It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: The War for Girls

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Again

Unless you'd like to have a formal debate so others can arbitrate, I'm done with this.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

If you want a debate, as long as we can set one up on a reasonable set of rules and judges, I am fine with that.

I really don't care if you are done, the only thing you have done is try to throw the thread off the subject.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

If you want a debate, as long as we can set one up on a reasonable set of rules and judges, I am fine with that.

I really don't care if you are done, the only thing you have done is try to throw the thread off the subject.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to derail the thread. Hell, I didn't even anticipate getting into any kind of detailed debate, but it seems one has sprouted.

I'm not sure who to ask, but I'll see. Any thoughts on the specific topic?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I guess we will have to ask the people who run the debates here. I participated in one, and didn't care for the judging, I thought people would vote on who won. I think there should at least be three judges and we should have some say in who we approve for the judge positions.

I would say the subject would be - is the war on terrorism a legitimate war, and are we justified in fighting it?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I guess we will have to ask the people who run the debates here. I participated in one, and didn't care for the judging, I thought people would vote on who won. I think there should at least be three judges and we should have some say in who we approve for the judge positions.

I would say the subject would be - is the war on terrorism a legitimate war, and are we justified in fighting it?

I did too. The judging wasn't bad when I did, but I'm not sure it's always the same. I wouldn't mind votes or judges. I wrote to Zedd (a super mod) and asked him.

The subject is fine.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

In this small world, with these religious nut jobs treating their women like they all too frequently do, it is like living next door to a guy who constantly abuses his wife and children.

At some point you got to take action.

Really? So I guess we'd better get moving in on, say, about every country in Africa, plus China, Cambodia, and lots of others.

They are going nuts in Africa. But we only seem to care about Nigeria and now Yemen. Pure coincidence that those are the places with the oil.

You feel bad for girls, do ya? How about China? Well, they don't mistreat the women quite so badly, because they just abort them before birth so they don't really have that many. At least a million Chinese men know they will never get laid. This makes them better soldiers, and more expendable!

China has resources we want, but they have a huge military too, so then we don't care how they abuse their women, right?

You are fully indoctrinated. Support the troops. Save Afghanistan from the Taliban, it's not because they eradicated all the opium and wouldn't allow a pipeline built across their country without getting a piece of the action. It's because our corrupt politicians who are almost all either homos or pedophiles REALLY care about women's rights. Yup.

Watch some more TV for your knowledge.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Really? So I guess we'd better get moving in on, say, about every country in Africa, plus China, Cambodia, and lots of others.

I think you are extrapolating points that create an intellectual trap. Support or disapproval for one thing has no bearing on other things.

Yes, women are treated brutally all over the world. Yes it's terrible. It would take monumental resources and manpower just to attempt to cease the international slave trade (a disgusting practice, to be nice).

poet and I differ on how to accomplish the task, but we agree something can be done.

You, on the other hand, I don't know because your sarcasm was a bit too thick.

I think I started the discourtesy on this thread and I think it should end. There is no need for it to make a point.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

One or two countries at a time, although there are plenty to go around.

I thought Somalia was currently the biggest concern in Africa?

China really doesn't have any thing that we want.

No, the pipeline and the opium have nothing to do with Afghanistan. The fact that the Taliban were hosting any and all Islamic terrorist organizations in order to carry out terrorist strikes around the globe is the motivating factor.

The bigger conspiracy is the belief that no one ever gives a damn. All too many people like to believe that the only reason anyone ever does something is for their own personal gain. This is a great rationalization for being a selfish one way bugger.

Now who knows what the super rich and the super greedy want. It is motivating the soldiers who go to fight the war that is what makes it all work.

And the fact that the Taliban treat women the way they do is a good reason.

Yeah, the rich and the greedy will always seek to profit from war, but the fact that most of our planet is controlled by evil despot is plenty of reason to support a continuous war to destroy them.

Maybe it is my own selfish attitude. I don't like the idea that there are people out there plotting to enslave me.

Whatever, there certainly is no reason to feel guilty about hunting down these buggers.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

poet and I differ on how to accomplish the task, but we agree something can be done.

That is good to hear. How is a big question.

I just think that we should have to sit back, and say, well, most of the planet is controlled by despots, but it would be wrong for us to do something about it.

Who are we to do something about it?

What makes us think we are better than them?

Maybe it is all the people who come from allover the world, and tell me how great it is to live here in the U.S. that makes me think this.

When you have guys hunting down school girls and their families, there is no doubt that is wrong.

The idea that we should feel guilty about supporting a war against this is darkly ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Could you please show me a press release ,

Some kind of link .

Stating the war is to protect girls.

It would help me support your arguement.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Um, didn't you follow the links on the front page?

I provided several links at the start of this thread, and you can find large numbers of links just by searching the internet on the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join