It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed up of 2012 theories

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Of course it's pissing people off. It's doomy and gloomy.

No one wants to believe that things could actually get that bad. It's not a happy topic.

Did it ever occur to anyone there may be a reason behind so many theories culminating right around then? Because - hate to say it - there IS a lot of science and history behind a lot of it.

And, the reason why 'alternative knowledge' topics like this will continue to only remain whacko 'conspiracy theory', is because the bulk of America (the educated masses, if you wanna call it that) don't even know BASIC history - not of their own country and certainly not of the world:

A quick poll of 3 of my closest/successful friends. All college educated. Each has advanced to high levels in their respective fields (HR, banking, manufacturing) - aged 34-40

example 1 (U.S.): all of them still think Freemasonry is CT (only), and don't realize our entire country was founded & built by them.

example 2 (World): ALL thought that King Tut's remains were removed from a (The Great) Pyrimid. [No sarcophagus or human remains have ever been removed from one of them - Pharoah's were typically placed in the Valley of the Kings]

No one knows ANYthing, anymore.

Sad.

The pyramids (and hieroglyphics, NOT associated with pyrimads - that's important) are the best evidence on the planet that we are not alone, and never have been. And that every other (mainstream) 'conspiracy theory' needs to be given more serious srutinization.

And, while I'm editing for spelling, grammar and linkage, I'll address the poster above regarding $: Yes, it sickens me, but people will find a way to make money from ANYthing (after all, money rules the world, right?) - I have never spent $.01 on this stuff - not even a membership to this site

[edit on 1/10/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

And, yes, am replying to myself, again - just got done watching Brad Meltzer's Decoded episode about the Georgia Guidestones. I've studied this topic, before, but this was the best (re)presentation of it. Thourough.

Very intriguing...

And, when you talk about the biggest (and most imminent) threat, you're talking about one of the biggest, and perhaps most important inventions/discoveries of ALL time... the loss of electricty (from another post, long ago)...

This is a must watch for any realist. We should all be so lucky that we would never have to live through this type of thing, but someone at sometime IS going to (have to attempt to) live through it.

Very realistic scenarios, broken down with some sharp sociological examinations by a host of different guest.

[at the time of this post - one year ago - I was actually referring to a show called After Armageddon (which focused on how society will react to a global catastrophe), but is just as applicable to the new Brad Meltzer show, mentioned above]

Plus, keen observations from past 'mini-catastrophes' like the '89 San Fran earthquake, the NYC blackouts ('03 and '77, BOTH less than a day), and Katrina - the acceleration of these tiny, localized pockets - having the knowledge that society just out of reach was fine - into near anarchy in those 3 minor instances was staggering. Hell, just think about garbage collection strikes, if you've ever experienced one of those.

ALL it takes... is for the power to go out for a few days. Long enough for people to realize that it ain't gonna be coming back on, anytime soon.

When you have NO Electricity, EVERYthing comes to a grinding halt.

Transportation
Commerce
Food (preservation, delivery, harvesting, etc)
Communication
HEALTHCARE/Sanitation
Refrigeration
Plumbing (water AND waste)
Information
Protection
:
:
:
[would this list ever end? Seriously, THE most important discovery, Ever!]
:
:

Think about it: The lights are never going to come back on - your previous life is not going to be restored!

Now, deal with that despair on top of everything you just lost, and the survival mode you have to be able to kick into.

This thought is inconceivable to most, and the fact is, there are already people living like this on our planet, today - I guess they know how to deal with it better than us spoiled industrialized nations - they will probably survive. I guess that's where the whole 'blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth' comes from, no? ha ha

[And this could all happen if the little ol' light bulb 93 million miles away decides to "burp", someday(!)]

Hmmm....

edit on 2/4/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: spelling / grammar

<< 1  2   >>

join