It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims and swine dine!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply's people. As stated earlier, most of you have recieved a $tar from me for great input and for what if questions. I just hope they serve some some real suasage in the dfac someday

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I hope you get some nice sausages soon..

good luck and stay safe.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

As a Muslim that's read the Quran.. I would have to say that it would be permitted to eat the pig if facing starvation. God meant us no hardship, he only cares if there is "malicious intent" in disobeying His laws. This is stated in the Quran.

Eating something to survive until tomorrow is not "malicious intent", and God has specifically told us that we should persevere and try to survive, no matter what the hardship. This is also stated in the Quran.

Hope that helps..

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

okay i am muslim and i can tell you its allowed for a muslim to eat pig if its the survival case..
i didnot read the discussion so i donot know if any one has said this before

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Thanks again for the input. I guess when it comes down to it, we all need to do what is necessary to survive. $tar for most of you guys.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Okay I ran across this today while reading through the Quran. The verse to support the above statements that a Muslim can eat a pig if he is dying of hunger

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than God; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, God is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'an 5:3 Yusuf Ali translation)

Here it is again from a different translation just to clarify

Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al-Maytatah (the dead animals - cattle-beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and the meat of that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allâh, or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allâh's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering, and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns - and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal - unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death) ­ and that which is sacrificed (slaughtered) on An­Nusub[] (stone altars). (Forbidden) also is to use arrows seeking luck or decision, (all) that is Fisqun (disobedience of Allâh and sin). This day, those who disbelieved have given up all hope of your religion, so fear them not, but fear Me. This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâm as your religion. But as for him who is forced by severe hunger, with no inclination to sin (such can eat these above-mentioned meats), then surely, Allâh is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'an 5:3 Al-Hilali & Khan translation)

[edit on 17-1-2010 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

$tar for you. I guess when it comes down to it, survival is best regardless of the situation. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalomar
has to do with that when the coran was written most pigs where ridden with the Trichinella parasite ( witch is almost non existent any more , in denmark atleast ) and getting that little bugger in your system could be lethal.

Yes, hooved animals carry the parasite, so like kosher, this is a cleanliness ritual.
Also slaughter of pigs without refridgeration allows the animal to decay, so if it's not eaten within 24 hours that parasite is present. Same with human flesh. Other animals last longer after slaughter.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form);

Halal slaughter is slitting the animals throat and letting it bleed out. Children are taught this method during the Eid. Also allows them the methods of beheading which is favored in battle and murder. You will see many references to beheading in Islam.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I had a laugh over this thread. What an odd topic.

I am Christian, but do not believe in eating pork. Why? Jesus was a Jew, and did not eat pork.

When I tried to explain my aversion to eating ham on Christmas, to other Christians, nobody could understand my logic.

In my opinion, Jesus came to earth to enforce the laws already set forth. Not eating pork was one of them, and no, I do not touch shellfish either.

So, even as a Christian, I would not eat a pig if it was the only thing around. I'd possibly follow it to see where it is getting it's food from. How would a pig survive in the desert? Has to be getting food somewhere, and water, too!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

If you thought this thread was funny, wait till you see my other thread called Jesus juice, not for the faint of heart though

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The reason that the Jews and the Muslims don't eat pork is simple. It starts out as most religious stories / rules do, based in simple facts, then become embellished in order to make sure people "follow" the rules.

Back in the day, eating an improperly cooked pig / swine, one could contract Trichinosis. So to keep people from getting sick, the deemed eating pork a sin.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by menjo2000

What about eating food that has no pork but does contain bacon grease? Would it still be the same thing or would something so minor that it will be overlooked?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join