Who likes George Noory more than Art Bell?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Remember that with out Art there would be no George. My hat off to both. With out them the world would be dull.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I was interviewed by George one time. Just wanted to point that out there.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I definately like George Noory alot more, I think he is a better and more honest person who likes to listen to all points of view. Plus I like his voice alot better.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet

I definately like George Noory alot more, I think he is a better and more honest person who likes to listen to all points of view. Plus I like his voice alot better.

I am the opposite to you in my thinking that art was better voice and better at debating and interviewing. But georges voice is better than ian that does weekends, which i just cannot listen to.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I talked to Art Bell on his show once and I have to say ,, I like him more ^^ woot!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I listen to Coast to Coast most mornings as I go to work. If George is boring or has a boring guest,I listen to Phil Hendrie on 95.3 in Chattanooga. George is hot and cold,you can never tell with Him if a show will be good or bad.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I started listening to C2C in 1993.
While I still listen to archived shows on the website or even some with Ian Punnett as host, I find the current show with George Noory completely unlistenable. For those who can stomach the guy, more power to you, but Bell was and always will be the voice of the show. Noory is like a knock off Rolex some guy is selling at the nearest street corner.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
George Noory was in flagrant conflict of interest when, during the Nov. 10th show, he abruptly cut off a caller who criticized the book 'The Choice' by Mike Bara. Noory wrote an endorsement of the book that was actually printed on the back cover.

Very, very shameful. Here's the smoking gun:
www.youtube.com...

I might add, just for the benefit of people who are truly clueless about astronomy (as Mike Bara evidently is) that "Howard," the caller, was absolutely correct.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Asertus because: extra info

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I like George and have accepted his style. But Art WAS C2C and he made the show connect every time. Few can do that in many fields let alone radio. Ian is as close to Art in many ways and as time goes on I bet he will be the one who takes it over.
edit on 5/19/2012 by Humint1 because: Add text

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I've really ENJOYED George as host of Coast to Coast. Some subjects are more tolerable than others. But I enjoy his guests that have the same interests that I have. He does well with the interviews and really does have an interest in a lot of subjects (It shows too). Sometimes he will kid people, I"ve heard him about a week ago saying to caller he got the wrong number and he was on a line with somebody (but not him). He led him on and never told him who he was. The caller ending up thinking he broke into a wrong line, and it was not coast to coast. He ended up talking to him after the break and the caller said. I just talked to a guy that sounded like you. But George never let up it was him. George has some good recall on many subjects. Would love to have him play my music I sent him, because I think it is very special. But I totally understand they get thousands and thousands of albums. I know I've heard callers say, they have tried to get on the show for years and NOT being able to get in. But that is certainly not his fault. I think he and the whole crew is wonderful. As for Art, what I've heard I really like. I'll have to find "the best of Art Bell" so I can get more of an idea. I've been a Coast to Coast member (Coast Insider) and Really think it is one of the best 29 dollars ever six months I"ve spent. I actually think I have some music that is every bit as good as many of the instrumentals they play, but I do like some very much. Others I don't understand how it got on.

But I do realize that that show is BIG, I think the second largest radio show in the world or US. I think they have over 500 affiliates.

George is close to my age, I have written him, but they just must get flooded with emails.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hah, personally I like them both, and I'm also a huge fan of the JOe Rogan podcast. Not sure if I am allowed to "plug" Joe Rogan's podcast, but he frquently addresses consipiracy theories, UFOs, Anunaki, spiritaulity, etc., and I think he's really smart and funny too. Might sound like I have a man crush on Joe Rogan, but I guess I do. He's awesome.

The more people we have discussing htese important issues, the better imo.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think Noory is better than Bell but Bell paved the way.

I actually hate listening to that gravelly voiced John Wells taking over for Ian. It is agonizingly painful to listen to his voice. He spikes the ball by keeping his side of the mike louder than the guests, and lastly he speaks just slow enough that you concentrate on how much you hate listening to him rather than what he is saying.

If you make your living by your voice try to make it less painful to listen to.

Take some voice lessons, take some opera lessons try to do your job in the best way possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by serenecalamityz
I much prefer George to Art, for many of the same reasons. Mostly though I find Art really condesending, he talks down to people as though he has a right too. And that really winds me up.
The other thing I really don't like is the way he parades his daughter for all and sundry, I think it is naive to think that all people who look at cute pics of children are doing it with a clean heart.

I agree. I mean I understand that people who have been listening forEVER are completely attached and devoted to Art like he's their daddy or something but I am always turned off by someone who is so condescending and quick to dismiss someone on the phones. George at least gives people a second to establish what they are saying. If you don't start within a millisecond of Art saying HELLO, he hangs up on you. How many awesome callers has he hung up on? Only God knows.

And I agree, we know you love your new wife and daughter but sometimes it's a bit much! It gets the point where it seems like he's showing off a pet or a new toy. "Look what I just got!"

Though I will admit, sometimes George can be a little naive. lol You all know what I'm talking about. And yes, he does seem cranky on some shows and slurs his words or stumbles... but he's much more cordial to his guests.

My favorite is John B Wells. Ian Punnett has a lot of great topics too. I think the host gets to pick. Punnett seems to have a lot of the true crime topics.

V, that's actually what we call a good radio voice. The deep voice that Wells has.
edit on 4-6-2012 by 08051962 because: I studied radio programming in college

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Each has their own style, and like other posters have already said Noory seems to let others have their limelight giving them a better leg to stand on in expressing themselves. I find with Art, he likes to steer the topics himself, and inserts odd variables in the interviews to change it up.. to make it seem to have more "mystique" or something.

I do like both, don't really know anything about them personally. Art Bell's views are really disheartening if true, considering the environment he was in, you figure he'd be past that. I know nothing about Noory. I do know there is a website basically dedicated to hating Noory's guts, and it's exceedingly venomous and surreal, with daily posts in the forums spitting said venom.

Personally, I do not bother "tuning in" to live casts at all, unless it's something I know I will certainly enjoy.. Like Graham Hancock or something. Which is rare.. normally C2C is a total crap-shoot, running the gamut of either being "really fascinating" or really "batchit crazy-talk for 4 hours". So I usually sort through the "classics" listings or by guest/title. To be perfectly honest, I don't care much about the host as I do the guest or subject matter.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It is hard to say because like you said Art is entertaining. As a person he seems like a blowhard. I do not think I would enjoy dinner with him over George. George seems to actually like - you know - people and stuff. Art likes himself and what he has to say about what other people want to tell him. George wants to hear you.

This is all just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Well we are stuck with George want him or not. I am not really sure I fully understand why Art gave up. The Coast to Coast show seems to have become more remote. It seems to me, and it's just my opinion, they have become so big they realize they do not have to pay more than a passing notice to us regular folks. It's all about them, what they want to say, what they want to talk about, like they have become elite.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Noory is okay, I guess, although he seems a little too "enthusiastic. I never heard Art, but I hear he was good.

That being said, I like John the best because he has such a sexy voice.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

George and Art are both awesome in their own ways. Personally, I'd like to have them permanently hosting together. It would be interesting to hear the debates they would have with each other.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
the problem with noory is, he has too many of those people that talk about "dreams" and talking to the dead, nothing that can be verified, and simply boils down to someone that has the gift of gab...jesus, who cares what people dream, doesn't mean a damn thing in reality...in other words BORING. i now immediately turn off his show when anything like that comes on.
and viewer call-ins...arrgghh!!!...if a person can not talk in full sentences, and sound like they have an IQ of a rock...go to the next caller!!....ian and knapp are the best, that guy on sat. with the low, low, low, voice has too many too many right-wing nutters on.
edit on 12-7-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join