It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering All Questions!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Where did the sumerians get their knowledge from?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Why does it burn when I pee?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by goddogo1

What is the Hebrew name for god?

The closest English approximation is YHWH, the Hebrew name for God is a Tetragrammaton (Word with four letters) (Pronounced "Yahweh") Composed of the Characters: יהוה

When not in prayer, and speaking of god in casual conversation, the word is "Hashem" or: השם

The reference to the specific Title "My Lord" is also used, Adonai, or: אֲדֹנָי

In the story of Moses's conversation with god, moses asks god's name and the response is "Ehyeh asher ehyeh" or: אהיה אשר אהיה

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Best martial art style to disarm weapons (knife, sword) from the opponent?

The most effective style for disarming an opponent appears to be "Krav Maga", a style used by Israel anti Terrorist units.

IT is a relatively new martial style, based partially on "Close Combat" techniques taught to allied soldiers during world war 2.

-Edrick

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arell

Where did the sumerians get their knowledge from?

Mostly through direct observation and logical deduction.... was there any specific type of knowledge that you were wondering about?

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

Why does it burn when I pee?

There are several different causes for a burning sensation during urination:

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

# Urinary tract infection
# Sexually transmitted diseases

* Gonorrhea
* Chlamydia

# Sexual intercourse
# Bladder conditions
# Cystitis
# Interstitial cystitis
# Urethral conditions (type of Urinary disorders)
# Urethritis
# Yeast infections (type of Fungal infections)
# Candidiasis
# Prostate conditions
# Prostatitis
# Enlarged prostate
# Kidney stones
# Urinary irritants

* Spicy foods
* Acidic foods
* Caffeine
* Alcohol
* Hygiene product reaction
* Soap allergy
* Scented toilet paper
* Douches
* Deodorants
* Bubble bath chemicals

# Dehydration
# Genital herpes

It could be any number of reasons.

Perhaps consulting a doctor would be the best advice.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hey Ed, if you are working with people to answer questions, you should talk to the ATS staff. They might be able to give you a position on answering questions, maybe your own forum topic. Really enjoying getting questions answered

Another Question! (Maybe your smarter than my doc haha) my doctor says it’s what we like to call floaters, or sun spots. When you see those things move across our eye. Well what I see sometimes is entirely different. I see more like orbs, like a blue circle (orb) will appear for a sec then go away. Also I see little specs of black sometimes real quickly and they go away. What do you think this could be? I definitely know it’s not HPPD, or floaters I’ve done the research. I also don’t get migraines so I know it’s not that either. What do you think?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Do Reptilians exist, and furthermore, are they among us?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Another Question! (Maybe your smarter than my doc haha) my doctor says it’s what we like to call floaters, or sun spots. When you see those things move across our eye. Well what I see sometimes is entirely different. I see more like orbs, like a blue circle (orb) will appear for a sec then go away. Also I see little specs of black sometimes real quickly and they go away. What do you think this could be? I definitely know it’s not HPPD, or floaters I’ve done the research. I also don’t get migraines so I know it’s not that either. What do you think?

"Eye Floaters" are clumps of tiny fibers within your eye (The ocular Jelly that your eye contains) clump together and cast "Shadows" onto your retina.

The perception is that of small strands "Stuck" wherever you look.

That these "Clumps" of fibers are contained within the eye, as opposed to the surface of the cornea, is the reason that their movement does not follow the movement of your eye.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

Do Reptilians exist, and furthermore, are they among us?

There is much speculation as to whether these "Reptilians" exist, and also a great many theories as to WHAT they are.

We can see that the mythologies of MANY human civilizations seem to contain some form of reptilian creatures.

This Topic by "Serbsta" covers the History of the reptilian in ancient history and myth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A possible theory, is that Reptilians are actually an evolved form of Dromaeosauridae Theropods that survived the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event and gained sentience, and intelligence.

Since these descendants of ancient dinosaurs were from a warmer climate, they may have survived by moving into caves and tunnels, digging within the earth.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
No see they aren’t eye floaters, I know this for a fact. They are probably an auric form of a migraine.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

We apologize for the inconvenience, our Answer Representative has misread your question, and not answered correctly.

He is being punished as we speak with tiny paper cuts and salt, while being forced to listen to polka, backwards, ad high speed.

No see they aren’t eye floaters, I know this for a fact. They are probably an auric form of a migraine.

Optical signals that are interpreted in your brain have several mechanisms that are subject to error.

The retina may be damaged, and misrepresenting information to your cerebral cortex.

The Ocular organ (Eye) may be experiencing sporadic bloodflow, or lack of oxygen.

Your optic nerves may be pinched, or damaged.

Your visual cortex may be experiencing blood flow problems.

The most probable answer is sudden loss of oxygen from the visual cortex caused by a quick decrease in blood pressure (Standing up too fast, etc)

This would cause some of the neurons that translate optic information to visual images to "Go to Sleep" and the pattern of these "Dots" would be consistent with the patterns of blood vessels in that region of the brain, but not correlated to your actual field of vision, and as such, would appear random.

Migranes are often linked to this phenomenon because a Headache (Or Migrane) is caused by the misfiring of certain neurons in the brain, that cause blood vessels to contract.

This contraction (And the pressure of the blood) puts strain on the blood vessels, causing "Pain" receptors to fire.

This is how Aspirin (Blood Thinner) and Ibuprofen (Anti Inflammatory) work to alleviate headaches.

Migraines are linked to this phenomenon (Eye Spots) due to the restriction of blood flow in the brain, causing oxygen deprivation.

IT is possible that blood vessels ARE being constricted in your case, but in a place that would not set off the "Headache", possibly before the "Blood Brain Barrier"

If these "Dots" happen often, and are long lasting, an experiment would be to try aspirin, or ibuprofen, to see if this solves your "Eye Spot" issue.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Damn see thats a good answer! We need someone like you in ATS all the time. If I can star and flag more I would haha. Great Thread

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Okay, Ill bite.

Is Ceres, the dwarf planet that resides in, and follows the same path around the Sun as the asteroid belt, the "Central Sun", of the destroyed planet "Tiamat"?

I speculate it is, how say the answer machine?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Is Ceres, the dwarf planet that resides in, and follows the same path around the Sun as the asteroid belt, the "Central Sun", of the destroyed planet "Tiamat"?

Ceres is classified as a "Protoplanet" that follows a slightly inclined eccentric orbit between mars and Jupiter (The asteroid belt) the current speculation suggest that is was formed during the formation of the solar system, and never fully materialized into a planet.

Given the significant water ice content on its surface, the preceding explanation is unlikely.

Ceres appears to be the remnant of the dense iron core of a planet that was destroyed by gravitational tidal forces, and possible planetary impact.

The density of the core (With increased gravity) held some of the surface water from the planets previous surface to the core itself, (a small portion that was not boiled off during tectonic upheaval) and subsequently froze to its surface.

This is possibly the "Central Sun" of the planet "Tiamat" that you speak of.

And this would lend credence to the myths of "Marduk", the "Sun God" who "Slew Tiamat" and cast it into the abyss.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Have any of your answers been incorrect? Or is this a case of perception and nothing being correct or incorrect?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Have any of your answers been incorrect? Or is this a case of perception and nothing being correct or incorrect?

Our staff understands your hesitation in accepting as complete gospel our Truth.

We appreciate your insistence on verification of factual data, and your reluctance to accept any and all answers given as "Truth" merely because they are presented with confidence and a hint of authority.

Our primary mission at the Answer Broadcasting System is to deliver the most accurate answers that we possibly can, to any and ALL questions (As the Title of the Thread states that ALL questions shall be answered)

We appreciate your recognition of the subjective nature of some of the answers being presented by our staff, and the inherent impossibility of being able to discern the absolute truth about everything, ever.

IT is important to understand that most questions that would be asked in a setting such as this, (Or OF a Challenge such as the title of this thread presents) are actually "S&@T Tests" that are not designed to be answered, due to the nature of their inherent "unknowability".

Considering this, Our staff recommends that you perceive the answers provided by our service as either:

Heavily researched information relevant to the question.

Or

An Alternate perspective designed to assist the questioner in forming their own conclusion.

as appropriate to the nature of the question being asked OF our service.

We thank you for your query into the nature of this discussion, and Commit to our assurance that all of our staff that present false answers shall be subject to severe looks of disapproval, mightily wagged fingers, possible wedgies, and stolen office supplies; until morale or accuracy improves.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Incredible...I don't know if I should be pissed off by the answer or if I should accept it. Hey, should I be pissed off by the answer or should I accept it?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You missed my first question but I forgive you.

How long would a person live without their body, just the head hooked up to a machine?

like this vvv

WARNING: DISTURBING CONTENT

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Incredible...I don't know if I should be pissed off by the answer or if I should accept it. Hey, should I be pissed off by the answer or should I accept it?

Are Truth and Anger, Mutually Exclusive?

-Edrick

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Edrick]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join