It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Prepped for what is to come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I was off work today and bored.

The History Channel, one after another, was showing what to do after a national emergency.

First, there was this ex-recon ranger that showed how to survive and move around in a post emergency environment, gathering food....starting a fire with steel wool and a 9 volt battery........communicating with others via CB radio and how to assemble such a broadcast station.

Then there was a family of three that wandered the countryside, littered with advice on what to look for in order to survive, how to find food, fuel and water.

Why are they showing these shows now?

Am I being paranoid ( as well as being informed)?

[edit on 1/10/10 by StonyJ]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes first off because if something was about to go down they wouldn't want you or me to survive it.

They aren't going to put that kind of information out there right before hand.

The History and Discovery Channels often have theme days, weekends and weeks.

One weekend might all be about wars. Another about ancient mysteries, another about survival, etc., etc.

They do it in part to increase advertising revenues.

The more viewers that they can show for certain types of programing tuning in and watching the more they can sell the advertising slots for.

It's a way to package a series of progams to the viewers to keep them tuned in for an extended time period.

It's also a way for them to present a precise demographic for advertisers for an extended period of time.

Everything is fine, relax, buy a dog, if he starts barking uncontrollably and won't stop, somethings happening...he will let you know!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There has been a massive increase in this type of entertainment in the western media over the past 5 years or so. Weather that is a knee jerk reaction to the approach of 2012, I do not know but the more people who become receptive to these ideas and training the better.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
And they DID keep me locked in for quite a few hours!

I even took notes! I especially liked the steel wool/ 9 volt battery trick to start a fire. Seems like a lot easier way than rubbing two sticks together.

It just seemed strange that these shows just kept coming at me. Kind of like I was being given a message.

Thanks for the insight on programming strategy...I was a bit taken aback.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree - a few days ago they had Armageddon Day - showed every which way the Earth could be destroyed. They do the theme days a lot.

Always good to be prepared, even so!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I guess its just a good time to be in the doom and gloom market.

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Yes first off because if something was about to go down they wouldn't want you or me to survive it.

Hmmm. Somehow I have this odd feeling I can't quite explain that they would want you to survive it, not me, or the rest of us.

Everything is fine, relax, buy a dog, if he starts barking uncontrollably and won't stop, somethings happening...he will let you know!

There are no fire hydrants on my street. It's awful.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I noticed that.

I think its apocalypse week on the History channel.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
I guess its just a good time to be in the doom and gloom market.

QFT. Phear sells right now (as usually).

As above, so below; Just as our science, technology and culture are reflections of our mindset, so is fearbusinness. It is sad to see that people are so afraid.

This is somewhat offtopic, but to lead happier life, carpe diem and fear not!

-v

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
well!!!! are they preparing us??? I don't think so? they don't care! are they preparing for sth??? yes most probable! first ask the questions
1 why is there fema coffins ready on demand? government said in case of natural disaster!!!
2 why did the governments build a seed volt in the north pole and filled it will all different kinds of seeds from all over the world! AGAIN they said in case of a natural disaster! if that is not being prepared,, then I don't know! there are lots of these cases! I would say be prepared anyway! expect anything and keep an open mind!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is a sort of chicken and egg question, but I don't think so. Why would they bother?
Yes there has been an increase in disaster/survival themes. Heck on a couple of recent TV series in the UK, there were references to the NWO and Bilderberg etc. It was as if the writers had been reading ATS and the like.
Oh hang on, maybe they do.
According to Roland Emmerich, 2012 was going to be another disaster movie - till he heard about 2012 and decided to run with that. And I believe him.
We are also about to get another series of 'Survivors'.
But why would our governments try to give us coded warnings so we could be a bit prepared? They aren't that altruistic.
Of course those who see Webbot as a predictor of events might argue that the media, in reflecting the 'Zeitgeist', is also predicting what is to come. A whole other issue maybe.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Also, unless I am mistaken, Armageddon Week is being used to help promote the movie "The Book of Eli" that is coming out the 15th.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It does seem as though they are preparing us for something. I feel something HUGE is going to happen this year that is going to make 911 look like something small in comparison.

top topics

join