It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Starwalker

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi Ladies and Gents,
I haven't been on this forum for a while and sincerely hope you are all well and had a great Christmas and New Year!
My topic today is on the enigma of the Real Starwalkers Television program, that is set to go worldwide in May/ April of this year.
For those that have not heard of this ; it is another reality television (but this time with an unusual twist). The twist being that the ultimate prize is to become one of the first civilian Astronauts!

There have been a few small news /current affairs items concerning this competion, and I think at this stage its still fairly obscure (my friends that I mention it to haven't seem to have heard).

Securing a position is only ensured after competing in different events; 50% of participants are apparently elimenated with each task.
The first task: A 21Km half marathon.
Second Task : simply known as "Boat Challenge". This I can only assume involves some kind of test involving confined space and cooperation between fellow competitors.

Anyhow, I am pleased to say that I have been selected for the first episode.
I am busy training for said 1/2 Marathon; although quite fit, I am battling some tibial knee pain.

I plan to let you all know how its going, and would be pleased to hear your feedback and suggestions/criticisms......anyone like to offer any knowledge regarding Astronaut training?
....its a big challenge, going into space has been a dream since I was a child...hope I get to experience it!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Good luck! I hope you make it to space! Maybe you'll see some ETs? Tell ATS if you meet any little green men.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Nice! Post up the acceptance letter and stuff!

I signed up too, did not get any feedback

Whats your first name? you don't have to give it, i just want to know who to look for.

Good luck! hope your knee gets better!

Peace and love,
Brandon

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
My topic today is on the enigma of the Real Starwalkers Television program, that is set to go worldwide in May/ April of this year.)

As was mentioned in the other thread on this it looks just like en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
let me be the first to say COOL

best of luck and I sincerly hope you win. if your knee is hurting, maybe think about getting one od those strechy knee supports:

I also read that stretchy socks, pulled up your calfs will help you run for longer.
engery drinks help me exerise more too.

And dont let the admin rope you into mentioning the site on the show. you know what they are like. OMG IT's ROBBIE.....

good luck

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

i thought that too. but i doubt that it will be tried again.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
" The Starwalker reality television show ("Starwalker") is produced by Pisces All Media and Red Vision Manchester (the “Producers”). "

from their official website:www.starwalkershow.com...

red vision:www.redvision.co.uk...

An award winning CGI company,

sucks... also i find it strange the graphics on the tv website no real spacesuit just a bad photoshop, there are references to a sciencefiction book...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Congratulations, I hope you get to go. Very cool. Don't let them use the neuralizer on you so you can give us the scoop.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Best of luck KRISKALI777 !

If my memory serves me , you are to be found in the Southern Hemisphere .... correct ?
If so , you already have a head start .

I was looking for a bit more info on your entriguing endevour and i found this ....

One controversial aspect of Starwalker is that it involves separate competitions from entrants in the southern and northern hemispheres. According to the World Bank, the global population is 6,692,030,277, with about 90% of the people living in the northern hemisphere.

Since the competition will chose one winner from each hemisphere, this means your odds are 1 in 6,022,827,249 in the north and 1 in 669,203,028 in the south. 6 billion vs. 700 million! Why the favoritism towards the southern hemisphere?

The answer is simple: 2 of the 3 series co-founders are from Australia, and they want to boost their country's spaceflight stature. I can't be too angry at their decision; after all, they're fellow ISU alumni.

link

There seems to be a big mystery as to whom is bankrolling the venture also . Is that still the case ?

The show culminates in two winners flying into orbit as fully-fledged astronauts on a Soyuz rocket.

link

Do you have a support team lined up - can they get a few photos ? If you could post some pictures here, that would be fabulous .

Do you know how many contestants will feature on the first televised episode yet ?

I hope you go far .

=============================================

[edit on 10-1-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sounds familiar, anyone in the UK remember the show hosted by Johnny Vaughn? Space Camp was it? I hope this show isn't like that.

Good luck to you mate, hope the knee holds out! Green eyed monster over here...

Sendran.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
For your knee you might try 0steo-bi-flex, and maybe some tigerbalm, the closed to the indian source as you can get. As for the training, you should find some martial arts quickly and give it your best. I personally favor togakure ryu nimpo taijutsu if you can find it, or budo taijutsu. Good luck to you, keep us posted.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have knee injuries too, STRETCH EVERY MORNING!

Do splits as far as you can go, touch your toes with finger tips, then knuckles (and hold for a time), and while standing straight kick your leg straight out and up, and touch your toes that way.

Helps to loosen and relax my legs and knees!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have no advice.

Just want to say-

BECOME HISTORIC!

And enter space and history.

Tell us about it after you land.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the positive comments people, I do truly appreciate it!

I think there would be quite a few of us here (on forum) that would jump at the chance! In my case it will be....run, jump, swim blah,blah,blah.

Just came back from a run now, both knees are a bit sore but I got some new orthopaedic innersoles that seem to make a little positive difference; I guess I'm still getting over the pounding I gave my legs last wednesday!
I've been pushing it a little too much...one of my friends laughed when I told hiom how far and long I'd been running after not doing it for a while.....he said "Man, thats too much".

Running is my least favorite activity (as far as training goes); but I do believe that "Nothing good, ever came easy"!

In response to the show all being some kind of hoax; I have done some research and have read various comments on other sites.
I know there are sceptics with everything, thats cool...this site wouldn't exist if we didn't question!
But I am quite confident that IT IS NOT A HOAX.
I will not post the personal E-mail I got from the shows producers, as I am not sure that this would be in accordance with the contest rules (once I find that it is O.K. to do this I will).
I am confident that it is Bonafide as I have been invited to take part in a 'Breakfast Run' in Sydney on the 23rd January by the shows producers.
This from what I can gather is a prelimenary 'Meet and Greet'.

They are to have Personal Trainers on hand to aid and make suggestions upon individuals running technique, diet, and advice in regards to completing a Half Marathon.
Breakfast provided, and I can take my wife whom is my supportive running partener!

I met with Mr Mark Mason, Assistant Operations Manager of the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre today after my run; a very friendly and professional man, to see if its OK to train in un-orthodox swimming attire such as Fight suit and sneakers!
He only had reservations that the flight suit did not perish in chlorinated water and ruin their filtration system! Anyways, had to E-mail him the details of the show and specs of my flight suit where it would be taken before the board for executive decision! Fingers crossed.......will let you all know how it goes!
Kris.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Holy crap;
I cant wait to see this show;

You definitely need to do the BeachBody "Insanity" fitness program;

It will get you fit as hell in 60 days;

Seriously if you want to win;
start doing it

heres a link
www.beachbody.com...

good luck

[edit on 10-1-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Good luck to you and I hope you have a great time. I have been into physical fitness my whole life and I swear I couldn't run a half marathon.
You must be a bad** mofo. and you'll need to be in order to win. There are alot of people who want this opportunity just as badly if not worse than you do. All that means is that you'll have to train that much harder.

Train, train, train. When everyone else sleeps,TRAIN! When everyone else eats and drinks, TRAIN! You will have to eat,sleep, braeth,and Sh## training but in the end you'll be the one in space looking down on the mere mortals you've left in your wake.

Peace and good luck.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

Thanks for that!
It looks like an excellent program.

I am though by no means unfit. I have trained 4-6 hours a week for the past 2.5 years.
This is a new challenge. I have the Aerobic capacity to achieve results in the first task (its my knees that are letting me down at the moment). I have a Physiotherapy appointment tomorrow, and hopefully he can give me some advice.

Failing that, I think a Sports therapist is the next port of call!
I regularly ( after every session ) do the Taoist Yoga routine ' eight pieces of brockade' to increase my oxygen capacity; I learned this from years of Kung Fu training.

This fitness program does look very good though; although a bit pricey, but very well presented! I will probably buy it and have a go at it in the future.....my mind is set at the moment on Marathon training.
Thanks Dj!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by DjSharperimage

Thanks for that!
It looks like an excellent program.

I am though by no means unfit. I have trained 4-6 hours a week for the past 2.5 years.
This is a new challenge. I have the Aerobic capacity to achieve results in the first task (its my knees that are letting me down at the moment). I have a Physiotherapy appointment tomorrow, and hopefully he can give me some advice.

Failing that, I think a Sports therapist is the next port of call!
I regularly ( after every session ) do the Taoist Yoga routine ' eight pieces of brockade' to increase my oxygen capacity; I learned this from years of Kung Fu training.

This fitness program does look very good though; although a bit pricey, but very well presented! I will probably buy it and have a go at it in the future.....my mind is set at the moment on Marathon training.
Thanks Dj!!!

I have done Insanity and it is hardddd as hell!!!!
But you just got to stick with it;
It will push you farther then what you thought your body is capable of;
Its pricey but Beachbody is top of the line;

Here is more information

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Okay guys, I'm surprised none of you have picked up on this yet.

Starwalker is being run by Jonathan Nolan, known to ATS members as "Doghead" amongst a number of other names. From what I've seen he's stirred up quite a bit of feeling here in the past.

If you have a Facebook account, check out the group called "Starwalker: It's All A Bad Fraud!" for the now mountainous amount of information compiled on this "show"and the people running it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Slots

Good for you Slots!
I'm sure many of the organizers and participants are guilty of many transgressions in the past.....people can change. Yes it probably is an economic venture for the organizers; does anyone really commit to programs such as this for love or the fact they have so much money they don't know what to do with it??? I doubt it.
There have been a few artuicles floating about ( one on Parabolic arc) Can I mention that on here?? that have said that J.Nolan is a disbarred lawyer etc etc....WG'sAF?

Yeah I was also just "befriended" by an individual on FaceBook that calls themself "Starwalker Isafraud"; surprising the little evidence they were able to provide in order to prove their staunch views of that the whole concept is a farce from start to finish.
The only evidence they did provide was said article, as mentioned above on Parabolic arc.
Please provide more details to your blanket statements...I am interested, if you prove your case I am indebted to you.....until then - I wait.

Besides; tell me why they would hold the 'Breakfast Run' if indeed it was all a Haox???

Impatiently awaiting your informed reply

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join