yourself in danger, because to not put yourself in danger, to pay attention to one's instincts, is being mean and nasty and a bitch.

Good men do not set me off. Good men actually have told me that I do not discriminate enough.

I will worry less about offending you, than my and my families safety. Even if you find that prejudice.

Frankly, I do see perverts fairly regularly. My physical profile fits a common look that many stranger-criminal-pervs seem to look for. I actually rarely have had a problem, because I am pretty good at extricating myself from them.

It isn't paranoia. Last year the criminal system here released a serious offender, and before he hit the news I ran into him. Hours after his release. The only reason I know that is because I turned around when my instincts went "bing bing bing" and found a large guy watching me very intently. So I of course headed into a more populated area. Later that day, they released his photo to the public with the warning.

One of the bad date guys on a bad date prostitution list tried to maneuver me into his car.

Two years ago a guy tried to jump into my vehicle WITH MY CHILDREN IN IT. He was actually the SECOND time that has happened to me. Only my willingness to run them over, and to lock the doors when I see them - risking "offending" them - has stopped them from jumping in my vehicle. Which BTW, both times later that day some woman WAS car-jacked and one of them was assaulted.

The only thing that slowed him down long enough for me to get going, was that my children made him hesitate for one second. The 7-Eleven Stalker in my city followed me for TWO YEARS. One doesn't have paranoia when they keep running into the same guy with his pants around is ankles jacking off outside.

That's just a smattering of things over the last ten years.

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Aeons

You need to stop living in your past . Learn from it by all means but dont let it own you. You have had bad things done to you, but the right reaction is to live your life without fear because its not happening to you now. By all means destroy the pervs when you know thier faces, but until you know for sure dont get all militant about it. Thats just ignorant, and will turn you into a monster in time. I know, I have seen all sorts of crazy bs in my time, people growing up to hate entire faiths and races because of things done in the past that have no baring on the future. The human race needs to live in the moment , not in its past, otherwise we are doomed. One hundred percent doomed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join