It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Pledges 100m aid to Haiti. 30BILLION "aid" to Israel - LOL!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

We don't need to attack Iran and start another war or be there. But if that were the case, Kuwait is right next to Iran and we have bases there. any dollar that is given to Israel is a down payment on something that America could have had but lost.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

the problem isn't the 100M to haiti, they need help and it's good to lend a hand when they are as screwed as they are. the problem is the billions going to israel. next time before you get all high and mighty and ready to bicker you should think about what the issue REALLY is.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm sure Obama would love to influence such issues but the reality is that the commitment to Israel was made a number of years previously, as part of a wider,historical, policy of assiting countries who wish to operate a "free democracy".

The "ongoing cost of liberty" to these countries manifests itself as agreements to purchase US weapon systems which in turn provides dividends for a number of very rich/influential controllers of the Millitary Industrial complex.

As many of these Millitary Industrial Complex shareholders are senators or congressional sponsors; Obama probably has about as much say on amounts and recipients as you or I do.

These people dont understand altruism as they just work on what's in it for them.
Haiti has little or no political currency so it gets nothing....what it really needs is a millitant Communist (not Cuba obv.) or Arabic neighbour...then we'd see some action.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Are we really surprised here? I mean it's Obama come on.

The guy just put on his uniform as the employee of the month for the Rockefellers who by the way just made BILLIONS in profit from their Goldman Sachs branch.

Obama is the employee of the month, and the puppet is doing a damn good job. He should be the next person featured on Time magazine. Don't you remember the other perfect employee that was featured there last time?

Bernanke the good old employee of the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The $30-$32 Billion in aid figure that's being discussed comes from the CIA's [UNCLASSIFIED] World Fact Book. What do you think the classified amount is? Classified versions of the book exist, but then again, can you really believe what they say to begin with?

BR

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Sad news. Please pass this on to everyone you know. Direct from SAINT Christoper Story at www.worldreports.org. I really dislike being the bearer of bad news.

Sorry people

BEWARE! Clinton and bush STOLE THE KATRINA MONEY and the reason Clinton and Bush have appeared on US TV appealing for money is that THEY HAVE BEEN CLEANED OUT DUE MAINLY TO OUR OPERATION (they are skint) AND THEY INTEND TO STEAL THE HAITI MONEY SO THEY CAN GET BACK INTO CLANDESTINE FINANCIAL TRADING BUSINESS. This has been verified by impeccable sources and my research. BEWARE THAT YOU DON'T WIND UP CONTRIBUTING TO THE CROOKS' OPERATION BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IS INTENDED. The physical event in Haiti was NOT an earthquake. No roads are damaged, the airport runways are intact and the purpose of the operation was to provide the world's biggest cooks (Bush 43 and Clinton 42) with a new fund that THEY INTEND TO STEAL. DON'T GET CARRIED AWAY BY SYMPATHY FOR THE VICTIMS AND FALL INTO THEIR DASTARDLY TRAP. I know whereof I speak AND WE WILL BE PUBLISHING THIS WITHIN 48 HOURs. THIS HAITI ABOMINATION IS MASS MURDER, and these crooks have done it. Furthermore, the US has already taken over and you will be interefered with by the US military who will probably take the money. Be very careful. I AM GOING TO EXPOSE THIS. It's ideal for them because they will do their banking in the corrupt Dominican Republic WHICH HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED. Nor have there been ANY physical repercussions anywhere else in the region. THI IS A CONTRIVED EVENT AND ANOTHER MASS MURDER.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Shhh don't complain about Israel

the jews will bring up the holocaust and call you a an antisemite

Well, I'm a Jewish American and I find that very offensive!...you ANTISEMITE!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Where are they getting this money? With the current national debt... how can we afford to keep sending aid to these countries?

Well, see there is actually 2 different books that keep financial records.

The one the public sees, shows the USA as being deeply in debt.

The other more comprehensive book, which is not popularized at all, shows the USA is making Massive profits off of everything. Well beyond the debt by leaps and bounds.

So really, in truth, theres tons of money laying around. They just do not want us to know about this.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
To all those people who are justifying the loss of any life with this country did this, that country did that....

How really truly sad human beings you all are! If this was happening in your own back yard with the loss of family, friends and loved ones I would suspect you would all have a very different opinion on matters whether it be Israel or any other country in the world!

You all make me sick

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
To "Deny Arrogance"

you said:

To be fair, many Israelis are dual American citizens. We don't have enough qualified single citizenship Americans to run our country, so Israel is doing us a huge favor. How many Haitian dual citizens have high positions of power and authority, making important decisions about the future of America?

To be fair, Israeli dual-citizens is the BIGGEST problem

For someone who calls himself "Deny Arrogance" you sure do make an arrogant claim that there are not enough qualified single citizenship Americans to run our country.

And it's good there aren't dual citizen Haitis running the AMERICAN government. That was an ignorant comment sir.

You sir are wrong and probably work for COINTELPRO. I hope they pay you well.

and surprise, surprise, you registered in December of 2009. Makes me think you just recently registered this account just so you can provide disinfo

Go tell your boss that you can't apologize for Israel forever.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by ancient_wisdom]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
We aid Israel because they are the only democracy in the Middle East, thereby deserving the support of the largest democracy on Earth. The aid largely goes to fund their purchases of our military weapons. Therefore, we aid ourselves.

Haiti, however, is not a purchaser of our military weapons. The aid to Haiti, $100 m, is in the form of sending aid; i.e., $100m in transports, foodstuffs, etc. We don't send them a check. A dollar goes a lot further in Haiti than it does in Israel, also.

Keep the money? Isolationism, the primary cause for WWI and WWII. Do you want that again?

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Jim Scott]

The primary cause of WW1 and 2 was not isolationism but bankster fraud. Israel is not a democracy, as they are intolerant of non-Jews.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great White Hunter

I suspected this all along. The way they media is covering this, how Obama very quickly is intervening, and the media news stories already talking about the relief catastrophe in Haiti, it's all a set up so they can steal some money. They'll say only a small percentage was stolen, but although that will probably be a lie, even if it is a small percentage, it's inhumane theft, something only an elitist could be guilty of. Whenever the president acts immediately on an otherwise "natural" disaster it is evident they were planning something from the beginning. Don't forget HAARP's role in this.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I've been saying all along that I'm highly suspicious/sceptical about the 'reports' coming out of Haiti via Western media

For example, here in Oz, we just watched the late evening news

The reporter was obviously scared (of losing his job) so there was very little he could say openly

What he did do was interview a woman claimed by the headlines to have been 'pulled from the carnage' after 60 hours or something

And there she was. Fresh as a daisy. Not even liberally daubed with that grey dust they've shown so much of

The woman, playing shamelessly to the cameras, rolled her eyes 'real big' and said 'It just happened SO FAST ! '

The reporter struggled to keep the sarcasm from his voice as he said, ' And look at you ! You look so FRESH ! Your make-up is SO FRESH ! '

and it was. If this woman had been 'buried' in anything for longer than three minutes, it must have been fantasy-dust

Very defensively .. and still playing to the cameras with luxuriant display of cleavage and newly-applied lipstick, the allegedly 'rescued woman' repeated, ' Yes. Because it was SO FAST ! And I was just going to WORK ! '

Like so many of these reports, the woman hadn't a mark on her. Her hair was freshly styled. Not a spot of the usual dust on her immaculate clothing or skin. Make up glowing like Oscar night. After allegedly being 'buried for 60 hours'

I swear we heard the reporter both laugh and groan

Keep those donations flooding in

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Dude are you serious ?

Are you saying there is no problem in Haiti and its all an illusion ?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What does concern me is where all the money goes.

back when the sunami hit in indonesia there was a huga amount of cash 'pledged' .... whatever pledged means... but can anyone tell us if the homes and buildings have been rebuilt yet.

Same with the damage from Katrina, areas of new orleans still lye in pieces.

So where does the cash go ?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well, of course the USA gave 30 Billion Dollars to Israel. Who do you think USA is actually run by? Certainly not Haiti.

Maybe one day when Haitians run the U.S. government they'll be able to send 30 Billion Dollars to themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
Unless I misunderstood the point of the thread, this is about the huge disparity in the aid being given to Haiti. Israel doesn't need 30 billion dollars and yet they are getting a blank check for billions and our most powerful war machines. Haiti desperately needs aid and infrastructure to stabilize the country, reduce the extreme systemic poverty, help the injured, and rebuild from the destruction, yet they are only receiving a fraction of the amount of Israel.

They are getting 30B over the next 10 years. It's not a lump sum payment. Also, 75% of it will be spent on military aid from the US, so the money will be employing Americans. At least that the theory.

Also, why is it the responsiblity of the US to stablize Haiti? I mean, we went to Iraq to stablize that country, and it seems like everyone on ATS freaks and geeks over that. So, why Haiti and not Iraq?

Why is is the US' responsibility to "aid" Israel. They have the biggest and strongest econ0omy in the mideast, they do not NEED any "aid" from anyone. Why are we supposed to "stabilise" Iraq? Oh yeah, it's unstable because we blew everything up.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

That LOL truly puts everything into perspective

Thanks for bringing this up. If one is to compare and contrast then one will get somewhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Star and Flag
30bn to people with low population and national healthcare to subsizide a militarized country setting up an apartheid?

I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice how 30BILLION to ISRAEL DID NOT MAKE MSN

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Star and Flag
30bn to people with low population and national healthcare to subsizide a militarized country setting up an apartheid?

I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice how 30BILLION to ISRAEL DID NOT MAKE MSN

Research a bit on who runs the mainstream media networks and where those people originated from, and you'll see why things like this don't make the msn.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join