It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness gone Mad; Britain is lost...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Please read the article linked here :

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now it is possible, and likely, that a citizen of Britain will be hauled away under arrest for mere ' suspicion' that you MAY have used a term that MIGHT be interpreted by SOME few people as POSSIBLY offensive!!

The poor guy in this saga was totally innocent, did nothing, and was eventually released, WITH his DNA on file forever in the hands of Big Brother. The man that did make a statement in an email that used a common slang term not known in the USA widely: " Likey ", which was used in the following sentence; " It is the ' do as you likey' attitude I am against."

The email was a response to a group of Gypsies who had moved a mobile home in next to a revered monument and scenic place of rare beauty. the man was just voicing his dislike of the trailer being placed there, and although I am not sure what ' likey' may mean to some people in a negative sense, this seems to me to be so far over the line that it shows the extent of how far fair England has fallen.

If the police and councils feel that they are under some obligation to eliminate even the possibility that someone may be offended in some way, then how much freedom really exists in the Isles? It makes me shudder to think that this can and will creep over the pond to us in as much outrageous abusiveness as seen in this example.

Anyone doubt that the NWO has a firm grasp on the first world nations? Begin with the oldest and most revered social system and destroy it bit by bit to accomodate foreign interests and moneyed bankers and their ilk. Then enact laws that reduce the people to silent and complacent minions afraid to speak up lest they also fall prey to a voracious political correctness squad, courtesy of every local constable. God help us all.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

So because he used the word 'likey' which happens to sound like 'pikey' they arrested him?

That is ridiculous.

However I really don't think that this proves that Britain is 'lost', whatever that means.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's hardly the end of England, but the tone of the Daily Mail article makes it sound like it. The Daily Mail has so many political axes to grind.... hates everything apart from middle-class white folks and old money. The article uses the 'wealthy white middle-class family man' to score points. Gypsies, bureaucrats, police, political correctness, New Labour, DNA database etc all take a knock. The Mail is a sly tabloid.

The guy and article aren't honest enough to say they don't like gypsies. Instead, they claim that it's inappropriate to have a traveller living '200ft from the most important and historical battlefield in the country.' Check out Stonehenge...it's got a coach park and a fricking A-Road running past.

ATS T&Cs made me write more than a two-line F-strewn rant.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow, what can you say? Arrested for an email that might offend someone because a word rhymes with a slang term that the accused didn't even send. Amazing, but perhaps no worse than what America has done in it's war on terror where people are grabbed at night and flown off to be tortured on nothing more than hearsay. It truly is political correctness gone mad. The Hastings battlefield is to Britons what Yorktown is to Americans, the place where the modern state was born. Move that trailer, pronto!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
People who are offended are the people who need to shut the # and stop being such sensative, weak minded, sheltered fools. Offend away I say.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Can we have a moratorium on threads that claim something about the demise of Britain, only to then use the Daily Mail as the main source?

It's getting a bit silly.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm going to be very non PC and say these types of people are NOT gypsies for one! A real traveling gypsy would never leave the mess these guys do, nor would they get into a house & squat there.

These so called gypsies are using the term to gane a status, to turn themselves into victims, which is a very easy thing to do in the UK today. I would call people who fly tip, drive stolen & untaxed vehicles, leave stinking human waste everywhere and let their dogs run wild a lot worse things than pikeys!

They call themselves travellers, yet they want the public to pay for them to have static homes? Work that # out.

top topics

join