It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: The War for Girls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

Um, you clearly do not know much about the service.

Mainly, most join for the training and the experience.

Few of the losers make it through basic training.

It is not a free ride like you want to believe.

Clearly, you never served.

We are not nearly as much at the mercy of the PTB as you want to believe.

Where I am at, most of the people who got stuck with those outrageous mortgage payments are immigrants. That is another can or worms.

If you are not willing to defend your liberty, then you do not deserve it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually I am ex military thanks

Just my opinion, always see a rise in recruitment in hard times and that's a fact.

Edit: We can't even look after our vets correctly let alone build schools for some other nations children.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
lol @ citing google as a source.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

We sure could reduce our military budget a great deal. I agree with you on that, but this problem with over spending on defense has been going on far longer than the war in Afghanistan.

How is it that we couldn't even defend our own nation on 9-11 with our huge military budget.

you could not defend it because your own government is corrupt and designed the false flag event. the evidence for that is overwhelming. its purpose was to get the american (and other nation's)people on side to support their war on "terror", ie; access to an oil corridor and another base in the middle east. not to mention the profit in arms.
america is an experienced false flag arranger. gulf of tonkin for the vietnam war was another, which they later admitted to.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You didn't go for the training? That is why I went.

I won't disagree that there are those who go for economic hardship, but that is usually only a part of the reason.

War is a bad thing, it would be best if no one had to go.

But living like a slave is worse.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Sorry, but I disagree.

Why should most of our planet be controlled by warlords?

It seems to me that you support the right of the brutal thugs to control most of the planet, WHY?

Why shouldn't I be able to support the method and means to stop these warlords around the planet from denying me and my fellow human beings the rights that we should all enjoy.

by all means stop them! and start by turning your attention to your home america which is the worlds greatest warlord.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No I joined because I wanted to make a positive difference in the world, was young and not that wise. The other large group that join the military aside from economic reasons.

Ironic that at the time I thought I could make a positive difference with a gun in my hand..

Edit: The only one trying to make you a slave is our governments. Yet the military works for them so your in the wrong place my friend

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Sorry, but I disagree.

You can disagree all you want and it changes nothing. You can champion the US government policy of "Making the World safe for Democracy" if you want to, but that would entail massive taxation, violation of national sovereignty, and endless global war on human nature itself.

Not exactly a winning ticket in any election, let alone being remotely in line with America's founding principles.

Why should most of our planet be controlled by warlords?

Most of the would has always been run that way. Modern society and the rule of law are a relatively new evolution of the political philosophy and environment.

It seems to me that you support the right of the brutal thugs to control most of the planet, WHY?

You are falling into the intellectual trap that because I choose not to support changing it through governmental force and war, that it can not be done (and should not be done).

I support no warlord's rights, as they have only the rights the people give them.

I think my rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness should exist anywhere I go on this planet.

Sure, that would be nice, but until you have some kind of plan, it's just a pleasant thought without form or purpose.

Why shouldn't I be able to support the method and means to stop these warlords around the planet from denying me and my fellow human beings the rights that we should all enjoy.

If you live in America, they deny you nothing seeing as they don't hold sway over our lands or people. Again, propose a plan or your point has no teeth.

It is not like we can lock our borders from refugees from around the world fleeing from these warlord thugs.

Agreed, and I'd support increasing immigration, but that's another topic that I'd be happy to discuss another place.

Once again, because technology has made our planet a very small place, what is happening around the planet effects us all.

Everyone on the planet cannot live in the restricted regions of our planet where rights are defended, therefore we have no choice but to fight for the rights of man to be universal across our planet.

Wrong, the government of America was established to create a nation for the people of America. If you'd like to donate money to the UN, go for it. It is not our nation, our people, they pay no taxes, wouldn't foot the bill, probably would rally AGAINST us, and the impressive system that works here probably wouldn't take most other places.

This means, that because the problems of the third world are having a great impact on the first world, we have the right to end the abuses of third world dictators and warlords everywhere on this planet.

No, we have the ability to affect some change, but doing it with direct military force wouldn't do any good, would cost oceans of money we don't have, and would work about as well as the War on Drugs/Poverty/Terror/etc

It is quickly becoming a necessity to defending our rights at home.

You've yet to give any concrete examples of how rape and murder in the Sudan (for instance) have any direct impact on the quality of life of any America citizen.

Waxing poetic is nice and all, but practical plans or ideas would actually make a better case for you.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Sure our government is corrupt, all governments are corrupt, but at least with our government we have far more rights than most countries, and from what I hear from so many immigrants, from all over the world, it that we have it made here in the U.S..

This doesn't mean that we should ignore that most of our planet is controlled by warlords. This doesn't mean we shouldn't put out the effort to end the world of these warlords.

If you are waiting for a perfect world, don't hold your breath.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

I think your spot on, a point I have been trying to get across in another thread. Here

Where genocide was advocated to protect the American way, madness.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is nothing but a bait and switch tactic to get people to support the war.

The same crap happened in Iraq. First, we were going to war with them because they had WMDs. When that farce was denounced, then all of a sudden we were going to war in Iraq to liberate the people.... And the brainwashed American public ate it up.

Same thing now in Afghanistan.

First we were at war against terrorists. now it's an operation to help girls get educated?

An education is a waste of money there anyway, its not like there an economy or jobs to be had that would require an education.

Really, is that worth hundreds of Americans and billions of tax dollars which we don't really have to waste? I don't know if you realize it, but we are basically bankrupt.

Why should we care about some nation that don't want us there?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

You can disagree all you want and it changes nothing.

Are you really that pessimistic? You don't think it is possible to make the world a better place? The history of mankind proves you wrong, but you would have to study that history to recognize this.

An idea is a genie in a bottle, and it has the ability to change the world.

The concept of the rights of man is a perfect example.

While most of the world has always been ran by warlords throughout history, ever larger parts are being liberated from warlords, and there is no reason to stop this process.

My viewpoint is quite different than you think. I used to think like you, but I escaped the trap that still holds you.

I never claimed that the the world will be changed by government force or war alone. The less force used is the best answer, but do you really think the worlds warlords are going to give up their power voluntarily?

Yes, I have a plan, wake people up the reality that there is nothing wrong with first world nations taking out third world strongmen. It is time to end the whole colonial guilt thing, because it is a bunch of nonsense.

Yes, the warlords of the world do take away my rights, re-read my previous post on the subject, as I explain it clearly there.

You don't get it, I do not support immigration. As long as people in the third world can escape to the first world, they will never put out the effort to liberate their nations from their oppressors.

What is worse is that the third world immigrants come to the first world and insist on clinging to the cultural beliefs that are the very reasons the nations they come from are third world nations.

Once again, everyone on the planet can not live in the areas controlled by the first world nations.

I don't know what you think is wrong about this statement, because what you write following this claim makes no sense.

The U.S. government was created to establish the rights of man, and there certainly never was a goal to limit these rights only to the United States, as you want to claim.

The UN is a joke, the World Trade Organization has far more power than the UN will ever possess.

We have far more power to change this world for the better than you realize, but the intellectual trap you, and so many others, have fallen into is doing a great job of keeping us from making those changes.

Wake up, the whole peace love hippy thing doesn't work.

Sometimes you have to be tough and stand up for yourself.

It is time to drop the political correctness garbage, and start calling out things for what they are.

If we kill everyone of these buggers who think it is alright to kill people because they disagree with their religious beliefs, we have nothing to apologize for. In fact we should be praised for wiping such scum off the face of the planet.

You don't ignore what the guys in the next community are doing if they are killing everyone who disagrees with them, because pretty soon they will be coming into your community if they get the chance, whether by hook or by crook.

You hunt them down until everyone of them are dead, or in prison.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Strongly suggest you have a read of this thread Here it won't get as much attention or flags or stars for those that contribute but it is valuable information. Shows some of the real cost of taking out those warlords.

Taking out "warlords" is a very casual term for the reality. When does it stop, when the enemy can fight back as effectively. Would you consider the repressive governance of China a warlord state for your brand of justice. Don't see anyone rushing over there, I wonder why? Also what gives you the right to impose your way of life on another country? If someone did it to me I would fight back as well, Warlords & corruption? We have plenty in the west to deal with first don't you think?

Or maybe this thread here
the scum bag is a matter of perception..

Sorry just had a belly full of blood lust today from armchair military experts, much easier to be a critic when it's on your TV. No offence intended.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I find it somewhat ironic and baffling that people use the notions of free will, thought and choice to support a regime which is the complete antithesis of those very values.

The Taliban is a barbaric regime / organisation which allows no other interpretation of Islam other than it's own all encompassing and repressive one.

The Taliban treat any dissenters most brutally.

The vast majority of Afghan's DO NOT want to see the return of The Taliban.

In addition The Taliban offer support and training to those who would export their brand of Islamic fundamentalism to a Mosque near you thus spreading their hatred globally.

If The Taliban regain control of Afghanistan then there is a real likelihood that Pakistan would follow thus giving them nuclear weapons.
Neither India or Israel would allow this, (and I suspect China woud be very unhappy too!).

For world security this can not be allowed to happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

But the fact of the matter is the US, equipped and trained them to fight the Russians. You can't jump in bed and then complain when you don't get breakfast?

Is it ok to support and assistance such an outfit if it fits your purpose? Where were the morals then? The US government does not give one about how the Taliban ran their country certainly not in the past so why the change of heart? It goes far deeper than that I suspect

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The why's and wherefore's are for historians to ponder over in the future so that our ancestors do not make the same mistakes as us.

It is up to us to deal with reality of the situation today and take whatever measures are required to ensure The Taliban do not spread their brand of Islam any further and impose a barbaric set of rules and laws on a people who do not want them.

That is our duty today.

When the threat has passed we can afford the time to analyse and point fingers and hopefully learn lessons.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Bit ironic though, before the US assistance and training they were not as "prepared".

History does repeat itself because we don't learn from it each time, a sad fact.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

History indeed has a tendency to repeat itself.
That is because we rarely see things through to the end and settle for 'quick fixes'.

Winners write history books and it is rarely with an open and honest approach which allows for lessons to be learnt.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ahem.....while you guys are slugging it out over the validity of the war over there how 'bout this: How 'bout sponsorship? Boomers are empty nesters who have the means to help them. I know it would be a band-aid, but one day, if they chose to return to their country they would do so with an education and hopefully would help to bring about change.

[edit on 1/11/2010 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Well, the guilt trip about how wrong it is for the U.S. to be in Iraq and Afghanistan sure doesn't help the suicide rate any.

This whole guilt trip about how we don't have the right to take out bad guys around the globe is a big problem.

Sorry, I used to think that way, but I have woken up and realized what garbage that way of thinking is.

The scum bag label is not a matter of perception.

Men who kill a girls family for sending the girl to school are scumbags who deserve to die in a horrific manner.

The sooner people wake up to this reality the sooner we can clean up this mess created by this whole Euro guilt complex.

It is hard to believe that there are so many people out there who don't get this. I understand, I was trapped by that way of thought once myself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join