It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who likes George Noory more than Art Bell?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I find Art Bell more entertaining actually, but I like George much more as a person. On the Predictions 2010 episode this Dec 30, Art Bell expressed his friendship for Rush Limbaugh, who I can't STAND, I know he was sick and all and that's sad, but it's clear they're very good friends. And he supports the War on Terror and said he didn't like the French when a prediction about Paris being blown up was brought up.

I think George is much more open minded and also a much more caring person. Almost TOO open minded but at least he doesn't poo poo anyone's ideas no matter how wacky they are.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Art is way better then George. I often pass on new episodes to hear old Art episodes. George seems too goofy. And the way he won't stop about certain things like his oil theory and claiming to be familiar with everything he hears even though as he conducts the interview it's obvious he has no idea what he's talking about.

I'll take Ian over George anyday but Art is the best.

I do miss that woman who used to fill in. Barbara something. She was hysterical.

Does anyone like the French?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I much prefer George to Art, for many of the same reasons. Mostly though I find Art really condesending, he talks down to people as though he has a right too. And that really winds me up.
The other thing I really don't like is the way he parades his daughter for all and sundry, I think it is naive to think that all people who look at cute pics of children are doing it with a clean heart.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Definitely Art Bell, there's something about George that annoys me. Art was born to talk on Radio and dose a great job when he's on radio. Thats why he was so successful! He done alot of great interviews with alot of very intresting people. Although i wouldn't pick Ian over George, he annoys me even more.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Not that i listen to either very much, but George is certainly more 'personable' than Art.

I find Art to be impatient and terse.

George on the other hand, seems to be genuinely interested in the people he is interviewing, and tends to let them have more of their own say.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by serenecalamityz

The other thing I really don't like is the way he parades his daughter for all and sundry, I think it is naive to think that all people who look at cute pics of children are doing it with a clean heart.

Oh yeah, plus his wife is so young - I mean I understand that Ramona (tragically) died and he was very close to suicide, and even old guys like young women in their 20s, but it's still kinda weird to have a 25-30 year old wife when you're 60.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. It's not a fair comparison because they each have their own styles and personalities. So, I like them both, actually.

It's sad, to me, though that you choose to dislike Art because of his opinions on things, which actually has very little bearing on how he ran the show.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I do miss that woman who used to fill in. Barbara something.

Her name was Barbara Simpson. I didn't care too much for her. Though she was a heck of a lot better than that Rollye James that they had fill in quite often a couple years ago. I couldn't stand her. I always turned my radio off and just tried to go to sleep without thoughts of aliens and shadow folk going through my head.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
George is great but he blabbers on too much about non story related issues.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. It's not a fair comparison because they each have their own styles and personalities. So, I like them both, actually.

It's sad, to me, though that you choose to dislike Art because of his opinions on things, which actually has very little bearing on how he ran the show.

I love him as a host, I just dislike him as a person. In some ways, he is still kinda likable, despite the fact that he does not seem like a very nice person.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I firmly stand on Art Bell's side of the line. If something a guest was presenting seemed bs to Art, he'd call them out on it. Whereas Noory tends to agree with it and exploit it for ratings. I had no more to do with Noory after he allowed Alex Jones to advocate rebellion and disobedient protest without saying a damn word to him. There is nothing I like about this man.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Who likes George Noory more than Art Bell?

There was a time that I felt like Noory was trying to move Coast to Coast more into the mainstream, which was really disappointing. I canceled my streaming account with them and just visited them on the web after that.

Today, some of that mainstreaming effort has (apparently) been belayed but I have always like Art bell better... and Noory does often come across as a little smug.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree. I'd rather hear Art Bell than George Noory. If someone says "I was captured by a 12 foot alien, Noory is likely to say he was captured by an even bigger alien. I know, I exaggerate, Noory hasn't said he's been captured by aliens, yet, but he often seems to have this need to play the, oh yeah? Well, I did that, too, and it was way better than you, sort of stuff. And, Noory, yes, I get it!! You don't believe in coincidence. How many times do you have to tell us this?

Okay, I admit, I don't listen to C2C as much as I used to. And that is because George Noory is the host. Ian Punnet is much better than when he first took over a few years ago. Back then he would hang up on callers that wanted to talk about end times. That'a a rather closed-minded approach to a show of C2C's format. He's much improved. And he.......... no longer...........does much................of.............that Captain Kirk sort of hesitating when he................speaks.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Noory panders to his guests. He is the master of the puff piece. He doesn't hold a candle to Art, or Knapp, or even Punnett for that matter. At least the later three can ask the hard questions and show journalistic integrity.

Noory has no clue what that is!

IRM

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I stopped listening to C2C entirely when Noory was cutting deep into the precious few minutes of show time every hour to plug his book. My last straw with the show was when George plugged his book for an entire half hour segment.

Now I just listen to lectures on my Ipod when I'm driving

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Art Bell was there for some of the classic shows. Never took it seriously, but enjoyed the entertainment value. That crazy religious psycho character was just awesome comedy. I skip the Noory shows and listen to the guest shows with Knapp and similar.

If anyone hasn't heard of the Paracast with Dave Biedny and Gene Steinberg, it can be really good. Two hour shows with two guests at the most. They give the worst guests a rough ride and let the good guys talk at length. The archives are at Paracast Show Archives. The forums are cool too. They hate George 'Snorey.' THe archives have most of the big names in UFO research and the paranormal.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As has been stated, Art and George have different interview styles. Art was mucher more of a tougher interviewer than George as his method was more aimed at letting the guest have the floor under their direction.

I think that Art's popularity may also be based on the original an interesting guests tht he had on this pioneering show.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by The_Archangel]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Art used to be better, but ever since he got married and had a kid he has lost his grumpy personality.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Art Bell hands down...he was a bit chessy at times, but was always dramatic, would take the shows in a direction or path that wasn't so predictable. Loved the way he would hold off and tease to make you stick around until the next hour.
He also had a sense of humor and even would be poking fun at the caller or guest and they wouldn't even realize it. Harsh, dramatic, funny, but fair. Really miss his show from the midnight deserts of Nevada.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I used to listen EVERY night for 15 years. Now i check, who the host is, who the guest is and i might just listen if the guest is interesting enough.

They are ALL scared to death of politics, world events, and as far as Ian, well, he does well with Beatles legends.

IT AINT WHAT IT USED TO BE FOLKS!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join