It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims and swine dine!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Terps means translators. I simply cant spell interpiter right so I use terps but still it was worth a try.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Dont worry I wont.. But it worse for me... Its on SHABBAT.... Im just hoping Yeshua sees that I'm helpless when confronted with a bacon bap.. He did die for that too huh or i'm screwed lol

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Very nice! Thanks for the blessings. Rest assured i will be eating a bacon sandwish with all the fixings when I get home.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

my guess would be tradition , as i see most regions as old "law books" or books to help people live, and i would guess that its also hard to find decent "smoked pork breast " in muslim countries

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

My respect to you! As we all do i wish you a safe return!! Im not a bacon eater myself but ill deep fry a pig for ya when you come home.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I do not believe in any religion and I of course love pork, so that answers your query, but I would not have been able to kill any living animal myself. If it was a prepared dish of pork I would have had it. If it was a living animal(no matter which) I would have let it go.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I though Jews could eat whatever they want however, the food must be blessed, and the parts be used for good.

nevermind

[edit on 7-1-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

How ya doing my friend? Trust all is well!!

Im willing to bet in a life or death situation you would bite down on that pigs neck like your Avatar. Id never kill for sport, but as a necessity to exist i would not question it.
Which is the debate at hand i guess, what would you give up first your life or your convictions?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply Rain. I respect your wishes if you do not want to kill the animal even if it means your self destruction. $tar for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

No, the food has to adhere to kosher law; no pork, shellfish (i love crab too dammit), boiling meat in its mothers milk etc... Basically its lamb, beef or chicken or nothing... But you are right about it having to be blessed by a rabbi..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

as far as i know jewish people can't eat pork and shellfish or meat and milk prepared together and all the meat has to be kosher ( kinda like the same as halal meat, no blood and a prayer on the animal before its killed )
and i seem to recall from culinary school that there was also something about birds had to be killed while flying before they could be eaten ( or maybe it was the other way around ) better do a google on this.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

damn you beat me too it
was i right on eating birds killed in flight?? ( or not flying )

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Hey, I'm good thanks and hope you are too at yer end. About the avatar, I love animals and I try never to harm them even though when I was kid 6-9 yr old I did harm few I must say truly, for which I truly regret now.

My views changed after I visited a zoo when I was a kid, I saw a Peacock with it's long beautiful feathers in a big enclosure. I asked the attendant there to pluck a feather for me as I was very much fascinated by it. The attendant pulled my hair a bit and asked me if it hurt, I said yes. He said the same way it hurts animals too. I have never forgotten that lesson ever and remember it as vividly like it happened yesterday.

If you see any animals eyes you will find the whole world's innocence in them, look at any bird, squirrel, horse, elephant, tiger, dolphin etc. There can never be anymore innocence in the whole world you will find in animals.
Even if you hit a dog and call him politely he will come to you out of love and innocence, do not try that with a lion, tiger though

I have a golden Labrador and he has big watery eyes..so I am pretty sure I would not kill any animal even if it's a life/death scenario. I cannot even hear them cry. I would have no problem in killing any human being though even with bare hands because I know how evil humans are.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalomar

I think that would be quite a challenge to kill a bird while in mid flight, unless you had a good shotgun.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

the kind of birds i was thinking about was "birds of pray" and i did google it just now, its followers of Islam that cant eat those( or any other carnivore) , maybe the flying part was just our teachers way to teach us stupid chefs what not to cook

here in Denmark most ducks caught by hunters are shot mid flight , but they do use shotguns

i have a small linky about taboo foods here , ( wow this is turning into a culinary tread , not how they usually end when Islam is involved
)

Taboo foods

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalomar

No, non kosher birds are carrion eaters.. Birds that eat death... Like crows etc.. However a rabbi doesnt HAVE to bless food as prayers are said over it anyway, but rabbis are on call if you think it may not be kosher... And I call em lots lol... Not...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I know a lot of muslims over the years, but don't know of one that would eat bacon or at least admit to it. They eat turkey bacon though, I wonder if that is what your friends are referring to. They are raised to believe that pork is nasty, so it would be hard for them to have a stomach for it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

hahahah, thats why i like ya!!

Its like that old question who would you save if you could only save one, your dog or a complete stranger from drowning?

I bet answering the question people would be shocked by how many people would say dog. I tend to think though in the actual situation human instinct takes over and you go for the human life.

There are evil people no doubt, but there is nothing evil in life, maybe that save would be what turns their life around.

Orrrr perhaps thats way to deep with it and we should all try our best to not go wonderig in the desert with our pet pig.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
K question than that pertains to food preperation. We got out first Popeyes chicken in the area and i know that they have Halal meat. It is one of the few chains that has Halal chicken so the muslims may eat it.

Is Halal similar to Kosher in the standards? Or in a nutshell anyone familiar with what qualifies as Halal?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

thanks for clearing that up
i don't think vulture would be a very big seller at any restaurant heheh, maybe that's also why you cant eat shellfish as a lot of them are also carrion eaters

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join