It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway spiral in China today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
It's not a spiral, so I don't know why the OP is saying so...

It does however look much like another missile or rocket launch, which is why it does share some similarities with the rocket launch seen over Norway. Of course every rocket/launch is a little different.

Here's a Delta II launch for example:

Source: www.spacearchive.info

The "blob" at the end is where the rocket/missile separated from it's precious stages.

That image though looks like it was captured with a reasonably long exposure.

The images taken by the chinese are obviously oportune amatuer shots with what looks like a shortish exposure.

Nice image though

Peace out,

Korg,

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Warrior of Light

I m glad someone put of the earthquake lights theory. There is another theory from Persinger regarding UFO s and earthquakes:

www.fortunecity.com...

and this is not to downplay the importance and tragedy of earthquakes in any way.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
[edit on 15-1-2010 by liquidself]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I don't think it's a particularaly long exposure.

This similar photo has an exposure time of 1/25 (less that 1 second) according to it's EXIF data.

Source: www.moonglow.net

More:

www.moonglow.net

www.moonglow.net

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I personally believe China will be seeing a massive earthquake in the very near future.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I don't think it's a particularaly long exposure.

These image are stunning wouldn't you say?

I wish I could see something like that where I live but I have next to zero chance as I live close to the east coast of England.

The best we get here is the occasional frozen cloud refracting light into pretty colours and that like once in a blue moon so to speak lol ;p

Thanks for the images though, very pretty.

Peace out,

Korg,

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
That image though looks like it was captured with a reasonably long exposure.

It may be with a very sensitive optical system, but the shape is real, not stretched out by motion in a time exposure. This is exactly what your eyeball sees at this phase of the missile launch -- I've seen 'em.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Korg,

Yes! I think they are absolutely amazing. I live for photographs like these - It's my work and my passion (I am a professional photographer/astrophotographer).

Sometimes, you can see things that are just as amazing in the sky. You just have to keep your eyes open (and ears). I'm also in the UK, and I know usually all we can see is the bottom of cloud, which means you need to be persistent if you want to see things, but it is possible.

I know it's not quite the same thing, but meteors or a meteor shower can be just as impressive... albeit objects are entering rather than leaving the atmosphere. If anything, that makes them more energetic and impressive! They can also leave trains/trails hanging in the sky that are very similar to the trails that rocket launches leave. I've seen this happen on many occasions - mostly during the peaks of major meteor showers.

Keep an eye on the space exploration forum for future meteor shower announcements... the next major shower (that is not spoiled by moonlight) is the Perseids in August, and it's usually a really active shower with a good smattering of bright/fireball class meteors. Those who experience a good shower peak usually find themselves coming back for more.

By the way, I remember at least one case of a rocket launch being visible from the East coast (some years back now), so there is always a chance that you might see one. I have yet to see one in real life too.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The 'ring of fire' is speaking very loudly. What happened in Haiti is hopefully the worst of it, but it just feels like things are NOT over. California is heating up again and we are seeing some larger than usual quakes in other odd places in the US.

I agree that this may all be a prelude to something...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have been intrigued with the Norway Spiral and while there are plenty of ideas over what it could possibly mean, I found today something that needs to be considered in the quest to get to the bottom of what it could all mean. Anyway I found the following web posting and wanted to share it with you for consideration . I just found it extremely coincidental that I would discover such a professional pursuit in the quest to fully understand some old manuscript.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've been able to determine that the Chinese missile interception test -- against a second missile -- was launched from Jiuquan near Inner mongolia, and was announced in Beijing at 9:03 PM local time, about an hour after these wide-area reports of amazing sky apparitions.

This suggests to me a possible relationship between the rocket test and the mass sightings, but a lot more verification is needed.

Thanks to ATS for providing the sounding board where the weird stuff first appears, for investigators to jump on.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
what is this?

'nah son, it was just a weather balloon, or swamp gas or a maybe even a rocket test'

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
though, I REALLY like the Earthquake light theory. Very interesting!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I saw a chinese spiral over a month ago on youtube, I even compared it in detail to the Norwegian spiral.

Missile my backside..... what a gullible world we live in.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by justine093
what is this?

'nah son, it was just a weather balloon, or swamp gas or a maybe even a rocket test'

Well it was not a weather balloon, or swamp gas. Has anyone else here claimed or suggested it was?

Are you suggesting that weather balloons, swamp gas, and rocket tests do not exist?

So, in your hypothetical example, if your son sees what appears to be a balloon, you would try to convince him that it was not a balloon?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

First of all, the Norway spiral wasn't over Norway it was over Russia. Second, how can the Norway spiral (which was over Russia) now been seen over China - it doesn't make sense. Third, there isn't a spiral pattern of any kind in these photos from China. I can see a blue light in one photo and a green light in the other photo - that's it. This thread should be called Lights seen over China or something don't you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

Where's the spiral, and why relate this to the Norway spiral which was witnessed over several countries due to a rocket test over Russian territory? This is a separate event and to treat it as otherwise would be counterintuitive.

This looks like a bolide meteorite or possibly burning space debris from the photos in the chinese sources.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by CONTACT

Where's the spiral, and why relate this to the Norway spiral which was witnessed over several countries due to a rocket test over Russian territory? This is a separate event and to treat it as otherwise would be counterintuitive.

An attempt to get the attention of the spiral believers maybe...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It's not a spiral, so I don't know why the OP is saying so...

It does however look much like another missile or rocket launch, which is why it does share some similarities with the rocket launch seen over Norway. Of course every rocket/launch is a little different.

Here's a Delta II launch for example:

Source: www.spacearchive.info

The "blob" at the end is where the rocket/missile separated from it's precious stages.

Well, when the Norway spiral happend, neither Norwegian nor Russian millitary knew what it was, so , how can one belive it was a rocket when they dont know about it ??

It was many many hours later they 'agreed' on a rocket..
The Norwegian military said 'we dont know what it is , but if you media want to say it was a rocket, that is fine by us, but we dont know what it is' said the General on TV here in Norway that day and the days after...

Take it as you wish..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have seen this news on all news web.
apparently major ufo phenomena on china.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join