It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really do "this" any longer?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
My thoughts and feelings exactly. I'm 19 as well. Every adult I encountered in my life has said the same thing.

"You are young, we all felt like that but eventually you grow up."

What equates to growing up? Unnecessary responsibility? The new car, the better college, the lazier desk job? "Things happen" is a popular response too. I think that is wrong.

So please outline a human society that functions and how you and I fit in. You need to produce food, clothes goods etc etc. You need distribute same to all humans on the planet etc etc.

Please enlighten us with positive recommendations a list of "I would not....." is pointless.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I've worked in dead end jobs since i left school at the age of 16, the reason being that i had a mortgage to pay, bills to pay, kid to provide for, car to run etc. I hated every moment of my working life in those jobs, it was truelly a depressing time in the "working" sense. The thing is, looking back now, I realise I learned alot from those jobs. I learned what responsibility was, how to take responsibilty for myself, it opened my eyes to the fact that I was living a life that I didnt want. It let me see guys who had worked in the same job 40yrs and had a standard of living no better than myself. Now at 28 i have come to realise...

If I can make a living doing something i love, I will never have to work another day in my life.

So simple but so powerful!

When i realised that, I left. I went to college, I've started doing the things I was passionate about and have used that as a new way to live.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, please do something you love and avoid getting caught in the trap.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hello.

For 2012 I see people scoffing at the idea that something bad will happen. I see them making a joke of it until December comes. Then I see us having more suicides and suicide cults acting out their death wishes. And finally, on that day, the longest day of our lives, the longest day in eons, we will be going crazy with fear.

Then, then it will happen. A trimmer, a slight earth quake. Then.. nothing. We all laugh, nervously... Then bang! Rocks hit, thousands of them, from the south. The daytime side of the planet sees the sun become darkened by space debris, the night time side sees the stars covered over, as if rolling up into a scroll, as the debris field is finally close enough to hide them.

Ah, but all is not over. One meteor will hit the ocean like a burning mountain. It will send tsunamis all over the globe. Then, when we think everything is okay, a comet will come, shining, and smash into a continent, and the comet will contain a poison, perhaps cyanide, which is common in space by the way. It will come down like a true falling star, and will poison the waters of the land it falls on and kill many people who drink of it.

Then, just when you think nothing else will happen, then God will unleash demons to torment the rest of mankind who are the most wicked and evil, and these are the people he says he is tormenting:

Revelation 9:20 "And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: 21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts."

Does this not sound like the Masons and the Illuminati?

Yes, they meet their match, check and mate.

This is what I see happening on and after 2012.

After three and half years of horror, I see Joshua coming down sometime at the end of 2016, it will be the beginning of Israel's Jubilee, a special time for Israel in which many important events happened in the past on Jubilee years.

Good luck, and..
Thanks for asking.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Nyhee]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I see 2012 as a date we Could of all reached but we changed a huge deal and some people can't cope with whats happening or a big sad event happening. That's just how i feel about the date '2012'. Maybe due to the hype, i dont know.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

I would agree. I have often said that I am a better Christian than most Church goer's I know. I loath organised religion, because of the pain and suffering it has caused throughout the world, but I try to live my life along the positive aspects of all the religions throughout the World. Or to paraphrase the Book, "Do unto others... Yadda yadda yadda."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Just because a little more of this video is always good :

I don't know if it's happening, I don't know if it is scheduled, but I know that's what I want, and nobody can take that off me

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by univac500
19, you say?

Okay, this is what will happen to YOU in the mighty year 2012.

1) You will meet someone and fall *in love*. Ho ho ho.

2) You will want to live together.

3) You will need money to pay for 'your place'.

4) You will need a job to get that money.

5) You will need a car to get to that job.

6) And Shazam! You're in the Rat Race. No turning back.

Be careful young one.

Yep, that's pretty much how they got me.

A Mrs and a kid later and you kinda "get" reality.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think that many generations of people have asked this question.

Well, it is either do it or leave. That is the deal.

And if you choose life, at least try to enjoy it - even in the small things (which are very important).

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
What I do know and understand is that we can not do "this" any longer. We just can not. I am 19, and when I look towards to future....I just can not see myself grinding the nine to five working for a materialistic lifestyle. I just can not see myself doing it. It is, and by my best guess economic slavery. I live in the US, and while I enjoy many freedoms, it still baffles me that I...we, are trapped within this cycle of work, sleep, work and sleep. We toil day in and day out, and for what? A retirement? Are we going to finally enjoy ourselves once we reach a ripe old age of 65? Does this not strike anyone else as odd?...

What do I see? I see secrets of old being revealed. I see many nations attempting to take the lead in these "new" systems of energy production that will become common knowledge. I see somethings being leaked that a lot of people are not ready for. I see the beginning of the post industrial society, one in which machines become the industry and create for the people. I see people starting to learn how connected they are to one another and the universe at whole. I see hope.

I agree totally with the whole 9-5 work, I not only feel I cannot do it, I am very smart and do not want to be lazy, but honestly why should I work to just retire and slowly die? Even if health care gets better with new anti-aging medications (which it wont, or at least it wont be available to "us all") I don't see it being implemented into our society.

And some of the things in 2012 I think will be positive. I think universal knowledge and understanding may come along with the energy we may get from possible critical mass of certain topics, and yes disclosure may come of things we never thought possible, but to me and a lot of others we don't really need disclosure because so much information is out there for you to research on your own and see the truth already. The problem is that many people do not open their eyes.

I try, and try again to open peoples eyes to the world around us. Starting with my family, and although they laugh sometimes when I bring up a conspiracy that has been proven true, with research backing me up, I still keep trying.

I got my mom into spirituality now, she is learning on her own reading books she originally bought for me, ha, which is nice to hear. I'm glad she is finding her own path, after listening to my wonderful stories and success with spirituality I guess she finally wanted to figure stuff out on her own - and she was/is a sheeple, but is starting to turn away from being closed minded and living a life where she doesn't worry about the crap going on. That makes me so happy.

Now, if we all do this, is it possible for a global change in awareness? All the answers are within, not saying we can all see the future (although it may be possible) but we all can learn the simplistic things that seem to baffle humanity if we look within. Teach others to do their own research, learn on their own, but give them a little shove, it wont hurt them.

Preaching however, will not help but make things worse. So no preaching! Just shoves into bits of truth that will open eyes, and let people follow their own paths in life, make their own footprints, and hopefully others will not follow one another, but make their own decisions.

I wish for us all to do this. Follow your heart, follow your intuition it's usually right (it's really the sub conscious a lot of the time with the right information) and follow love. Love is key, I don't care if you don't believe but one way or another everything is connected, and love is the key to unlocking the door of spirituality.

Peace & Light to us all!

S&F.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

My thoughts and feelings exactly. I'm 19 as well. Every adult I encountered in my life has said the same thing.

"You are young, we all felt like that but eventually you grow up."

What equates to growing up? Unnecessary responsibility? The new car, the better college, the lazier desk job? "Things happen" is a popular response too. I think that is wrong.

I find it most worrying that at 19, you don't class yourself as an adult. I'm sorry, but you are a man now, time to put away childish things.

At your age, I was in my second year of university, holding down a bar job, looking after my disabled father and planning to propose to my now current wife.

My advice.. Get it out of your system, get drunk... a lot! Get some peircings and tatts, grow your hair, grow a beard. Basically just go mental for about 12 months. You eventually hit a point in those 12 months where you suddenly realise what is actually important in life. That is when you're just staring to grow up. It's called a right of passege and in one way or another, we all go through it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Good post OP. I have this really funny feeling we aint going to have to wait until 2012.

I am nearly twice your age and there is a massive number of people realising now that maybe we are not doing things the way we should be.

I appreciate people giving positive input about finding something to do that you love. This is totally unrealisitic for so many of the population of the planet. If its working for some at the minute just be grateful. However there is constantly change and this happy place some people find themselves in will change too.

Many people find contentment in the search for spiritual enlightment but in another sense they are only feeding a spiritual ego.

I do believe there is a massive awakening occuring. I never thought I would say something like that. But friends and family are mentioning things to me that shows me there is an awakening occuring. I thought this would takes decades. I now think it is progressing at an alarming rate. Its gonna be fun and probably scary to see it unfold.

In my heart I do believe things will work out for us.

Sometimes I do wonder though that maybe we are outgrowing our capabilities and someone might just decide its time to flick the off switch.

For example if you look at the lowest forms of life on the planet. We would condiser ourseleves much more advanced and intelligent than these lifeforms. Who is to say that there isn't some super advanced life forms in the universe who view us like we view the lower lifeforms here. Maybe we are some super life forms high scholl project or pet. We have ant farms , they have planets. Now that would be a bummer.

Peace

[edit on 7-1-2010 by itstheendoftheworldaswekn]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hey there OP, I’m 15 and yeah

I just can not see myself grinding the nine to five working for a materialistic lifestyle.
as well. Parents want me to do something else and I want to do something else...and we can’t really come to a decision. I suppose I’ll just have to do whatever I want in the sidelines.

2012 well, I personally don’t think we’re going to have to wait that long – I think we’re going to start seeing effects and such things from this year but hey, I can’t prove that and it’s only just a opinion.

I do think something will happen in 2012, but can’t say if it’s going to “save” humanity or “destroy” humanity...or if it’s going to be something “major” or “minor.” There’s so many opinions on this site, I don’t honestly know where to start such as the NWO theories or how HAARP may wipe us out etc.

I see somethings being leaked that a lot of people are not ready for.

I definitely see that but I don’t know if it’s going to be hope or something else. Many people are against ideas such as the Mayan but then we see NASA saying about the sun and stuff....people saying that a new AntiChrist will appear this year and so on. There are so many different possibilities that could occur.

I think I’m repeating myself too much, ah well yeah shortening it: Something is definitely going to happen in the coming years.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I feel this way all the time. But the reality doesnt change once you start asking questions.

Here is one point of view:
There have always been servant classes in all societies through history. I wouldnt call it economic slavery, I would just call it slavery. If it were only economic then after you quit working/contributing you wouldn't lose everything you have and maybe even face jail time for not paying certain dues if it were only "economic"...slavery is slavery.

Here is another point of view:
If everyone didn't contribute somehow, then who would pick up your garbage, take care of you in the hospital, chase heavily armed criminals, work the sewage plants, make shoes, ect...Find a work that makes you happy and enjoy life.

Perception is truely different for everyone.

I think all of this confusion comes from the new thinking that everyone should be happy ALL the time. Truth is that happiness is an emotion that means nothing without all the other emotions.

As for 2012:
I think it will be a self fullfilling prophecy due to all the hype. Some people won't be satisfied until something really does happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Hey there OP, I’m 15 and yeah

I just can not see myself grinding the nine to five working for a materialistic lifestyle.
as well. Parents want me to do something else and I want to do something else...and we can’t really come to a decision. I suppose I’ll just have to do whatever I want in the sidelines.

Ha! Yeah, at your age, I was gonna be in the next Metallica (thats a 1980/90's metal band for you younglings, lol)

Now, although I'm still in a band and still rockin' hard, I'm old enough to realise how fickle and unstable the music industry is to support my family.

My point is that your views change over a very short period of time. At your age, the last thing I wanted was to work in an office, because it was boring. But here I am, at my little corner desk and finding that if you pick the right job, it can be fun. Unfortunately, this isn't the right job, lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Answering this before I have read the whole thread I am struck right off by your age, 19.

I think each generation hits your wall, read some history. Look at the 'revolution' of the 60's. Young people were out in droves, trying to 'find themselves'.
We (I was of that age then) felt we needed to change the world ..
Its the great thing about new generations, hopefully they each add something wonderful to the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

What equates to growing up? Unnecessary responsibility? The new car, the better college, the lazier desk job?

This right here hit home for me so incredibly much. This thread in general has caught my attention more than so many others on the site, maybe because I am 19 as well, but am already sucked into the whole "Grow Up" thing. I work an 8-5 job, in a cubicle all day, making crazy payments on things I shouldn't need to be making payments on. It all seems ridiculous to me, especially the reality of being 20 in a couple months, and already heading down this road. Some would say I'm lucky to have an early start on things, but I think I'd have to disagree with them. I'm ready for some change.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Nicholi]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Nothing to contribute to what you and everyone else has said, just wanted to say that I'm also a 19 year old university student, and feel something is on the horizon. I have also been told to grow up, but when I ask "Grow up into what?" I don't get an answer. I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Unless the majority of humanity starts becoming service to others vs service to self we are doomed as a species.

There is an old saying, "We either hang together or die alone".

We are all interconnected, parts of a whole - and what affects one of us affects all of us.

If we don't all start realizing this than things are only going to get worse.

I also suspect there are outside forces (non human) that have been allowed to call the shots and the majority of mankind refuses to consciously see what is going on.

Our once beautiful lush planet is being garbaged.

People are getting more harsh and apathetic towards their fellow man.

and somethings coming...........many can feel it, like before a storm.

I hope I am wrong, but my gut instinct tells me differently.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicholi

What equates to growing up? Unnecessary responsibility? The new car, the better college, the lazier desk job?

This right here hit home for me so incredibly much. This thread in general has caught my attention more than so many others on the site, maybe because I am 19 as well, but am already sucked into the whole "Grow Up" thing. I work an 8-5 job, in a cubicle all day, making crazy payments on things I shouldn't need to be making payments on. It all seems ridiculous to me, especially the reality of being 20 in a couple months, and already heading down this road. Some would say I'm lucky to have an early start on things, but I think I'd have to disagree with them. I'm ready for some change.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Nicholi]

Aww, diddums!
What a shame for poor you.

Wait a few years, it gets far worse...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I am 30 years old. I have a bachelor's degree and a master's degree from an excellent university. I have a loving husband and a beautiful, perfect 15 month-old-daughter. We have a small but comfortable house. I have everything I always thought I was supposed to have, and I'm utterly miserable. I am blindingly, overwhelmingly unhappy with my life.

I spend my days at a pointless, mind-numbing job. I've changed careers four times since I finished grad school and everything is the same. I try to find something that I'm interested in, and it just turns out to be another soul-killer.

Once or twice a month I have mini-breakdowns where I lock myself in the bathroom and cry in the shower until the hot water runs out. Is this it? How the heck am I supposed to make myself do this every day for another 20, 30, 40, 50 years?

I feel horribly ungrateful about being so miserable, and that makes me feel guilty. I have so much good in my life, but I'm so unhappy. I wouldn't change my husband, my daughter, my house, my friends and family, any of it, but the job, the work, the hours and hours every day that I spend miserable are just outweighing the good. Damn, I need therapy.

To answer your question, I have no idea whether we can do "this" for any longer. I don't think I can, and I'm out of ideas for reinventing myself.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by sweetpeanc]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join