It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really do "this" any longer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

I have no anwer to that, for I dont live your life. Only you alone are capable of living it and answering it, if it is the life you freely seek and would make you less confused and happy.

I can only share an insight with you, that you may consider.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Well as I've said a few times, when I was 13, I had a series of dreams about that so-called great change. And it was not pretty at all, no sir.

First, the west begins to simple no longer be able to control the rest of the world, then the Russians and Chinese, wanting to grow industrially faster, begin securing economic powers over the west. The US begins securing it's own security via a North American Union, and responds by selling resources from Canada and Mexico cheaper than the Russians. Tensions build as the competition grows. The African Union and European Union needs resources to grow. China's perfectly happy with building Russian tanks in exchange for oil. War is coming, but no one wants it. Finally, a challenge. The Iranian government sides with the Russians, but the Iranian people side with the west. The clash, as well as regional problems, draws in the US to intervene more. Sucked it, the Russians begin more and more going to aggressions. When the time is right, they stop using shadow armies and directly assault the middle east, bombing cities. They forcefully make millions flea to Europe for safety. This mass exodus of people is not good. The Europeans can either bend and buy into the Russian economic monopoly, or resist and continue to absorb fleeing 3rd world peoples. But members of the government in the east know that this cannot continue forever. The Americans have their pretty new NAU army to test out on the field, and they aren't afraid to. Just more live fire testing for their empire. Something must be done to kick the Americans out of the game. Entities from those governments contact homegrown partisans in America who don't like the government. They smuggle them a nuke, and create a few crisis situation that demand some form of DC summit. When they meet, boom, a few radicals blow up DC in the name of freedom. From this, the military has fill in the political vacuum. Two generals are selected to control the home front, in order to sway views of a dictatorship. The Americans pull out of the war, and the Russians enter Europe as liberators, freeing European governments controlling the people who are oppressed. So much death occurs that European populations drastically decrease from the war. People filled into cities being bombed simply don't last long. The Russians occupy the African and European Unions as they establish a Eurasian Union. All while this happens, America fractures. One general goes rouge and starts acting like a dictator, and the other general is too afraid to start a civil war and kill his fellow countrymen. The radical general burns down the UN building, arrests political dissenters, is herald as the savior of the republic, even though he's basically a dictator. Businessmen and wealthy investors who don't like this dictator start funding a new army to be built in the Eastern states, lead by the less crazy general. They force him to look at the extermination going on, and this makes him angry enough to fight his countrymen. The civil war begins with the bombing of east coast military encampments from the radical general, who takes up home in the west. NAU is pretty much gone. Mexico fractures into chaos, and Canada tries to keep out of the problems. But as the chaos spreads into both their borders, a few Mexican generals join with the eastern general, and some Canadian leaders join soon later. A military force forms to fight the lunatic in the west. They go to war, but a perpetual war forms along the Mississippi and great plains. Meanwhile, the Europeans need help. They need a crazy man to lead a crazy last ditch effort to fight back the Eurasian Union. They ask the Americans for help. In exchange for help him, the western general will go to Europe after stabilizing the homeland. A small Euro force is assembled to help, and the western general prepares for a final push along the front. From the west, forces cross the river. From the North, planes drop troops, and from the east, European marines land to secure some spots. In the raging chaos, the western general and his administration are pretty much arrested and executed except for a very few. Those few take over, and reorganize. They push back the enemy, and keep pushing pass the river. The Europeans go home to make a last stand, failing to help the Americans get back into their war. As the Eurasian Union absorbs Europe and Africa, the western general in America keeps pushing into the west. A great travesty occurs. the Western general, needing support, and with growing evidence linking him to the dc bombing, generates evidence to say the Russians and Chinese are to blame. He orders a nuclear retaliation strike. desperate for European aid, and needing a scape goat, he strikes the, just as DC was, during a summit, killing many leaders. Advanced technologies prevent a counterstrike. This eventually accumulating in the nuclear strike of his home base by the eastern forces, and catching him while he tryed to escape. The World Union begins to form. Out of the perpetual war between Russia and Europe, a military and political organization overthrows what remains of the Russian, Chinese, and European governments, forming a peaceful union to end the slaughter. This new Union that establishes peace, pressures the Americans into stopping their fighting, just as the western forces enter the last strongholds of the eastern forces. The World Union forces the new American leadership give over their POWs, including the eastern general. The newly united Americans are too weak to resist this united military force, so they go forward with it. The World Union charges both sides with war crimes, but they execute the western leadership, allowing the eastern leadership to leave in disgrace and exile. The World Union finally established world peace, and has to live with what this global conflict has done. The environment is dead, the ice caps no more, the sky gray with the burning corpses of billions. The world went into the meat grinder and barley made it out alive. after all this, it is circa 2016, and the world begins to enter a new era of a one world government acting as the savior of mankind against self extermination and war. vast vertical farms are built to scrub the dirty skies and make food for the survives. New technologies are developed to help the world, but how long until this government fails. The leadership of those Americans that were exiled waits for the day that the world union is a problem, so they may strike again, globally, and create their own free world.

Now, what I hope happens? not this...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think something will happen, though I don't know the date.

I think it has to do with the possibilities given to us by the Internet. Now ideas can freely circulate, and though there is still some form of control over it, positive thoughts are gaining momentum. There is also fear and oppression on the net, but at least people with positive mindsets may touch more people. And that is just good, no one can deny it.

I believe when we reach a critical mass, more and more people will say : "That's it, I don't care if they call me insane, I want more, I want my Love back, I want my Courage back, I want my Will back."

And then other people of the Earth will see something is wrong, that more and more are becoming "mad" or "idealists" as they will say. And it will make them question themselves : "Are we right ? Madness isn't supposed to be contagious ? Maybe we are wrong ?"

That's my dream. But I live to it

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I think that we are a species (particularly those in so-called advanced parts of the world) of petulant, spoiled, fattened children who THINK we know much more than we actually do. Such is the error in judgment of the very young since the dawn of time...

1) We don't even understand what REAL work is anymore...
2) There is JOY, deep and fulfilling, in an honest and passionate work
3) You cannot change the world - you can only change you and then wait to see what the ripple effect will be...

As for greed and 'economic slavery' - there are still choices. Simply stop participating in a system you find morally or philosophically objectionable. For example, if you think television and 'the media' are corrupt - STOP WATCHING. They continue to do what they do because WE continue to support them with our viewing and our purchasing as consumers. Trust me, if everyone stopped watching - or a large enough chunk of us did - they'd sit up and take notice.
See, when we blame everything on some 'nefarious and unnamed' them - there is no sense of accountability or responsibility in that. As Gandhi said, "BE the change you wish to see in the world."

And finally, ACTIONS themselves are not the END - they are simply an expression of our intentions (NO, the way to hell is NOT paved with good intentions) - what you think in your mind, feel in your emotions drives every action you take. Even the worst deeds done with a TRUE intention of 'do no harm' will NEVER be as bad as even the seemingly best actions of those who mask their true, selfish and harmful intentions with the pretense of a good deed. Change your intentions and you WILL change the world - one person at a time, starting with YOU and the resulting ripple effect that can create.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

You present a good point about people who are close to death. I had sensed since about 13 that my ONLY purpose on life was to ascend. By 18, and the few experiences I had, It had been cemented.

To the OP:

I'm going to agree with you, but I have been living that rebel life since my early 20's. (over 10 years) It isn't easy, and many times you find yourself in fight or flight situations. (get a job or let yourself lose something, shelter, vehicle, ect.)

I only work when absolutely necessary. I live with whoever fate puts into my path. Lived with dad till about 22, a girlfriend till 26, best friend until 29, now I'm with mom (and yes i pay some rent, I'm not totally a freeloader).. Many peers(not friends) would view me or this lifestyle as a "Loser", but I choose this life. I can smile everyday, happy with my decisions. I am free from a clock, and to me, that makes me the biggest winner on the planet.

I would say that is the ultimate test. Can you face yourself? Are you satisfied with what you have accomplished or haven't?

It might be easy for me, becuase I view this life to be 99.9% spiritual, that one can't ascend correctly with material attachments, any and all, even desires.

As many have said. It shall be what you make it, you reap what you sow.

Back on topic: I love the poster who mentioned when nothing happens in 2012 we are gonna get upset nothing happened. This causing people to make something happen.

To answer the question posed in the title. I can't, and haven't for some time. Then again, there are adverse affects of this path, as I mentioned.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think most of us just felt like something is wrong with the world, and we have felt this for years. I'm 29 and Ive been looking for the answers for what feels like a decade. First of all, civilization is not sustainable. We use and use, and especially now that we have 7 billion people on the planet, we are using like never before. Its not sustainable because we use WAY more than we replenish. I won't even go into my opinions of our (the US) government. I'll just say that the government has literally rewritten the constitution, and you are right.... doing "this" is not sustainable either. But remember that it takes time to do anything on a large scale, and I'm referring to the time it took our government to take over our lives. So there has to be a reaction by the people, and this too will take time because first we have to have enough people to make our move as a society that has had enough of "this". To make our move, people have to snap out of it and realize that what our daily lives consist of is not making us happy and it not leading us anywhere good. We will never be satisfied with what the earth can provide. This is because our spirit or soul leads us whether you realize it or not. We have human instincts that tell us something is wrong with the world. Some people suppress this instinct for years before they realize they've spent their whole lives unhappy and basically a slave.

So the question is, how do we satisfy our spirit? I believe that knowing Jesus and the scripture is the answer. Ask yourself... would our selected leaders/officials be leading us in this direction if they believed God unleash his wrath on the wicked? Would people shoot up their peers in high schools if they had been taught the bible? We allow our children to be taught evolution in public schools. Evolution teaches them that they formed from pond scum over millions of years, that we are just animals. That when you die, thats the end all. Evolution is a lie that has been proven false decades ago. It is the foundation of most evil in todays world. And it is a religion. I say that because what you believe (your paradigm) determines how you react to situations in life.

Most of us, including me, don't know 99% of what the bible says and teaches. We just know the basics, and from those basics we make the decision on whether it is a fairytale or not. Many think the bible is man's work and just a story to push us into a life of God's laws. Well if God created man, then I think we better get to know him and what he wants us to do because evolution is a flat out lie, and an agnostic is just not doing the research necessary to find the answers.

Anything done well in life takes dedication and passion. Being a Christian is not an easy life to live because there are so many distractions around us. I just recently accepted Jesus as my savior so I have a long way to go but I realize that the spirit cannot be satisfied by money, sex, tv's, cars, or girlfriends. There is a reason for this. The reason is because we are meant to be one with the Lord. He created us in his image, and we are to be free. No ones spirit can be broken when we are one with the Lord, but that doesn't stop our governments from trying. It doesn't stop them from taking away our liberties. Our founding fathers and even presidents like Roosevelt and Kennedy warned us of big government, and does anything ring a bell these days?

So will anything happen in 2012? I think it will be a period of enlightenment. So many people will have woken up by then, and hopefully realized the evil of todays governments and leaders. They truly dont care about people, only of money and power. Remember, we will never be satisfied with earthly possessions. Also

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them" - Ephesians 5:11

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I too aplaud you for your awareness at a young age. We are an enslaved population. We all work our entire lives, mostly from dawn till dusk, day in day out. Just for our daily bread. The Other half of our money goes to feed the machine. I'ts exactly like the matrix and we're all cogs in the machine.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wow it is great to see how many younger people are thinking just like i am. The material i have been looking into is just being confirmed day by day. I am 20 and also feel a great change/shift coming. I feel every generation will play it's part in the shift. We each have the tools to create a great world that we all can live together peacefully. There will still be disagreements over some things but that is natural when you have entities thinking in differing styles. The thing that is fundamental is our understanding and agreement of a universal truth. That is really the only thing pulling people apart.

But our differences in the end are going to be the things that make us realize we need to unite as a whole race of peoples on this planet. I feel all things happen for a reason. We are experiencing this time for a purpose. i see so much potential in our earth race. Imagine combining all the fun things we have created through these times of spiritual/mental confinement with the truths of who we really are and what this mass creation of reality is all about. It would really be just like the movies that we watch.

It just takes us maturing as a race. i believe as we speak and debate about topics here on ats we are all helping this maturation. All it will take is one major world event. Whether it is the disclosure of alien life, an economic collapse, a great catastrophe, a natural shift in consciousness etc something is going to be the catalyst. When this event happens everyone who hasn't questioned their reality before is going to start and that's when things will begin to get very interesting for us all.

Most of the younger generation of today has heard of at least one "conspiracy theory" because of the technology age we have grown up in. Information is all over the internet whether dubbed fake or not that will make people think. We all have a piece to this grand puzzle. We all have a part to play.

I am excited for the times to come. All i can do is trust my feelings and instincts. if they are wrong then so be it. i will just have to live with it and know things went that way because it just wasn't the right time. i'm confident that wen the time comes and the hidden information starts flowing through the masses, the majority of humanity will choose the right path.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
I would say that is the ultimate test. Can you face yourself? Are you satisfied with what you have accomplished or haven't?

We all know deep down in ourselves that it's the only truth. Some will accept this early, some will only at their very last breath. But wether you believe in the soul our not, that WILL be your last thought, make no mistake about it.

Have courage my friend

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
There is a big change coming. Its going to get cold, really cold, crops are going to fail and there will be many who starve, and there will be massive unrest and fighting over food. The warmists have defrauded everyone and will suffer the brunt of the anger. 2012 could be a year with no summer if the Sun continues its sleep from Sunspots.

The one thing that has the potential to avert a total disaster is being hidden from us and that is the secret to the energy of the universe..zero point energy. It is real, it violates no laws of thermodynamics. Those who control it will sit and let the rest of us starve. It is the ultimate weapon for depopulation, they simply do nothing and climate does the job for them.

Were I young like many of you, with the world situation as it is now, I would focus my efforts on being independent, to save as much as possible and try to have myself in a safe, well supplied and secure place. It is difficult to go wrong with that strategy no matter what happens.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Isn`t it amazing how we are programmed from birth, that we must put all efforts into work. I remember how I was told by my mother, that my father had worked from the age of ten (working for his dad), till the day he retired. The saddest part being, he never really got to enjoy retirement, in other words, he worked humself to death. What did it gain him? A shorter life, very little time to spend with family, a body so worn out, that when he died, he only weighed 98 lbs. And who wins in the end? Who do you think, the government. My fahter died at the age of 75, but was in such bad shape from years of hard work, he was never able to enjoy what little time he had left during retirement. He made sure we never went without, but, if it ment he could have lived longer, I for sure would have not cared if we didn`t have everything we wanted.

His whole life revolved around work, as he was paying for a farm, and to do so, had to work in a factory to help make ends meet. So it was up at 4:30-5:00 every morning, go to work in the factory, come home to work in the fields till 10:00-11:00 at night. I know, because I worked right next to him every day after school. I watched him kill himself just to have a little bit of something to call his own.

Edit to add:

When I say the government won, I mean by the taxes collected from him. I bet they just loved him for that.......yea.... right. I wish I knew how much he paid in over his life.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I completely understand what you mean my friend, I'm not old enough to not remember what it's like to be 19, but is suppose , at 28, I'm old enough to be a bit of a cynic and say... welcome to the World.

It's hard, it's unfair. The good guys don't always win, the bad guys don't wear black hats and life rarely turns out like you want it to.

You're unlucky enough to hit adulthood in a time of economic crisis. Hell, when I was your age, we were in a financial boom and nothing could go wrong and I was pissed every night.

I agree that we need a change from this constant boom and bust society, but nothing short of globalisation, or alien invasion is gonna get that ball rolling.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
Evolution teaches them that they formed from pond scum over millions of years, that we are just animals. That when you die, thats the end all. Evolution is a lie that has been proven false decades ago. It is the foundation of most evil in todays world. And it is a religion. I say that because what you believe (your paradigm) determines how you react to situations in life.

The Church teach the Evolution of the Soul, why would that be different for the Nature ? Since you seem to be christian, I will talk to you with your words :

I believe in the Soul, I believe that God created our Soul in his own image. I believe he created the Nature in his own image too as a receptacle for the Soul. Just like he want us to evolve spiritually, he also made the receptacle evolve to allow this evolution. If God is everywhere, under every rock, in every tree and in all the creation, he will make this nature evolve according to his plan.

Now the only problem is that you oppose science with religion, you see them as two face of one coin. But in the end it is the same coin.

You call your God by his name, and Darwin called him : variation and selection. But both of you call this process we all face in the spirit and in the body as "Evolution".

Does God want to divide people and make them fight each other over ideas, or did we choose that path alone ?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Were I young like many of you, with the world situation as it is now, I would focus my efforts on being independent, to save as much as possible and try to have myself in a safe, well supplied and secure place. It is difficult to go wrong with that strategy no matter what happens.

Yeah, and dying alone in my bunker, with everything I "saved" waiting to catch a new radio signal. Wondering how is the outside world going. Awesome

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

That is one of the most enlightened views towards science and religion I have heard in years.

I, personally am not religious. It's kinda like my argument that if God is omnipresent, then why should you have to go to church to praise Him?

If God wanted us not to know the science we know, he wouldn't have given us the intelligence to know it.

If God is all powerful, then it doesn't matter what I do.

And finally:

If God is all knowing, then I am included in His plan and whatever I do is according to his plan (anyone else see the hypocracy in this? Whatever happened to free will?)

[edit on 7-1-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFoverWith that said, people today are required to work less than in the past, for the most part. Less than a hundred years ago, a work day was considered to be from sunrise to sunset. The work week was, at least, 6 days. At certain times of the year, work continued into the night and extended into the 7th day. There was no "retirement". You worked until you became, physically, unable to. Then, your children took care of you.

Only since agriculture came around, the hunter gatherers had it the best.. Simple life, peace and quiet.

"Far from scrabbling endlessly and desperately for food the hunter-gatherers are among the best-fed people on earth, and they manage this with only two or three hours a day of what you would call work——which makes them among the most leisured people on earth as well.
In his book on stone age economics, Marshall Sahlins described them as 'the original affluent society.'"

A quote from the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.

I too am tired of "this".. actually I'm tired of physical reality itself, I wanna experience something new, this is getting old real fast and I'm young.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

If God is all knowing, then I am included in His plan and whatever I do is according to his plan (anyone else see the hypocracy in this? Whatever happened to free will?)

Thank you for your comment !

Ok regarding free will, here is my view (remember I used the name God but I'm not Christian, like you I refer to it as the ALL).

We have free will, but we cannot oppose the law of Nature. We can easily decide to read a book or not, but we cannot jump off a building hoping to fly without wings. But we can create those wings.

Now how is that freewill experienced. That free will ALWAYS be a choice between an easy reward that will leave us empty sometime afterwards (smoking a cig, buying a new TV, insulting someone), and a difficult path that will leave us full (not smoking that cig, using my money to be with those I love, forgiving someone).

I'm not a christian, but that's what every religion, and philosophy is teaching.

And yes there are some terrible events that make us always question if this really true, if it is really rewarding to take the hardest path when you see other people that seem to be struck by fate for no reason. But if you ask those who take that hardest path, they will all tell you it is worth it.

Have faith in life

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
19, you say?

Okay, this is what will happen to YOU in the mighty year 2012.

1) You will meet someone and fall *in love*. Ho ho ho.

2) You will want to live together.

3) You will need money to pay for 'your place'.

4) You will need a job to get that money.

5) You will need a car to get to that job.

6) And Shazam! You're in the Rat Race. No turning back.

Be careful young one.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I like that. I believe that everyone's truth is unique, but what you've said sounds nice. I understand what (I forget who you were responding to.) was trying to say, though. I've got a lot of the same feelings as both of you. I'm still figuring out how I'll end up, but I'm okay with that. Again, I like a lot of the stuff you said. Kudos.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There are some people in this thread that have said that the Mayans just stopped randomly at December 21st, 2012 because they got tired, were wiped out, etc. I once had that thought until I heard about the dark rift. Unfortunately, I haven't found any science or any proof that the Earth, the Sun, and this rift will align exactly on 12/21/12, so if anybody has any, that'd be great. I knew somewhat about the dark rift for a couple of years now, but considering that it was in Conspiracy Theory, I'm assuming there's some basis behind it.

Something will happen on 12/21/12. The question isn't will it happen, but what will happen:

· World ends
· Humanity undergoes a massive positive change
· Humanity transcends into another dimension and gains new powers
· Aliens make contact with Earth
· The government stages a massive false flag event with aliens or something else
· Terrorists or some other radical group bombs something of major importance
· The U.S. economy collapses
· A new major war starts somewhere

There are just far too many possibilities, and I think it's crazier to say there's a 100% chance of nothing happening than believing it. Even if nothing supernatural or mystical happens, some insane group will probably try to plan something.

You have to wonder what all the 2012 believers are going to do after 2012, though. All their willpower to continue living might end up being shattered.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by SonicInfinity]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join