It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I support the so-called depopulation agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i think you`ve got it all wrong,the rich nations need cheap resources and cheap labour because if everyone was equal they wouldn`t be to make the profits they do through exploitation,so they stop countries from developing by many different methods from corrupting leaders to creating a carbon tax or contaminating their vaccines with aids

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I dont think the world is overpopulated. I think life is underrated. People just dont care.

Brazil is one of the biggest countries in the world. The great majority of our 200 million inhabitants live in the big cities and in the coastal area which occupy a smaller portion of our territory. most of our lands have a very low demographic. There is enough land to a LOT more people.

There is also enough food production in the world to feed everyone. The problem is logistics. I will give you an example. Here in Brazil a lot of food goes to waste instead of being donated. Why? Because we have some very strict laws that would harshly punish the companies donating food making them responsible for anything that happens to those receiving it. I know it sounds just OK the way i write it, but the law in itself is very descouraging. So, a lot of food goes to waste. nobody wants to risk getting punished by trying to HELP.

If the ones in power actually decided to CHANGE the world and give a better life to everyone, I bet they could do it. But there are a lot of self interest involved. To invest on food, shelter, education and health to the poor population in another country means not investing in your own country. And our current economical system will harshly punish any leader of any Nation who decides to play losely with that nation´s money. So, help is limited and not enough to become a solutoin.

I mean, dude, we *have* the WHOLE PLANET. Lets say that again. WE HAVE THE WHOLE PLANET! One more time. THE WHOLE PLANET. Are you telling me we dont have enough food for everyone? We dont have enough land for everyone? Resources? We cant make shelter for everyone?

We can. Wait, let me borrow from the now infamous Obama. YES we can. But it is just not gonna happen. So it is easier to just say there is too many people in the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunksNotDead
reply to post by hikix

Yeah really smart , you think that's alright to put taxes on KIDS ?

Well, it beats killing them. I figure if you tax the third kid, people would be more unlikely to have it... but then again its usually the dumb people that have all the kids anyway. See the movie 'idiocracy'

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Great. How about you start with yourself and your family?

If one support anything regarding depopulation, start off first and do us a favour.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

So you're advocating turning the whole planet into a giant farm. We can't do that as we need massive amounts of trees for oxygen production, not to mention massive swathes of the planet is not suitable for growing crops. Also people have to live somewhere.

All the people in this thread, without exception, who want us to just keep on breedin' want the planet to turn into a massive farm. The only animals they want to survive are ones we can eat.

Don't you folks realise eventually, as the Earth is finite we will run out of room, and population control will be necessary. Otherwise people will die out from hunger and disease. But I guess you folks think that's better than us having to have this discussion now.

Education will solve all of the world's problems.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

free energy and advanced technology which is being held back from the people that will crush the oil and power corporations from thriving is the answer

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If it comes down to this... that IF we ever truely reach a point where we can no longer sustain, then we will fight amongst ourselves to correct the population or the Earth itself will make a correction via either warming or cooling.

I would never allow myself to be depopulated because the more of MY OWN I have working the more likely I and them will survive where others perish.

Since I understand that there are millions of worlds we can inhabit where others limit us like fish in an aquarium...

I think my portion of the species could fix this minor and unnecessary dilemma by the nature of think and I DESERVE to live... where faithless depopulation theorists can't and wont by philosophy anyway...

So I see this is a giant die off of the hopeless and stupid anyway...

And will have no problem burying them while I build my house for all my kids one day...

I'd say... a lot of us in here shld just look forward to this...

Because the correction will come regardless... and

1: depopulation (those who don't reproduce...will all be gone)

2: war mongers on either side... mostly will be gone...

3: the greedy, those who risk lives to crowd into major urban centers will be gone... those who know nothing but money and business gone...

4: the backwards, those who have walked far enough away from genuinely being tribal but not even come close to being civilized, will not survive...

5: The deviants, the pedophiles and criminally insane those that survive wont last long without the law to protect them...

I see....

I really nice world... don't much care who ushers it in, the NWO or Mother Nature...

either way i'm going to continue to populate and survive to enjoy it...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well then, maybe you should be at the first of the list for depopulation!!!...J/K (I just figured everyone probably hadn't heard that enough by now....ah...the originality kills me.)

This is something I've brought up several times, as mentioned in my thread:

Is it worth it? A question to ponder...

And I do see this as a valid debatable issue, just as long as we can get past the multiple same responses such as 'YOU FIRST'; of course, when the OP says things like:

And to anyone who would answer "why don't you start with yourself," etc., I would reply that if I thought it would actually be part of an effective program that would really reduce population on a global level, I would have no problem sacrificing myself for my beliefs.

It really sort of kills it. Remember this OP, saying is so much easier than doing, especially when it goes against our most basic of instincts: survival.

This however:

My plan would be -- offer ANYONE free food for life if they agree to sterilization.

Brings up an interesting point, and one that makes sense to me. Obviously a little rough around the edges, but sense nonetheless. To relieve the lives of so many, and spare so many more at the same time creates a breeding ground for brainstorming ideas.

And to the several people who respond with answers similar to:

take a look on google earth.DOES THE PLANET LOOK OVER POPULATED TO YOU!!!

Have obviously not read up on the overpopulation scenario at all. Here, take a look:

www.overpopulation.org...

And a little taste:

If global population reaches 9.1 billion by 2050, world food production will need to rise by 70%, and in the developing world by 100%, predicts the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO).

This forecast does not take into account any increase in agricultural production for biofuels, which, by 2030, will require 35 million hectares of land--an area about the size of France and Spain combined.

Barriers to increased food production are rising energy prices, growing depletion of underground aquifers, the continuing loss of farmland to urbanization, and increased drought and flooding resulting from climate change.

The number of people in the world who are chronically hungry reached one billion mark in 2009, with 642 million in Asia and the Pacific, 265 million in sub-Saharan Africa, 53 million in Latin America and the Caribbean, and 42 million in the Near East and North Africa. This means that one in seven are chronically hungry.

Overpopulation means more than just finding empty space to store people.

Although having all the same advances in technology with perhaps fewer people might sound like a brilliant utopia to many people, I could never advocate the massive genocide of people. That is why we need to rely on what the massive amount of people DO bring to the table...greater minds and greater advances in technology.

Terraforming of Mars

Population control is, I believe the first, and most sane route to look into for immediate answers as to what we can do now. The issue is that even the brief mention of such a thing goes so against people's religious beliefs about all life being a 'miracle' and babies are 'God's greatest gifts'. These beliefs lead to more and more procreation further costing us.

Population Control

[edit on 1/5/2010 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You want your kids to live in a world full of pestilence and disease? Suffering from massive starvation, having to fight every single day for a meagre existence, simply because you're too selfish to realise we can't always have what we want, and the screwy idea you have in your mind about what the outcome of such tragedy would be sounds pleasing to you.

How very nice of you!

Also, betting on the "millions of worlds we can live on" idea is great, until we reach critical population before we can move to and live on those worlds, then we're utterly screwed.

People are not advocating killing anyone, just educating people on the finite nature of the world, and what would happen when we fill it up. People will realise, rapidly enough, that popping out kids as fast as possible is not sustainable, and will only lead to suffering for those very kids, or their children, down the line.

If you care about your kids, you'd want them to live in a world where they'd be happy, not fighting every day for their survival, only to die at the ripe old age of 25, hungry and bloated from disease, because Papa's generation thought it sounded cool at the time.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
maybe we should start growing crops for food instead of for biofuel, which creates a bigger carbon footprint to create than using oil

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There are a number of factors that we all hate to admit but already do the bidding for the agenda's depopulation such as- accidents, disease, murder, war...If someone wants to volunteer to not have children all they have to do is nothing at all...People are just ignorant and don't think. Some people shouldnt be parents at all especially if they can't provide for their children...The last thing we need is the government stepping in. People who can't economically support their kids and continue to have baby after baby as well are another source of the issue...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by someguy420

Go outside of the city and look at the seemingly limitless amount of land. Every man Woman and child could fit on Australia with a quarter acre block of land, enough to grow a lot of their own food.

LOLOL.. quarter acre of land grows a lot of food huh?? That's absurd.. IF everyone had to grow their own food and you took the city folk and distributed across the uninhabited farmable lands the world would fill up FAST.. The fact that we're unable to support the number we have now is evident when you look at our water supplies. The west coast USA will be dry soon, the recent diesel spill in China is going to reek havoc there, not to mention everywhere else that is teetering at the moment. We are one major crop failure from a disaster as it is. A lot of us are at the mercy of the lifestyle we've come to know. Most people like yourself (no offense just trying to enlighten) are ignorant of what it takes to survive without supermarkets while fewer still have the resources needed to survive.

It is true we're making some adjustments. People generally don't have 8+ children anymore as it's not needed and almost unaffordable. The problem with this is that people are living longer so the population is still swelling. So do you people seriously think that there isn't a maximum number of humans this earth can support?? And if you don't think this, then at what point do you start acknowledging this as a problem?? Because the earths population is constantly growing and you'll have to come to terms with this at some point in your life.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I completely agree.. Im always thinking something along those lines when I see people ranting about depopulation being an infringement on human rights and that this 'NWO' is seeking to control us all.

It would be great if a voluntary methods such as contraception & choosing not to have children were given more emphasis in terms of being depopulation methods.
I do actually think China has got the right idea limiting couples to one child. And its not even like you arent allowed to have another child, you just recieve a fine if you do. Which if you cant afford to pay makes you wonder why these people are putting the financial burden of another child onto themselves in the first place.
There is obviously the issue of baby girls being abandoned, but something does need to be done, and that problem is surely preferable to the long-term implications of overpopulation, right?

Im sure there's enough food in the world to feed everyone, and enough of other resources for the time being. But the issue is organization, and the current methods we use to obtain energy, food etc. The rate that the population is increasing Governments will end up buckling under the pressure of dealing with feeding everyone, crime, healthcare, schooling & various other issues, whilst trying to attend to 3rd world countries issues as well.
If we got the population under control it would at least give us a chance to try and overhaul the way we live, and stop us from basically raping the planet for all its worth.

But of course they can always just leave us to our own devices, then our species can eventually starve to death & die of various diseases, knowing that we didnt have our human rights infringed upon.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
look at our water supplies.lol look at this planet it`s full of water and should be full of water treatment plants turning sea water into drinking water and making aquaducts to deserts and baron lands thus creating more living space to grow crops

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
One more thing.. All you guys that say "there's enough unpopulated areas for people to live!!" Yeah buddy.. cut down those trees!! Cut them all down!! Scratch your head as the O2 goes down and the temperature goes up!!! Lets put a house every 1/2 acre and fill them up!! Wait.. where will our livestock be.. and where will our bio waste go?? and!! and!! Where will we bury our dead?? Eh.. Don't worry about it.. You're being a humanitarian!! You saved those people down the street that you have to provide for. For those that are screaming sacrilege at the OP if you feel so strongly then go out and bring a homeless person to your house and provide for them. Ah.. but that would mean a direct impact on the way you live you say.. That will be EXACTLY what it will come to. Right now you can take a moral soapbox. You don't see the money it's costing you because it's still a small amount. Soon your way of life will be encroached upon.. When throwing money at the problem stops working and it's is in your face, you'll abandon that soapbox my friends I assure you.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by l77way
look at our water supplies.lol look at this planet it`s full of water and should be full of water treatment plants turning sea water into drinking water and making aquaducts to deserts and baron lands thus creating more living space to grow crops

And the water processing plants in the ocean kill marine life with their pumps, and the deserts are gone wiping out an entire ecosystem, having climatic effects when the hot air columns the desert provides aren't there anymore.. Stop thinking this world is "ours" to manipulate. It has dire effects when you do drastic things. I bet you think that for every extra person the sea level drops and makes extra space for that person too!! Makes good sense to me.. Lets see if we can make enough people to drain the oceans!!

BTW I'm not advocating government action at all.. They already have their noses too far in my cookie jar. I'm just advocating a cease and desist on all organizations - private and government alike - who are hellbent on making health decisions a government issue and trying to save every last human on the planet.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by PayMeh]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
We in the west are already depopulating. In Canada, the average family has 1.77 children. I would imagine it's similiar in the US. I"ve also heard the same for Britain, but I'm not sure about the rest of Europe.
So I have to wonder how it is we're going to be able to tell people on the other side of the world how many kids they can have.

I feel the reason for this is that the majority of people in the west and europe are so cash strapped and make only enough money to pay the banks that enslave us. We simply cannot afford to have more than one kid.
I know many people who chose to simply quit their jobs and stay at home with their young ones because the cost of child care here in Canada (except of course Quebec) is enormous. When you have to shell out at minimum $1000/month per child for daycare it doesnt make sense to work 40 hours weeks and then shell out the majority for childcare.

Which brings up the other side of it where basically both husband and wife must work in order to cover their cost of living. Society no longer makes it easy to have a child and you can see it today in the keychain kids how well they are brought up when Mom and Dad both have FT jobs.

This is in a sense population control when it is almost impossible to afford to have a child. But I guess you need to sacrifice slot of things in order to do it and the majority of people like me chose not to.

The family size in Canada used to be quite large in comaprison to today. For instance when farming was a major industry and way of living you needed to have lots of children in order to run and maintain the home farmstead. My grandparents had 18 kids and they all worked the farm growing up. This was a necessity not a choice as they could not afford to hire anyone to work the farm the money just wasnt there. I just feel sorry for my poor Grandma as she was basically pregnant all of her life!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by l77way

Desalizination of sea water is very expensive and energy consuming. It is a little more plausible with nuclear thermal, but those countries which need it the most are usually those most poor and corrupt, and cannot afford it.
And without proper education etc., all this would lead to would be even bigger population boom.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i cant beleive people cant see what`s staring them in the face.this planet has an abundance of natural resources that if managed and maintained correctly we should be able to do what life intended us to do and that is to live in harmony with nature,have you ever heard of

THE VENUS PROJECT

www.thevenusproject.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

YOU SAID IT RIGHT THERE.the problem is money the reason why we cant have the free energy and a world of equality is because you cant make money of it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join