It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really do "this" any longer?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well, not being able to escape is a big problem indeed. I look around and see the illusion for what it is, but there is nothing I can do about it. I currently have no income, and in fact I owe around $3500 in financial aid from my little dabble in college life. So to just get up and go somewhere to be free is kind of out of the question. I would love to travel the world and discover new things, I simply can't.

The only thing it seems my life currently holds is a dead end job. Which is exactly the thing I have been fighting. Perhaps it is just time to give in and go with the flow =)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by doped00

We all wish for a utopia, that is one reason that people lovge their religion so much. Sadly, there will be no utopia on earth, and certainly not enough money to even pretend there could be.

Abundance and joy are self made prophecies. Self made with some blood, sweat, and tears. Life isn't easy, but it is what you make of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yes we do and your right, life is hard. But I just think it's time we as a species, as humans, as fellow brothers and sisters, take life by the balls and make it better for everybody because it will in turn make it better for you.

Well I can always dream can't I. lol

[edit on 7-1-2010 by doped00]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by inval

At this point, be glad you have a job. So many do not, and would love to be in your position. Sometimes, we do not have to look far to see that we are blessed, regardless of how we feel in the moment, stand back and look at the big picture.

It could be worse. Much, much, worse.

I am grateful every day that I have a job, food for my tummy, and enough to pay the power bill to keep me warm. I am thankful that I have a husband to share it with, and grown children that come and visit that we share that with.

I have been poor and homeless, and trust me, I would pick the daily grind over that any day. It is all in your perspective, and it is what you make of it.

I know a few million people would love to have your dead end job. They would trade places in a heartbeat.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I have no clue what the future may bring. Inside, I am feeling quite jittery about 2010. I feel as if something is bound to happen soon. However, I know that hoping and wishing for something or another to occur to change things is unproductive, and by all means seriously lazy.

What I do know and understand is that we can not do "this" any longer. We just can not. I am 19, and when I look towards to future....I just can not see myself grinding the nine to five working for a materialistic lifestyle. I just can not see myself doing it. It is, and by my best guess economic slavery.anyone else as odd?

I am feeling the exact same way. Daily, I say to myself "What am I doing? Am I really going to be stuck in the rate race for another 40+ years? I can't. I just can't. Impossible." I am also guilty of 'waiting for change'. It's just not gonna happen unless we do something about. SO, the time has come the walrus said...what ARE we going to do? Let's start making plans. Seriously.

Good post btw, well written. I love when I see people my age with brains and not stuck in the fantasy world.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by jar11]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doped00

Well, I suppose that you just hit on the crux of the matter.

When is giving or helping too much? How far must one go to overextend themselves in helping another? There is only so much that one person, or a group can do before helping becomes a dependency.

There is the fine line, I suppose. I think it is too far when you elevate said group above yourself so you are suffering for their benefit. It should not even come close to that.

I think many today are fearful that the new generation is crossing this line. Helping and guidance is one thing, but having someone being dependent upon others in that respect is what so many feel is wrong.

Not saying that you are, but in general, the new movement seems to be this way.

I would like to see it better for everyone, for sure, but not when it goes past helping to being made to do it.

It isn't fair, nor right, that one group of people is expected to carry another group of people that are capable of accomplishing the exact same things, except they "just don't want to". It is the whine of the young.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I hope we get change for the better. I hope they stop thinking of more ways to tax the already poor or middle class. My beliefs are if this doesn't stop more people are going to start going down the wrong path and crime will go up. There are already tons of people out of work this recession started a long time ago and I don't think it is near over. I have hope just like you even living in a society where hope is bleak...
Nice thread!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I have no clue what the future may bring. Inside, I am feeling quite jittery about 2010. I feel as if something is bound to happen soon. However, I know that hoping and wishing for something or another to occur to change things is unproductive, and by all means seriously lazy.

What I do know and understand is that we can not do "this" any longer. We just can not. I am 19, and when I look towards to future....I just can not see myself grinding the nine to five working for a materialistic lifestyle. I just can not see myself doing it. It is, and by my best guess economic slavery. I live in the US, and while I enjoy many freedoms, it still baffles me that I...we, are trapped within this cycle of work, sleep, work and sleep. We toil day in and day out, and for what? A retirement? Are we going to finally enjoy ourselves once we reach a ripe old age of 65? Does this not strike anyone else as odd?

The people, they are, by my best guess becoming more and more callous to reality. We are becoming more and more fond of this illusion of society as it is now. We are more willing to accept what comes towards us from the higher ups. We are becoming grateful for the few little scraps that we receive. The illusion is becoming our reality.

Something inside me says it is going to change, and it is going to be a large scale change that shocks absolutely everyone. However, I doubt...I doubt....and when I do doubt I see myself working until 65 missing out on the full wonders of the true reality.
I am frightened by this. Its hard for anyone to admit to this without sounding like a loon.

I do not see 2012 as a saving grace....I do not see it as a must. I just understand that we can not do "this" any longer. We can no longer be bound in the manner that we are. We can no longer sit back and accept all given to us. This system is crumbling, and though we can not see it the change will come.

So I ask you:
What do you see occurring in 2012? Be honest. Tell me what you believe may happen, and tell me what you want to happen. Be honest, this is a friendly area. All answers are welcome.

What do I see? I see secrets of old being revealed. I see many nations attempting to take the lead in these "new" systems of energy production that will become common knowledge. I see somethings being leaked that a lot of people are not ready for. I see the beginning of the post industrial society, one in which machines become the industry and create for the people. I see people starting to learn how connected they are to one another and the universe at whole. I see hope.

Greetings friend
I am twice your age and I have just recently begun to feel as you do. Do not ever stop feeling this way. This is what will motivate you to create the reality you want to live in.

As far as 2012 is concerned, I see it as a win win. If 2012 rolls around and we find that nothing obvious has happened then maybe we will no longer anticipate an event to change our world and instead take action on our own and be responsible for the world we reside in.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I feel the exact same way friend.

I myself turn 19 on the 11th, and have often been wondering what to do with my life; all the options that I have don't seem to satisfy me, because as you said, it's all about the everyday cycle and the retirement at 65 (however, I remember reading somewhere that our generation might have an average age of over 110 years old, and will be able to work till were over 90).

I've decided that for the time being, I am going to try and dedicate my learning and life towards changing the system, and the minds of as many people as I can.

As for 2012...

I have a very strong feeling, that's impossible for me to ignore or write off, that says that something is going to change around that time.. i.e. next 3 years. I have no idea what... but shift seems an appropriate word to describe the way I feel about it.

I honestly think it will be such a big change, that we will look back to these years with nostalgia- we'll remember them as the "good old times" or "before it happened". It will be something to the equivalent of us viewing the egyptians.... but it being the lifestyle and mindset of the civilization that is so different rather than age and culture.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Awesome thread!! Most of my friends and family here think something is going to happen soon as well. We have our suspicions of course of what TPTB want to happen, but it feels deeper than that. I think a shift in consciousness could take place as we move through galactic center, which would be a good thing I'm sure. Slaving my whole life for a stupid job has never resonated with me. Im 41, and have been doing their slave work for what seems like forever.

I play in a band which is alot of fun and do hang out with good people. I try to live as stress free as possible. But ya i agree something is comin down the pipe soon, what it will be is anyone's guess.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
The one thing you have to keep in mind. The daily grind is what is required to get by in this world. Whether it be a 9-5 job, or a 3-11, or a 7p-7a. We all have to make a living. Mkae it something you really enjoy.

I understand your logic, your reasoning, and the words written that have come from invaluable experience. However, as you know, I will have to respectfully disagree with you.

Originally posted by LibertygalAbove all, and I ask this in the most sincere manner possible, what make you think that you above anyone else, should not have to do the same thing we all do? Just who is it that you would consign to work to pay your way through this life, and how will it benefit them? Why are you so special that you are outside the box?

I am not, in any manner, above any single person. I am as special as everyone else. No one stands a head taller than anyone else in the grand scheme of reality. It is a fact that everyone will discover sooner or later, it is something we must all come to learn.

Who will provide the labor? Who will provide the funds? Well, there are quite a few options. One that I have come across in the past few years has come from a dubious individual. However, the idea was sound and stable (though the individuals background is obviously quite false). There are many variations of this idea that are prevalent amongst many in our modern day culture. To progress towards the point, the idea is that of auto labor. Machines produce everything from clothing to automobiles. The items are produced at such a pace that they become as rare as a blade of grass in a lush and green plain, making the costs little to nothing. The individuals of the state receive a stipend due to the machines replacing them. The citizens will have enough funds for survival, entertainment, and travel. If the stipend is not enough for the individual there are many jobs that machines will never be able to take, so the individual can work and receive pay plus the stipend if they enjoy the idea of a very luxurious lifestyle.
Similar to the small scale operation in Alaska dealing with the oil drilling. The Alaska Permanent Fund. Imagine that except on a larger, grander scale.

Is it possible now? Is our technology advanced enough to do so? Yes. The truth is yes, we can easily achieve this state of true freedom with our current understandings of science and robotics. However, there is again a stump in the road preventing the carriage from moving forward. There are individuals, powerful individuals who would rather not have this occur. So, the idea becomes merely feasible due to this road block. Therefore, we no longer have to discuss this due to the fact that the obstacle obstructing such a society is one that must remove itself.

What I provided you with was simply one example of a method in which we can free the economic bonds that tie the hands of our society. My overall point was that the current situation can not remain intact for much longer. Citizens can only continue to work like they are machines void of life for so long. My generation, as I have learned is the first projected to make less than the previous generation in our whole lifetime. I am two years away from my Bachelor's degree and I have to tell you, a BA today is the equivalent of a High school diploma twenty odd years ago. We must seek education after the traditional four years simply to stand out more. You understand what that implies, do you not? We will have that much more debt upon our shoulders. The cost of living has risen as well. The fact remains that the system can no longer support itself, nor the generations to come anymore. The economic stability of the world is also caving from this overly capitalistic ethic that has been adopted by all. Something is going to have to change.

However, I have avoided interjecting conspiracy in my response. Even without the conspiracy you can clearly see change is coming one way or another, or the system will snap. Look inside of yourself, you can feel it. Something is coming our way, something that I can not explain. I do not believe in any doomsday prophecy but I think...I truly do believe that intervention of some sort will occur, something that is so out of the normal that it changes how people will see things for a long time. Such a scenario is not a must for myself, believe me. I have my profession mapped, and a talent in which with enough daily practice (and good ideas) will definitely produce monetary funds. However, again, I can not shake the feeling of something heavy approaching. I do not know what it is, but something tells me that it will have a positive effect on humanity.

Thanks for the advice though, it will not go unheeded.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Everyone dreams of change, but what is the 'change' does all seek, or is it even the same for everyone?

To some, it may mean being slim and beautiful, or intelligence can be downloaded, or milk and honey everyday, etc, etc.

Please dont daydream anymore. It's ok to once in a while to indulge in fantasy, but we have to live in the real world. The economic order had alread set in at the start of mankind's journey in civilisation, and this is the way we all will have to live and die.

Will this current economic order base on monetary value be changed? Some believed that through spiritualism, one moves into a higher plane of existance, beyond money and concerns even hunger itself. Is this the life you seek and miss out on companionship and material comfort? You may be able to do it by yourself but will your friends do as you do?

Just look around you at different orders of survival other than mankind's. The animals have no bartering or trade system, yet they survived. BUT how do they survive? It was based on jungle law -survival of the fittest. Today they live, tomorrow they never know, at the hands of superior or even minority cellular species. They have no doctors. Is this how you wish to live?

I too dream of a better system, but we had not evolved to that stage yet, for our civilisation is still young, with many still left behind, and majority being selfish of their own survival to care. Even if the super rich are brokened up, the economic order will still remain, but with a fairer share for all. This will be the noble change many needs to be educated on.

In time perhaps we will evolve into a better system, but today, if you stop to dream, you will surely be left far behind, with only either spiritualism or the jungles as a way of life, a free choice of your own making.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
More and more I feel like 2012 will be the tipping point. I too am jittery about 2010, more and more people waking up every minute. The phenomena of 2012 is happening right now, think of how many people will understand what's going on, what life really is. Surely it would seem that by that time it would reach critical mass.

I also really like the theory of the solar system moving into the photon belt of the galaxy. This is just another cycle, A cycle that the ancients clearly understood. I don't buy into any of the doom and gloom scenarios, and I seriously believe that this what the ancients referred to as the "golden age".

It would seem that these "golden ages" come to an end with a great catastrophe, the most recent would be the story of Noah. Which also makes me wonder about the "water canopy" theory. Maybe when we move into this new part of the galaxy conditions will be right for this water canopy to exist.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Very good thread ! As already said, you truly are mature.

All I want to say here is that it's not always as people say : You will grow up. You will accept your fate with a resignated cynicism.

Why do you think older people sometimes become more spiritually inclined ? Because in the end, they finally get that maybe that what life is about after all.

When your last time arrives, do you want to say to yourself : I have done what I was told to, like a good servant. I have some regrets but I should be rewarded for that servitude, right ?

Or do you prefer : I was the Master of my life. I choosed to trust my guts, and I know it was the good think to do because now I'm at peace.

I made my choice and it won't be easy since this society is jealous and envious of the free people.

Be carefull, I didn't said you should say f* off to everything and party all the time, for that will leave an empty space in your life.

You should just know that there is a purpose in life. And that is to live fully according to what the christians will call your heart, and I will call your guts. Only then will your life have a true meaning. Don't believe the nihilistic and the false prophet, they are just jealous of your freedom.

I also feel something big is coming, and I do everything I can to make it worth it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I agree completely. 2012 isnt the end...its the beginning. a new age, with a large increase in knowledge and (hopefully) wisdom. I'm hoping its gonna be a time where the governments and leaders are not able to fool and control the people anymore, and even the media! these days they completely control our thoughts and ideas to bend it to their deluded ways. I'd like to see an end to that, give everyone a mind of their own, to express their own thoughts...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I feel the same as most everyone else in the thread. The feelings of "whats the purpose of life" and the like. Ever since my early teens (22 now) Ive had periods of where I want to do one thing and then a year or 2 later, I change my mind to another things, and it is still going on in my head I believe. Most people that I hang around with agree that the daily 9-5 is basically slavery and the "growing up" part is a form of being domesticated, like an above poster stated.

I do believe something is going to change in 2012, but exactly what, I am still unsure about. I have a feeling it is going to be a change in human conscious, but I cant say 100 percent on that one yet. Looking at the mayan calendar of conscious evolution, I have good hopes for humanity. If it does indeed work out for the good. Heres a link to my thread about the mayan conscious evolution calendar. www.abovetopsecret.com... Right now, I am trying to find a decent job even tho I dont want a mind numbing one, but I would take it. The fast pace at which the world has been going makes me believe in change even more than ever.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is a great thread. I am 33 and for a long time, since my early 20's. i have felt i am different to most people i know. I have always felt that i don't fit in with this 9 till 5 prison i have been living, and it does get me down. I have always seen the world for what it is, and while most people are watching big brother and x factor, or some of crap, im thinking about this planet, and how bad it has become.

What gets me down is just how primitive people still are, even people in charge of counties, or in great power. I call them boys with toys because they have so much power, but they act like kids, putting all our lives at risk with the "my country is better than yours" crap.

I have had a feeling now for about 20 years, and i wish i didn't. Sometimes i wish i could be like everyone else, and be blind to all the troubles in the world, but i can't. I have always felt that i was supposed to do something, be something! i am not supposed to be living this 9 till 5 job, but i don't know what im supposed to do, and thats the scary part. Im scared im going to go through life knowing that something it wrong, and im supposed to be doing something else, but i never find out wat it is. But this feeling has been getting stronger and stronger.

If i was to give anyone advice, it would be dont put all your hopes on the world changing for the better. Dont get your hopes up, just in case nothing does happen. There has been so many predictions in the past and pple have believed them, and nothing has happened.

I would love something to happen, to change this world for the better, and i guess its only human instict that we feel this way. God know s how many times in the past i have believed that ET disclosure is coming, only to be let down time and time again.

Take david wilcox. He seems like a nice person, very intelligent. He is saying alot about ET disclosure and what is going to happen in 2012. Chances are, its not gonna happen, and deep down, i think e all know this. But for him, it will be ok. Even it does not happen,at least he has made enough mone to live a decent life, so for him, he can't lose really. Its people like us who will lose at the end of the day.

Money is the evil of this world, as we all know, ut we are slaves to it. We can't live without it, and some people will do anything to get it, even if it involves getting peoples hopes up, just for there hopes to come crashing down.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Really great thread. I think i'm just coming out the other side of this..

Wear Sunscreen, travel and view as many sunsets and sunrises with someone you love as you can before checking out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Will this current economic order base on monetary value be changed? Some believed that through spiritualism, one moves into a higher plane of existance, beyond money and concerns even hunger itself. Is this the life you seek and miss out on companionship and material comfort?

What is material confort ? People always feel empty in the end. Material confort is like food that doesn't make you full.

In the opposite, if a satisfy myself with less, I will feel full and content. And I'm not only speaking spiritually here, it is also applicable to my daily life.

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
In time perhaps we will evolve into a better system, but today, if you stop to dream, you will surely be left far behind, with only either spiritualism or the jungles as a way of life, a free choice of your own making.

Boy that would be great ! If I could truly be spiritually perfect. And living in the jungle can be awesome you know. I've grown up in the woods. Sure my new cell phone is cool, but was my life less cool when it wasn't invented yet ?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I guess with 2012 comming, momentous events happening now and majority whisperings about it, many would believe something will happen on that date.

What will will it hold for us? Rapture or doom? No one really knows and NO man had ever been able to forcast the future with certainty. The only scientific evidence mankind knows is that a solar storm will occur, but will not wipe out life as we know it, just electrical appliances get fried and within months, life will be as before.

Some will thrive on fear and think the worse will happen, and it can be a good thing, for it makes us realize what we had taken for granted in daily life - familiies, relatives and friends, whom we will appreciate them more now that some believe the end is near and cannot be change, and start to live life.

But excessive fears of the unknown is unhealthy, such as stocking up on food or it may even lead to giving up on one's precious gift of life, when there is no certainty of doom in 2012.

I know I may be wasting my breathe here and what I say may fall on deaf ears, but I sincerly hope no one gives up on life and living. Whatever presumed disasters that may happened, mankind had never given up.

Earthquakes, storms, floods, tsunamis, etc, we had managed to pick ourselves up, dust off the debris and rebuild throughout our history. So too will we again, even in the year 4024AD, just as our ancestors did in 2012BC.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join