It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed up of 2012 theories

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
2012 story is getting a little far fetched do you not think?, there are so many stories, its like people have nothing better to do than emaciate themselves silly using prehistoric data to # everyone up basically, i mean look at independence day also, 2012 etc etc
are there not other things in life to be concerned about?

as for the supernova it obviously hasn't exploded yet science.nasa.gov...

surely the universe has had these supernovas all its lifetime, why would such create life to wipe it it does not make sense, its like saying every time we remember something our brain pops lol!!

im just having a rant at all the extreme 2012 saga, give over if it happens it happens we have all been blessed with life.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yeah it really pisses me off how people are so sure that something will happen, life on Earth will continue and be boring as usual.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I KNOW! it's really bugging me, things seem to have amped up after new years too. Imo people need to create worst case scenarios etc to try and have an escape from the mundane. I really wish they wouldnt force every single version of it upon us. what is it? Mega Tsunami? Planet X? Solar Flare? (the only one i can see being possible really, but still i don't think it will happen) Pole Shift (of the non-magnetic kind) Maybe the people from 'hollow earth' are going to crawl up and poke us with sticks or something. Really.

Maybe if they could all agree with one theory people would agree but it seems like people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
that was quite funny poke us with sticks from the centre of the earth lol

have u ever watched journey to the centre of the earth?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I've never been really concerned about it too much. But now I have my mother, who has always nurtured my "conspiratorial ideas" (even though secretly she thinks I'm crazy), asking for links to 2012 websites and to 2012 videos. So I asked her why she's suddenly concerned about something that I had talked about off and on for the past 3-4 years.

"I was watching the History Channel last night..."

"Stop right there, Mom. Say no more."

The History Channel is having "Armageddon Week" or something, and it's getting my mother all worked up. She had a huge "Y2K Survival Kit" back in 1999. If the History Channel keeps going at this rate, she'll build a bomb shelter.

But that's how you get ratings - scare the viewer, make them believe it's life and death. I think that has helped what normally would have been "an interesting event to keep your eye on," into what can easily turn into absolute chaos all over the world.

Seriously...the clock strikes midnight on 12/21/2012 and by some freaky coincidence a transformer blows and you lose your electricity. People will go crazy. I'll be in my mother's bomb shelter...you know, just in case.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by starshiner

Not since i was a kid, the really old movie and i actually LOVED it. Havent seen it in about 18 years or so though. You think it's based on fact? Or did whoever make it follow the hollow earth theory?

Edited to add, when i first heard of hollow earth theory on here i have to say that movie did spring to mind!

[edit on 10/1/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
i mean the new one with brendon frasier, its quite good!!
www.imdb.com...

i wouldnt believe in the film happening but its worth a thumps up

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I get tired of the 2012 stuff too, but I accept people's ideas.

What I do not accept are those people and businesses trying to make money off of the idea. These Efood places selling food banks... gold traders trying to convince people only gold will be worth something. George Snorry trying to sell books and heighten ratings.

Could something happen? Sure. Odds are with all the nut-balls out there, a few things will happen. I'd bet it is nothing earth changing.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WARBREAD

i agree 99% is a profit scam, what would we do with gold in a tsunami, pole shift etc trade it for a new life with the aliens?!
im quite skeptical but the theories are just geting people down, surely nasa must be having a giggle

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Too many people have fixed ideas that 2012 is about destruction, or something. Who knows, all we know is that every ancient civilization mentioned it would be an interesting time to live in.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Too many people have fixed ideas that 2012 is about destruction, or something. Who knows, all we know is that every ancient civilization mentioned it would be an interesting time to live in.

I think that too before, but I learned that for mayans it´s really about destruction and apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I'll tell you what will happen the day after the bogus event date in 2012.

A lot of members will be too embarrassed to admit that they were fooled and ATS will see a drop in membership log ins.

I hope

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

One can only hope.

What bugs me more though are the ones who say it will be a positive change, there will be no getting rid of them, they will be claiming victory and how we have reached a higher spiritual plane or some other crap along those lines.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Haha got it in one there! and they will be on after christmas collecting their data saying 'oh sorry, we meant 2016, 2029, 2032' etc etc etc
and so it all begins again!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Although i don't believe the world will end in 2012, we do have things to be conceanred about such as the solar storm which has been predicted and HAS happened before, we are due one.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Life on Earth is crap though, sure the happy times come but they fade away. Am only 16 though lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i know we are due a solar flare but who knows

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have been reading an interesting book ( as I have stated in many threads ) called 'Fingerprints of the gods'
In the book it mentions the Mayan calender of dots and lines that was invented by the Olmecs.
The book claims that the end date is around the 23rd of December 2012.
All the ancients civilizations of central / south American that the suns 5th phase will come to end then, well so the book claims.
Maybe that will be a solar flare / storm maybe not.

What really does annoy me more than anything about 2012 is the blatant scare mongering websites that make claims about the end of the world and then say " buy my book for x$'s and you will learn how to survive ".

Maybe something will happen maybe it won't I can't say as I'm no prophet.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Of course it's pissing people off. It's doomy and gloomy.

No one wants to believe that things could actually get that bad. It's not a happy topic.

Did it ever occur to anyone there may be a reason behind so many theories culminating right around then? Because - hate to say it - there IS a lot of science and history behind a lot of it.

And, the reason why 'alternative knowledge' topics like this will continue to only remain whacko 'conspiracy theory', is because the bulk of America (the educated masses, if you wanna call it that) don't even know BASIC history - not of their own country and certainly not of the world:

A quick poll of 3 of my closest/successful friends. All college educated. Each has advanced to high levels in their respective fields (HR, banking, manufacturing) - aged 34-40

example 1 (U.S.): all of them still think Freemasonry is CT (only), and don't realize our entire country was founded & built by them.

example 2 (World): ALL thought that King Tut's remains were removed from a (The Great) Pyrimid. [No sarcophagus or human remains have ever been removed from one of them - Pharoah's were typically placed in the Valley of the Kings]

No one knows ANYthing, anymore.

Sad.

The pyramids (and hieroglyphics, NOT associated with pyrimads - that's important) are the best evidence on the planet that we are not alone, and never have been. And that every other (mainstream) 'conspiracy theory' needs to be given more serious srutinization.

And, while I'm editing for spelling, grammar and linkage, I'll address the poster above regarding $: Yes, it sickens me, but people will find a way to make money from ANYthing (after all, money rules the world, right?) - I have never spent $.01 on this stuff - not even a membership to this site

[edit on 1/10/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Wow an excellent reply SquirrelNutz. I could have not put that better myself.
Definitely agree with us as humans on this earth not being alone on this planet let alone the universe.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by colec156]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join