It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims and swine dine!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by December_Rain

Orrrr perhaps thats way to deep with it and we should all try our best to not go wonderig in the desert with our pet pig.

lol ...that really brought smile on my face

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

halal just means "lawful" and haaram is "forbidden" but when you slaughter an animal in the "lawful" way you cut the jugular and drain all of the blood from the animal , this should kill the animal in an instant and be less pain full for it, i would go for halal meat over normal meat any day , as i find it more tender

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalomar

Correct; they are bottom feeders but after recent studies on the toxicology of shellfish with lots of bad stuff in them like mercury, then maybe we should all take note huh???

Post above; if i was in the wilderness with my pet pig, then BLT's all round would be happening after 24hrs, maybe sooner lol..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Originally posted by Hack28
Is Halal similar to Kosher in the standards? Or in a nutshell anyone familiar with what qualifies as Halal?

If I remember right, halal is a little less strict than kosher, so muslims are allowed to eat kosher foods.

Personally, I lived many years in several muslim countries, and there is no availability of bacon, so I don't really care. Now I'm kinda thankful for so many of the available "kosher-dog" pushcarts all around.

As far as dietary extremes go for me, I dunno...if all I had available to me was some animal I had to capture and eat myself, I'd do it. I love animals, I had lots of dogs, even hens and a couple of cows, at home, and I grew up with them, so I realise what exactly it means to eat meat (some animal had to die to fill my stomach).

Still, I don't agree to having them treated badly. The hens I had were all free-range (and I find free-range eggs to be MUCH better than fishy farm eggs). I try my best to know that the place I get my meat doesn't treat the animals with any undue violence or anything.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by babloyi]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalomar

Ohh Popeyes is amazing (the once a month you can survive it), in Toronto we have full on Halal markets and everything, i eat the food and think its great i just never knew the standards involved.
i was a vegeterian for almost 7 years but couldnt keep my health high enough, i was playing a ton of hockey and couldnt keep my protein level high enough, so i definatly prefer the Lettuce and Tomatoe sandwhich, or the equally phenomenal grilled cheese and tomatoe!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

lentils and dried beans would have done wonders for your protein levels

we don't get Popeye's here in Denmark only franchise chicken outlet is kfc and that's not one of my favs,
i was thinking about tring out a "raw" food diet , but the amount of greens i would have to eat every day kinda put me off

to selahobed: then again there is also tons of mercury in the top predatory fish we eat tuna, swordfish ect. as they eat fish with high Mercury in them and it just keeps on getting higher and higher thu the food chain.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by Kalomar

Correct; they are bottom feeders but after recent studies on the toxicology of shellfish with lots of bad stuff in them like mercury, then maybe we should all take note huh???

Post above; if i was in the wilderness with my pet pig, then BLT's all round would be happening after 24hrs, maybe sooner lol..

Isn't it funny how little Biblical details thousands of years ago, like what foods should be eaten, we are just learning why. Who ever wrote these things (Moses) was getting good information. Still puzzled by that circumcision thing though

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Well whats even funnier is is the law of circumsion where when the baby has its poor hood chopped off is the same day when the blood clotting agents in his blood are the best they will ever be... Funny that... Wonder where they got THAT info from, because you wouldnt risk your kid fo the sake of trial and error...

[edit on 113131p://f59Thursday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well whats even funnier is is the law of circumsion where when the baby has its poor hood chopped off is the same day when the blood clotting agents in his blood are the best they will ever be... Funny that... Wonder where they got THAT info from, because you wouldnt risk your kid fo the sake of trial and error...

[edit on 113131p://f59Thursday by Selahobed]

Tell that to the priest who did me. Should have got a Rabbi.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Aww luv... Did you have to go through the barmitzvah too??? The batmitzvah was bad enough lol; if you had that too then you have double sympathy lol x

Then your jewish relatives nagging in your ear; "when you getting married" "why arent you married yet?" "wheres my grand bubbies?" Arrrrrghhhh lol... Count yourself lucky sunshine lol x

[edit on 123131p://f10Thursday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Greatest comment ever!!!
hahaha like the nervous Moyle on Seinfeld!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Aww luv... Did you have to go through the barmitzvah too??? The batmitzvah was bad enough lol; if you had that too then you have double sympathy lol x

Then your jewish relatives nagging in your ear; "when you getting married" "why arent you married yet?" "wheres my grand bubbies?" Arrrrrghhhh lol... Count yourself lucky sunshine lol x

[edit on 123131p://f10Thursday by Selahobed]

That was only one side of it. I also have the Italian catholic side and all that goes with that. What a nightmare. Like they say, the kids always suffer.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

i don't think there was much mercury in the shellfish back then, but there was toxins from filter feeding ( algae produces toxins that can stay in the mussels for anywhere between 2 week to 2 years) and that can be a real killer or laxative , depending on how lucky you get

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I tip my hat to you sir.... Poor buggar lol......

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Do you know of any other religions that also forbid to eat pork, or does the food need a blessing as well? The only time I bless food is in the bathroom

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Islam allows flexibility. Like if there is no mosque in your area you can still pray at home. Allah is Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. Pork isn't eaten because it is considered unhealthy.

We should bear in our mind that the abstention from eating
pork by the Muslims is based on hygienic grounds and of the
cultivation of purity of character.

Link

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
To me pork tastes disgusting, and not just because im Muslim, it just doesnt taste right. But, were i in the desert and i happened to have a pig roaming the wastes with me, and i was starving, then im sorry Porky, but its ribs ham and bacon for me. Hell, i'd even make pork rinds and pork jerky.

i must clarify a previous statement, concerning the taste of pork. Bacon tastes hella good, lol, and i used to have a love affair with bacon cheeseburgers at wendys. Only pork products i ever consumed tho, but to me it didnt taste like what ham tasted like, so i kept reassuring myself it was some unknown meat.

im the type of person tho, that eating a bacon cheeseburger once a week, wasnt no sweat of my back, and i dont think God was sweating me hard either.

Love and Peace

also, Pork disrupts your chakras, or so ive heard, so there may be energy reasons behind it.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Hey I'm a Jew, and I have to say; bacon and egg sandwiches with tomato ketchup are my kryptonite.... Every Saturday on a big freshly cooked bread roll.... Dont tell G-d!!

ROFL!

I like the cut of your jib Selahobed! Naughty, Naughty!

IRM

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, "My Mercy overpowers My Anger." - The first thing that He created was the "pen" and He ordered the pen to write. The pen wrote until it had written everything that would happen. - Hence writing in the book
Just remember that when he made Adam he implanted the spirit before Adam was with animation!

The Noble Qur'an Sura 2:The Cow Verse,173
He has forbidden to you only carrion, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that over which any name other than God's has been invoked; but if one is driven by necessity - neither coveting it nor exceeding his immediate need -no sin shall be upon him: for, behold, God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace.

Also take note in the Hebrew Christian Bible, The famous quote "We are Legion" and a new movie is coming out about it called Legion I believe! Legion meaning agents of satan that being them demons.

Luke 8:30-33
And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.
And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
And there was there an herd of many swine/pigs feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.
Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine/pigs: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.

Even Jesus disliked the swine!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project2501
Even Jesus disliked the swine!

Probably because he never tasted it!

IRM

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join