It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Pledges 100m aid to Haiti. 30BILLION "aid" to Israel - LOL!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Can anyone tell us if Israel is sending any money or aid to Haiti ?

it seems they are:

As world governments scramble to offer urgently needed aid to the Caribbean island nation of Haiti following the catastrophic earthquake that leveled large parts of its capital on Tuesday, Israel and Diaspora Jewish groups rushed to get aid workers, supplies and money to the disaster zone.
www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1263147885750

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Dude, your avatr is annoying as hell.
and very disruptive (2nd line)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We all know where that money is going: weapons to be used against the state of Palestine. Well done, Obama.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Shhh don't complain about Israel

the jews will bring up the holocaust and call you a an antisemite

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Can anyone tell us if Israel is sending any money or aid to Haiti ?

Dozens of other nations and a vast array of international organizations and aid groups have also sprung to action. Assistance is being dispatched from around the globe, including many faraway nations. Israel, for example, is sending a military medical team that will operate a field hospital in Haiti.

"Israel has quite a lot of experience in these kinds of earthquakes," said Israeli military official, Gidi Shenar. "We have been in several places in the world. We are bringing our knowledge and we are coming to assist the people over there and save lives. As fast as we can, we will be over there."

www1.voanews.com...

Israel plans to open a field hospital and is sending 220 rescue workers.

www.cbsnews.com...

Actual man power may prove more useful than cash money for the poor haitian people.

Originally posted by joey_hv

Dude you comment is pointless as hell

[edit on 14-1-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. Glad to see they are doing something.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
Unless I misunderstood the point of the thread, this is about the huge disparity in the aid being given to Haiti. Israel doesn't need 30 billion dollars and yet they are getting a blank check for billions and our most powerful war machines. Haiti desperately needs aid and infrastructure to stabilize the country, reduce the extreme systemic poverty, help the injured, and rebuild from the destruction, yet they are only receiving a fraction of the amount of Israel.

They are getting 30B over the next 10 years. It's not a lump sum payment. Also, 75% of it will be spent on military aid from the US, so the money will be employing Americans. At least that the theory.

Oh good. so the american tax payer will still be able to support this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
now i feel better.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the news! Star and Flag!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
just a thought....

Is this aid going to be looked at as a loan to this third world country, just like many other third world countries who have had to accept "bailout" money, now Haiti, is really going to own us one.... Can this mean at all, that America is now giong to have some payback coming its way some time in the far off future, or can we just take the country's resources... and extend the united states of America's empire out through Haiti now? i mean look how broke we are... with dirivatives/loans/and interest we are say what? 65-100 trillion in debt, but we can some how have our leaders make a choice how to spend our tax dollars, i guess we have nodoby to thank but our selves... thanks for the aid NVprose1 >> oh yea no problem, i didn't have choice...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

Haiti has nothing of value.

No resources at all.

If it did the country wouldn't be the failed dump it is.

Just being honest.

The 100 million is to pay for all the assistance and logistics that is necessary to help these people.

Nobody works for free and all assistance comes at a price.

Tents for shelter,food, clothing,security etc.

All has to be purchased.

Nothing is free.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wonder if I can get a t least $1000 in aid, seeing as I am a born citizen of this great nation, and I have never had a ticket or a wreck and I help old people cross the street.
What happened there is horrible, every time they have a hurricane, they have massive mudslides. Odd how these disasters seem to happen in very poor countries.
I wonder why we don't try to help out the people in our country who live in what most consider unlivable conditions. I know Opera had a good excuse once, something like you give the people in America something to help, and they have there hand out wanting more.
Anyone thinking there may be another large earthquake set off by this one? I'm not to sure about the geology, geography, or whatever you would call it, perhaps someone could enlighten me on that?
ABC is making nonstop news on this event, in a way its kinda sick how much they talk about the loss and what not.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pacal Votan
Oh good. so the american tax payer will still be able to support this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
now i feel better.

Hey, ZombieJesus called; I think he wants his post back. Go back and check a few pages ago.

And where are the pics of Israeli civilians killed in rocket attacks? Guess you must have forgotten those, huh?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

Dude, are you jewish or could you become jewish ?

If so move to Israel and if your willing to live in one of the illegal settlements then yes you will qualify for American tax dollars.

Your taxes are used to bribe people to squat on Palestinian land.

It's real important but. Vital to America's interests. Top priority.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

And where are the pics of Israeli civilians killed in rocket attacks? Guess you must have forgotten those, huh?

There is a thread about those. Only problem is that despite searching nobody can find any.

By all means post some up if you have them.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Haiti established their independence from France when George Washington was alive. They established the first "African" republic. WE strongly disapproved.
WE, great Americans that we are, have been sabotaging them ever since.
In fact, we destroyed their farming industry by (through "dirty deeds") forcing them to accept OUR agricultural goods. In the process, their farmers were forced to migrate to the cities, like Port Au Prince, creating "tent" cities.
The ONLY justice here in this earthquake, is that the UN building and its inhabitants is destroyed.
Face it,
we are ignorant fools, our country is run by ruthless corporations, we used to be a beacon in the night, now we are a horrible nightmare the world has to endure.
Of course,
You can forgive the ignorant if you want. But, are you ignorant by choice?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
why do we have to help everybody?
WHO HELP US?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Dude you comment is pointless as hell

[edit on 14-1-2010 by constantwonder]

I like your avatar. Rock on.
Stick it to the man.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by rufusdrak]

[edit on 14-1-2010 by rufusdrak]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
why do we have to help everybody?
WHO HELP US?

We don't even help OURSELVES. Does Katrina ring a bell, does this ring a bell?

I urge everyone to take a look at this which has since been circulating as a chain mail to raise awareness of the irony

www.formatandreload.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I guess they didn't want Katrina Mary Landrieu to rethink her 300 million extortion deal?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

While on the way home I heard on the radio that Israel is sending 200+ personnel to Haiti to operate a field hospital and assist with relief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join