It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed up of 2012 theories

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by starshiner

all I have to say to this thread so far is remember the Y2K BS? Need I say more? I will be laughing my arse off on December 23rd of 2012..........

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i have seen a few pyramid debunkers stating that the alien wall drawings are in fact a vase with special plant oils in, but still remains the question is that how can they debunk this z.hubpages.com...
maybe they had paper aeroplanes and forsaw these wonderful machines being developed in the near future sorry i meant distant! 2102 is 2012 so take 2010 minus 4300years ago and what do we get 2290 backwards so maybe thats a thought

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cornczech

all I have to say to this thread so far is remember the Y2K BS? Need I say more? I will be laughing my arse off on December 23rd of 2012..........

I remember the Y2K bs very well, I looked into it, I even set my old computer to run into the year 2000 before the date ever come close and nothing happened, but on the actual day my pc clock had moved forward by 5 hours. I never understood why it did ? OK I know planes never fell out of the sky and missile silo's never fired their missiles.

You can laugh your arse off all you like, if nothing happens. But I'm not saying 2012 will be the be all and end all of everything but things in this world do happen, why not be prepared for them.

Edit, And I'm not talking about grabbing a butter knife and running off to the hills to live.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by colec156]

[edit on 10-1-2010 by colec156]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just don't like the lack of conclusions. The Mayans said that 12/21/12 or whatever is the end of that era. They say this one is all about change, in fact Apocalypse means LIFTING OF THE VEIL. I think we have entered into the "end" stage of this cycle. I don't think its possible for a complete change overnight. It HAS been happening in recent years. Things have turned almost 180 degrees since 9/11 for all of mankind I think, even though certain corrupt activities have been going on for ages , 9/11 is the first time the people had a chance to know who the real enemy is with out a doubt. So obviously there have been events building up to this moment RIGHT NOW *RIGHT NOW*. If you think life can go on like THIS for much longer, search yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Im with you man. If theres no doomsday one day, then there are Indigo people the next. It's like people just cannot ever be content with what theyre doing with themselves. If your life sucks, walk it off. Nimimbooloo is not going to kill us and youre not an Indigo because you write poetry. Put all that new age nonsense to bed already.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I agree that it seems farfetched when one looks at superficially. I had the same feeling until I made it a point to prove or disprove it for myself.

I looked into Steward Swerdlow, Billy Meier regarding the future events, the Bible prophecies, Project Camelot regarding 2012, the voice and all the 2012 videos I could find on the web then I came across 2012 for Idiots book from the Idiots series.

In the book they touch on all the topics related to 2012 with links and explanations on each.
- Edgar Casey predictions
- Mayan Prophecies - I have been to South America 3x for my own research
- I am a Honors particle physics graduate so I know about tachyons, the area of space that we will be going through, galactic alignment I can attest to because I worked as an astrophysicist as well.
- The bible prophecies
- The earth changes trend analysis is so obvious

Please make your own research. Americans are easy to generalize, simplify and take the easy route. Find the truth for yourself by doing your own research. Don't rely on others to show you your own truth.

Hope this message finds you well.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I feel its because people don't have the willpower to make changes anymore. Sometimes i lay and bed and think it would be so much easier to have a clean slate and start over, instead of fixing all the problems our society have.

If a catastrophe happens, it would unite mankind and make him appreciate one another because that's all he will have left. I feel people know this deep down inside, so they hope for such disasters.

However, if you are truly tired of hearing about 2012 on ATS, just don't go to the board that says 2012 on it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Well put LeTan. (You sound like the French crime lord guy in an action movie lol).

A global disaster would do many things positive in my eyes. I for one wouldn't mind if this planet were blown to smitherenes. I am however tired of reading the babble of those who are convinced of its happening from a Mayan codex. Oh BTW. These believers don't know how to read the codex mind you. They only know they hear on H channel and youtube. That's what the OP is alluding to I think. The lack of true research in the face of current trends. Googling 2012 and reading "WereAllGonnaDie.com" or "HigherVibrations.com" is not reasearch.

www.idialstars.com...

See. We passed the central plane and we are still alive.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Egyptian Wall Drawings -

I am not going to discredit them. You see whatever you see. And maybe they are what people think they are.

But a week ago, my kid drew on the basement wall, a little picture of something in the sky, some flowers and grass, and a couple of stick figures. If that was on a rock in the middle of the desert 3000 years from now, what would you think it meant?

Fact - a drawing that is even 100yrs old can have missing context. Making it 3000yrs old only degrades context farther.

So, even though I am open to the idea that maybe these drawing are documentation of an ET... I remember that anyone can draw something that looks old. How the heck do I even know the scientists aren't lying?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WARBREAD

good point lol i know what you mean but astoundingly they are almosy perfect pics of planes and helicoppers though arent they,
ask yr kid to draw something he could imagine in the future and see what he draws maybe you will see it in a film in years to come

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
i for one am tired of the "2012 end of times" theory. it is impossible to know the exact location and direction of all the atoms in the universe at any given point to be able to predict the future.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Then don't listen to them, and ignore the 2012 forum.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Maybe. maybe not. What I do know is sometimes procession from fear is good. This may just bring about a revival within people to bring about world peace, or could be used as a fear tactic by the elite for profit? Who knows! Many will already be dead before that date. Why worry about things we cannot see?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I call Hoax on this one, no one is tired of 2012, they are just very much SICK & Tired about it. Who can blame them. Considering that mass panic usually creates mass panic. And this subject has been overflowing with fear.

I am telling you right now. There is probably nothing that will happen. Governements around the world are testing new technology to shield our fragile earth. The blue spiral is but one of the examples of these projects to myown belief

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You forgot to post under "HOAX"- Cause your opinion crashes with the facts. You are a normal human being and cant post your thoughts here

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

2012 theories are a sideshow away from the real refinements and small advances in understandings that are useful to bring up in informative discussions.

2012 facts will not measure up to the feeble fictions created around it.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by D4RKL1GHT

D4RKL1GHT - localised fields, control of toroidal interactions - plenty of useful data coming on stream before and during 2012

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You really should check out the Space Exploration forum here..on ATS and look for the Nasa .. Ribbon post .. about the heliosphere ..and all the changes of the past few years and the changes still to come by 2013.. ignorance is BLISS ....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by true-life

For some reason... just NOW seeing this post. Very well put and I agree, people need to do their own research. (*'d)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join