It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparing notes. Does magic happen to you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Interesting post! I know exactly what you are describing.

I've come to realise through my experiences, things turn up when you need them most. It's happened to me on so many occasions. Situations have presented themselves and i've had no clue about what i'm going to do but just when i need it most the answer is revealed.

Its happened in financial ways, emotional ways, physical ways.

Having experienced this type of phenomena, it has had a profound effect on the way i live my life.

I try to stay in the flow of my life and ride the waves instead of being drowned by them. I trust that the answers will be revealed when i need them most and find that when the wave does come crashing down, i look back and realise it was the best thing that could have happened.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
just-when-needed aspect of how Life oft affords seeming miraculous "wonders" ...

I can confirm that. Just when needed - and not one second earlier.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Awesome thread.
To me something like happen too.
Everything that I sincerely want I have it. when I have a true desire of something I get it.
I think that if I truly wanted to be wealth I would, but I don't want it to go away so I don't try it.
That magic is splendid, and I get happy when it happen.
All the best.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This isn't anything unusual, Synchronicity is one of the main talking points of the current new age/spiritual community. Many people on the spiritual path are experiencing increased synchronicity in their lives. A lot of people on this web site had a lot of number synchronicity like seeing 11:11 all the time.lGreen lights and parking spaces mean anything to you?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Very well put! I have had similar experiences throughout my life.
It all came together for me one day when my friend called me and asked: "Wanna skip work tomorrow and come skiing with us?"
Because of my previous clumsiness in life, I replied: "No thanks, I'll probably just fall and break a leg"
The next day when I woke up, I felt kind of nauseous, like I shouldn't go to work... but I shook it off after about 15 mins, and headed out for the day.
When I got off the streetcar, I took a couple of steps, then slipped on a piece of plastic that was hidden beneath the snow. My leg broke in two places.
Talk about creating your own reality!

Anyway, I also agree with you about skeptical scientists aren't able to replicate certain procedures. Their beliefs affect their outcomes. It's as simple as that. Mind is All.

I'm currently reading "The Secret of the Ages" by Robert Collier. The whole thing is exactly what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I find that travelling without a schedule or a plan helps in re-discovering the magic. Talk to people you meet. If they suggest doing something or going somewhere, do it, or go there. Let the journey define the trip.
The magic will start to flow if you let it.
Then just bring it on home with you.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have to say that these types of things have happened to me as well. I think there is something deep inside humanity that we have lost....or someone has made sure we lost that ability.

Examples being psychic abilities, I can't control them...they just happen. When I was younger I was playing with a friend and came bursting through my front door...it was dinner time...and the phone rang. Something in my head said: "Your Grandmother is dead"....and guess what...that call was to say she had just died....she was not even ill I had no way of guessing.

I have always seemed to avoid accidents out of the shear belief that "It will never happen to me". Playing Rugby to a good level there have been plenty of times when I have walked away from a huge mishap, unharmed with people staring at me saying: "How the hell did you walk away from that". I can never remember the incidents though, I always black out and then come too unharmed.

And yes the money thing, when I need it its there, and the more I give away to people in need (Which is not as much as I should do) the more I get back it seems.

I think of something random...like a moment in history....and low and behold I see it on the TV or the radio later that day....but not just once. On several channels. Although....I could not have created that because TV and Radio shows are always planned in advance.

Trouble is I don't seem to have lucid control over this. It always seems to happen when i'm just zoning out thinking of nothing in particular. Maybe therein lies the answer. Buddhist meditation claims to have all these powers , only accessible from a mind set of No Thought.

I have read a lot of those “Self Help” books ….like The Secret or The Law of Attraction and I have to say although I believe in the concept i.e. that through pure thought and positive affirmation and visualization , you can create and mould your own reality, they do seem to be coming from a pure Money Gaining orientation…..which I think is a little wrong. Money does not but happiness at the end of the day.

So can we create own reality? Well virtually every spiritual book including the bible and Koran say that we can. Those with an ounce of faith can move a mountain, by asking you shall be feed and have all you need from gods mana, ask and you shall receive, believe and you shall be healed, focus on it with no thought and it will happen, all the knowledge in the universe is at our disposal.

So yes I think I share some of your experiences, as do a lot of people I know, whether they realise it is a different thing.

What it means….I don’t know. Does it exist or is it just chance and coincidence? I don’t know. Do we have the power to alter the fabric of reality, to foresee things, to alter our lives? I also don’t know. Also, does thinking of something then seeing it and hearing it everywhere….quite often…does that mean anything? I don’t know either. More to the point….what purpose does it serve. I mean ironically, If I think of a rare mongoose found only on the African plains….then all of a sudden someone at work randomly mentions it, then it happens to be on a menu of a restaurant I have never visited, then some gives me a pen with a mongoose on it, then I get a call from Mongoose LTD trying to sell me something….

…well does any of that make any sense or serve any purpose. Apart from making me say : “OH what a coincidence”

This poster is sitting firmly on the fence.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I agree with you for the most part. I've taken it forgranted. The most common form of magic i experience is picking up on or influencing the thoughts of friends and family to which i am close. This form of telepathy happens constantly to me. I also experience knowing the phone is about to ring and whom is calling as well as what post has just landed on my mat.

A case a few weeks back

A few weeks ago I recieved a call from my best mate at Uni. He lives near Edinburgh and I live in the west country. We hadn't spoken since last Christmas. We'd drifted apart over the last 6 or 7 years but he had been there like a rock for me when I needed him five yrs back. Anyway after chatting and catching up for over an hour (very unusual for blokes to chat that long on the phone, but true) I asked him whether he'd ever caught a sitcom show called 'Ideal'. We hadn't been talking about TV or movies at all. we as friends talk about music and recreational hemp mostly. However at that exact moment he'd pressed play on a DVD he'd just put in the machine and freaked out when he turned up the volume and I heard the Ideal theme tune starting.

A case 8-10 yrs back

Twice about 8 to 10 years ago a friend tried calling me on two seperate occasions on different days and times. Both times she misdialled my number completely. Both times I was coming out of my local bank on the High street and walking past a row of telephone boxes. Both times one of the boxes phone began ringing. Both times I answered the call (which I don't normally when that happens). Both times it was my friend trying to call me and totally unaware of the reason for my shock in hearing her voice. She had been trying to get me on my mobile/cell not my landline so the number was completely different. The incidents were a few months apart.

A case four years back that saved me from injury

About four years ago at a music festival I dreamt on the first night that I was in the crowd and a child over my right shoulder in the dark was spinning a light stick on a string. In the dream I got really scared I'd go blind and then the light broke free of the string and flew over my right shoulder into the side of my eye. In the dream i was blinded and I woke up suddenly.

In the morning I told my mate about the dream and how freaky it was and that it felt much more like a premonition. After that the days festivities began and I forgot all about it. Then in the evening in the dark over my right shoulder a kid was spinning a ball on a string that glowed brighter as he swung it faster. I remembered the dream and nudged my mate cocked my head toward the kid and moved away. He knew exactly why i moved away from the kid but he was happy where he was. So about 20 feet away i continued watching thew show when suddenly another child with another piece of string and this time a glow stick began doing the same thing. Me and my mate exchanged glances but what could i do, it was crowded and I didn't want to move again. Then seconds later the glow stick and the string left the kids hand and flew over my right shoulder. Because i was attuned to it i saw it as it reached me and swung my head out of the way as the light flew past and the stringscratched my face.

I could go on but you get the drift. These sorts of things happen so regularly to me that I never mention them to anyone. It's only when it is witnessed by someone else and they bring it up or remember it that I ever discuss these things.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

controlling the breeze and dissipating clouds, both of which I discovered I could do by accident

I haven't tried dissipating clouds, but controlling the breeze I do a lot. I thought people would think I was daft if I mentioned it. If I am working outside and getting hot, I often call a breeze and sure enough from a still day I get a cooling breeze.

I would be sweeping out the garage and the wind would be blowing leaves and dust back in, so I ask it to calm for long enough for me to sweep the grime out. It works like clockwork.
really glad you mentioned that.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Hi. I have been passing this thread by, thinking, hm, I'm not in on the majic thingie. But I finally decided to take a look at what you have to say, and I'm very glad I did.
It's not abracadabra as I suspected. (This is ATS, afterall, lol.)

I relate to what you've said, and it would have never occurred to me to put it in these words. Yes, I have often felt "lucky"; "blessed". What ever you wish to call it. I've had many "narrow escapes", as well.

Do you think some of it has to do with interpretation? A positive outlook. I can remember being with other people at times, and thinking something very good had befallen us, to find they might complain. Things are not good enough. The trees aren't big enough, the sky is not blue enough. You know the type.

While I, on the otherhand, might be thinking, wow, how lucky am I that I get to enjoy this, and this person has come to me, and I have all the money I need, (which someone else might think "omg we're in poverty". You know?

And in times of trouble, when the trouble is resolved, I can look at how it was resolved and be so grateful, while the next person might be so annoyed and completely focused on that fact that the trouble existed in the first place.

Do you think attitude and our over all dispositions have to do with how lucky we feel? Our ability to be grateful? How we have magic in our lives?

Or have I veered far away from what you are saying here? kennyb?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Do you think attitude and our over all dispositions have to do with how lucky we feel? Our ability to be grateful? How we have magic in our lives?

I think this is the secret to having magic in our lives. There has been a lot said about the power of positivity and personal outlook on life, but it never really occurred to me that there is cause and effect at work.

I think, to make it work consistently and reliably, is to do exactly what you said.

Recognizing it is the first step, appreciating it with gratitude, and then believing it, in the sense of knowing that things will come good.

That is hard to do when you are surrounded by negativity, as this on it's own seems to diminish your own optimism.

I am not sure how everyone else deals with the things that take away our power but we must all individually have a personal plan on how to not be affected by others who feel down.

A conscious effort is required to brush of negativity and put yourself back in that place of awareness that allows you to control your own reality.

I am convinced that everyone can use it. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it really comes down to faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

What you have written in your opening post is what I like to call 'Life', whenever those things you have mentioned happen and my partner and I are aware of it we always say ......'Thats the way life works'

Isn't that interesting though, It is as if we all know this magic happens, but we prefer to call it life, because we can't accept we are actually molding our environment into our own individual biosphere that is tailor made for us.

Things happen that are extraordinary and we dismiss them as coincidence. We make plans and work towards achieving our goals and so we say we have done what we set out to do.

In other words we caused this affect by physically carrying out our plans. Always in retrospect though, we can look at all the things that dropped into place that could have gone either way.

If we are honest with ourselves and not just give ourselves all the credit, we can appreciate the help we received in making our dreams come true.

To appreciate the help and know it is there is what makes it work.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Thank you.

On my profile page, under things "I don't like", I have written "birthday cake smashers". The meaning behind this thread is the reason.

I had a dream once that I was having a huge birthday party for a friend. We had on our cocktail dresses, the guys were looking great, and there was light, music,and laughter. We were having a great time.

I had befriended someone in my life at that time, who was negative about everything. Nothing was ever good enough, and it was really starting to bring me down, and I was thinking I didn't like being around him, but I still wasn't sure.

Back to the dream. The doorbell rang, and I happily went to answer. It was the friend I just described. In the dream, he walked into the room and looked around with disgust. Simply sneering at everything. He walked over to the table that had the nice cake, which was not yet cut.
Without saying a word he raised his fist above it, and brought it down forcefully into the center of the cake. He looked at us like we were all fools. Then he turned and left.

The party became very quiet. No one was having any fun anymore. He had ruined everything.

I woke up. I literally had to get out of bed and consider the meaning of this dream. It told me I had to end my friendship with this person. I didn't want or need that kind of negativity in my life. I never forgot it. I will never forget it.

You can't always change birthday cake smashers. But you sure don't have to have them around you.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Holist1c

I try to stay in the flow of my life and ride the waves instead of being drowned by them. I trust that the answers will be revealed when i need them most and find that when the wave does come crashing down, i look back and realise it was the best thing that could have happened.

We are at the same place in life with our understanding. Non of this thread is new to you my friend. You are already getting full benefit from knowing of it's existence.

Keep believing and happy surfing.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I have a number of friends who have just about devoted their lives to helping people. Not all on a professional level, but people who have learned and have grown spiritually.

The tendency for them is to be a shoulder or an ear, out of compassion for those who are in pain or negative about life.

What I think they have all discovered is, that if they spend too long trying to help the other person, the negative energy has an adverse affect on the helper. Unless you are bullet proof. It is just best to point someone in the right direction and then get the hell out of there.

It is hard enough to attain the positive attitude in the first place and you won't have the strength for yourself or for others, if you end up being drained by those who don't want to change.

Your dream was telling you just that.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CTBAPRBR

To me something like happen too. Everything that I sincerely want I have it. when I have a true desire of something I get it. I think that if I truly wanted to be wealth I would, but I don't want it to go away so I don't try it. That magic is splendid, and I get happy when it happen.

The only thing that people really want in life is happiness and contentment.

Money doesn't even come into the equation, unless you believe that money is the only thing that will bring you joy.

Don't use the power to bring wealth, just expect and receive joy and contentment, then recognize and appreciate it. It will always be their.

Stay happy!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

A lot of people on this web site had a lot of number synchronicity like seeing 11:11 all the time.lGreen lights and parking spaces mean anything to you?

Yes it absolutely does, Those things make up a lot of my personal faith in the gift we are given. I haven't so much noticed the numbers but I will be looking out for them now.

I know this sounds silly but there is always a sign, I see a white feather soon after strong case of "life happening" I just smile and go about my day.

I just re-read what I just said and it makes me sound a bit new agey but I swear it is part of my reality. It is a confirmation that strengthens my faith in it, and so they materialize.

I must check out the book, although I don't need to look any further than my own life.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kilas

Sounds to me as if you are aware, which is the first thing that happens on the way to realization.

We are told and are convinced, that all that is in the world can be explained, done deal, nothing to see here.

It is an indoctrination by science and religion and modern education to take your power away.

If you can't see it, hear it, touch it etc, then it can't exist.

You have many things to question about, regarding your experiences. Don't dismiss them, and don't sit on the fence.

Once you embrace it as a natural part of your life it will manifest itself all the time. With your personal proof to reassure you, your power will grow.

Once you feel it developing, keep it to yourself to start with, others will tell you it can't be so and you will lose faith, which is the very thing that makes it work.

Once it becomes your paradigm, nothing can convince you otherwise, then you can share it to help others find the magic.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Twice about 8 to 10 years ago a friend tried calling me on two seperate occasions on different days and times. Both times she misdialled my number completely. Both times I was coming out of my local bank on the High street and walking past a row of telephone boxes. Both times one of the boxes phone began ringing. Both times I answered the call (which I don't normally when that happens). Both times it was my friend trying to call me and totally unaware of the reason for my shock in hearing her voice. She had been trying to get me on my mobile/cell not my landline so the number was completely different. The incidents were a few months apart.

That is a fantastic example of what I am saying.

I don't need to convince you that this is a reality, you have such strong examples to bolster your faith in it.

Just don't take it for granted though, because appreciating it is all part of the feedback system that allows it to manifest in the future to your benefit.

The more posts I am reading the stronger my personnel faith in it is developing
I think I may just go out today and make a miracle happen

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I know this sounds silly but there is always a sign, I see a white feather soon after strong case of "life happening" I just smile and go about my day.

This i can relate to!

Only a few months ago i was on my way to give a reiki treatment. I was sitting in a traffic queue at red lights. Often in these situations i begin to think of things i'm thankful for and bring my mind into the present and just feel grateful. As god is my witness a white feather about 3 inches long drifted onto the road to my right about 15 feet in front of my car, it whipped up and blew straight towards me, it stuck right on my windscreen in front of my eyes, i was absolutely gobsmacked,i reached my hand out the window and picked it off, i have that feather in my wallet to this day.

Something i'd like to add, i used to go through my life getting really upset when things werent going "my" way. One thing after another, something "bad" always happening to me. I reached a point where i gave up. I just didnt care about the things that were happening, i started to laugh at them. The strange thing was when i did that, things started improving. Then i started getting into the mindset of expecting good things to happen and they did.

For me, i never gave up caring what was happening, i think i just became detached from it. It appears that by giving up/surrendering and detaching myself in such a way, things improved.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join